IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

Ugh. Covid Kim strikes again

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds appears to be prepared to push schools to return students to classrooms this month, reinforcing her plans to prioritize in-person learning even when a local school board believes it’s too risky.

The Des Moines school district’s request on Dec. 28 was the first to be rejected since August.

Des Moines Superintendent Tom Ahart’s says the school board is concerned about the safety and well-being of its students and employees based on local virus conditions.

Iowa Department of Education Director Ann Lebo rejected the request on Dec. 30. Lebo echoed Reynolds' recent statements that students engaged in remote learning are falling behind academically and that schools are not primary drivers of spread of the virus.

Must be auditioning for fuck face again. 

• Upvote 3

The US recorded nearly 4000 deaths in one day on Wednesday.

"Even as the US registered more coronavirus deaths in a single day than ever before – nearly 3,900 – on Wednesday, the mob attack on the US Capitol was laying bare some of the same political divisions that have hampered the fight against the pandemic.

The virus is surging in almost every state, with California particularly hard hit.

Soaring deaths and infections in the state are threatening to force hospitals to ration care and essentially decide who lives and who dies."

Fuck every single Republican who cosplayed  rebellion and fiddled while their countrymen and women gasped for breath and died. Fuck every single politican who did not make this the priority. Fuck Trump and fuck everyone who enabled him. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Does anyone know the guy who said he's not trying to be political as he refused a mask from Lisa Blunt Rochester?

Vaccine pledges unmet, supply issues.

The Covid-19 variant that emerged in the U.K. and sparked concerns of faster spread could become dominant in the U.S. as soon as March, U.S. public-health researchers said in a report.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city will run out of vaccines by next week due to supply shortages. New York state will receive 50,000 fewer doses next week than it did the week before, Governor Andrew Cuomo said. Other states, including New Jersey, Oregon and Colorado, said they are not receiving enough vaccine.

The world hit a frightening Covid-19 benchmark, with 2 million people dead and few expectations for infections to start dropping soon. The U.K. said it will require all visitors from overseas to have a negative coronavirus test within 72 hours of travel.

Meanwhile Colorado's Governor is not holding back:

Spoiler

An incompetent, outgoing Trump administration “lied to” all of the nation’s governors about the existence of a Covid-19 vaccine reserve for second doses, contrary to statements this week by Vice President Mike Pence and other White House officials, the governor of Colorado said.

“My guess is it’s gross incompetence,” Jared Polis, a Democrat, said at a news Friday conference in Denver. “I’m not going to attribute the motive of vengeance. I am going to say gross incompetence, but I you know could err on the side of my optimistic human nature.”

Polis said the state anticipates receiving a combined 69,800 doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for next week, about the same as this week, though, the governor also estimates Colorado medical providers could safely stretch that supply to 77,950 shots.

Tell us what you really think, heh.

• Thank You 5

On 1/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, WiseGirl said:

Unfortunately, Rand Paul is a real doctor. But he's still wrong.

• I Agree 2

San Francisco will be out of vaccine tomorrow. I keep thinking that the stockpile trump said he had was sold to the highest bidder or given to his friends (Russia, North Korea) like the stockpile of PPE that disappeared.

• Upvote 5

Or it was yet another lie to go with the other ten zillion.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 7

Pretty sure our minister of health has lost her mind. We’ve been without any out of household contact since December 8th. Long term care of course has been locked down longer. We have not seen my husband’s 96 year old grandmother in a year. They just lifted restrictions allowing outdoor gatherings and she suggested for those that want to see family members from seniors residences that we meet outside. It will be a high of minus 13 Celsius Saturday.  Does this make sense to anyone?

• WTF 3

11 minutes ago, TeaGrannie said:

Does this make sense to anyone?

Yeah, she still doesn't want you mixing with the people in retirement homes indoors, but should you get a pleasant day maybe it wouldn't be so bad.  Meaning you'll be like the rest of us and weather dependent.

I can visit my mother in a care facility but only six feet away and outside.  I had to skip December because even in California it was too chilly and breezy for her on any of the days I could have gone.  

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

The next nice day will likely be about April....we haven’t had our minus 30 to 40 snap yet. 

• Sad 2

Listening to CNN this morning as I work.

Shocking - well - no one at FJ - There was NO PLAN by the Trump administration.  NONE.  Biden and company have to start from scratch.

At the Missouri Level - Parsons has activated the National Guard to set up 9 locations to administer up to 2500 doses/day.  (the locations tie to the 9 MHP divisions).  BUT - can we just note - there aren't vaccines in Mid-Missouri to actually give?  Or MU Health and Boone Hospital would actually be giving them.  Ditto with other surrounding counties. 

And we know from earlier in the week that they discovered that there was no stockpile of doses to send out by the Federal Government. 

Finally, I heard on CNBC (Squak Box) that NYC (I think - it was NY or NYC) is reporting ---- NO DOSES. 

I suppose I should just plan on semi-permanently working from home until, I don't know, September(?) - because it's going to take a long time to clear up the disaster that idiot left behind.

• Upvote 7

My daughter reports that she and her colleagues are scheduled for their first vaccinations this weekend.  This came out of the blue, so I’m guessing the availability of the doses is really random at this stage.  I imagine there may also be some competition going on behind the scenes.   She works at a college outside of the NYC area, and she is so looking forward to eventually getting back to in-person classes with students.  
(Skeptical me will believe it when I see it.  Hope the vaccines are really available.)

• Upvote 7

There was a bit of debate/concern/discussion on Squawk this AM about the DPA.  But one thing that was mentioned is that the Biden Administration would be more likely to find out what states needed, rather than OFM's talking/yelling at states via the media telling them to deal with it. 

• Upvote 6

Last night my headlines were that CA might not get 70% of over 65s (currently group 1b) vaccinated until June. I’m hoping that w/ a grown up in the White House the manufacturing and distribution pace will pick up. I am over 65 and the data is very clear that for those my age Covid-19 is a deadly disease since 80-85% of deaths are in those over age 65  https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-020-09826-8, thus I have been sheltering in place since mid March, some days it’s hard to not be discouraged.

For those interested in how the vaccine roll out is going CDC has a tracking tool, click on your state for the numbers of people who’ve been vaccinated per 100,000. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 4

Prioritizing the hardest hit areas would make  sense to me but i guess that's not where the party  donors are   

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 6

I just hope that with an adult in charge of the White House who understands that science is real, and not some "libural" conspiracy, more vaccines can be produced and distributed, so people who are under 65 in California don't have to wait until 2022 to get the vaccine. I've been home since March, and furloughed since the summer, and I have to admit it's hard at times not to get discouraged because the Covidiots have dragged this on longer than it needed. At least, the biggest Covidiot is out of office as of yesterday, so I have hope again.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I got a text this morning from my mom's eldercare facility (in Santa Clara County) that residents are scheduled to get the vaccine on Feb 1.

Also my tiny California county, which had halted vaccinations because we had the batch that had had a few allergic reactions, announced yesterday they have gotten resupplied and are back to vaccinating.

So, hopeful sounding that things are getting back in order?

• Upvote 7

From Iowa

Labor unions representing state workers have filed a complaint with the state Occupational Safety and Health Administration, arguing the lack of a mask mandate at the Iowa Capitol threatens the safety of everyone who enters the building.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Which means we also don't have an accurate positivity rate either.  (also they are considering/discussing doing rapid tests at the state capital after the house had to recess due to a covid outbreak)

• Upvote 3

I just love how happy Dr Fauci seems now that there's an adult in charge, who is willing to listen to him and other experts. I have hope that the pandemic can get under control enough for us to go back to work and other things we once took for granted.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2