IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

4 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I just love how happy Dr Fauci seems now that there's an adult in charge, who is willing to listen to him and other experts. I have hope that the pandemic can get under control enough for us to go back to work and other things we once took for granted.

Also an adult who appears to be grounded in reality. Always a good start.

• Upvote 4

On 1/21/2021 at 8:47 AM, CTRLZero said:

Skeptical me will believe it when I see it.

I believe it!  Our daughter did, indeed, receive her first vaccination and was given an appointment to return for shot #2.  Now to figure out how to obtain vaccinations for her parents.  ?  I wish it was a little more straightforward, but I’m hopeful things will be moving more efficiently soon. 

• Upvote 3

I’m a bit frustrated trying to get my 85+ YO parents, one who has asthma, the vaccine. They live in Northern CA and have Kaiser. Now if these people aren’t next in line, I don’t know who is. I’ve been to multiple sites to input their data and all come up, “you can not schedule a vaccination at this time.” Now people I know who are 75 all have been given the shot. I’m just wondering what gives. So frustrating. 

On 1/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, sndral said:

Last night my headlines were that CA might not get 70% of over 65s (currently group 1b) vaccinated until June. I’m hoping that w/ a grown up in the White House the manufacturing and distribution pace will pick up. I am over 65 and the data is very clear that for those my age Covid-19 is a deadly disease since 80-85% of deaths are in those over age 65  https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-020-09826-8, thus I have been sheltering in place since mid March, some days it’s hard to not be discouraged.

For those interested in how the vaccine roll out is going CDC has a tracking tool, click on your state for the numbers of people who’ve been vaccinated per 100,000. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

As I mentioned in my last comment, my 85 + YO parent in Sacramento still haven’t been cleared for a vaccine. I’m in Santa Cruz County and all the folks I know who are 75 have had their shots already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I’m a bit frustrated trying to get my 85+ YO parents, one who has asthma, the vaccine. They live in Northern CA and have Kaiser. Now if these people aren’t next in line, I don’t know who is. I’ve been to multiple sites to input their data and all come up, “you can not schedule a vaccination at this time.” Now people I know who are 75 all have been given the shot. I’m just wondering what gives. So frustrating. 

As I mentioned in my last comment, my 85 + YO parent in Sacramento still haven’t been cleared for a vaccine. I’m in Santa Cruz County and all the folks I know who are 75 have had their shots already. 

It seems to depend on which county you live in. I’m just south of you in Monterey & they are still only vaccinating 1A, so my 87 yr. old mother (she’s had a triple bypass) can’t even register to get the vaccine yet. An acquaintance is a 30 yr. old counselor here in Monterey (doing her work via zoom) and she’s had both shots - she’s medical doncha know. The county where I used to live is doing drive throughs for over 65s. It’s beyond frustrating. I signed up to be notified re: vaccine info. on Monterey’s web site - it took them a full week to even send out the auto reply that I registered & no communication since that. Frankly I think they are incompetent and incapable of handling the task they face, hence my hope the Feds step in to help, or the state gets it’s head out of it’s ass and gives some stronger mandates that get the shots in the arms of the people most likely to die rather than the haphazard, inequitable way it’s going so far.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 3

44 minutes ago, sndral said:

It seems to depend on which county you live in. I’m just south of you in Monterey & they are still only vaccinating 1A, so my 87 yr. old mother (she’s had a triple bypass) can’t even register to get the vaccine yet. An acquaintance is a 30 yr. old counselor here in Monterey (doing her work via zoom) and she’s had both shots - she’s medical doncha know. The county where I used to live is doing drive throughs for over 65s. It’s beyond frustrating. I signed up to be notified re: vaccine info. on Monterey’s web site - it took them a full week to even send out the auto reply that I registered & no communication since that. Frankly I think they are incompetent and incapable of handling the task they face, hence my hope the Feds step in to help, or the state gets it’s head out of it’s ass and gives some stronger mandates that get the shots in the arms of the people most likely to die rather than the haphazard, inequitable way it’s going so far.

I am a retired nurse. According to the “my turn” site, since I have a valid RN license in CA, I could bump up, but I find that ridiculous. Your mom Should be next. Good luck! I also secretly think that maybe some people have been deemed less worthy of saving-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I am a retired nurse. According to the “my turn” site, since I have a valid RN license in CA, I could bump up, but I find that ridiculous. Your mom Should be next. Good luck! I also secretly think that maybe some people have been deemed less worthy of saving-

Some counties are requiring not just a license, but a work badge or letter from an employer to show medical personnel are active.  I know our county has tried to reach out to over 75 and up and only opened to 65 and up when they saw open appointment times.  

• Thank You 3

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Some counties are requiring not just a license, but a work badge or letter from an employer to show medical personnel are active.  I know our county has tried to reach out to over 75 and up and only opened to 65 and up when they saw open appointment times.  

When I went to the site, there were multiple different identifying qualifiers. Nowhere did it mention “and.” The second one listed was valid professional license and a photo ID. Other qualifiers included a current work badge. I thought maybe it was to vaccinate qualified people who then might volunteer to give vaccinations themselves. I have also received an email from the BRN stating that I was eligible to order and give vaccinations. Order from where? JC the state can’t even seem to order enough vaccines-

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

This  covidiot thought he should be elected to make decisions for other people. 

This is from his Twitter a couple of days ago.

Fetus lives matter but not those of his coworkers.

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

this is what the megajerk looks like

He thinks endangering other people's lives is the same as wearing American socks.

Since he is whining about socks I am going to assume that he's worn  offensive clothing to make an offensive point.

• WTF 2

UK government has to withdraw ad that asks people to stay home, and contains four pictures, one of a family, including a man, hanging out on the sofa, the other 3 showing women and children engaged in domestic activities. Apparently this “doesn’t reflect the government’s view of women.”  

Yeah, right.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

Another COVID case at the Iowa Capitol.

A announcement of a second positive case of coronavirus at the Iowa Capitol on Thursday again raised the issue of safety in the building.

Iowa House Chief Clerk Meghan Nelson says a person associated with the House tested positive on Wednesday. It is the second positive coronavirus test in the building since lawmakers convened more than two weeks ago.

Of course fuck stick Republicans here in Iowa still don't want to do masks in the Capitol.

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I.. have no words. Bet the ones doing the suspending are the same ones wanting schools to be in person only and whinging about them being shut. Those people should be last to get the vaccines, after every single other person in the state. Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I.. have no words. Bet the ones doing the suspending are the same ones wanting schools to be in person only and whinging about them being shut. Those people should be last to get the vaccines, after every single other person in the state. Unbelievable.

It is like this for everything. For example, the ones who complain about in person dining being forbidden are the same ones refusing to wear masks and social distance.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

More Iowa GOP fuck stickery

Governor Kim Reynolds signed a bill into law requiring schools to offer full time in person learning despite the pandemic.

On Thursday, the Iowa House and Senate passed the bill that would even cover the current school year.

The bill says if a school is switching to hybrid or virtual learning, in-person classes must also be offered.

Yet another example why I want to get the FUCK out Iowa as soon as I can.  I'm done.  And I've lived here almost 46 god fucking damn years here.

• Upvote 4

On 1/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, 47of74 said:

More Iowa GOP fuck stickery

Yet another example why I want to get the FUCK out Iowa as soon as I can.  I'm done.  And I've lived here almost 46 god fucking damn years here.

I'm guessing she's saying nothing about class size?

My district has been in school since mid-september but we offered parents options of completely remote, hybrid where they go to school 2 days a week or full-time in school. The in-school classes are capped to allow for social distancing and typically run between 12 and 15 students as each student must have their 6 ft of space in the classroom. The high school students didn't get to go back until November and the middle school students had a time in which they were full remote. I'll admit I was scared going back to school but desperately needed the money and we are holding our own. My school puts out a covid chart on their website and infection rates range from just a little under 2% at one school to a bit over 6% at another throughout the whole school year. (Not all cases were at one time.) Masks are required and parents are required to do an online health screening each morning and we take the students temperatures before they go into the school building.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 4

From Iowa

A Democratic state lawmaker says she has tested positive for COVID-19 and thinks she was infected with the virus at the Iowa Capitol, where Republicans have refused to mandate masks or require people to disclose positive cases.

The announcement by Rep. Amy Nielsen of North Liberty on Saturday night marked the first confirmed case among legislators, but there have been three other positive cases among people associated in the House since the legislative session began three weeks ago.

Of course Chuck Grassley's useless idiot fornicate stick son is going on about how he can't force people to wear masks.  Give me a fornicating break.  They have rules that men wear suits and ties in the chamber. 

• WTF 4

The Democrats are going ahead with relief whether the GOP likes it or not.

Democrats are moving now to fast-track a Covid relief package.

If Republicans want to come along, great. Democrats are arguing Republicans can vote for budget reconciliation. If Republicans don't like the plan, they can keep talking to the White House, but the underlying takeaway from the meeting on Monday night -- and all the messages from the White House in the days before that -- is the President is only willing to negotiate so much. Republicans' $618 billion proposal with no state and local funding is not going to cut it. Period.

Bottom line: President Joe Biden has the House. Biden has the Senate. He has a procedural process that gives him the chance to pass a $1.9 trillion relief package with just Democratic votes and conveniently, it's a process that Republicans used just four years ago to jam through a tax plan and try to repeal Obamacare.

They aren't doing anything Republicans haven't done.

• Upvote 6

Once again, I'm glad I live in a state where they're taking this seriously, although the governor caved to Covidiots who want to recall him into opening outdoor dining and other things again. I still don't expect to get the vaccine until the spring at the earliest, because  Orange Fuckface didn't want Democratic states getting enough vaccines, but Biden is at least making things a priority.

• Upvote 4

Iowa where jeans are verboten in the Capitol but maskless is just fine.

A state lawmaker wore jeans on the floor of the Iowa House to draw attention to Republicans’ refusal to mandate masks in the chamber even as they ban members from wearing jeans.

Democratic Rep. Beth Wessel-Kroeschell of Ames wore jeans Tuesday during House debate, and when the chief clerk asked her to change, she declined.

I wonder how much of a stink Chuckles idiot grandspawn Pat Grassley will make of this.  Fucker's probably crushing his pearls over this. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah we now have our answer.

Iowa House Speaker Pat Grassley, R-New Hartford, did not allow a Democratic representative to speak during a debate Tuesday evening because she violated the chamber dress code by wearing jeans to test Grassley’s claims that he can’t enforce a mask mandate.

Grassley has repeatedly said that he would not be able to enforce a mask mandate in the Iowa House, where the legislative session is being conducted in person during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Rep. Beth Wessel-Kroeschell, D-Ames, and other Democrats have pushed back on that claim and have called on Grassley to require masks.

“You enforce things by example,” Wessel-Kroeschell said. “And you enforce things by telling the truth and being honest about how dangerous this virus is. So I decided to test the situation.”

That fuck Grassley is looking at getting another 50 years in his grand daddy's US Senate seat.  God the state of Iowa is so fucked up right now.

• Sad 3