IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

14 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Agree and add: all her children seem really thin and more than a few look look like they have a slightly inward turning eye. I hope that they see a doctor for a proper assessment but I doubt it. K is too busy gestating or doing her crafting. Presumably the crafts are for sale but all of it looks pretty amateurish ie fine for personal use but who would buy it?

I’m really glad Kress hasn’t announced a pregnancy yet. Her youngest is 2. I hope this means they won’t have many more.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m really glad Kress hasn’t announced a pregnancy yet. Her youngest is 2. I hope this means they won’t have many more.

Kress doesn't seem to announce,  we just see a picture of her on someone else's profile looking Uber pregnant.  I wish she'd be done but she's in her early 30's so most likely there will be several more to come. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm also really worried about Kressant's kids. She seems to have even less education than Alyssa. Her kids won't have a good education and live in the middle of nowhere. So how will they get jobs and so on?

No worries. The boys can do construction and the girls just need to know how to birth and take care of babies.

5 hours ago, teachergirl said:

I have said this before, the Mortons and their ilk scare me. I cannot think of any other family we follow ( maybe the Seppis) that marry so quickly, breed and are so willfully ignorant. They are living out Geoff Botkin's 200 Hundred Year plan.  A bunch of poorly educated young people having children young and then continuing the cycle.  Have you ever read Bethany Smith Lane's posts? They are just as bad as the rest of them with spelling, grammar, etc.  It makes me sad, I dare say "most" of us would want differently for our own children, we would not want to keep up with the teenage marriage/breeding for Jesus. Not these people...

And we thought maybe they were getting smarter after the Alan debacle (because at least they didn't rugsweep that, and they have supported Katie post-divorce) but it seems like everybody else is racing to the altar and pushing out as many kids as possible just as if nothing ever happened.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Bethy said:

No worries. The boys can do construction and the girls just need to know how to birth and take care of babies.

And we thought maybe they were getting smarter after the Alan debacle (because at least they didn't rugsweep that, and they have supported Katie post-divorce) but it seems like everybody else is racing to the altar and pushing out as many kids as possible just as if nothing ever happened.

I never really thought they were getting smarter, or that they'd learn anything from forcing their daughter to marry Alan & how that turned out. 

Not tolerating the sexual abuse of children is about as low as the bar can get. They didn't have to actually evaluate anything or their beliefs or values. And they most certainly didn't because there is no way in hell they'd see that their beliefs open the door for abuse of all kinds against the women & children in their sphere. For them, Alan was a one - off and all their vitriol is for him personally (justifiably) and his parents - - when it really needs to go much further & examined deeper. That will never happen. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I never really thought they were getting smarter, or that they'd learn anything from forcing their daughter to marry Alan & how that turned out. 

Not tolerating the sexual abuse of children is about as low as the bar can get. They didn't have to actually evaluate anything or their beliefs or values. And they most certainly didn't because there is no way in hell they'd see that their beliefs open the door for abuse of all kinds against the women & children in their sphere. For them, Alan was a one - off and all their vitriol is for him personally (justifiably) and his parents - - when it really needs to go much further & examined deeper. That will never happen. 

Obviously we'll never know the answer to this, but I do wonder how many families like the Mortons DID rugsweep sexual abuse of children in years past and/or blame the wife for "not meeting her husband's needs" or whatever. The fact that they did go the legal route and Alan is in prison (where he absolutely belongs) is indeed a very low bar but it is a higher bar than some families would meet, I fear. Look at the legal issues that have dogged churches like Sovereign Grace where sexual abuse was covered up by pastors and other elders outside the families who knew what was going on and kept it hushed anyway. It happened and I'm confident we only know the tip of the iceberg.

• Upvote 12

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.17e52143647e88d61c4471a64fea9e2d.jpeg

I’m trying to do this better, again not super clear on the rules but I was watching welcome to Plathville this evening and Micah was skateboarding with a friend he’s know “forever” which peaked my interest. His name is Ashburn and they used to go to church together before the Plaths left the church. I’m sorry for the poor quality of the screenshot but I am suspicious that this could be Ashburn Robert’s, brother of Campbell?  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, Noquiver said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.17e52143647e88d61c4471a64fea9e2d.jpeg

I’m trying to do this better, again not super clear on the rules but I was watching welcome to Plathville this evening and Micah was skateboarding with a friend he’s know “forever” which peaked my interest. His name is Ashburn and they used to go to church together before the Plaths left the church. I’m sorry for the poor quality of the screenshot but I am suspicious that this could be Ashburn Robert’s, brother of Campbell?  

That’s definitely Ashburn Roberts. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm also really worried about Kressant's kids. She seems to have even less education than Alyssa. Her kids won't have a good education and live in the middle of nowhere. So how will they get jobs and so on?

They can't, and that's the entire point.  The dumber and more isolated you keep them, the less likely they are to leave the cult should they ever start questioning.   Even if they wanted to leave, they won't have the skills or tools to do so easily.

Edited by dramallama
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, browngrl said:

Agree and add: all her children seem really thin and more than a few look look like they have a slightly inward turning eye. I hope that they see a doctor for a proper assessment but I doubt it. K is too busy gestating or doing her crafting. Presumably the crafts are for sale but all of it looks pretty amateurish ie fine for personal use but who would buy it?

Her crafting doesn't look good at all.
And I agree - she probably won't take her kids to a doctor. Money seems really tight and I'm afraid they might not be able to feed all their kids once the older boys are hungry teenager.

• Upvote 4

Yeah, education isn't much of a priority for the Mortons. The boys were all taught to join the family construction business, nothing more. The girls were taught to breed. 

Wesley seems to be doing better in Paraguay than Mike. Of course, Wesley & Rachel don't post everything on IG like Kressant does so not a lot is seen of them. But, from the looks of it, and Kressant's very sad attempts at making money with "crafting" are kind of telling. I am no crafter and more of my attempts at doing so fail than succeed. But, I am aware of that and don't try to make money with mediocre, at best, crap.

Then again - I don't have to. I am not stuck at home, home-skooling a shit ton of kids as directed by my religion/husband with a desperate need to generate income without leaving the house.

• I Agree 7

On 12/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, browngrl said:

For all the fundies we follow, her kids (and Katie's while she was married) just seem to be dirty/unkempt in a way that seems beyond the normal kid dirt. None of the other siblings seem that way. Even Rachel's kids when they show up seem cleaner and better cared for. 

I saw that she did post the bunk room and I'm glad to be proved wrong. I didn't expect actual beds for any but the oldest. I'm guessing the girls have a similar space. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

For all the fundies we follow, her kids (and Katie's while she was married) just seem to be dirty/unkempt in a way that seems beyond the normal kid dirt. None of the other siblings seem that way. Even Rachel's kids when they show up seem cleaner and better cared for. 

I saw that she did post the bunk room and I'm glad to be proved wrong. I didn't expect actual beds for any but the oldest. I'm guessing the girls have a similar space. 

You’re right. The kids look like they are always dirty and the clothing is pretty dingy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Yeah, education isn't much of a priority for the Mortons. The boys were all taught to join the family construction business, nothing more. The girls were taught to breed. 

And since they're all stuck in Paraguay for the foreseeable future, it doesn't seem that any of the kids -- even the boys -- will be able to do much for themselves apart from following their parents' talibangelical beliefs.

Question: if none of the S'Morton adults are citizens of Paraguay, can the children inherit or acquire any property in-country from their parents? I don't know what the Paraguay S'Mortons' immigration statuses are nor do I know anything about how owning & conveying land in Paraguay might work for non-citizens.

My point in bringing this up is that if, down the road, there's no legal way to convey that property, it's not clear how the adult children would make even as much of a living as their feckless parents.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, JMO said:

He looks just like Campbell.

I was thinking he looks just like Marty. But the Roberts kids all have a lot of the same features.

• Upvote 2

On 12/17/2020 at 1:49 AM, ophelia said:

I find her athletic skills quite impressive, but damn she comes across really really scary. I can't quite put my finger on it, but if I ever met her in real life I would be scared.

Yeah, for me it's letting her 2 year old stand in the middle of a car going down a highway outside the car seat and then freaking out on people when they dared say something. Not much scarier than watching supposedly pro-life fundies put their precious blessings in danger like that, after that I'm convinced she's both dumb as dirt and an evil bitch to boot.

• Upvote 6

On 12/18/2020 at 9:05 PM, freethemall said:

Yeah, for me it's letting her 2 year old stand in the middle of a car going down a highway outside the car seat and then freaking out on people when they dared say something. Not much scarier than watching supposedly pro-life fundies put their precious blessings in danger like that, after that I'm convinced she's both dumb as dirt and an evil bitch to boot.

Dumb, maybe. Not sure about evil. Might just be living in a past that doesn't exist anymore. When I was a kid and my family took long trips we would get out of seats and move around in our van. Breastfeeding on trips was no issue - someone would just unbuckle the resident baby from the seat and pass him/her to Mom. She even brought a kids' potty on board so if one of the littles had to pee, they could do so without necessitating a stop. These are all things I would NEVER do with my daughter today but that's because I have kept up with the changing times and laws and safety requirements and I'm not trying to raise my daughter the way I was raised decades ago just because "we did it, and WE SURVIVED."

• Upvote 9

I know this is the Morton thread, but I can't find the Smith thread... and it is loosely related... but has anyone seen any news about Sitara and Madara Smith?  I think last time Madara was working as a nanny or something in someone else's house and Sitara was in a real school? 

I hope they are both ok.  I worry about them both, and all the kids still living with the Captain...

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Insertwittiernamehere said:

I know this is the Morton thread, but I can't find the Smith thread... and it is loosely related... but has anyone seen any news about Sitara and Madara Smith?  I think last time Madara was working as a nanny or something in someone else's house and Sitara was in a real school? 

I hope they are both ok.  I worry about them both, and all the kids still living with the Captain...

I haven’t seen anything lately. I don’t think Madara lives at home. And I hope Sitara is still in public school. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think Madara lives at home.

According to Jackie's & Madara's FB info, Madara is not living at home. She's in another town about 45-50 minutes away.

Sitara appears to be living with Bret & Jackie, and it looks like Yerik's facial surgery has gone well so far. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Jackie was getting rid of a bunch of homeschool supplies on FB. I know most of her kids are grown. But I can’t imagine taking the time to put Sitara in high school and then yanking her out. I bet she still goes to public high school. I hope there are other black kids she can be friends with. She seems to always be surrounded by white fundies. I hate when white fundies adopt children of a different race and just pretend they are fine surrounded by white people and never talk about their being a POC. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate when white fundies adopt children of a different race and just pretend they are fine surrounded by white people and never talk about their being a POC.

Particularly when they're outright neoconfederates like the Smortons. I really hope Sitara has some supportive Black adults and classmates in her life now.

• Upvote 8

Kressant posted pics of their church visiting a nursing home and singing to them. That’s literally the worst idea I’ve heard in a long time. It’s like they are trying to give a bunch of elderly people covid. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic