Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nelliebelle1197

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

Recommended Posts

dramallama

I'm sure they also tell themselves it's to fight off the ebil gubmint when TEH LIBS come to take them to Obama's FEMA death panel camps, which is hilarious, because the idea of the Morton clan of bumbling morons with their pew-pews standing up to the US government's drone weapons is pure comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

The Mortons like so many fundies are so very sure that in an emergency situation they will stay calm. A few brilliant people will naturally  do a good job in managing potentially life threatening emergencies that require split second decisions but the majority of people will need proper training and lots and lots of practice before they don't just add to the problem.

I'm sure Sam is entirely confident he'll be Dirty Harry when in reality he'll probably just end up making a huge mistake that he'll never take responsibility for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
25 minutes ago, browngrl said:

The Mortons like so many fundies are so very sure that in an emergency situation they will stay calm. A few brilliant people will naturally  do a good job in managing potentially life threatening emergencies that require split second decisions but the majority of people will need proper training and lots and lots of practice before they don't just add to the problem.

I'm sure Sam is entirely confident he'll be Dirty Harry when in reality he'll probably just end up making a huge mistake that he'll never take responsibility for.

 

I always thought I did ok in emergency situations but then I had kids. I react completely differently when my kids are the ones in the emergency situation. I basically freak out. I’ve had to work on staying calm when my kids are really hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
4 hours ago, browngrl said:

The Mortons like so many fundies are so very sure that in an emergency situation they will stay calm.

So true. Concealed carry laws are based on these delusions.

There is very little persuasive evidence that concealed, or open, carry laws are deterrents of crime, let alone factors in reducing crime rates. Doesn't stop little man-babies like the Morton males from fantasizing about it, though. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I'm kind of surprised that no Morton kid has yet shot themselves or a sibling/cousin.  They let the boys play with pretend wooden rifles from a young age and when they used to do their Holiday costume balls the boys frequently dressed up as Revolutionary soldiers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy

They'd never acknowledge it if they had, but I wouldn't be surprised at all. Mainly among the younger brothers. The family tends to treat wounds at home, and when all else fails, they turn to the family and friends who have medical training to stitch them up. An incident like that would never be discussed openly.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

It looks like there is a family trip to Colorado.  I'm waiting for pictures of pregnant Campbell skiing. In one IG video it looks like Edwin or one of the other brothers is chilling on the crowded plane maskless. I don't know if I can follow these aholes anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
22 minutes ago, JMO said:

It looks like there is a family trip to Colorado.  I'm waiting for pictures of pregnant Campbell skiing. In one IG video it looks like Edwin or one of the other brothers is chilling on the crowded plane maskless. I don't know if I can follow these aholes anymore.  

I unfollowed them all. No snark is worth allowing such assholery into my life. 

 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I unfollowed the guys but now Kress and the rest of the ladies are irritating me.  Addie was my pet fundie and she rarely posts so I might keep her.  I'm trying eliminate shit from my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia

I've unfollowed all of them. They were getting into my head and I don't need stuff like this right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

I've unfollowed all fundies but today I made the mistake of checking out kansaswife's  instagram (Rachel sister of Beth, maiden name Wissman). Good grief she is full on qanon conspiracy shit today. What a nasty woman. I'm starting to think that the reason she did not get married till she was quite old (for a fundie) was because potential grooms saw this mean streak in her. Her sister Beth likely holds all the same awful beliefs but at least she mostly shuts up about them in public. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi

I have never followed any fundies but I check in on their social media, especially IG, fairly regularly. It's surprising how many of them have public feeds and put endless shit out there along with inane or cringe-worthy personal stuff.

Hadn't seen Rachel's IG before now -- wow, what a piece of work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I have never followed any fundies but I check in on their social media, especially IG, fairly regularly. It's surprising how many of them have public feeds and put endless shit out there along with inane or cringe-worthy personal stuff.

Hadn't seen Rachel's IG before now -- wow, what a piece of work. 

I admit, I liked things so much better before people posted their ignorance on social media for the world to see. It’s not just fundies. It’s everyone. I cringe so much when I look at social media. I remember getting MySpace and Facebook way back in the day. Around 2005 I believe. Back when you needed a college email address to sign up for Facebook and when MySpace was popular. I posted some stupid cringeworthy stuff. But I was in my early 20s and only a few other people you knew in real life ever saw what I wrote. Once Facebook starting letting anyone sign up for an account, I basically learned I shouldn’t post any little thought that popped into my head. Social media isn’t a diary. Because by 2010, everyone was on FB and could read what you wrote. I have never posted anything political or controversial on Facebook. Because no matter what, someone is going to disagree with you or think negatively about you. It never ends well in my experience. So I just stick to fluff. I really wish more people didn’t constantly post rants, conspiracy theories, and that kind of stuff on social media. If I wouldn’t say it in mixed company, I wouldn’t say it on Facebook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dramallama

Ha ha, at least 50% of what I post on Facebook is political.  I've unfriended family members over politics and IDGAF.  My uncle started parroting coronavirus conspiracy theories and defending Trump, my brother called BLM protestors "a bunch of monkeys", I'm done with both of them.  People live and die, thrive and perish daily because of what happens in politics so anyone who thinks it's "uncivil" or who doesn't want to read my rants about people who believe that healthcare isn't a human right are welcome to not read my posts.  I am, however, smart enough to make liberal use of the privacy settings and not use my real last name on Facebook so coworkers, employers, etc can't find me and get butthurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ophelia
15 hours ago, browngrl said:

I've unfollowed all fundies but today I made the mistake of checking out kansaswife's  instagram (Rachel sister of Beth, maiden name Wissman). Good grief she is full on qanon conspiracy shit today. What a nasty woman. I'm starting to think that the reason she did not get married till she was quite old (for a fundie) was because potential grooms saw this mean streak in her. Her sister Beth likely holds all the same awful beliefs but at least she mostly shuts up about them in public. 

Yep, she is getting worse each day. I actually used to like her and had a soft spot for her. I really enjoyed her pictures and the glimpses into her rural/farm everyday life. But I had to unfollow her at the beginning of November.

Bethany is mostly shilling plexus and so is Ruth. IIRC Rachel is the only one that posts like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

Do we know if any of them attended last night's Trump rally in Valdosta? Pretty short drive for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO
15 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Do we know if any of them attended last night's Trump rally in Valdosta? Pretty short drive for them.

Not that I saw but since many of the younguns are skiing in CO that may have kept them from going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lonedn

Yes, one of the boys were there, I forget which one of them it was. They filmed the (soon to be ex) president and first lady as they were exiting the stage, it was on insta stories.

Edited by lonedn
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noquiver

Addie posted to her stories to her fellow Georgians to speak up and share the “truth” about what’s happening in Georgia and voting republican in the run off. And god and stuff. I wonder if she’ll loose any followers or have any engagement with them over this. Her wedding photographer has posted a few things I’ve seen in her stories that seem pro BLM and not very republican. But she might not follow Addie back. It’s so gross that evangelicals have gotten this godly=republican false equivalency in their brains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

Addie posted to her stories to her fellow Georgians to speak up and share the “truth” about what’s happening in Georgia and voting republican in the run off. And god and stuff. I wonder if she’ll loose any followers or have any engagement with them over this. Her wedding photographer has posted a few things I’ve seen in her stories that seem pro BLM and not very republican. But she might not follow Addie back. It’s so gross that evangelicals have gotten this godly=republican false equivalency in their brains. 

I doubt she will get any pushback. Fundies mostly only surround themselves with like minded people. They get to live in an echo chamber. And that’s why it’s so easy for them to think there was voting fraud. Almost everyone they know voted for trump. They thought for sure he would win. And everyone around them believe and push the voting fraud narrative. So it doesn’t seem insane to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They thought for sure he would win. And everyone around them believe and push the voting fraud narrative. So it doesn’t seem insane to them. 

Absolutely true. It's pretty shocking in some cases -- even people who once seemed to be reasonable humans have gone all in on this shite.

OTOH, I am hoping that all of the wacky asshats who live in GA will either boycott the Senate runoff elections because they're so upset or write in tRump or Jesus or something on their ballots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

I'm just glad I unfollowed them all. You don't realize how much you internalize assholery until you remove it from your life. No more bigoted, Qanon, entitled little white boy BS showing up in any of my feeds. I have been happily scrolling through pictures on IG, no Qanon, News Max, Fox or trump crap, hate or lies. My faith in humanity is making steps back as I no longer see, every day, how utterly stupid and hate filled humans can be. 

Should have done it long ago. But like so much else, that shit creeps on you before you realize it's to be run from, not followed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

My faith in humanity is making steps back as I no longer see, every day, how utterly stupid and hate filled humans can be. 

God Himself can't make these things up. Check out the MAGAts at today's DC rally:

If you can't bear listening to these fuckwads, the asshat with megaphone is leading a chant of "Destroy the GOP!" while demanding that his fellow idiots NOT vote for RINOs like Perdue & Loeffler!

Once again, let the assholes get in a fight with each other. Works every time.

Edited by hoipolloi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

God Himself can't make these things up. Check out the MAGAts at today's DC rally:

If you can't bear listening to these fuckwads, the asshat with megaphone is leading a chant of "Destroy the GOP!" while demanding that his fellow idiots NOT vote for RINOs like Perdue & Loeffler!

Once again, let the assholes get in a fight with each other. Works every time.

I agree. Let the republicans fight each other. Maybe that way they will spend less time fighting every little thing Democrats try to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

I am happy to let them tear each other apart & destroy each other. I fear for humanity because of it as I fear for democracy. I don't follow fundie boys or their families anymore, but I still read too much news/media. The deep end has been breached & they'll push & drag each other over. I just hope the rest of us don't get caught in the under current. These fuckers (Mortons aside; they're far too precious to actually do anything) are unbalanced & can cause real harm to real people. 

I don't see the hate& willful ignorance in social media, and that is refreshing and I recommend it. But, I know it's there. My next weaning will be Twitter & news. Learning the balace of what is going on but not bringing it into my life.

Baby steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.