IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

Also Josh Hawley:

Hawley also emphasized the importance of religious engagement in government. Hawley admitted that Christians may often become discouraged because of the “messiness” in politics, but said that Christians don’t have the option to disengage from politics.

“As Christians, we should call on government to perform its Biblical role,” Hawley said. “Our mentality in politics should be … ‘Until Jesus runs this planet.’”

Hawley thus advocated for active political involvement through a religious paradigm. He argued that since voters hold the ultimate power in democracy, believers have a moral and ethical obligation to vote for candidates and policies that uphold Biblical principles.

“We’ll one day have to give an account to God on how we used our vote,” Hawley said.

"They were blue state residents, so I thought Jesus' teachings about how to treat others didn't apply to them." :roll:

• WTF 8

And here's a link to the PDF of the letter that Iowa State Auditor Rob Sand sent regarding CARES Act funding.  So we could be on the hook for #CovidKim's malfeasance.

That this expenditure does not meet the first requirement means that there is no need to address whether it meets the other two requirements. Spending $21M on Workday is not an appropriate use of CRF funds. If the Governor does not redeploy these dollars to a lawful use, they will have to be repaid to the federal government. That will result in a $21M loss for Iowa taxpayer.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:14 PM, Cartmann99 said:

She's not currently running for reelection, so why is she selling Team Noem merchandise?

*Smacks head* She's branding for a presidential run in 2024. 

Going to jump out on the ol well worn limb here and guess that she'll see what #CovidKim did with the CARES Act funding and decide it's time for her own shenanigans with any funding South Dakota received.

• Upvote 2

Well Mr. Sand had this to say about any lock her up chants 

10AD210B-FC61-43F2-99EE-2F2A57920A89.thumb.jpeg.aa2586c0eabe0b74bc29fe3c09067b6e.jpeg

I told him that if it turns out Gov. Reynolds committed crimes than my expectation is that she will be called to account in a court of law. And if incarceration is called for then that’s what needs to happen. I sure as fuck hope no Democrat in Iowa running for Governor is planning some magnanimous reach across the aisle bullshit by pardoning her. Our country wouldn’t be so fucked up right now if we held elected officials actually accountable. 

• Upvote 4

#CovidKim is doubling down on her giveaway of pandemic relief funds to Workday

Gov. Kim Reynolds says her administration will try to convince federal auditors to allow its plan to spend $21 million in coronavirus relief funds on a long-planned information technology system.

Reynolds said that the state believes spending federal virus aid to purchase and implement a new accounting and human resources system for the executive branch is “an allowable expense.”

She said that if auditors disagree, the state will change course.

• WTF 1

I'll also point out that Jefferson City/Cole County has been an area of no masking mandate on top of all this. 

Moron.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

#CovidKim is being blatant about it now. 

Iowa plans to use millions of dollars in federal pandemic funds on a long-term plan to improve data management across state agencies, a second information technology project that may not fit the purpose of the aid. 

State and federal auditors this week told Iowa’s executive branch to return millions of dollars to the state’s $1.25 billion coronavirus relief fund that were spent on new accounting and human resources software.

Ugh. 

• Upvote 4

I hope this is the case that #CovidKim drags the party down. 

As Iowa set a record for patients hospitalized with Covid-19, Gov. Kim Reynolds appeared at an indoor fund-raiser for the Republican Party this week, just days after joining President Trump at one of his huge rallies in Des Moines, where she tossed hats to the clamorous crowd.

At neither event were social distancing or face masks high priorities. The rally last week defied guidelines by the White House’s own health experts that crowds in central Iowa be limited to 25.

Iowa’s governor is not on the ballot next month. But her defiant attitude toward the advice of health experts on how to fight the coronavirus outbreak, as her state sees a grim tide of new cases and deaths, may be dragging down fellow Republicans who are running, including Mr. Trump and Senator Joni Ernst.

Ms. Reynolds, the first woman to lead Iowa, is an avatar of the president’s approach to the pandemic, refusing to issue mandates and flouting the guidance of infectious disease experts, who say that universal masking and social distancing are essential to limiting the virus’s spread. Defying that advice has eroded support for both Mr. Trump and Ms. Reynolds in Iowa, especially among voters over 65, normally a solid Republican constituency, according to public and private polls.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

US state covid cases since June by state partisanship.

What I found really fascinating was North and South Dakota - was that from Sturgis? I haven't heard much from there since the first cases from that.

Well I'm shocked all red states are in the yop spots. */sarcasm

Sturgis is to blame for spreading COVID. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/

• Upvote 3

I’m seeing reports if 4 members of Pence’s staff tested positive.  And apparently a doc has said, hey it’s okay if Pence carries on. (No quarantine)

• Upvote 4

On 10/24/2020 at 7:25 AM, WiseGirl said:

Well I'm shocked all red states are in the yop spots. */sarcasm

Sturgis is to blame for spreading COVID. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/17/sturgis-rally-spread/

I looked at the total number of cases chart and Iowa's most recent number indicates that a higher number of cases were reported than in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Missouri.  Each of those states has a higher population than Iowa at 3.15 million.  Illinois has about 12.6 million, Wisconsin 5.82 million, Minnesota about 5.6 million, and Missouri has 6.1 million people.  Nebraska is the only state with a smaller population that has a lower number of total cases - they have about 1.9 million.

Good job fixing it #CovidKim - you could have come out looking quite good if you had taken the fucking thing seriously and not kissed fuck face's ass and ignored the problem.  If you had broken with him when it became obvious he was totally mismanaging this thing we would not have it zooming out of control now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

I’m seeing reports if 4 members of Pence’s staff tested positive.  And apparently a doc has said, hey it’s okay if Pence carries on. (No quarantine)

That does not sound like a pro-life move to me, Holy roller Mike.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That does not sound like a pro-life move to me, Holy roller Mike.

It was never about pro-life. It is about controlling the evil women and using the prolifers to keep 45 in power. This administration simply doesn't care, all they want is to profit from 45's presidency, it was never about actually governing. It's that simple and to me the only way to make sense of their decisions.

According to Heather Cox Richardsons Letters from an American October 25 the administration no longer wants to control the pandemic. Let that sink in. I cannot express how disgusted I am and I worry about the weeks to come.

Today, Meadows told CNN’s Jake Tapper that the administration was “not going to control the pandemic.” Instead, "What we need to do is make sure that we have the proper mitigation factors, whether it's therapies or vaccines or treatments to make sure that people don't die from this."

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

From right leaning Drudge of all places - the headlines this morning.  (oh and the Pence count is now 5)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dbabd5b86d4dd3b87bb29adb669bfdc9.png

• Thank You 2

The Cedar Rapids Gazette called out #CovidKim

By the middle of this week, more than 600 Iowans were hospitalized with COVID-19, a record that breaks almost daily as more and more Iowans get sick.

More than 1,600 Iowans have died of the virus, including 33 more reported on Wednesday and Thursday. Cases and deaths are climbing steadily as the pandemic continues its uncontrolled spread across Iowa.

The lack of leadership shown by Gov. Kim Reynolds in recent weeks — going weeks without televised news conferences and not detailing plans of how we’ll fight the virus amid the challenges of an Iowa winter — is profoundly disturbing. Protecting the health and safety of all Iowans should be the highest priority.

Reynolds repeatedly rejects the notion of ordering any large-scale public health measures to slow the statewide spread. She’s rejected a face covering mandate, for example, while allowing large gatherings. Testing rates still remain far too low to control the virus and too few contract tracers are on the job to track cases. She’s rejected the recommendations of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, which has been sounding the alarm for months about Iowa’s deteriorating situation.

• Upvote 7

I suppose fuck nugget and his loyal lap dogs squatting in governors offices will be going on about this now

Five of the six states with the nation’s lowest unemployment rates are in the Midwest, have Republican governors and have almost no restrictions intended to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

The governors say their decisions not to impose harsher restrictions are paying off with fewer business closures and more hiring reflected in the strong jobless numbers. But economists say it’s not so simple. Although businesses that are struggling during the pandemic can benefit when governors opt not to require masks or limit in-door gatherings, other factors may play an even bigger role in producing such low unemployment rates.

And those same rules that could initially help the states’ economies also are blamed for their leading the nation in coronavirus infection rates, raising questions about whether their hands-off approach is sustainable. North Dakota and South Dakota have the most cases per capita in the U.S., and Nebraska and Iowa aren’t far behind.

#CovidKim will probably be spouting some bullshit based off this article.

• Upvote 3

Iowa needs to act now

White House Coronavirus Task Force officials used urgent wording in guidance issued to state officials in Iowa as the spread of the virus continues to worsen, according to a new weekly report.

The document, which was released to all 50 states on Sunday, November 1, and obtained by ABC News, painted a bleak picture as key metrics such as newly-detected cases, test positivity rate, and the number of tests conducted continued to trend in the wrong direction during the week of October 24 to October 31.

The task force specifically asked state officials to issue clear messages to Iowans, including no contact without a mask with anybody who does not live in your household, 100% mask usage in public places, and no gatherings beyond the people in your own house until test positivity and case rates decrease.

The rate of new cases places Iowa in the “red zone," according to the task force, which indicates a rate of new cases of at least 101 per 100,000 population during the week. Iowa’s rate was the sixth-highest in the country at 380 new cases per 100,000 population, showing an increase of 126 from the previous week’s rate. The national average was 165 per 100,000.

Course #CovidKim is too busy celebrating her pal Joni getting another term and Hinson being the GOP drone for IA-1 to give two fucks about the pandemic. 

• Sad 3
  • WTF 1

Numbers are up in my state so our governor has rolled back to phase 2.1 of reopening.  We are still distance learning and I wish the district would help out the parents and say we won't consider hybrid until after January 1st. Let parents plan instead of leaving them hanging.

It's more important than ever to support local businesses. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My trip to Greece was a casualty of the pandemic.  If the trip had gone on as scheduled I would have left tomorrow morning and arrived in Greece on the 12th, then come back to the US on the 20th. 

Sooooooo, FUCK YOU Donald Trump and Kim Reynolds.  If it hadn't been for your fucked up response to the pandemic we might have been at the point where we could have had overseas travel again and I could be leaving for Greece tomorrow.  I will never forgive you fuck sticks for everything taken away from me this year - my law school graduation, party, trips, and so on.  And their supporters might want to check the temperature in fucking HELL before they even think of asking me to forgive them.

• Sad 3
  • Love 3

Another Iowa town is stepping up to the goddamn plate in the absence of #CovidKim doing anything. 

Guttenberg City Council members on Monday night unanimously passed a mask mandate in an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19.  

The mandate requires masks inside businesses, in public spaces, or outdoors when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. The order will remain until the council votes on easing restrictions at a later date.

"The mandate is asking businesses to require masks in businesses and for employees to wear masks, for no other reason than to show support for the medical professionals in our community that are doing the best they can with local community hospitals being full," said Council Member Jane Parker.

Guttenberg is the second Iowa city in the Telegraph Herald coverage area to issue a mask mandate after Dubuque.

Awaiting the reich wing freak out. 
popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Another Iowa town is stepping up to the goddamn plate in the absence of #CovidKim doing anything. 

Awaiting the reich wing freak out. 
popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

@47of74, will you please keep us updated on how this shakes out in Guttenberg? I'm curious if City Council members are getting death threats and such for taking this action. Thanks!

• I Agree 2