IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

They also posted pictures from the village's annual tree lighting.  Lots of people tightly packed together and nary a mask in sight. 

• Upvote 1

Of course they didn't do anything different. They are Qanon followers, as well as evangelical trumpers who believe their religion & "rights" are being infringed upon by being asked to wear masks & limit crowd sizes. That makes for "business as usual" for willful idiots. Ain't no (non trump) gubment or fake virus gonna' stop me from living my life for jebus. And, bonus, they're all up in your face about it because, Morton. 

• Upvote 8

Two things: Lise Morton predictably had some of her children create headdresses for Thanksgiving.

It is Kennedy's birthday and Martha ( bless her heart) hashtagged "supper mom" in her IG. It frightens me that these people homeschool.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Two things: Lise Morton predictably had some of her children create headdresses for Thanksgiving.

It is Kennedy's birthday and Martha ( bless her heart) hashtagged "supper mom" in her IG. It frightens me that these people homeschool.

Have you read Kressant's IG posts? I unfollowed her long before the rest of them even because I literally could not take it anymore. Her English abilities are abysmal. Then she tries to mix in the little bit of Spanish she picked up and even that is bad. It's like she hears the words in Spanish but writes them how she thinks they sound or something. Now she claims to be learning German. Abuse of three languages should be against the law or something. 

• Upvote 9

13 hours ago, JMO said:

According to Campbell's IG they went to the movies for her bday and were *shocker* the only ones there.

They are the only people dumb enough to go to a theater right now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, JMO said:

According to Campbell's IG they went to the movies for her bday and were *shocker* the only ones there.

I didn't even realize theaters were open. I just looked in our area, and some are open, to my surprise. I never would have even thought of going to a movie even I had known some were open. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I didn't even realize theaters were open. I just looked in our area, and some are open, to my surprise. I never would have even thought of going to a movie even I had known some were open. 

The Regal, AMC, and Cinemark chains in my area are "closed indefinitely", as is the little family-run theatre in the next town over, which is always my first choice when I want to watch a movie. I'm worried about the future of that theatre, actually. I don't know how long the new owners can keep making payments.

• I Agree 2

Just now, anjulibai said:

Anyone else surprised Alyssa hasn't announced a pregnancy yet? Little Quentin is almost 9 months now. 

Does she usually announce? I feel like she doesn’t announce. We just see her with a bump and assume. I kind of assume she’s currently pregnant. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

The last time she did announce on ig like 2 or 3 Months before she gave birth, but that was months after we had already figured it out because she commented it on someone’s ig.

I think this time it’ll be similar... we’ll probably figure it out before she says anything. 

Yeez I really hope the age gaps keep getting bigger. I remember how relieved I was when Quentin wasn’t due in December yet again... even thought the age gap is still so small lol 

• Upvote 2

On 11/27/2020 at 11:22 AM, JMO said:

Surprising no one it looks like they did a huge Morton Thanksgiving.  

In Addie’s photos there were the Deckers, her friend who moved to Georgia from... I think maybe Africa but I can’t find the post and I don’t want to be playing into stereotypes. I understand they’re a large family but that seems like a pretty huge Morton thanksgiving to me?

Kressant just posted this utter tripe on IG.

Now, I don't know what her source is, but it's complete and utter bullshit. There is a new Infection Protection Law, but it's mostly there to make sure the government's regulations have a  sound democratic basis. Nothing like what she claims here. ?

And yeah, a few of our resident  COVID deniers have drawn comparisons to the Nazi era, but there's been a huge backlash to that from everyone else - and rightly so!  (there was a young protester who had the nerve to compare herself to Sophie Scholl, and she was criticised and ridiculed everywhere). Germans tend to be very leery of comparisons with the Nazis - we know that there's very little that compares to the horrors of that time.

4A303011-E72F-45B6-B29C-9093764B57CE.jpeg

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 3

Most countries have mandatory 14 day quarantine when travelers enter. 

In the US, there is mandatory quarantine between some states. Hawaii is one for sure, as a friend's daughter moved there this summer to start Grad School. She spent two weeks in a hotel being quarantined, fed three meals a day, with tv and wifi and all modern conveniences. Not so much a camp as a comfortable place to wait out a process that could save lives. 

The US and Canada, as well as many, many countries worldwide, have quarantine stations at ports of entry. Like Hawaii, a lot of these "stations" are hotels. 

If any of the Paraguayan Mortons were to come to the US, they would have to quarantine. However, since they have family here, they would have a place to do that quarantine. Never mind that they wouldn't, but as far as government control of the situation goes, the fact that they have a place to do so (on their honor) is enough.  Not all people who travel have family or friends in their destination, so they are provided a place to quarantine. 

I can't imagine what life is like when every single thing is a personal attack or nefarious. To be so obsessed with "someone telling me what to do" that everything is automatically a Hitler level attack out to get you. 

Lack of education means you don't know enough to reason or process. You can't compare, contrast, evaluate. You can't see anything for what it is - it is all out to ruin your life & take away your rights, religion, kids, whatever. Lack of education leads to fear. 

Educated people know how to look for further information. When the Internet is at your fingertips, there is zero reason to freak out about "quarantine camps" as though people are herded into barracks and housed in inhumane conditions. 

I guess when you're homeschooled with god you don't need no stinking education and can believe what you want. 

It's sad, really. And in the case of Kressant, I'm glad she's in Paraguay. No doubt she is getting that shit from her US family, because the Mortons are Qanon to their core, but at least she has already left. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Ah, yes, well if it's from noted political analyst, historian, and trusted source for all things news @rawjuiceguru, I will definitely skip fact-checking these claims or even a simple Google search, they must be true.  After all, someone said it on the internet.  Kressant really is as dumb as her name,

• Upvote 6

She's posted more similar BS since she posted that one.  I skip on over it.  I fully admit that I'm there for the kid pictures and the landscape pictures. 

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Lack of education means you don't know enough to reason or process. You can't compare, contrast, evaluate. You can't see anything for what it is - it is all out to ruin your life & take away your rights, religion, kids, whatever. Lack of education leads to fear. 

All this, and yet these asshats want to impose similar levels of pig-ignorance and fear on all the rest of us in the name of Christian theocracy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I’m not sure if this is the correct way to insert this photo but Alyssa posted a bunch of stories of the family decorating for Christmas and seeing Sam open carrying in his own house, surrounded by his young children and wife, on the giant family property... both chilled me to the bone and didn’t surprise me at all. These people are dangerous but I believe it’s more likely that there will be an accidental shooting(that may involve a godly blessing) then he’ll “pRoTeCt hIs RiGhTs”. 

1BEDAB36-662D-41DE-AB9B-BA75346BAB8E.png

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

These people are dangerous but I believe it’s more likely that there will be an accidental shooting(that may involve a godly blessing) then he’ll “pRoTeCt hIs RiGhTs”.

Interesting, isn't it, how we calculate risks on the basis of exciting cinematic fantasies and not actual probability? This guy would looove to be the cowboy confronting a burglar who decides that the best time to break in is while the family is decorating a Christmas tree (??). He plays it out in his head all the time, because it's *fun.* He wants it to happen so he can show off his manly posture and his cool toy. Securing guns around children isn't fun or exciting, so he never considers it.

A few years back I lived in this total death-trap apartment. It was in a rickety old building that was absolutely not up to code in any way. Century-old light switches, weird outlets, holes in the walls. There was one exit and the hallway leading to it was unusually narrow, to the point that people who came over would always comment on it. But the one thing the landlord did remember to do: bars on all the windows! I'm no actuary, but at one point I did some back-of-envelope math and I'm pretty sure I was at much greater risk of dying in a fire with those bars on the windows than I was of being confronted by a bad guy without them. But fixing the wiring and adding a point of egress is boring; installing bars is easy and visible and makes people think about action-movie shit. Same thinking that drives gun nuts and other tough-on-crime types. I'm sick of it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Interesting, isn't it, how we calculate risks on the basis of exciting cinematic fantasies and not actual probability? This guy would looove to be the cowboy confronting a burglar who decides that the best time to break in is while the family is decorating a Christmas tree (??). He plays it out in his head all the time, because it's *fun.* He wants it to happen so he can show off his manly posture and his cool toy. Securing guns around children isn't fun or exciting, so he never considers it.

A few years back I lived in this total death-trap apartment. It was in a rickety old building that was absolutely not up to code in any way. Century-old light switches, weird outlets, holes in the walls. There was one exit and the hallway leading to it was unusually narrow, to the point that people who came over would always comment on it. But the one thing the landlord did remember to do: bars on all the windows! I'm no actuary, but at one point I did some back-of-envelope math and I'm pretty sure I was at much greater risk of dying in a fire with those bars on the windows than I was of being confronted by a bad guy without them. But fixing the wiring and adding a point of egress is boring; installing bars is easy and visible and makes people think about action-movie shit. Same thinking that drives gun nuts and other tough-on-crime types. I'm sick of it.

The Mortons are very into their version of manly men. To them, boys with guns makes them men. Boys  guns strapped to their hip while decorating the Xmas tree with their wife & 4 children under 4  are Manly Men. 

They live in an over the barn apartment, on a family compound. Their only neighbors are their family. WHO is going to break into their apartment above the barn & threaten his family? Who would go there first, and skip over the free standing homes on the compound? And how would someone get through all the manly men on the compound to climb the stairs to the barn's upper apartment in the first place? 

There is zero logic or reason in these kinds of people. Their only reasons for doing what they do is because they can and there are people who think they shouldn't, so they're gonna' show them!!! and wear those guns everywhere because... naner-naner-boo-boo Pffffttttt we can, dammit and you can't stop us!!!!!!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic