IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

Sorry, not sorry. I may be an awful person but this is The lady that tells everyone else that “all things are possible through God™️.” She said that mammograms cause breast cancer and women shouldn’t get them (which drove survivor me batshit crazy). If she really trusts God, why wouldn’t she just treat herself with $14 a pound butter? No, of course she won’t. This is just like everything else. What she preaches to her followers is not good enough for dear LazyLori. And I should feel sorry for that?  Nope, ain’t gonna happen. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 7

I saw  preview of tonight's episode of License to Kill on OWN and  Dr Dubrow is going to talk about some quack doctor who used woo to treat cancer.   I saw some black salve among his quack remedies.  I immediately thought of Lori and not because of the recurrence of the brain tumor.   (I've not visited the Lori thread lately -been trying to keep up with the Rod threads.)   It's something that Lori has touted in the past.

@Hane. my Love reaction is for what your sister is going through and has nothing to do whatsoever with Lori.,.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

One of her most vocal female supporters (Mary Elliot Raynor) has been sparring with Lori a bit this week.  It centers around times in your marriage when a husband might say cruel things to his wife, and she is supposed to suck it up and win him without a word.  Mary finally had it yesterday and told Lori she is supporting abuse.  Lori said she never said cruel behavior, clearly that makes a difference to her. Mary said she was sorry her tumor is back and that would be the last post she makes on Lori’s page.  Mary was sometimes a little too Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm, but I liked her.  She could see both sides of the coin, as much as someone who drank Lori’s Kool Aid is able.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

So even with her recent health issues, Lori is gonna dis RBG after her passing....sounds about right.

Isn’t she a bitch? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

Lori loves to barge in after the death of a great woman and screech about how bad she really was. I knew she would have to do the same about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  

At the risk of being ghoulish, I will go ahead and say this. Lori has just found our her brain tumor has returned. She even writes as though she knows she could die from this. As vile as she’s been in her writings, she is asking for a HIGE helping of karma, regardless of when she dies. How will her children feel, reading such horrible things about their mother? Things like Lori has written about other women who have died?  

I also think it is quite telling that Lori has already had kinder words directed toward her in on FJ, regarding her tumor, than she has EVER offered any woman who has reached out to her with health concerns. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

Lori wants to go VIRAL!!111!!! again

Some of thode hardcore fundies might stop at dissing someone who recently passed away, but she doesn't - hence better chances this might get picked up. Also the shock effect.

Hearing about a persons death and only thinking how she could profit - thats pure vile old shrew.

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I try not to use language like this online, but...

FUCK YOU, Lori, and the Horse of Truth you rode in on!

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I have zero sympathy for Lori. I looked for some, but there is none. She is an abuser and she enables other abusers. She is hateful and allows others to heap hatred on hurting people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Why would she even consider radiation???  Doesn't she know radium was discovered through the efforts of Dr. Marie Curie?  A woman??  

• Upvote 18

I thought about Lori in passing today as I was wrapping up my third round trip drive between Denver and Vegas since mid-July today...I was alone, I was dressed "slutty" (t-shirt, no bra, shorts, flip flops) my hair was a mess, my SUV was loaded to the gills (I had to shove down a pillow every time I wanted to use the passenger side mirror b/c the rear view was useless) and I left Vegas at 1:30 am (couldn't sleep, gave up, got on the road). Nope, no man to "protect me" (even though I'm a "poor, helpless widow), cruising this 11 hour drive alone...

I'll tell you though, watching the sun come up as I drove through eastern Utah was breathtaking...the sun comes up over the mountains and suddenly you go from a twilight-like state to full blast sunshine...

• Upvote 10
  • Love 15

@feministxtian, of all the things that helped me feel independent as a woman on my own for the first time at 47, solo travel was #1! It’s been so freeing to set an itinerary, get into a train/plane/automobile, and operate on my own schedule. On work business trips, I arranged time to see local sights I never would have otherwise. In Italy, on a couple of occasions I got lost, but, with very little Italian, I was able to find my way back to my hotel. 
Once COVID is more under control, I’m looking forward to another trip—maybe solo, maybe with gal pals.

Godspeed!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 16

9 minutes ago, Hane said:

@feministxtian, of all the things that helped me feel independent as a woman on my own for the first time at 47, solo travel was #1! It’s been so freeing to set an itinerary, get into a train/plane/automobile, and operate on my own schedule. On work business trips, I arranged time to see local sights I never would have otherwise. In Italy, on a couple of occasions I got lost, but, with very little Italian, I was able to find my way back to my hotel. 
Once COVID is more under control, I’m looking forward to another trip—maybe solo, maybe with gal pals.

Godspeed!

Mine was at 15 and it was a big one - Europe -> Australia

I stayed with a lovely host family during the week, but weekend trips, school, those I managed on my own

It was very freeing and a huge confidence boost - that trip shaped my future

Mind you the Aussie mentality helped a lot with that, people were quick to ask if they could help and went out of their way when they heard I was traveling on my own. I never had to fear for my safety and never got homesick cause everybody was very warm and welcoming.

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 6

Just asking....... doesn't she & her ilk typically believe serious illness to be a result of sin? The whole  'reap what you sow' aspect.....

Headed to the prayer closet now.  

• Upvote 12

Late to the party again here... but did anyone see the comments on the women must be silent post on Lori's blog that have no disappeared? There were a few that have gone. One was a woman saying how her husband doesn't even like her to talk, aside from telling him there is someone on the phone for him. Another woman is clearly in an abusive relationship and has to be silent around her thug of a husband in a bad mood or he will beat her up. And there was another one who has to ask her husband for permission to speak. 

I read on here something about Ty Bollinger and black salve or something. A good friend tried all the cancer "cures" known to man. She loved Ty Bollinger and black salve and apricot pits and stuff. She turned down chemotherapy to treat her breast cancer and did the alternative treatments instead. She died :(

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 13

1 hour ago, KDA said:

I read on here something about Ty Bollinger and black salve or something. A good friend tried all the cancer "cures" known to man. She loved Ty Bollinger and black salve and apricot pits and stuff. She turned down chemotherapy to treat her breast cancer and did the alternative treatments instead. She died :(

When I underwent treatment for breast cancer, although I didn’t have chemo, the radiation did a real number in my body and especially my hair. I took to wearing a headscarf on my worst days, and it was very eye opening to see the reactions from complete strangers. I had two different check out clerks tell me I needed to use homeopathic treatments for cancer and that what I was doing was going to make me sicker. Seriously, people I did not know were offering me woo advice. I am seldom rude to people but I let them have it.  Unless someone has solicited your advice for something in their life, it’s none of your damn business. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 12

8 hours ago, Hane said:

Godspeed!

I've always been the independent sort, I love long-distance driving (well, right up until I screwed up my back). I've driven all over the place. Newport News VA to Evansville IN (round tripped that quite a few times), Evansville IN to Titusville FL. Then the monster drive of Newport News to Phoenix (hub and I shared the driving on that one), PHX to Vegas, then Vegas-Denver and round and round...did that one 3 times between 7/10 and 9/19. 

My biggest thought during that LOOOOOOOOONG boring drive (about 11 hours with gas/potty stops) was the fundie idiot women we discuss here (in my defense, I had not been on FJ for about 5 days and may have been having withdrawal symptoms) was that as a widow that's pretty much taking care of herself (like no church paying my bills a la Lori), they'd all be pearl clutching as I drove across a few states, making my own decisions on when to stop for gas (consult "miles to E" and calculate from there), potty breaks, music to listen to, thoughts to think, all that stuff that comes with being independent and on my own. 

Now...if only my new place would get finished...waiting on the damn inspections. Contractor says he needs 10 days after inspections to finish it up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

I studied abroad in England with a small group of students from my school for about three months. Having never flown by myself before I navigated through O’Hare airport and made it it London. And then small groups of us would travel for short trips. Me and two other girls went to Belfast and followed a random lady to our hostel. She noticed that we were struggling to read the bus system and helped us out and walked us to our hostel since it was on the way to her home. She was a teacher that regularly had exchange students. The audacity of three young adult women following a random lady down the streets of a foreign city. Of course we were cautious and be then had some of idea of our maps but it definitely would have astounded Lori. But those travels while not entirely independent had a huge impact on me. I strive to be as gracious as that one women who took it upon herself to get three girls safely to their hostel. 

In regards to Lori’s health problems I do wish her the best. I’d hate for something bad to happen to her and hopes she recovers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

On 9/19/2020 at 8:54 PM, feministxtian said:

I'll tell you though, watching the sun come up as I drove through eastern Utah was breathtaking...the sun comes up over the mountains and suddenly you go from a twilight-like state to full blast sunshine...

I love the open vistas of Utah but you couldn't pay me to live there. 

Perhaps I am having compassion fatigue with all the dreadful things that are going on in the world right now, but here is how I feel about Lori and her illness:

Spoiler

b1a.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

Re Lori and the return of her pituitary tumor: I just had a flashback to a story I was told some 25 years ago. My family was spending lots of time in the family waiting room at Hartford Hospital, where my mom had just had an emergency quadruple bypass. One lady there was alone, from out of state, staying in the hospital’s family housing building during the aftermath of her husband’s heart surgery.

She told us that her husband had always been rednecky-bordering-on-racist—until a vivid dream he had after his operation. In the dream, he was on a beautiful cruise ship, with people of every color and nationality, and had a strong sense that God was there among them. There were flowers everywhere, and everyone was happy, friendly, and at peace. He said it completely changed his attitude.

May something like this happen to Lori.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

22 hours ago, Hane said:

Godspeed!

I once drove from Minot, ND to Raleigh, NC at age 26 back in the day before cell phones and GPS. I must say I was quite proud of myself.

I wonder if Lori can make it across town by herself.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I once drove from Minot, ND to Raleigh, NC at age 26 back in the day before cell phones and GPS. I must say I was quite proud of myself.

I wonder if Lori can make it across town by herself.

Well, she doesn't know how to flee a fire by herself without a penis holder to show her how, so....

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I love the open vistas of Utah but you couldn't pay me to live there. 

Its gorgeous...but not someplace I'd settle. I'm having enough trouble adjusting to Denver after living in the desert...

• Upvote 6

9C780A1A-90C7-4CAD-9206-C70731D30463.thumb.jpeg.061c05521d87b08d74ac843ccc945208.jpeg

I wonder where everyone sleeps? That’s nuts. They must have a basement that everyone is packed in. 
I would like to remind lori of what god requires of us: Micah 6:8. “What does the lord require of you? To act justly, love mercy and walk humbly before your god.” Stop telling people to do the opposite of what you did. 

• Upvote 13

17 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

When I underwent treatment for breast cancer, although I didn’t have chemo, the radiation did a real number in my body and especially my hair. I took to wearing a headscarf on my worst days, and it was very eye opening to see the reactions from complete strangers. I had two different check out clerks tell me I needed to use homeopathic treatments for cancer and that what I was doing was going to make me sicker. Seriously, people I did not know were offering me woo advice. I am seldom rude to people but I let them have it.  Unless someone has solicited your advice for something in their life, it’s none of your damn business. 

I'm speechless with rage on your behalf. WTF.  Honestly I would have told those clerks to f**K off and maybe even asked to speak the manager and complained about them. That is unprofessional. 

I'm glad you survived and are still here. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic