IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

“What use to be normal is no longer normal. It use to be normal for women to stay at home and not work.”

In what universe? Ok maybe the immediate post-war years (1945-1960 or so) but I have no female relatives who were SAHMs for any extended period of time. Ok, the mother was one until I was about 9 or so. My German grandmother worked all her life. My Cuban grandmother didn't but they had $$$ (and didn't live in the US). My daughter in law is mostly a SAHM but that's because my son has like 3 jobs. She works very part time. Yes, I'm "retired" because I quit working when Mr. Xtian started getting really sick but we had $$ in the bank and could afford to do it. Now I think I work just as hard as when I was working even if I never leave the house. 

I think Ken should have made her get off her ass and go get a job as soon as the youngest kid was in school. Just point blank "I am not financing your lifestyle"...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Yeah, my great grandma would beg to differ, Lori. My great grandpa was a blacksmith, but he was also a drunk and an abuser, so she left him while she still had kids at home--in the 1920s, no less!-- and worked in a sewing factory for years. My grandma quit school at sixteen and worked in a cigar factory until she married my grandpa. She stayed home with the kids til they were older (more like til my mom was old enough to help out and take care of things while her mom was working), but she still did odd jobs outside the home here and there, and during WWII she was an air raid warden (or whatever they called those who went up into those lookout towers and kept an eye out for enemy planes). When she did go back to work, it was full time in a candy factory, and it was close enough that she walked there and back every day because at that time, in the late 40s, the family didn't have a car; my grandpa either took the bus to work or got a ride with a coworker. Grandma worked that job until I was in high school in the early 70s. My own mother didn't work outside the home until I was 13, but she sold Avon for several years prior to that. Then she got a job at a mortgage company in the early 70s and worked in that business until she retired around 2000. As well, her sisters worked, her female cousins all worked, and grandma's sisters worked, both before and after marriage. Some of great grandma's sisters worked as well (maybe all of them, I haven't done enough research on that entire family yet to know for sure). 

I really think Lori has internalised every 1950s television show about family to the point where she believes every family lived like Ward and June Cleaver, or Jim and Margaret Anderson. They were NOT the norm, even for the 1950s, but you'll never convince Lori of that. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I believe, regarding anal sex, Lori also had the very wise words “It’s the wrong hole.” 

Because when you are a “published author” and a “christian” you learn to write things discretely and with proper terminology. 

Edited by usmcmom
Finish a thought.
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

My Dad was born in 1950. His mother always worked, despite having 6 children to raise. He said she used to clean houses, riding her bike to each house.

My mum was born in 1955 and her parents had a shop, at first, and then later, a vegetable stall on the side of the road. Mum's dad died when she was 10, and Grandma had to raise mum alone - Mum thinks all Grandma did was grow vegetables to sell. But by "all she did" I'm talking 5+ acres of vegetable gardens that Grandma tended all by herself. It was their only income. So she may not have worked away from home, but she certainly worked very hard! She never remarried.

I was born in the 80s and while my mother didn't work away from home until we were teenagers, she always helped Dad in his business, and she did telephone surveys from home. 

• Upvote 7

I would like to go back a little bit, to Alyssa. I follow her on Instagram, never any contact, no likes, just look what she is up to. And there are some things that make me think (I know, I know, get a life Pink Muffin) Here we go

She always has the same content: her doing running with Gideon in a stroller, her doing ballet or some exercising with Gideon playing around her or her and Jon out with friends without Gideon. Sometimes Gid plays with his cousins. I know it's just little bits of her day, but really, this is all she wants to show.

I don't know how long the adoption process takes but I found it strange that they started the process so soon after Gideon was born. They waited for that kid for seven years, don't they want to enjoy him for some time?

And that brings me to: Alyssa doesn't seem to enjoy Gideon. She always seems to have some issues with his behavior, she says he cries and whines a lot and she thinks that's hard to deal with. She hardly ever looks happy when she films them together.

I have been wondering if she has issues from her childhood with a mother like Lori, that pop up now when a mother herself. She probably would benefit from therapy.

One last thing, when she made a Instastory of some of the photos in their adoption book, she looked off. She had that forced smile fundie children and women have, she didn't look genuine. Maybe she was nervous knowing that someone would be looking at the pics and thinking of giving them her baby 

That's some of the thoughts I have had and they are my personal thoughts with the disclaimer that I don't know Alyssa and what she shows on Instagram is a tiny, tiny fraction of her life. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

She always has the same content: her doing running with Gideon in a stroller, her doing ballet or some exercising with Gideon playing around her or her and Jon out with friends without Gideon. Sometimes Gid plays with his cousins. I know it's just little bits of her day, but really, this is all she wants to show.

I think she’s very aware people follow her from Loris side of things but I’m conceived most of her followers are from Tenley since they are basically the same person.

As I’ve said before I do think she’s about as arrogant and condescending and self-righteous as her parents and I stand by that. However. I also stand by the fact I think she grew up emotionally abused by her mother and that still rears it’s ugly head. Her page is basically her trying to do everything perfectly and basically beating herself up when she doesn’t. It’s quite hard to watch. To me I don’t find her relatable or vulnerable. Now while I understand she probably never will speak publicly about her mother, I would certainly love to be a fly on the wall in her house. The Alexander’s as a whole life in a glass house. You can’t measure a person by there words. You measure them by actions. And there actions are screaming hatred and hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

And that brings me to: Alyssa doesn't seem to enjoy Gideon. She always seems to have some issues with his behavior, she says he cries and whines a lot and she thinks that's hard to deal with. She hardly ever looks happy when she films them together.

She probably gets shit from her mother because Gideon is whining, crying or whatever...BUT...that is what babies do!! Baby A who is probably the most indulged baby on earth still whines and cries at times. Yeah, it's hard to deal with like all the time, when baby is whining, crying or whatever and you can't quite figure out why...but it's all part of being a parent. 

Fundies seem to have no idea of normal kiddo behavior. Babies and toddlers are a pain in the ass at times...even when you adore the hell out of them. Even when you love the shit out of them...there are times when you'd happily drive off into the sunset ALONE!!! Hell, I'd still occasionally like to drive off into the sunset and my kids are grown!!! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I don't follow Alyssa at all. But is it possible she has post natal depression, even if it's undiagnosed? Because I can imagine growing up with Lori for a mother would cause issues, and she is probably trying to live up to insanely high expectations. Throw in a struggle to conceive, and it's the perfect combination for PND. When you're in the throes of that, all of life is hard and the most perfect baby seems difficult.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Lori must really be jonesing for a hit of that sweet, sweet persecution. 

She's posted two of her "greatest hit doodles" in the last two days ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

What I find most ridiculous about Alyssa are the constant pictures and videos of her striking her dance poses. At times, I assume she is alone with the baby on a walk, so she must prop the camera up and start performing. When with others, I guess she says “TAKE MY PICTURE!” It is very junior-high behavior, in my opinion.  

I find it very sad that she does not seem to enjoy Gideon but immediately started the adoption process after he was born. I think some of these young couples who live for social media adopt because it gives them extra status with their followers. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic