IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

On 8/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, usmcmom said:

I have a dear friend whose young son found out he was adopted when a lady at church referred to him as my friend’s “step son.” Poor little boy asked his mom why that lady would say that; so they went home and had a conversation they had not planned on having yet. 

This is an object lesson of why it's best to talk to your children about adoption from the day you bring them home. If they are babies, tell them before they understand a word -- it's still worthwhile because by the time they do start to grasp it, you will be comfortable talking about it yourself. There is no -- zero -- reason to wait for some perfect occasion for the big reveal, and there are lots of reasons not to. Of the adoptions in my family -- two with me and my then-husband, another with my daughter and SIL, and two more recent preadoptive placements with my other daughter -- only one was a baby. She told me later that she is certain she would have known something was different in her story, even if we hadn't told her and even if our skin color matched up. 

Since obviously transracial families like mine make adoption obvious, I don't have experience with deciding when/if to tell others, but I always emphasized the normalness of adoption and looked for ways to stop people from trying to make it some big saintly deal.

I didn't see Alyssa's story, so I've got no comment on her approach, but I do think it's important to keep the long view in mind. Our children's stories are their stories, to tell or not as they see fit. We don't have the right to trade on them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

A bandana cut into quarters?  So she’s breathing through one layer of cotton completely open at the bottom?

What a selfish piece of shit. Pro-life my ass.  

27F2680D-167B-4D7E-B499-A672DD442BA1.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 14

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

A bandana cut into quarters?  So she’s breathing through one layer of cotton completely open at the bottom?

In the immortal words of Hermione Granger, What. An. Idiot. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Maybe she’s making some new summer tops? I’ve seen a couple pictures on Instagram on girls wearing scarves as tops. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Don't forget, that's the woman that had "parasites" no doctor could diagnose for years, uses black salve for skin lessions (don't google while eating or planning to eat), gives out advice to treat thyriod issues with unproven supplements and thinks her special einkorn sourdough bread and organic butter keeps her healthy. Her mask advice is one of her lesser transgressions on medical topics and iirc hadn't she some time ago the advice of cutting her mask open or out so that her mouth was visible?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Is getting a mask still an issue? They are sold everywhere (cheap) and if you don't have one on when you go into a store they hand you one as soon as you walk in the door. Is it just this way in AZ? Everyone I know has at least a half-dozen by now.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Florita said:

Is getting a mask still an issue? They are sold everywhere (cheap) and if you don't have one on when you go into a store they hand you one as soon as you walk in the door. Is it just this way in AZ? Everyone I know has at least a half-dozen by now.

No, it’s not a supply issue. It’s a user issue. She simply doesn’t want to inconvenience herself one iota. 

I think of masks this way...if 100 people are going to die from COVID and I can POSSIBLY save just one by wearing a mask, that’s something I will most willingly do. These so called “pro-lifers” have decided that, no, a life saved is not worth a little personal pain.  Of course, these are the same people whining that their Democratic governors are stomping on their personal right to go to church with large groups of closely packed, unmasked worshippers. 

• Upvote 18

35 minutes ago, Florita said:

Nope. It is definitely not that hard. Work gave everyone (including students) four reusable ones. The head of the department I'm subbing in (12 week maternity leave) made matching themed ones for all of us. So that's five. And I have three more that I acquired before I took this job. 

Mr. 05 gets a new disposable one every day at work and has one reusable one he uses outside of work. They are easy to acquire here and most of the state outside the two largest cities doesn't have a mandate. 

Lori just wants to flout the rules and requirements as much as possible and her useless corner of a bandana mask will do just that as it will protect no one from anything. 

• Upvote 11

Yeah definitely not a supply issue anymore. At my office we can get new disposable ones everyday and tons of clothing sites and such sell them now. Plus thousands of crafters on Etsy And locally are making masks. I’m assuming she’s just wanting something that just barely covers the mask requirements so she can go into the stores like all those idiots ordering mesh masks. Only her masks look so much more uncomfortable. Rubber bands? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 9/2/2020 at 5:21 PM, usmcmom said:

I wondered if it had something to do with the adoption process. Maybe she wants to make sure the agency sees what a wonderful grandmother her child will have?

Or Alyssa is just kissing Lori's ass, because she needs that Lori:

1-babysit Gideon more often

2-helps paying the adoption fees.

*total speculation

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Or Alyssa is just kissing Lori's ass, because she needs that Lori:
1-babysit Gideon more often
2-helps paying the adoption fees.
*total speculation

Whatever the reason may be I’m really starting to like Alyssa less and less and I’ve always given her the full benefit of the doubt. I can’t handle the quest and need or perfection. Also calling Tenley’s unborn daughter Gideons girlfriend also rubbed me the wrong way.
She’s needs to chill. I also need to stop looking so. There’s that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

15$ dollar butter but

For Covid a quarter of a bandana, 2 pins and rubber bands will do

--> priorities, cuz real Christians don't care about protecting others

The gospel according to lori

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Lori talking about discipline again. I’m gonna guess that one of her grandkids cried or something and that upset her. 

One person commented that they regret gentle parenting because they were passive and inconsistent in disciplining their child. As a result they aren’t living how she’d like them to live. Gentle parenting does not equal passive parenting. 

I think that’s one thing that bothers me the most about her followers. They have a really hard time distinguishing their experiences with the fact that not everyone is like that. Like above, she was a parent who failed to be consistent with her children therefore all gentle parents are like that. Lori was an awful teacher who couldn’t care less about the kids she taught (thought they were summoning demons or something ) so all teachers are. All the guys ran into one woman who didn’t say thank you when they opened the door so all modern women are “bitches”. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

One person commented that they regret gentle parenting because they were passive and inconsistent in disciplining their child. As a result they aren’t living how she’d like them to live. Gentle parenting does not equal passive parenting. 

Ummm...once the kid is an adult, they live how they live. Doesn't matter one iota what mama wants. If they're independent, living on their own and making their own way, then your parenting was a success. I can think of thousands of things I wish I'd done differently raising my kids...but at the end of the day they're grown, independent, gainfully employed and still love dear old mom...that's a win in my book. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

My smack-happy father who lived with both his second and third wives before divorcing his first and second wives, thought his first wife (aka mine and my sister's mother) had influenced us unduly as we both lived with our first spouse before marriage.

The only reason he stopped trying to hit me after the divorce was I punched him back.

• Sad 5
  • Love 6

II've been thinking about Lori's obsession with mothers being home. Does she not realize the Bible talks about women having maid servants. You can't tell me maidservants never watched the kids for the mom. 

In the story of Moses when Pharoah's daughter found the baby in the basket by the river, Moses's sister came out of hiding and asked if she wanted her to go get a nurse for the baby. I take that to mean it could be someone like a nanny. I know the sister actually went and got the baby's own mother, but the Pharoah's daughter didn't know that.

Hannah prayed for a baby for a long time and ended up sending her little boy, Samuel, off to be raised by Eli in the temple because of a deal she made with God.

Heck, remember when Mary and Joseph lost Jesus and He was in the temple?  They didn't miss him for a couple days. That shows even the Son of God was not up under his mother all the time.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Lori talks a bunch of shit...I seriously doubt she was so fucking "hands on" with her kids. She had the nanny and the housekeeper to do it for her. Fuck her...

Hell, I'm chief baby wrangler now for my son and DIL...mostly because baby A is one of those "refuse to sleep" babies. I mean, she will NOT give up. Rufus forbid she fall asleep and miss something even if it's just a shadow on the wall. I'd forgotten what it's like to be covered in baby slobber...baby A is starting to blow spit bubbles and drool. 

• Love 13

Just read this article.  Where is Lori to tell these women and children to submit more and pray harder?    Bad women and children, not behaving right so they aren't getting beaten and abused!   What is wrong with them?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/coronavirus-domestic-violence/2020/09/06/78c134de-ec7f-11ea-b4bc-3a2098fc73d4_story.html?fbclid=IwAR3z_yQ

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

23 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'm chief baby wrangler now for my son and DIL...mostly because baby A is one of those "refuse to sleep" babies. I mean, she will NOT give up. Rufus forbid she fall asleep and miss something even if it's just a shadow on the wall. 

My daughter was one of those “refuse to sleep” babies (and her name coincidentally begins with A!). Somehow, her own child has been a “good sleeper” since birth, and at age 3 or so he’d say, “Bet it’s time for bed pretty soon.” He’s 13 now and follows a meticulous sleep schedule. There is no damn justice in this world.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Hane said:

My daughter was one of those “refuse to sleep” babies (and her name coincidentally begins with A!). Somehow, her own child has been a “good sleeper” since birth, and at age 3 or so he’d say, “Bet it’s time for bed pretty soon.” He’s 13 now and follows a meticulous sleep schedule. There is no damn justice in this world.

All 3 of mine were horrible sleepers...the youngest didn't sleep all night until he started school. I'm enjoying the revenge for the years of exhaustion. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Reminds me of my sister. She’d take her blanket and just go to bed at like 8 as a kid. No fuss or nothing. And she still does even in her 20s. Now I’ve always been the night owl who struggles to get into bed before 12. 

Lori really is on the homeschool kick. I guess she hasn’t spoken to all the parents currently struggling because it’s not actually that easy and all kids are different. 

• Upvote 7

@Sarah92 My eyes are rolling out of my head at their comment contest to see who homeschools the least. If I weren’t blocked, I’d be commenting “Congratulations! You are teaching your children almost nothing!”   
Teaching requires far more than getting some assignments done as fast as possible.  And, no, the entire school day is not transitions, breaks and behavior management. In my current long term HS job, roughly 75 minutes of every 85 minute block is academically focused. That is down because cleaning and dealing with Zoom takes away some. Kids have four blocks each day. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic