Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nelliebelle1197

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

Recommended Posts

nelliebelle1197
Posted (edited)

Another day, another baby in Mortonville. 

 

 

Edited by Coconut Flan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

Apologies if this is a dumb thing but I think the title of the thread is supposed to say Mortons 3, not Mortons 2 again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I really miss the blogging.  I want her to bring it back to catalog her planning for her nuptials.  I want lots of gauzy photos filled with dappled sunlight.  Lots of squee-ing about dresses and party favors and pictures and Mama/daughter teas and trips to get her nails/hair done (even if it's done at a friends house).  I want lots of emotional posts about Papa Morton and "How so so so good a Daddy we have.  And how the Lord is so so merciful and loving."  And how "Isn't he the bestest Daddy in the WHOLE wide world?!?".  I NEED it to get me through COVID.  I won't settle for a few IG pictures posted by various sisters/inlaws.  

  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

Addie has pinterest boards on wedding and future home stuff if anyone wants to check them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
3 hours ago, JMO said:

I really miss the blogging.  I want her to bring it back to catalog her planning for her nuptials.  I want lots of gauzy photos filled with dappled sunlight.  Lots of squee-ing about dresses and party favors and pictures and Mama/daughter teas and trips to get her nails/hair done (even if it's done at a friends house).  I want lots of emotional posts about Papa Morton and "How so so so good a Daddy we have.  And how the Lord is so so merciful and loving."  And how "Isn't he the bestest Daddy in the WHOLE wide world?!?".  I NEED it to get me through COVID.  I won't settle for a few IG pictures posted by various sisters/inlaws.  

Same! I want to know every detail about the pwecious sisters who are helping her pick the most beauteous dress and the darling flowerses and scrumptious cake. Not only is the blog gone but I'm sure the rushed planning doesn't leave her much time to squee and post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi

I also wish her blog were still going. Then again, if Addie were still blogging, would she have chronicled her courtship or whatever it was? Thanks to @SolomonFundy's great timeline, we know it would have been quite the saga, even for Addie, but perhaps she could still do a recap. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy
7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I also wish her blog were still going. Then again, if Addie were still blogging, would she have chronicled her courtship or whatever it was? Thanks to @SolomonFundy's great timeline, we know it would have been quite the saga, even for Addie, but perhaps she could still do a recap. 

 

My timeline is 90% plot holes, and 10% instagram stalking, so we NEED the Adeline version. For science.

I hope she starts a new blog after she marries, but that's probably wishful thinking. Unless Michael whisks her away to some other remote corner of the state, she's going to be just as busy with babysitting her nieces and nephews as she always has been, only she'll also have morning sickness on top of it.

Part of me thinks that they don't update the blogs because they are locked out now that Alan is out of the picture. He set up the first, and short-lived second incarnation of MortonClan, and it's possible that the third was set up on the same email account. That doesn't explain the abandonment of BrothesFive, but it's a possibility. I honestly think they would set it to private if they still had access. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

She finally put up an IG post.  Y'all,  she's ready for a threesome. A marriage with the Lord fully there with them. And man, did you know how wonderful her Father,  Jesus, is? How wonderfully he plans things all in the right time. He set a table for her in the wilderness.  He invented this wonderful beautiful thing, marriage.  It's a definite fundie bingo of phrases but I feel guilty snarking since she's deliriously happy and she had to wait an eternity in fundie land. By her age her sister and Kressent/Rachel each had a passel of home birthed munchkins.  Best of wishes to her. I do have a soft spot for her. I hope that he truly is her prince charming and that he treats her well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lexiloumarie
1 hour ago, JMO said:

She finally put up an IG post.  Y'all,  she's ready for a threesome. A marriage with the Lord fully there with them. And man, did you know how wonderful her Father,  Jesus, is? How wonderfully he plans things all in the right time. He set a table for her in the wilderness.  He invented this wonderful beautiful thing, marriage.  It's a definite fundie bingo of phrases but I feel guilty snarking since she's deliriously happy and she had to wait an eternity in fundie land. By her age her sister and Kressent/Rachel each had a passel of home birthed munchkins.  Best of wishes to her. I do have a soft spot for her. I hope that he truly is her prince charming and that he treats her well. 

She's also only a year (and a half?) younger than Dorothy who has 6 now. She's watched the youngers get married and start families. She's no Sarah Maxwell either. I cant imagine being in that world and dealing with all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

I just noticed something odd. Alyssa appears to be part of Keni's new MLM fitness thing. It's not odd to start a new fitness program but it would be odd to first start exercising (beyond walking) if a person was pregnant. Could Alyssa be spacing out her pregnancies just a bit more? I thought for sure she'd be pregnant again by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I just noticed something odd. Alyssa appears to be part of Keni's new MLM fitness thing. It's not odd to start a new fitness program but it would be odd to first start exercising (beyond walking) if a person was pregnant. Could Alyssa be spacing out her pregnancies just a bit more? I thought for sure she'd be pregnant again by now. 

She got pregnant with Quentin when Audrey was 6 months old, as opposed to 3 months old like the older girls were, so that could mean they are starting to space them out a tiny bit more. Quentin is 4 months old now, so maybe there is still a small window of time until pregnancy # 5. 

Edited by VBOY9977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
4 hours ago, JMO said:

She finally put up an IG post.  Y'all,  she's ready for a threesome. A marriage with the Lord fully there with them. And man, did you know how wonderful her Father,  Jesus, is? How wonderfully he plans things all in the right time. He set a table for her in the wilderness.  He invented this wonderful beautiful thing, marriage.  It's a definite fundie bingo of phrases but I feel guilty snarking since she's deliriously happy and she had to wait an eternity in fundie land. By her age her sister and Kressent/Rachel each had a passel of home birthed munchkins.  Best of wishes to her. I do have a soft spot for her. I hope that he truly is her prince charming and that he treats her well. 

Hard to read -- you can tell she's too excited to string words together right now. Her hashtags tell it all: #imgettingmarried #atlast #lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Most fundies have wider gaps as they go along. Most people can’t get pregnant when their newest baby is 3 months every single year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethy
On 7/11/2020 at 10:58 AM, JMO said:

I really miss the blogging.  I want her to bring it back to catalog her planning for her nuptials.  I want lots of gauzy photos filled with dappled sunlight.  Lots of squee-ing about dresses and party favors and pictures and Mama/daughter teas and trips to get her nails/hair done (even if it's done at a friends house).  I want lots of emotional posts about Papa Morton and "How so so so good a Daddy we have.  And how the Lord is so so merciful and loving."  And how "Isn't he the bestest Daddy in the WHOLE wide world?!?".  I NEED it to get me through COVID.  I won't settle for a few IG pictures posted by various sisters/inlaws.  

I don't think she's got the womanpower needed to pull off that kind of wedding, to be honest. She's the last sister getting married. Everybody's got a bad taste in their mouth for the pageantry of Katie and Alan's wedding. The sisters who are local include Martha (who, since she only has one child, may be able to help some) and Katie (who's got eight kids to manage, and no husband.) Two SILs are abroad and one who lives on the compound has four under four. Campbell is still childless but she gives off a vibe that's more hipster than historical fiction. This won't be like when Addie could squee over every detail and gush in baby talk over her sisters' weddings while everybody pitched in and helped. I hope for her sake she has the wedding she wants in spite of trying to pull it off in a pandemic with way less help than she saw modeled in her younger years. She's waited a long time and I hope it's not a letdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy

After that instagram post, I seriously doubt she's in the frame of mind to be disappointed. Plus, age is on her side on this one. Even accounting for the Fundy Maiden Maturity Factor, Addie has had a full decade to evolve past the sort of wedding that a teenager may plan. She has the extra benefit of working tangentially in the wedding industry (florals, plus the sewing/coordinating/planning she's contributed to family and friend weddings), so she's aware of the cost of things. And Mariah literally just threw her fully televised fundy extravaganza, complete with her sister going into labor during the reception. That was just over 4 months ago. The hangover from that wedding will probably temper any extravagances that aren't critically important to either the bride or the groom.

All of that said, she's the last of the OG Morton daughters, and I hope the family rallies to put on whatever kind of circus her heart desires.  Addie has essentially been a third parent in the household for years, and has travelled for and with her parents to protect their interests in Paraguay, nursed her father through his recent illness, and grandfather through his last, given up her room so that Katie could have a connected set of rooms for her children when she moved back home, helped Katie co-parent for the first two years after Alan's arrest, and generally puts up with inhuman degrees of demands on her time. I'm sure it will be smaller than we've seen before, and possibly more tasteful than others, but whatever it is, I hope it's everything Addie wants.

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

Anyone else see Martha and Kressent's IG stories about pedophilia not being a sexual orientation?  Was that triggered by anything?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
20 minutes ago, JMO said:

Anyone else see Martha and Kressent's IG stories about pedophilia not being a sexual orientation?  Was that triggered by anything?

 

Martha is linking to this IG poster who in turn is getting her "facts" from this IG poster. The second IG account name -- "educating liberals" -- kind of tells you what's up.

So, Martha's & Kressant's IG stories are amplifying those lunatic fringe posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO
49 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Martha is linking to this IG poster who in turn is getting her "facts" from this IG poster. The second IG account name -- "educating liberals" -- kind of tells you what's up.

So, Martha's & Kressant's IG stories are amplifying those lunatic fringe posts. 

I guess I was wondering if we knew of anything new in Alan/Brett land or if this was just prompted by seeing it elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lexiloumarie
35 minutes ago, JMO said:

I guess I was wondering if we knew of anything new in Alan/Brett land or if this was just prompted by seeing it elsewhere. 

I've seen in from some of the Mennonite/conservatives local to me as well on insta. It's a recent thing - Wayfair apparently is trafficking humans and the liberal media is dismissing it from the posts that were circulating before this. They're trying to claim that the left isnt protecting children because most people in power are part of a vast child trafficking ring that they know about but is getting covered up and normalized. Something, something....guys people were in there too? I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

The Wayfair conspiracy theory is linked to Qanon, too-- general right-wing social media morass mixed with satanic panic 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
3 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I've seen in from some of the Mennonite/conservatives local to me as well on insta. It's a recent thing - Wayfair apparently is trafficking humans and the liberal media is dismissing it from the posts that were circulating before this.

Yes, Shoshanna Pearl Easling repeated this nonsense yesterday. 

1635789581_ShoshannaEaslingsCrap.thumb.jpg.08b4103859dc9a6b5d0847fa52f2d68d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

I wondered if there were new developments, or new Smith drama posting, that inspired Martha's post, so I checked FB. Smith Sr. is in the hospital again and before that he posted a new "song" he "wrote" - he still thinks very highly of his mierable, pathetic self. 

Then I noticed the "educating liberals" when Kressant shared the same thing and I just had to laugh. They'll fall for anything if it supports their persecution agenda. And, of course, they love "pizzagate" and have to keep trying to make it real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

They believe it because they want to believe it. They want to make liberals the bad guys because they know deep down in their hearts that they elected a total moron. Deflect deflect deflect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They believe it because they want to believe it. They want to make liberals the bad guys because they know deep down in their hearts that they elected a total moron. Deflect deflect deflect.

Fred Clark has been blogging extensively on this theme for over a decade now, and it's too bad that he's posting more infrequently these days because the Trump era is providing so much material to prove his thesis. If anyone hasn't read his writing, here's a starter:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2014/04/27/we-need-the-woods-to-be-full-of-imaginary-monsters/

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Fred Clark has been blogging extensively on this theme for over a decade now, and it's too bad that he's posting more infrequently these days because the Trump era is providing so much material to prove his thesis. If anyone hasn't read his writing, here's a starter:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2014/04/27/we-need-the-woods-to-be-full-of-imaginary-monsters/

I saw a fundie sharing something on instagram that said, “800,000 children go missing every year. Where are the children?!”

If they had half a brain cell they would google and find out the vast majority of those children are found within 72 hours! And way less than 1% of those 800,000 children are abducted by a stranger. 

The link you shared is right. They don’t even bother to take two seconds to google. They just share it because they want it to be true. They want to pat themselves on the back. They want to feel superior.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.