IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

I am so sick of Lori describing teachers and child care providers as “strangers”. We see these kids five days a week for 36 weeks out of the year. A lot of teachers do multiple grade levels and see kids more than one year. We care about them and watch them grow. Most of us live in the community we work in and are part of community events, churches and groups. We are not strangers to your children. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 20

I don’t feel sorry for her,  she’s a disgusting Woman.  Bye Lori, your death will make the world a better place.  Not sorry. Best thing she could do is drop dead.  Still not sorry.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I am so sick of Lori describing teachers and child care providers as “strangers”. We see these kids five days a week for 36 weeks out of the year. A lot of teachers do multiple grade levels and see kids more than one year. We care about them and watch them grow. Most of us live in the community we work in and are part of community events, churches and groups. We are not strangers to your children. 

Heck I see a kid for an hour every two weeks (on average) and I still learn things about my kids beyond just mental health. Their personalities, interests, their pets, siblings etc. I’ve worked with some of these kids for two years now and I’m definitely not a stranger to them. It just takes putting in an effort and paying attention. But for teachers, I’m sure some of them are more attentive and see the kids more than their fathers (or mothers I suppose) do. I mean with what Lori advocates for many fathers gotta be working long hours. That would make them the strangers. 

• Upvote 12

I'm not terribly surprised the tumor is back.

I hope the treatment goes well, and if it is NOT what is causing her cognitive decline then her having to interact frequently with medical staff gets her cognitive decline noticed and hopefully treated. I hope maybe, just maybe, whatever small spark of intelligence she has buried in her brain makes a connection and she realizes that she's been a nasty lying hypocritical harridan. I hope there are people helping her who are not all wrung out of compassion, and who will show her how Jesus wants people to treat each other - but without taking any of her bullshit.

And if she stays the same horrible shrew she has been the last few years, I hope she is treated with the same compassion she shows others. I don't wish her ill, and I want to offer her compassion, but I also am having a hard time not thinking "reap what you sow, Lori."

• Upvote 17

1A4B5A17-C799-4C95-82EB-CF7C1B7218A8.thumb.jpeg.95ba3fc9698b55d8384c6124cf0927ec.jpeg

nope you are wrong. God created the authority structure because he wanted men to take care of women. To get technical the structure was written by men during a time when women were considered property. 

• Upvote 10

Mary Elliot Raynor is posting on The Emancipated Wife FB page, the counterpoint to Lori (obv).  She has either come over to the dark side or maybe she saw the light, or perhaps it’s the same thing!  

• Upvote 5

On 9/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, Hane said:

Re Lori and the return of her pituitary tumor: I just had a flashback to a story I was told some 25 years ago. My family was spending lots of time in the family waiting room at Hartford Hospital, where my mom had just had an emergency quadruple bypass. One lady there was alone, from out of state, staying in the hospital’s family housing building during the aftermath of her husband’s heart surgery.

She told us that her husband had always been rednecky-bordering-on-racist—until a vivid dream he had after his operation. In the dream, he was on a beautiful cruise ship, with people of every color and nationality, and had a strong sense that God was there among them. There were flowers everywhere, and everyone was happy, friendly, and at peace. He said it completely changed his attitude.

May something like this happen to Lori.

That is a wonderful story. Reminds me of Peter's vision in Acts where he is called to minister to gentiles. I've heard of other persons whose lives were changed by similar visions - wish it would happen to the whole Republican party.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

Lori is being extra vile with today’s post.  She continues, throughout her post, to paint “The Mexican Woman”* as the villain. 

*I feel the need to apologize.  Even typing it made me feel lousy because I can just imagine the scorn in Lori’s voice as she told Ken about this incident. 

206D44E9-B0EA-4FDA-AAD1-F71D988DFAD3.jpeg

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori is being extra vile with today’s post.  She continues, throughout her post, to paint “The Mexican Woman”* as the villain. 

of course she brought race into it.  of course she just couldn't describe the incident as "two women"  and discuss anger in general. Always reduced to race.  and that's what kills me and is so hypocritical.  They dont like "anger , protests, etc" but say they support peaceful demonstrations...but its funny when football players take a knee or lock arms in solidarity, that's not okay either.  They are all hypocrits

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

I always get a kick when people make negative comments about their spouses on Lori’s page. One guy commented that his wife was often “level 8 angry over level 3 things”. I’m like buddy, your wife can see that. Good luck. That’s level 10 angry in my book. Also it’s rarely just about the level 3 things. Like how often are you doing it? Is it on going disrespect? Etc. 

*its honestly not that funny but sad when I see those comments. But I also can picture a spouses reaction 

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

*I feel the need to apologize.  Even typing it made me feel lousy because I can just imagine the scorn in Lori’s voice as she told Ken about this incident. 

206D44E9-B0EA-4FDA-AAD1-F71D988DFAD3.jpeg

I don't even understand the point of Lori's story. What's the connection between the two women at the intersection each minding their own business and/or pursuing their own goals? Aside from the offensive emphasis on race, why even provide the details that one a bit on the slow side and one with (possibly) messy writing? What conclusion does this random story attempt to convey?

Edited by Pammy
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Not that I believe it is remotely possible but what if the woman was holding up a sign that said “ Lori Alexander is the prophet we all need. Everyone should listen to her “ and Lori was so focussed on the fact she was Mexican that she missed the adulation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Not that I believe it is remotely possible but what if the woman was holding up a sign that said “ Lori Alexander is the prophet we all need. Everyone should listen to her “ and Lori was so focussed on the fact she was Mexican that she missed the adulation. 

I was thinking along the same lines. My scenario was:

The sign said “Abortion is murder!” 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

C76A0ADE-818B-4A57-8F1B-F24EDBCD6FC9.thumb.jpeg.bb03751f4cc3779e83a388eae7c49edf.jpeg

this is how the holocaust happened. Christians turning a blind eye to what was going on around them. 
our country, and the world, is in horrible shape because women have turned a blind eye and let men run things. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

"Anyone who thinks that America was and is a nation made up of people of predominantly European descent and should have the right to stay that way..."

So much wrong with the entire comment, but that bit was the worst. "We want America to stay mostly white, but we'll allow for enough brown and black people to serve us. Not too many, because we have to remain the vast majority. Just...enough to do our dirty work for us." That's what she and others of her ilk are really saying. 

Lori Alexander is the whole package, isn't she: a racist, an elitist, and a xenophobe. All wrapped up with a shiny, slick bow of fake Christianity. What a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Edited by Loveday
clarity
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

“To the left anyone opposed to them is a white supremacist” 

No, Lori, this isn’t about “the left,” this is about the president of the United States not denouncing people who are literally groups of white supremacists and HE EVEN CALLED ONE OF THEM BY NAME!!!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Lori.... anyone who thinks America should stay predominantly of European descent is racist. I mean what other reasons would you have to not want other ethnic backgrounds in your country? If you’re one of those keep your bloodline pure white type of people what other word would you use besides racist? A pasty ass circus clown? I mean either one works with me. You literally can’t look at another person, say “ I don’t want you here” and say you’re a nice person. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

Lori's put on her rose-colored glasses again. She must have had them re-tinted to a darker shade, because today's blog post is titled: "The past was a glorious time." And her proof? A comment from a man who I seriously doubt has actually read any of the works by authors he mentions:

You only need to read “Little House on the Prairie,” “Little Women,” Dickens, Tolstoy, or any other period literature which was largely representative of life back then.

Ummm... if I were going to try and prove how wonderful and glorious life was back in the olden times, I don't think I'd use Dickens or Tolstoy as examples. And much as I love Laura Ingalls Wilder's stories, her life was NOT all calico, prairie roses, and fiddle tunes as portrayed in her books. 

Lori's already getting a bit of pushback, though.

From Karlie:

The past may have been great for white people, but it was a very terrible time for people of color. As a biracial person I would have been scorned. My family would have been hated for the color of their skin.

From Jamie:

I feel like you missed the points Dickens, Tolstoy, and Alcott were trying to make. Perhaps you should read some Thomas Hardy - "Jude the Obscure" is a particularly bleak portrait of 19th century western social culture

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

On 10/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, Sarah92 said:

Lori.... anyone who thinks America should stay predominantly of European descent is racist. I mean what other reasons would you have to not want other ethnic backgrounds in your country?

They conveniently forget the county was full of indigenous people before all those white Europeans came and shoved them aside after stealing their lands

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

Ummm... if I were going to try and prove how wonderful and glorious life was back in the olden times,

And she conveniently leaves out child labor, high death and mortality in women and children, rampant disease, men abandoning their families, crime, etc

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, Loveday said:

Ummm... if I were going to try and prove how wonderful and glorious life was back in the olden times, I don't think I'd use Dickens

Yeah, I'm sure those workhouses were just a laugh a minute. ?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Just came to say that today, Lori proves that she is not at all well read and has never read Dickens or Tolstoy. 

The post needs a disclaimer: "I have not read or even attempted to familiarize myself with any of the books discussed in this post". 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

My mother just pointed something out regarding Dickens: Lori's probably seen some television version of 'A Christmas Carol'. That's probably the only Dickens she's at all familiar with and it was probably a sentimental version. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My mother just pointed something out regarding Dickens: Lori's probably seen some television version of 'A Christmas Carol'. That's probably the only Dickens she's at all familiar with and it was probably a sentimental version. 

And the musical Oliver! All that singing and dancing! Food, Glorious Food!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic