IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

Oh Martha, dear. You are already silenced. You live on the compound, in an echo chamber. You have a vagina, not a penis so, since birth, you have been wearing a metaphorical muzzle. You snag IG posts from other people who say what you already think. You have no voice and no relevance in political discourse. Poor girl - deprived of so much. It's got to be tough to ride the coattails of others and convince yourself it's you.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Addie posted something in her stories yesterday and now it’s a post that I think is about the certification (and God overturning it?). But it’s received some negative feedback from one of Addie’s friends who argued with her and Martha about their batsh*t insane beliefs about politics.   Martha feels the US constitution is based on the bible which I, as an ignorant non-American thought could not be true as the founding fathers wanted a separation of church and state.  But I may be wrong. Addie has fallen hard and aligns with her headship(unsurprising). DJT was one of the best US president they’ve ever had, voter fraud is real and wide spread, oh an Joe Biden is a pedophile who’s been caught on tape touching young girls. Do they feel themselves loosing the abortion argument and this new found obsession with finding and unmasking pedophilia (in the most obvious of places: the Democratic Party) is their new cause? 

No stories or updates on where Sam, Jeremiah Campana and others are. I’d like to imagine they’re now wanted by the authorities because they were part of the storming of the Capitol. It would have given Sam his moment to be the cowboy/manly man he’s always armed and “prepared” to be and will show them there are very real consequences for their terrorist actions. But I’m sure they weren’t and they’re slinking home to Georgia/Florida to complain about how unfair it all is. 

Oh my final thought was based on everyone’s stories the S’mortons are in person voters. Sam was already off to DC so I wonder if he and Alyssa voted early or didn’t vote.... but it was voter fraud that they lost ? 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

Addie posted something in her stories yesterday and now it’s a post that I think is about the certification (and God overturning it?). But it’s received some negative feedback from one of Addie’s friends who argued with her and Martha about their batsh*t insane beliefs about politics.   Martha feels the US constitution is based on the bible which I, as an ignorant non-American thought could not be true as the founding fathers wanted a separation of church and state.  But I may be wrong. Addie has fallen hard and aligns with her headship(unsurprising). DJT was one of the best US president they’ve ever had, voter fraud is real and wide spread, oh an Joe Biden is a pedophile who’s been caught on tape touching young girls. Do they feel themselves loosing the abortion argument and this new found obsession with finding and unmasking pedophilia (in the most obvious of places: the Democratic Party) is their new cause? 

No stories or updates on where Sam, Jeremiah Campana and others are. I’d like to imagine they’re now wanted by the authorities because they were part of the storming of the Capitol. It would have given Sam his moment to be the cowboy/manly man he’s always armed and “prepared” to be and will show them there are very real consequences for their terrorist actions. But I’m sure they weren’t and they’re slinking home to Georgia/Florida to complain about how unfair it all is. 

Oh my final thought was based on everyone’s stories the S’mortons are in person voters. Sam was already off to DC so I wonder if he and Alyssa voted early or didn’t vote.... but it was voter fraud that they lost ? 

I saw it and the friend/follower reply back was great, Adeline or Martha did not replied to that last reply because what can they say? Nothing factual obviously.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I saw it and the friend/follower reply back was great, Adeline or Martha did not replied to that last reply because what can they say? Nothing factual obviously.

Her replies are so telling. What's your evidence? "Well it's so obvious, it's not even a debate, if you don't already believe you need to repent and find God." This is the outgrowth of a theology that tells you to embrace your crank pastor's niche interpretation of scripture as incontrovertible truth, to fully submit to the claims of anyone who's trusted in your community and immediately reject any contradictory evidence from outside the group. There's no argument, just a rejection of the evil forces beyond your little circle. Because what's important is not to be right but to be loyal and unquestioning.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Noquiver said:

Martha feels the US constitution is based on the bible which I, as an ignorant non-American thought could not be true as the founding fathers wanted a separation of church and state.

No. No, the US Constitution is not based on the bible nor was the USA founded as a Christian nation.

These are very common lies peddled across a wide swath of conservative (white) Christianity in the US. They are wrong.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Noquiver said:

Joe Biden is a pedophile who’s been caught on tape touching young girls. Do they feel themselves loosing the abortion argument and this new found obsession with finding and unmasking pedophilia (in the most obvious of places: the Democratic Party) is their new cause? 

Do the S'Mortons really want to go there? Accusing people they have never even met, without a shred of evidence, of pedophilia?

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, fundiefan said:

It's got to be tough to ride the coattails of others and convince yourself it's you.

I agree with everything you said, but I don't think she needs to do much convincing since I don't think Martha ever reflects on the things she was taught, who she is or the world beyond the compound. I think that this would be too challenging for her.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Do the S'Mortons really want to go there? Accusing people they have never even met, without a shred of evidence, of pedophilia?

I think this is an interesting point. Are they perhaps less surprised by QAnon because of their own confirmation bias because of Alan? Like how the Duggar’s said the kind of sexual assault SP did was super common in most families, which does appear to be more prevalent in IBLP families because it’s a cult founded by a sexual abuser? Or are they grasping at these straws to feel less bad about themselves and how they let the victim(s) down by welcoming him into the family and not seeing it for... years?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Noquiver said:

I think this is an interesting point. Are they perhaps less surprised by QAnon because of their own confirmation bias because of Alan? Like how the Duggar’s said the kind of sexual assault SP did was super common in most families, which does appear to be more prevalent in IBLP families because it’s a cult founded by a sexual abuser? Or are they grasping at these straws to feel less bad about themselves and how they let the victim(s) down by welcoming him into the family and not seeing it for... years?

Or maybe they secretly feel guilty that they likely went years without seeing Alan for the pedophile that he is and want to now do something to make it right? 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Noquiver said:

Are they perhaps less surprised by QAnon because of their own confirmation bias because of Alan?

Hard to say. Self-examination is extremely rare among fundies. Actually, only ex-fundies seem to have developed that capacity.

Is it possible that Alan was hiding and assaulting minors in plain sight for years while surrounded by S'Mortons? Yes. We'll never know, but I suspect that Alan was stopped because someone caught him actually assaulting a victim. Recall that the available court records indicate that he committed multiple crimes in at least two jurisdictions.

We'll also never know if, before he was caught in mid-crime, one or more of his victims tried to tell the adults in their lives what Alan had done to them. Because of "first time obedience," "keeping sweet," and all the other nauseating fundie child-rearing practices, no one listened and no one believed them.

IMO, while the SʻMortons deserve minimal credit for supporting Katie & her children once all was known, they are never ever going to examine the beliefs and family culture that created the environment that allowed Alan to flourish as a pedophile.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Hard to say. Self-examination is extremely rare among fundies. Actually, only ex-fundies seem to have developed that capacity.

Is it possible that Alan was hiding and assaulting minors in plain sight for years while surrounded by S'Mortons? Yes. We'll never know, but I suspect that Alan was stopped because someone caught him actually assaulting a victim. Recall that the available court records indicate that he committed multiple crimes in at least two jurisdictions.

We'll also never know if, before he was caught in mid-crime, one or more of his victims tried to tell the adults in their lives what Alan had done to them. Because of "first time obedience," "keeping sweet," and all the other nauseating fundie child-rearing practices, no one listened and no one believed them.

IMO, while the SʻMortons deserve minimal credit for supporting Katie & her children once all was known, they are never ever going to examine the beliefs and family culture that created the environment that allowed Alan to flourish as a pedophile.

This. Self examination by people who believe their god is involved in every detail of their lives is not only not done, I don't believe it's possible. 

If your god is so involved in your life he/she chooses your partner, saves you from accidents, provides money *just* as you're reaching desperation, gives you babies (or not), dictates how you dress, live, think, believe; who you "submit" to, who you judge, how you make your damn coffee in the morning - - - this is not a way of life that even has a notion to look inward. You never question your actions or choices because you give all responsibility to your god. You ain't responsible for shit; your god does everything. To teach you a lesson, to test you, to show you how faithful (WTF) he/she is. 

If you can justify bad shit in life by it being god's will or purpose or whatever, you are not going to look at yourself - ever. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 1/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

2021 is already starting to look better than the shit show that was 2020. I hate to say it but I got used to the feeling of hopelessness. I’m sort of afraid to hope now in 2021 because I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Ugh.

I'm catching up on FJ posts from this week and put a laugh emoji on this because it's tragically funny how all our emotions changed on Wednesday within a span of hours, with a Georgia family like the Mortons making that obvious. 

Have we heard from any of the Mortons since about the insurrection? 

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I'm catching up on FJ posts from this week and put a laugh emoji on this because it's tragically funny how all our emotions changed on Wednesday within a span of hours, with a Georgia family like the Mortons making that obvious. 

I knew the other shoe would drop. I know I’m a pessimist. But the other damn shoe always drops!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I knew the other shoe would drop. I know I’m a pessimist. But the other damn shoe always drops!

I was waiting for the shoe to drop. Knew it was coming. And know more is still to come. 

You don't try to stop violent people - you either DO stop them or you deal with them again and again. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

Martha and Kressant have been posting the usual fundie memes about the various conspiracies they believe in. I had stopped following any Mortons but current events prompted me to recheck. I'm sorry I did. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Martha and Kressant have been posting the usual fundie memes about the various conspiracies they believe in. I had stopped following any Mortons but current events prompted me to recheck. I'm sorry I did. 

Their ignorance is breathtaking. It makes me glad two Morton families live in Paraguay and Martha only has one daughter. Her ignorance is so strong I can’t imagine passing it on to 12 more little Mortons.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Adeline's long awaited beloved headship is a piece of f*cking work. I no loner see IG stuff, but I still had a lot of FB pages marked. I have been slowly going through my favorites to remove them and today I saw his page in the process. 

He's also not very smart or educated or lost all the spelling bee's or maybe all the above. 

Michael Holloway

JanludtaroSmy 6 amtdmpt 5olnhS:rs0mo9 PheldredigsMln  · 

All i have to say to every american.

Be sure your sins will find you out....

For what you have done in this nation against its people and its heritage you will pay 100 fold.

You will reap every bit and more of what you have sown.

Long live the True Uninted States of America!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

The "True Uninted [sic] States of America" - alrighty.. wow. He REALLY is a piece of work. And he fits perfectly into the Morton clan.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Frankie Campana posted a story that is of a baby monkey(I think who appears to be a pet.) Are you allowed to own monkeys in the US? Or I guess technically are you allowed to own monkeys in Florida? I hate exotic pet ownership personally so fundies are the worst again in my book. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Frankie Campana posted a story that is of a baby monkey(I think who appears to be a pet.) Are you allowed to own monkeys in the US? Or I guess technically are you allowed to own monkeys in Florida? I hate exotic pet ownership personally so fundies are the worst again in my book. 

Florida is (of course) one of only a few states that let people "own" certain monkeys. They do have to get a license or permit though.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20210120-142451.thumb.png.8faa334dbcd3c6eda0a87413107947d9.png

Wonder which Morton this is a direct response to? ? (The correct answer is "All of them").

Also, it's ironic that she would use a gif of a pansexual TV character when she would love to take away LGBTQ rights.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic