IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

You guys! Alyssa’s dog has been ill with...can you guess? 

A bad gut. The poor little guy has colitis and now they are on a journey to “heal his little gut.”  She also recommends a holistic animal hospital. This is all on her public (for now) Instagram page, in the stories. 

I am in no way making light of a sick pet. It is extremely upsetting when a pet is ill. It is just so interesting to me that even her dog has gut issues when that is all we see Lori and Alyssa write about. I wonder how many of the little kids in that family have a “bad gut.” A year ago, Alyssa’s husband was also on a journey to good gut health. 

Bad guts and feminism...the two forces that are destroying our world. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, louisa05 said:

@Sarah92 My eyes are rolling out of my head at their comment contest to see who homeschools the least. If I weren’t blocked, I’d be commenting “Congratulations! You are teaching your children almost nothing!”   
Teaching requires far more than getting some assignments done as fast as possible.  And, no, the entire school day is not transitions, breaks and behavior management. In my current long term HS job, roughly 75 minutes of every 85 minute block is academically focused. That is down because cleaning and dealing with Zoom takes away some. Kids have four blocks each day. 

Seriously, while I’m all for shorter school days and less homework this “get school done in 2 hours or less” nonsense is going to hurt kids I think. I actually like the idea of block classes because I enjoyed it much more in college. It gave me some relief from the same old thing everyday. Anyways, I wonder how many of these “homeschooled” kids are actually learning or if they’re just rushing through material or reading the Bible for an hour of it? 

I still remember working as a librarian at my college while getting my Master’s and an undergrad freshman walking in saying he wrote his first paper. Of the year? Nope! Ever. First paper ever. I felt terrible for him. It was a Christian school with a focus on academics. Paper writing was practically all you did. By the time I graduated my senior year of high school we were writing 20 page research papers. 

Most teachers work so hard for their students it’s amazing. Working with kids has given me the privilege of meeting a good number of teachers and you can tell how much they care about their kids. A lot of the parents I work with are really struggling with that role of teacher because they simply can’t provide the same classroom structure that many kids need. And it’s not the parents fault. 

• Upvote 8

There are so many things that bother me about Lori but the "one size fits all" approach to child rearing gets me.  She believes all babies are born neurotypical.  My son has severe ADHD, it has been no picnic.  Had she been his kindergarten teacher, she would have hated him and hated me and my husband.  We would have been everything that was wrong in the world with today’s parenting and she’d still be talking about him all these years later.  Nothing a little plumbing line or a switch no bigger than my thumb couldn’t have solved, I’m sure.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

I'm late late to the game these days, I had to take a Lori hiaitus. I found these gems under the adultery post.  And reading back in this thread & others, It's been speculated that maybe @Ken stepped out or at least entertained the notion.  

But what if it was her? She had repeatedly said how unhappy she was & her photos show a very pretty woman in her youth.  She admitted to slapping him at least the once.... 

He is awfully defensive.  And some couples have that policy:  If you've done something awful, just don't ever let me find out. Stop doing it & never tell me.  

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200912-003805_Facebook.thumb.jpg.eabf5f6b565fc32b2adf6fb314c4ec2c.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200912-003813_Facebook.thumb.jpg.37cffa26f17db4a8ab96c9d9a1d4a366.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200912-003818_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2f0de4d8a81280b19ea350f26ae17975.jpg

Edited by Imrlgoddess
riffles
  • Upvote 6

Idk I just can’t picture her cheating. She’s so rigid. But then again maybe that stems from her past before she was “transformed” . Maybe she did cheat and told Ken and it’s maybe them agree not to talk about it as white upper middle class couples tend to do. I do believe that they’re hiding a lot of shit though. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Idk I just can’t picture her cheating. She’s so rigid. But then again maybe that stems from her past before she was “transformed” . Maybe she did cheat and told Ken and it’s maybe them agree not to talk about it as white upper middle class couples tend to do. I do believe that they’re hiding a lot of shit though. 

I never thought he cheated but I’m started to belive otherwise. She might have been faithful but not Kenny boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

There are so many things that bother me about Lori but the "one size fits all" approach to child rearing gets me.  She believes all babies are born neurotypical.  My son has severe ADHD, it has been no picnic.  Had she been his kindergarten teacher, she would have hated him and hated me and my husband.  We would have been everything that was wrong in the world with today’s parenting and she’d still be talking about him all these years later.  Nothing a little plumbing line or a switch no bigger than my thumb couldn’t have solved, I’m sure.

I worked with a guy who’s son had ADHD. His son is now grown, 25 I think. When he was a kid they medicated him and it made him a zombie. So the guy I worked with took his son off of the medication and paddles him every time he got into trouble at school. He felt paddling him was better than him being a zombie. 

• Angry 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I worked with a guy who’s son had ADHD. His son is now grown, 25 I think. When he was a kid they medicated him and it made him a zombie. So the guy I worked with took his son off of the medication and paddles him every time he got into trouble at school. He felt paddling him was better than him being a zombie. 

I’m fucking appalled. If this happened to one of my therapy kiddos I’d be so upset. Heck I’m still upset. Does he think his son just wanted to be like that??? It’s literally a biological issue that takes time to treat. And frankly, it’s disgusting that he went straight to paddling instead of implementing therapeutic structures in the home. And if the kid is a zombie, chances are it might not have been the right medication or that they need a different dose. Therapy and an IEP at school would have been far better. Additionally, from the little bit of research I just did by the time his kid was of appropriate medication age they already had out several of the most common ADHD meds still used today. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 9/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, louisa05 said:

@Sarah92 My eyes are rolling out of my head at their comment contest to see who homeschools the least. If I weren’t blocked, I’d be commenting “Congratulations! You are teaching your children almost nothing!”   
Teaching requires far more than getting some assignments done as fast as possible.  And, no, the entire school day is not transitions, breaks and behavior management. In my current long term HS job, roughly 75 minutes of every 85 minute block is academically focused. That is down because cleaning and dealing with Zoom takes away some. Kids have four blocks each day. 

They are so fucking dismissive of teaching and teachers in their attitude! And than thinking that with the non assed approach to "homeschooling" they did is so much superior to public school? They set their kids up to failure and when they fail, it's the devil, but never their fault. Education is more than being able to read the bible and doing basic math and in our modern world you need more than that.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, usmcmom said:

You guys! Alyssa’s dog has been ill with...can you guess? 

A bad gut. The poor little guy has colitis and now they are on a journey to “heal his little gut.”  She also recommends a holistic animal hospital. This is all on her public (for now) Instagram page, in the stories. 

I am in no way making light of a sick pet. It is extremely upsetting when a pet is ill. It is just so interesting to me that even her dog has gut issues when that is all we see Lori and Alyssa write about. I wonder how many of the little kids in that family have a “bad gut.” A year ago, Alyssa’s husband was also on a journey to good gut health. 

Bad guts and feminism...the two forces that are destroying our world. 

My very first thought of bad gut health in a dog is a parasite infection and I mean real parasites not Lori's fantasy parasites. And before I get my dogdie on some woo shit I would get him a proper dewormer and a giardia testing at his vet. Esp when I have a toddler at home, that can easily get said possible parasites from the dog.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

They are so fucking dismissive of teaching and teachers in their attitude! And than thinking that with the non assed approach to "homeschooling" they did is so much superior to public school? They set their kids up to failure and when they fail, it's the devil, but never their fault. Education is more than being able to read the bible and doing basic math and in our modern world you need more than that.

My very first thought of bad gut health in a dog is a parasite infection and I mean real parasites not Lori's fantasy parasites. And before I get my dogdie on some woo shit I would get him a proper dewormer and a giardia testing at his vet. Esp when I have a toddler at home, that can easily get said possible parasites from the dog.

The dog could have gotten into something to make it sick. When I was a kid one of our dogs was so sick. It was coming out both ends for about a week. My mom thought she was going to have to put the dog down until she found out my younger brother had been sneaking ice cream and leaving the bowl in his closet and the dog was licking it clean. 
if she tries and treats it herself she can also make the dog sicker than it already is. 

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I’m fucking appalled. If this happened to one of my therapy kiddos I’d be so upset. Heck I’m still upset. Does he think his son just wanted to be like that??? It’s literally a biological issue that takes time to treat. And frankly, it’s disgusting that he went straight to paddling instead of implementing therapeutic structures in the home. And if the kid is a zombie, chances are it might not have been the right medication or that they need a different dose. Therapy and an IEP at school would have been far better. Additionally, from the little bit of research I just did by the time his kid was of appropriate medication age they already had out several of the most common ADHD meds still used today. 

Even today, there’s an FB meme that says “I had ADHD as a kid, too, but I healed real quick when Dad took his belt off.”(When someone pointed out that this insults those who actually have ADHD, the response was “Doesn’t exist.  The pill-rollers invented it.”)

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 4
  • Angry 5
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

Even today, there’s an FB meme that says “I had ADHD as a kid, too, but I healed real quick when Dad took his belt off.”(When someone pointed out that this insults those who actually have ADHD, the response was “Doesn’t exist.  The pill-rollers invented it.”)

As a therapist who’s family has it and is looking to get tested for it myself (once I actually have time for my own therapist as to not self diagnose) it absolutely does exist. I don’t doubt that it probably contributed to my brother’s alcoholism as he self medicated. Lord’s sake it’s not like people want to get lost in time, forget important things, feel completely unmotivated to the point where you struggle to complete your work. And it’s not like the pills actually make people particularly happy or anything. Stimulants tend to have the opposite effect on people with ADHD. It calms them down. Hence people who can’t readily access pills have on occasion given their kids caffeine. Adults learn to cope with it best they can but I can guarantee they still experience some symptoms but it doesn’t fall under the normal “hyperactive” that we picture. Try impulsive spending, relationships impacted by lack of attentiveness, emotional dysregulation or a quick temper. Sorry the topic gets my blood boiling. Lack of treatment can impact brilliant people and turn them to self medicating or hurt their livelihoods.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

Diagnosed ADHD as a 30-something adult...after 2 of my kids were diagnosed with it. Yeah, I learned plenty of coping mechanisms, most of them unhealthy. Just imagine how it could have been if I'd been diagnosed and treated properly as a kid! I'm the typical ADHD type...intelligent, creative, hyperfocused, train of thought derails as I talk. I'm also on the spectrum...narrow range of interests, shitty social skills, will quietly self-stim. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

ok, show of hands.. who is sick of Lori's John MacArthur fangirl worship? I'm a Christian but i find him to be an insufferable blowhard. 

Me! ?️ I honestly don't know much about him, but all this crap about him challenging the state on gathering in church and NOT wearing masks is enough for me to consider him a first class jerk.

Of course Lori loves him. She adores insufferable blowhards.  See Shaun Steele, Ben Holt, Adam Walker, Dale Partridge, Vaughn Ohlman... the list goes on. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

Of course Lori loves him. She adores insufferable blowhards.  See Shaun Steele, Ben Holt, Adam Walker, Dale Partridge, Vaughn Ohlman... the list goes on. :my_dodgy:

Can we add her hubby, Ken to that list?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I wouldn't go so far as to say Lori loves Ken.

Loves the big house, money, nanny, housekeeper, and cushy life he provides -- Oh yeah x 100. 

But Kenny boy his ownself -- I think not.

Not now. Not ever.  She admits she didn't love him when they got married.

She rails on and on and on that love is not a feeling but merely a commitment with no feels at all. A duty if you will. 

Lori is very clearly telling us how she feels about Ken..

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Can we add her hubby, Ken to that list?

See below. :pb_lol:  (She covers it far more succinctly than I could!)

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Loves the big house, money, nanny, housekeeper, and cushy life he provides -- Oh yeah x 100. 

She rails on and on and on that love is not a feeling but merely a commitment with no feels at all. A duty if you will. 

• Upvote 4

I really don’t understand her thoughts on ‘Biblical love’ why would you want to marry and raise children with someone you didn’t even like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 9

8 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

ok, show of hands.. who is sick of Lori's John MacArthur fangirl worship? I'm a Christian but i find him to be an insufferable blowhard. 

He’s a name I heard thrown around a lot having gone to a seminary. When I looked him up and found out that not only was he a raging misogynist but against psychology he was a big nope for me. There are other more respectable preachers out there. 

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

He’s a name I heard thrown around a lot having gone to a seminary. When I looked him up and found out that not only was he a raging misogynist but against psychology he was a big nope for me. There are other more respectable preachers out there. 

she loves him because he puts women down and told Beth Moore to "go home"

• Upvote 8

On 9/14/2020 at 1:02 AM, feministxtian said:

Diagnosed ADHD as a 30-something adult...after 2 of my kids were diagnosed with it. Yeah, I learned plenty of coping mechanisms, most of them unhealthy. Just imagine how it could have been if I'd been diagnosed and treated properly as a kid! I'm the typical ADHD type...intelligent, creative, hyperfocused, train of thought derails as I talk. I'm also on the spectrum...narrow range of interests, shitty social skills, will quietly self-stim. 

That sounds exactly like me! If I ever get health insurance again (please vote, people!) I'm going to look into getting diagnosed, because right now I'm being treated for depression but I'm starting to think it's maybe actually undiagnosed ADHD. I think these days I'd have been diagnosed as a kid - my mom frequently mentions how she had to practically sit on me to get me to practice piano because I was up-down-up-down-up-down, I could get lost in a book for hours upon hours but it'd take me ages to do the simplest homework sometimes, etc. 

I think people who believe it's not real must have never had to actually deal with a child who had it, especially one who has, finally, found the right medication. My friend's daughter has fairly severe ADHD. She was kicked out of several daycares and spent the first half of kindergarten being sent to the principal's office constantly before it was diagnosed. Now, you can literally SEE the medication working. She's all over the place in the morning, but then she takes her meds, and you can see the frantic mania falling away. She's definitely not a zombie, but she's able to actually focus and pay attention and enjoy things for more than 2 minutes. It's a relief for her to be actually able to follow directions and do things properly. And then in the late afternoon as the meds fade, her volume goes up, her attention span goes down, and she starts to struggle again. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

A bit OT here: I bet she’s been spending a lot of time on the far-right forum Parler, and that’s the source of some of her newest whacky political posts.

Edited by Hane
Someone told me it’s Parler, not “Papier.”
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Hane said:

A bit OT here: I bet she’s been spending a lot of time on the far-right forum Parler, and that’s the source of some of her newest whacky political posts.

I can’t bring myself to go over there. I don’t think my anxiety could handle it. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Spoiler

386582A3-9000-4518-A0D8-6BB5FFAF709A.thumb.png.3235406091a385f62472c9ef09919ca9.png9BA5BFC6-6898-41F6-8767-A72A5A4071C8.thumb.jpeg.10f858b24631e5c5e1fbe6f2a963a50e.jpeg

Spoiler the above talks about incest and rape. This was posted under Lori’s latest nonsense about killing him with silence and kindness. I’m sorry but if someone is being a jerk to me I will let them know. I spent to many years being walked all over because I killed them with kindness. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic