IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

14 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I'm just glad I unfollowed them all. You don't realize how much you internalize assholery until you remove it from your life. No more bigoted, Qanon, entitled little white boy BS showing up in any of my feeds. I have been happily scrolling through pictures on IG, no Qanon, News Max, Fox or trump crap, hate or lies. My faith in humanity is making steps back as I no longer see, every day, how utterly stupid and hate filled humans can be. 

Should have done it long ago. But like so much else, that shit creeps on you before you realize it's to be run from, not followed. 

I couldn't agree more with you!!
Instead of following fundies I now follow a lot of recipe accounts.. I might get fat, but at least I'm not seeing all their hate and conspiracy bullshit on a daily base.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Alyssa said she was at the birth of Josiah Jr so it must’ve been a homebirth. A hospital wouldn’t have allowed her in a hospital room with her. 

• Upvote 3

Addie posted a bunch of wedding pics. Highlight is a giant group shot with all 100 or so guests packed shoulder-to-shoulder at the front of the church. They're very, very lucky that no one got sick.

• I Agree 2

8 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Addie posted a bunch of wedding pics. Highlight is a giant group shot with all 100 or so guests packed shoulder-to-shoulder at the front of the church. They're very, very lucky that no one got sick.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some did get sick. Just not sick enough to die. It’s as if these people only make a big deal out of Covid if someone they know die. Otherwise they don’t care.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some did get sick. Just not sick enough to die. It’s as if these people only make a big deal out of Covid if someone they know die. Otherwise they don’t care.

This is my thought too. Unless Papa Morton is half dead in the hospital we will have no idea if they get it.

• Upvote 5

No doubt they and/or others in their sphere have had Covid. They have just been fortunate enough to have a mild case so they most likely pretended it was a cold or flu and moved on as though the world is as shiny & perfect as their imaginary bubble. 

And that is the danger. Not because everyone who gets it will die. In fact, a large percentage will not. But, a large enough portion of the human population will not only get serious symptoms, they can die. In an effort to protect those people, decent human beings wear masks, stay home, socially distance, and do their part to help protect others. It's almost as if it's something Jesus would do. 

But, since trump refuses to acknowledge it and has half his gop minions are doing the same, fundies follow suit. Protect those fetuses and don't let anyone take their lives because god says so or Jesus or the bible or, hey, they themselves say so - , but people already walking the planet? Nah, our "rights" trump what Jesus would do. Literally. Their lives are not important enough for a godly kristchen to stay home and live in a way that could possibly benefit others

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Unless Papa Morton is half dead in the hospital we will have no idea if they get it.

Even then, they wouldn't admit it was COVID-19. We'd just be seeing endless vague-posting with entreaties to "the Lord" to heal him.

I also think it's quite likely that at least a handful of wedding guests, probably more, became or were infected with COVID-19. The virus is a ferocious spreader -- it is unbelievably efficient at what it does. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And that is the danger. Not because everyone who gets it will die. In fact, a large percentage will not. But, a large enough portion of the human population will not only get serious symptoms, they can die.

You are right and here is another consideration that we will never see fundies think about: the toll covid is taking on health care workers and support staff. It is all well and good to count empty ICU beds but to mean anything you need people  and these people are exhausted- physically and emotionally. When it was just New York, health care workers could come from other places to help but now everywhere is affected. You can't just conjure up an ICU nurse or ICU doctor - this is a specialized skill set that takes years and much training. So what happens when the health care line breaks - we all suffer.

On top of this - so many resources are being diverted to treat the severely ill covid patients that these resources are not available to treat other conditions. This would be ok if the number of covid patients was low but it is staggeringly high. 

I am enraged by people who can't even bother to wear a mask or socially distance or people who refuse a vaccine for the garbage reasons anti vaxxers use. Isn't 300K deaths enough for them to take action? I guess not. Anyway I'll give covid this: it has shown me who people are - both good and bad. I won't forget.

Edited by browngrl
corrected "form" to "from"
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

17 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Even then, they wouldn't admit it was COVID-19. We'd just be seeing endless vague-posting with entreaties to "the Lord" to heal him.

I also think it's quite likely that at least a handful of wedding guests, probably more, became or were infected with COVID-19. The virus is a ferocious spreader -- it is unbelievably efficient at what it does. 

I truly believe that most of the fundies we talk about have had it and spread it around. Of course they will never claim any part of spreading it to someone who ended up in the hospital. For all we know, Jill’s mom could have spread it to Pastor Kevan! But no one would ever admit it. Nope. They will all live in complete denial. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Kress was posting antiCOVID, antivax crap this morning.  I muted her.  I'm going through the rest of my list too.  I can't take the crap anymore. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, JMO said:

Kress was posting antiCOVID, antivax crap this morning.  I muted her.  I'm going through the rest of my list too.  I can't take the crap anymore. 

I’m just glad she and Rachel live outside of the US in what seems like a very rural area of Paraguay. Hopefully those morons aren’t spreading covid around Paraguay. 

• Upvote 5

Campbell posted a picture with Carlin and Layla. Those two couples would be friends. Both seem like immature fundie kids who got married and pregnant too young. They have a lot in common.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Kressant is not the sharpest tool in the Morton shed. I sincerely doubt she even knows what she is posting against - she hears the manly men in her life bitch & whine & she just parrots them. Even in fundie land where girls are not properly educated, she's a dull one. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Campbell posted a picture with Carlin and Layla. Those two couples would be friends. Both seem like immature fundie kids who got married and pregnant too young. They have a lot in common.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  Campbell seems like the perfect companion to Carlin.  She's the polar opposite to Joy, aside from the toxic beliefs and lovin their menfolk.  The Joy/Carlin match seems more like your childhood bestfriend match up. 

• Upvote 4

So am I one of the only ones still following some of the Mortons? I mostly follow Campbell and Alyssa, the second generation. The young wives are a bit more tolerable than the sons. Except Keni, she's an asshole.

Alyssa recently had a set of stories where she confirmed she will homeschool her litter. This was in the same set of stories filling with wrong use of there/they're. I kind of understand confusing there/their, but they're is so obvious I truly dont understand how someone doesnt put it in a sentence like "it's so great they're " without reading "it's so great they are".

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

@freethemall i still follow the young wives and I saw that.  I call bullshit that she can tailor education to each kid when they are all one after the next. She'll go full Michelle Duggar at some point and all the kids will learn the same thing at the same time. 

• I Agree 5

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

Except Keni, she's an asshole.

I find her athletic skills quite impressive, but damn she comes across really really scary. I can't quite put my finger on it, but if I ever met her in real life I would be scared.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, freethemall said:

Alyssa recently had a set of stories where she confirmed she will homeschool her litter. This was in the same set of stories filling with wrong use of there/they're.

She's mixing up "then" and "than", too. ? Those kids are doomed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I'm also really worried about Kressant's kids. She seems to have even less education than Alyssa. Her kids won't have a good education and live in the middle of nowhere. So how will they get jobs and so on?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I have said this before, the Mortons and their ilk scare me. I cannot think of any other family we follow ( maybe the Seppis) that marry so quickly, breed and are so willfully ignorant. They are living out Geoff Botkin's 200 Hundred Year plan.  A bunch of poorly educated young people having children young and then continuing the cycle.  Have you ever read Bethany Smith Lane's posts? They are just as bad as the rest of them with spelling, grammar, etc.  It makes me sad, I dare say "most" of us would want differently for our own children, we would not want to keep up with the teenage marriage/breeding for Jesus. Not these people...

• Upvote 9

The Mortons are starting to remind me of the Nogs a bit. With the education portion. Actually the way they described growing up while building their house reminds me of the Nogs. They lived in tents for awhile. They are basically the Nogs with construction skills. So they can actually build real homes. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm also really worried about Kressant's kids

Agree and add: all her children seem really thin and more than a few look look like they have a slightly inward turning eye. I hope that they see a doctor for a proper assessment but I doubt it. K is too busy gestating or doing her crafting. Presumably the crafts are for sale but all of it looks pretty amateurish ie fine for personal use but who would buy it?

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic