IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

The president (sic) of the United States still won't listen to respected medical personnel or scientists. He prefers "miracle cures" suggested by the My Pillow guy and a crazy doctor who talks about demon sperm. In other words, Covid will keep rampaging through the U.S., upping our death toll, already over 170,000 Americans.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

THe Center for Public Integrity is publishing great information on the government response.  I just found this, which includes a link to the current report provided by the feds to the state governors, detailed info and graphs on each state's current Covid status.  

Most of the states in the "red" zone are Republican/Trump strongholds.  Those are the states revealing the weakness and ineffectiveness of the federal response.  Wouldn't you think Trump would be leaning on those governors to step up efforts to control and bring the entire US stats down?  

• Upvote 6

Meanwhile another metropolitan area in Iowa decided to stand up to #CovidKim.  Namely the capital.

Mayor Frank Cownie is mandating everyone in the city of Des Moines wear a mask in public when social distancing isn’t possible and telling businesses to turn away any customer not wearing a mask.

Cownie issued the proclamation via a press release posted online on Wednesday afternoon. The proclamation requires everyone to wear a mask or face shield when outside their home and unable to stay six-feet away from others. This includes inside businesses and public transportation. Businesses are also instructed to post signs requiring customers to wear masks and to turn away any customers who refuse.

Des Moines Police Chief Dana Wingert says that officers will be focused on handing out masks, not citations. Officers have 10,000 masks ready to distribute to anyone in need.

Des Moines joins four other Iowa cities that have issued mask mandates including Dubuque, Iowa City, Mount Vernon and Muscatine.

And yesterday one of my FB friends posted the cases he sent to the county supervisors to highlight why it's legal to stand up to #CovidKim.  Those cases are;

• City of Des Moines v. Gruen, 457 N.W. 2d 340 (Iowa 1990)
  • Bryan v. City of Des Moines, 261 N.W.2d 685 (Iowa 1978)

The way I read both cases they're saying that local governments have broad powers and only state statute can limit those.  He said other jurisdictions have used these cases so it'll be interesting to see what happens when #CovidKim goes running to the court for help.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 7

Fuck you Donald. Cause of your fucked us response we couldn’t have a fucking state fair this year. 

3D342892-55F7-486C-A462-167ED3C40F19.jpeg.4b2b77382b87661c862f28c96708cb16.jpeg

I fucking hate you Donald. If for no other reason this. 

• Upvote 6

In his RNC speech last night, Pence indulged in performative ball washing with a hagiography of Trump's heroic response to the pandemic and in general, what a fabulous guy Trump is.  SRSLY, Fuck That Guy.  

So...Pence has survived. He hasn't been replaced on the Republican ticket by VP wannbe Nikki Haley, who of course sold her soul to spout progressively more right wing, Trump adulating nonsense.  

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 4

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

In his RNC speech last night, Pence indulged in performative ball washing with a hagiography of Trump's heroic response to the pandemic and in general, what a fabulous guy Trump is.  SRSLY, Fuck That Guy.  

So...Pence has survived. He hasn't been replaced on the Republican ticket by VP wannbe Nikki Haley, who of course sold her soul to spout progressively more right wing, Trump adulating nonsense.  

Gave you an upvote for “performative ball washing,” that made me LOL. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, Becky said:

So the CDC is now saying don't bother to get tested if you've been exposed.  Apparently in response to pressure from higher-ups.  Does Trump not understand that if you test MORE, your positivity rates probably go DOWN?  

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-reverses-covid-19-guidance-says-testing-may-not-be-n1238013

Of the many institutions that Trump has decimated and which have had decades of worldwide respect absolutely shredded the CDC really does make me sad. They should have been so much better than this.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Can't trust the #CovidKim Iowa government to do anything right

An analysis by the Telegraph Herald shows that 22% of new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Dubuque County were not factored into the 14-day positivity rate on Thursday.

The 14-day period that ended Wednesday night marked the first two-week stretch in which the newspaper checked the state’s coronavirus figures consistently at midnight. It disproved claims by state officials that the TH’s county-specific positivity rate calculations — which remain consistently higher than those released by the state — were being skewed by the times at which the newspaper checked the state’s totals.

At 12:01 a.m. Aug. 13, the state reported a total of 21,163 COVID-19 tests in Dubuque County and 1,722 positive cases. Through the end of the day Wednesday, there were 2,248 new tests and 213 new cases in the county, resulting in a positivity rate of 9.5%.

However, an examination of the state’s website shows that only 167 of these new cases were assigned to specific days in the 14-day period. Thus, 46 of the 213 — or about 22% of new positives — were not factored into the state’s calculation of the county’s rate. These figures led to a lower state-reported positivity rate of 7.1%.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 2

Now Polk County chickened out of standing up to #CovidKim

Polk County leaders said they are unable to enact public health safety measures to slow the spread of coronavirus, like a mask mandate, because Gov. Kim Reynolds has prevented them from doing so.

In a news release Friday, the Polk County board of supervisors said they issued a letter to the governor to encourage a statewide mask mandate and requested the ability to do so on a local level.

“Ultimately the governor of Iowa has eliminated the ability of local governments to enact common sense practices that will protect our most vulnerable residents. Until a vaccine is approved and becomes widely available, masks are one of the only tools that we have to help contain local outbreaks and the uncontrolled community spread that we are experiencing right now. It is both unfortunate and discouraging that we are unable to adopt a mask mandate at this time,” Polk County Supervisor Matt McCoy said.

County officials said the county continues to experience record increases in COVID-19 cases.

Fuck.  An attorney friend of mine pointed out two court cases that say that under home rule the county does have the authority to mandate masks but the board is too afraid of what those mean Republicans would say about them.   

• Upvote 4

#CovidKim has more excuses as to why Iowa can’t get its shit straight 

Pat Garrett, the spokesperson for the Governor’s Office, pointed to two primary reasons for this. First, he noted the state’s website publishes tests and cases based on the date the test was performed. KCRG-TV9 and other media outlets report and track cases by when the state reports them. That means a case reported today may show up on the state’s website days or even weeks in the past. That will consistently cause the state website to display fewer tests and cases for the most recent days, which will then be updated as test results get reported.

Garrett emphasized no one is trying to hide anything but argued the state’s method is the most accurate historically to track the virus and is the one state epidemiologists are focused on.

Garrett said that delay is exacerbated by reporting delays from private labs in reporting cases. In some cases, private labs are taking 8-12 days after a test to get the result to Iowa officials. Garrett says tests done by the state at the State Hygienic Lab at the University of Iowa are very quickly uploaded into the state’s reporting system, often within 24 hours of the test. Private labs, however, some of which are out of state, take longer to report cases to the Iowa Department of Public Health.

Instead of fucking around with the numbers Kimmy why don’t you try stop trying to impress Fuck Face and do your fucking job already. 

• Upvote 5

Fuckoptomus von Clownstick und #BunkerBitch is pushing on the Big Ten to have football this fall.

President Donald Trump hasn’t stopped pushing for the Big Ten to play football as soon as possible.

Trump said Tuesday that he had talked with Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren about the conference. Trump’s conversation with the commissioner comes after discussions among those in the Big Ten about the possibility of the conference starting its postponed football season in November.

Just last week, Trump said that the Big Ten and “all other football” should be back “now.” The Big Ten is one of four conferences at the top level of college football not playing football this fall and confirmed early Tuesday afternoon that the conversation had taken place.

“The Big Ten Conference and its Return to Competition Task Force, on behalf of the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors are exhausting every resource to help student-athletes get back to playing the sports they love at the appropriate time in the safest and healthiest way possible,” the statement said.

I'm going to miss the Iowa Hawkeyes this season along with all the other teams.  There is nothing on God's green earth like a bright, clear, cool October Saturday with the maternal unit's chili and a Hawkeye game on the TV.

That all said I hope the Big Ten sticks to its guns and tells fuck face to well, go fuck himself.  If fuck face had done his fucking job they would not have needed to cancel fall sports cause we'd be past the hump by now.  It probably wouldn't have looked the same as normal but we could have had some people in the stands.  But nope.  He had to fuck everything up.  So fuck his feelings and fuck the branch trumpvidians feelings about the fall football season getting cancelled. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Because of #CovidKim cooking the books there are serious issues with trusting Federal designations. 

Dubuque City Council Member Ric Jones said the persistent errors in Iowa data make it hard to put stock in the federal “red zone” designations, which are based on state-provided figures.

“They are making this determination using data that has pretty much been proven to be unreliable,” Jones said. “So I take it with a grain of salt.”

Jones said the frequent problems with Iowa’s COVID-19 data have made it harder to for him and other elected officials to plot a path forward during the pandemic.

“This is a life-and-death issue, and the hardest thing is not having reliable data that tells us where we are, where we have been and where we are going,” Jones said.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

As a native Texan, I know exactly how embarrassing it is to have one of your elected officials spout things that make you want to hide under the bed. Here's a hug for the sane Iowans. :group-hug:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

As a native Texan, I know exactly how embarrassing it is to have one of your elected officials spout things that make you want to hide under the bed. Here's a hug for the sane Iowans. :group-hug:

As I’ve said I want to move out of Iowa. Joni is a fucking embarrassment as is #CovidKKKim. Neither give two shits about us.

Meanwhile another large Iowa metro is standing up to #CovidKKKim. 

Cedar Rapids Mayor Brad Hart signed an emergency proclamation on Wednesday mandating face coverings in public places when social distancing can't be maintained.

“For several months, I have been encouraging, even begging, for the voluntary use of masks by all residents in public in order to protect our residents and get us back to our normal lives more quickly. Unfortunately, we have continued to see an increase of cases throughout Iowa, making a mask mandate more critical than ever to slow the spread in our community.”

Mayor Brad Hart

• Upvote 4

The Cedar Rapids Gazette called out #CovidKim and the other fuck nuggets in this state for the <sarcasm>bang up job</sarcasm> they're doing.

First goes to Gov. Kim Reynolds, who has led with metrics and data. By which I mean, a manipulation of and complete denial of metrics and data.

The University of Iowa, led by Bruce Harreld, is forcing the school to meet in person with no testing plan and bars as wide open as a derecho-ruined cornfield. Harreld, who only recently returned to Iowa from his second home, has refused to do literally anything to ensure a mass testing protocol or to enforce mask wearing or social distancing. But he did send some stern emails to students and criticized small-business owners. Sure, thanks, buddy. That ought to do it. You can’t blame him though, he’s a businessman, and they’re used to sacrificing people for profit.

At this point, a stalk of corn could run the state or our universities better. The corn might not do anything, but at least it wouldn’t be a waste of oxygen.

But we are here, and who could have predicted this except absolutely every epidemiologist in the state, who have been sounding the warning since Reynolds lifted restrictions in May.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

And #CovidKristi is trying to outdo #CovidKim 

South Dakota is one of the nation's hot spots for COVID-19 infections. That didn't stop another large-scale event from kicking off Thursday.

The rural South Dakota State Fair, which reported an attendance of 205,000 people last year, is set to run through Labor Day with more hand-washing stations, social distancing reminders and an encouragement — but not a requirement — for attendees to wear masks. It comes on the heels of the state's two largest events: The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and the The Sioux Empire Fair.

In the weeks following those events, South Dakota has emerged as a virus hotbed, according to data analysis. State and national health experts say the rise in cases is likely fueled by a combination of factors, including school reopenings, small gatherings and major events.

Those larger events have been made possible by South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's steadfast resistance to restrictive measures aimed at slowing the spread of the virus. She has discouraged schools from requiring masks, instead promoting hand-washing as the best way to prevent infections, and railed against an "elite class of so-called experts" whose opinions impact individuals' liberties. 

Wait for it. Kimmy will probably try some dumb shit now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

railed against an "elite class of so-called experts" whose opinions impact individuals' liberties. 

As opposed to an elite class of scientific dumbfucks who somehow got elected. 

If this nightmare ever ends I really hope people take another look at individual liberty vs community responsibility. You can have all the individual liberty you want but unless you are pretty damn rich you're depending on community resources like ICU to save your life in the event of an emergency. You depend on the community of healthcare workers and their expert knowledge.

Seriously if this idiot governor gets sick I hope they bring in the cleaner to intubate her - I mean she wouldn't want "so-called experts" involved in her care, would she?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Those larger events have been made possible by South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's steadfast resistance to restrictive measures aimed at slowing the spread of the virus. She has discouraged schools from requiring masks, instead promoting hand-washing as the best way to prevent infections, and railed against an "elite class of so-called experts" whose opinions impact individuals' liberties. 

If you ask me, I think she's setting herself up to run for president in 2024.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

If you ask me, I think she's setting herself up to run for president in 2024.

The COVID sisters Kimmy and Kristi probably are angling for cabinet posts or being named ambassadors like former Iowa Governor Brainfart was. 

• Upvote 3

Dubuque thinks their mandate is helping 

Nearly one month after a citywide mask mandate took effect, Dubuque leaders and local public health officials said they believe they are seeing signs of its effectiveness.

City Council members approved the mandate in early August in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and it took effect on Aug. 8. It requires that everyone in the city 3 years of age and older must wear a face covering in indoor public settings and in outdoor settings when maintaining 6 feet of social distance is not possible, with limited exceptions.

Dubuque police have not issued a single citation, and city officials believe they have seen signs of progress.

“I really feel that it is working,” said Mayor Roy Buol. “I’ve noticed a marked increase in the number of people who are wearing masks, and I think there are a lot of people in the community who are comfortable going out to a store or being out in public for the first time in a while.”

Of course it would be more effective if #CovidKimmy actually did her fucking job and issued a statewide one. 

• Upvote 7

The city of Cedar Falls is the latest one to tell #CovidKim to fornicate off

Cedar Falls approved a mask mandate Tuesday, joining with other Iowa cities that have taken similar moves as the state continues to see high numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases.

Cedar Falls joins Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Dubuque, Iowa City, Mount Vernon, Muscatine and Waterloo in enacting mask requirements. Enforcement of the rules vary but are primarily focused on education, with police in some communities instructed to hand out masks to those not wearing them.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds has declined to approve a statewide mask order because she said it would be impossible to enforce. Reynolds has told local jurisdictions that because she hasn't issued an order, they don't have the authority to enforce their mask mandates.

In Cedar Falls, the mask rule takes effect immediately and will last for six weeks. It requires masks for people older than 5 while in indoor public places, including businesses, and outdoors when it's not possible to maintain a distance of 6 feet.

I was in Cedar Falls a few months back and the people there were generally better about wearing masks than Dubuque was before the mandates. 

• Upvote 5

#CovidKristi is trying to out stupid #CovidKim again. 

As we reported earlier this week, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally that was held the first week of August in South Dakota has now been dubbed a “superspreader event”, with over 267,000 infected across the country, accounting for 20% of all new COVID-19 cases in America. Costs to treat the patients affected by the outbreak will exceed over $12.2 billion.

But don’t tell that to South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem, who apparently has chosen to serve out her term with her head in the sand. Not only did Noem deny the new study regarding Sturgis, but she also dismissed it as ‘fiction‘:

Now Noem is blatantly redirecting her state’s COVID-19 relief funds for tourism ads.

Noem spent $5 million on one tourism ad and has plans to redirect all $400 million of the remaining funds to continue to promote visitation to her state. Noem also received criticism after she invited the Trump campaign to hold a July 4th event at Mount Rushmore, where attendees were not required to wear masks or observe any social distancing protocols if they did not wish to.

Yeah not going to visit there again anytime soon. 

Waiting for our own Killer Kim to try to outdo Kristi again. 

• Upvote 4