IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

12 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Following a trend I see on Twitter: what makes someone a fake Christian? Wrong answers only. I’ll start. I think you’re a fake believer if you don’t like slimy week old salads. 

You're a fake Christian if you don't think Jesus Christ was the White Savior for White People!
You're also a fake Christian if you think what Jesus said is more important than what Paul said! 
(I'm not religious, so I might have mixed up the names, but Lori loves everything Paul said right?)

• Upvote 9

You know you’re a fake Christian if, when people really need you (mother is dying, father is grieving, husband is in the hospital), you can’t pull yourself up by your bootstraps with the help of Jesus, through whom all things are possible(™️), and get yourself to where you are needed, instead sitting on your bony ass looking at a lake in Wisconsin. 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, squiddysquid said:

Ohh may I ask which one? The only reef safe sunscreen I know is that white paste you can't get off anymore and looks like war paint.

Australian Gold makes a wonderful tinted physical (non damaging to Nemo) sunscreen that I use everyday on my face in lieu of makeup during the summer of COVID. 

2 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

On 8/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, squiddysquid said:

Ohh may I ask which one? The only reef safe sunscreen I know is that white paste you can't get off anymore and looks like war paint.

I use All Good sports at the moment. I put a little on at a time to make sure it’s not too heavy. I haven’t noticed it leaving behind a white cast or anything. It looks like they have some tinted ones as well. I like it so far because it’s not outrageously expensive but works for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Just a thought for today:

So we've had a plumbing problem at our house. It turns out the whole septic tank is going to need to be replaced to the tune of about $8000. Yikes!   Anyway, we are fortunate to have enough to cover it (the only thing I have to worry about is b**ching about having to spend that much money).  

Anyway, it got me thinking about Lori's leghumpers. What would they do in that situation with eleventy kids?  Build an outhouse and go to a creek for water because they didn't have the money to fix it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Just a thought for today:

So we've had a plumbing problem at our house. It turns out the whole septic tank is going to need to be replaced to the tune of about $8000. Yikes!   Anyway, we are fortunate to have enough to cover it (the only thing I have to worry about is b**ching about having to spend that much money).  

Anyway, it got me thinking about Lori's leghumpers. What would they do in that situation with eleventy kids?  Build an outhouse and go to a creek for water because they didn't have the money to fix it. 

You hit the nail on the head. 

We can plan & hope for the best but savings accounts don't cover every little thing & sometimes catastrophes happen back to back. She's a naive fool if she thinks churches cover that type of need.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

She must be boosting posts again.  Almost all of the last 15 or so posts on FB have over 200 comments. There's only a handful with 20 or 30.

She's digging deep for that attention....

• Upvote 10

The irony of the couple who constantly explains to us that wives do ABC in marriage to get DEF from husbands in return complaining that egalitarian marriage is somehow “tit for tat” is ridiculous.  And the even deeper irony of the pair that tell us that women can never use their gifts and talents outside the home telling us that their submission system uses natural gifts is worse.  
 I won’t speak for any other egalitarian couple, but there’s no “tit for tat” at my house. Because there’s no keeping score. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Tit for tat says the woman who promotes unyielding wifely submission (tit) for a roof over a wife’s head and maybe a husband who doesn’t abuse her (tat). Or as much sex as the husband wants (tit) for not cheating (tat). Am I getting this equation wrong?  

Also I came out to my parents as bi and they accepted me so that’s a win! ?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 15

10 hours ago, louisa05 said:

And the even deeper irony of the pair that tell us that women can never use their gifts and talents

"Giftings" thank you very much. Ken sure has a way with words. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

So I’ve been thinking about Lori Logic lately (I know I know) and I was thinking about this story she told one I think on YouTube about wives basically in horrible marriages with unsaved husbands who basically got ‘saved’ on their death beds. To which she said that was not a wasted life because the men were saved. Now I’m Jewish as I’ve said so I really have done as much studying and learning about afterlife as Christians but if you were miserable with someone in Earth, and they die, your magically gonna be happy with them in heaven? Lori talks a lot about Heaven cause I think she’s so miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, brittbratkittykat said:

I was thinking about this story she told one I think on YouTube about wives basically in horrible marriages with unsaved husbands who basically got ‘saved’ on their death beds.

I have heard about that a lot and am always so sad.  I watched a talk show a long time ago where a lady wanted to give her baby up for adoption because of reasons.  The audience was weighing in and 100% were against it.  One man stood up and said that he had been on drugs the entire time his daughter was alive - he drank too much, he abused her mom, he neglected giving them the basics and YET he never put her up for adoption.  Daughter was twelve and he had gotten saved and sober a few months before.   The audience exploded with applause.  I was appalled - that poor kid and that poor mom - to endure over a decade of abuse and now to be expected to be all happy happy joy joy.   I bet her life would have been better as an adult if two mature adults raised her.   

Same with women who endure decades of abuse and then suddenly - when he needs them, he is all sorry and forgive me and saved and people think that is a win. He led the life he wanted and she was miserable.   Is he the only one who matters??  Oh yeah, Lori - penis is all that matters.   

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

I have heard about that a lot and am always so sad.  I watched a talk show a long time ago where a lady wanted to give her baby up for adoption because of reasons.  The audience was weighing in and 100% were against it.  One man stood up and said that he had been on drugs the entire time his daughter was alive - he drank too much, he abused her mom, he neglected giving them the basics and YET he never put her up for adoption.  Daughter was twelve and he had gotten saved and sober a few months before.   The audience exploded with applause.  I was appalled - that poor kid and that poor mom - to endure over a decade of abuse and now to be expected to be all happy happy joy joy.   I bet her life would have been better as an adult if two mature adults raised her.   
  Same with women who endure decades of abuse and then suddenly - when he needs them, he is all sorry and forgive me and saved and people think that is a win. He led the life he wanted and she was miserable.   Is he the only one who matters??  Oh yeah, Lori - penis is all that matters.   

YES!! I just don’t understand the comfort in the idea that men can basically get away with murder and yet women are at fault for ‘cold hearts’ and being unforgiving [emoji854][emoji854]
While I understand we are only responsible for our actions I can’t swim in a pool of someone keeps talking out the water. It’s just insane.
And the part I will never understand is how bewildered Lori is when people argue with her about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

On 8/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, Sarah92 said:

Also I came out to my parents as bi and they accepted me so that’s a win! ?

That is very good news! I am very happy for you that they accept you for who you are ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:18 AM, SweetLaurel said:

This is such a strange thing I see in both Christian and no Christian circles. I see a ton of young adult novels where the nice girl just falls head over heals for the piece of crap bad boy and that his bull shit is okay because of tragic past. And in Christian circles where women are expected to deal with shit so as to not disturb anything with divorce or speaking out. Why is the bar so low for men? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

TIL that Lori's definition of '"fairytale" is flowers, bubble baths, candles, an engagement ring, and a man who loves you properly.  She has set the bar *really* low.  Sorry if I prefer to aim a tiny bit higher.  (Granted, I am single, but that is because I divorced a man who treated me like trash, but that's beside the point!)

fairytale.JPG.c6e9cf46bcfc99b61c10879235b6cafa.JPG

• Upvote 6

On 8/23/2020 at 8:33 AM, brittbratkittykat said:

Now I’m Jewish as I’ve said so I really have done as much studying and learning about afterlife as Christians but if you were miserable with someone in Earth, and they die, your magically gonna be happy with them in heaven?

According to the New Testament, there is no marriage in heaven.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 8/21/2020 at 2:51 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

She must be boosting posts again.  Almost all of the last 15 or so posts on FB have over 200 comments. There's only a handful with 20 or 30.

She's digging deep for that attention....

she needs to cultivate a new group of followers.   Many of the "old" names (even leghumpers...did they see the light or get banned like Severine??) are gone, moved on, been banned.  It's like a bad MLM ponzi scheme....gotta bring more in on the bottom.

If I weren't banned all over....I would ask Lori today about her opinions on Jerry Falwell Jr situation??   Such hypocrites.  Of course she'd blame the wife...they are all complicit, as a professing Christian -- they all make me sick. All these holier than thou types and they are all fakes and phonies. But those of us who care about social justice and loving our fellow man as Jesus calls us, are "wrong"... my blood is boiling. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

TIL that Lori's definition of '"fairytale" is flowers, bubble baths, candles, an engagement ring, and a man who loves you properly.  She has set the bar *really* low.  Sorry if I prefer to aim a tiny bit higher.  (Granted, I am single, but that is because I divorced a man who treated me like trash, but that's beside the point!)

fairytale.JPG.c6e9cf46bcfc99b61c10879235b6cafa.JPG

How about unconditional love that's not a transaction? How about the whole sickness/health thing? How about the whole rich/poor thing? So the fairy tale wasn't all hearts and flowers and violins playing in the background, but it was MY fairy tale...someone who was beyond besotted with me...who thought I was his whole world and he was mine. I'll take that any day over "10 minutes and lube" and a "40 minute walk every day". 

Re: Back up plan...what the fuck???? I get having your finances straight and shit like that but it seems she's advocating having another man waiting in the wings...especially since she's so opposed to women working and shit...

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 6

57 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

3EF4B97F-D6E3-425E-B3DF-019931E8B445.thumb.jpeg.55aadc0adf76001e31ca2fe6ca28e965.jpeg

you read it here. She posted this on her latest blog post.

Seriously?  Was she hacked or did she actually post this?

Hasn't almost everyone who is not one of her leghumpers posted this exact same thing on her comment section?  Only to have her respond, "God will provide", or demand that churches support widows and children?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

3EF4B97F-D6E3-425E-B3DF-019931E8B445.thumb.jpeg.55aadc0adf76001e31ca2fe6ca28e965.jpeg

you read it here. She posted this on her latest blog post.

I'm not seeing it anywhere. Which blog post, exactly? I HAVE  to see this in its original context because this is Lori we're talking about and I just cannot beLIEVE she wrote this! LOL!!! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I'm not seeing it anywhere. Which blog post, exactly? I HAVE  to see this in its original context because this is Lori we're talking about and I just cannot beLIEVE she wrote this! LOL!!! 

It’s gone now. It was on her blog post from today. Must have been a mistake. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

10 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

It’s gone now. It was on her blog post from today. Must have been a mistake. 

Wow. Unbelievable. I had a feeling she might have taken it down, I looked high and low on the past few blog posts. I wonder if she meant 'have LOTS of life insurance' as a back up plan, but realised that what she wrote could be construed as ' go to college and have a career to fall back on,' which of course is the antithesis of her 'just trust God, he'll pay all the bills' mantra.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

and today on Twitter she said:  "I heard lots of people raving about the RNC last night."

What she forgot to add was where she heard the "raving"....I'm sure it was from her friends on Parler. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

and today on Twitter she said:  "I heard lots of people raving about the RNC last night."

What she forgot to add was where she heard the "raving"....I'm sure it was from her friends on Parler. 

As in "raving lunatics" ?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic