IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

It's strange that she hadn't a swing before. It's a very useful item and everybody I know has one for their babies.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

This is probably going to surprise no one, but I just saw in a Washington Post article that Daniel Webster, Alyssa's FIL was among the 17 Republicans refusing to condemn QAnon conspiracy theories. Sigh.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 13
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

On 9/26/2020 at 4:39 AM, Melissa1977 said:

It's strange that she hadn't a swing before. It's a very useful item and everybody I know has one for their babies.

I have 3 kids, expecting my 4th, and have never owned a baby swing. I live in a very small house and swings are generally quite large. I usually have a bouncy seat, and that’s sufficient. Living in a small space has taught me that when it comes to baby gear, there really aren’t a whole lot of true “necessities.” 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

I have 3 kids, expecting my 4th, and have never owned a baby swing. I live in a very small house and swings are generally quite large. I usually have a bouncy seat, and that’s sufficient. Living in a small space has taught me that when it comes to baby gear, there really aren’t a whole lot of true “necessities.” 

Oh I thought baby swings and bouncy seats were the same. 

• Upvote 4

Alyssa has some Q&A on her insta stories and some of the answers are interesting even if I don't really believe it. She said that Macy will "most likely" be their last baby, they don't use birth control, she doesn't watch BUB but they get paid for it, she didn't plan to call the girls with sounding alike names but it just happen, they were going to enroll Allie in a ballet class but waited for COVID, if they had a boy they would call him Zane Alan, and a couple more question.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 9

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

I want to know how Maci will most likely be their last if she's only 25 and not using BC. ?

I know I thought the same thing when I read that. Maybe John's using the birth control, so technically she's not lying. She learned well from her mother the fine art of straddling the truth!

• Upvote 18

Of course they're not using birth control. She's pregnant and doesn't need it. Now postpartum if they really want to be done the answer may change to condoms (but they'll never admit it). 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Of course they're not using birth control. She's pregnant and doesn't need it. Now postpartum if they really want to be done the answer may change to condoms (but they'll never admit it). 

Ooooh. Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I came here to say about the Q&A too. @Italiangirl has covered the most interesting (if you can call them that ?) questions. She did say that she and John have made some decisions in their marriage that are different to how she was raised (wearing pants I guess) but that she doesn’t disagree with how she was raised. 

Spoiler

D6D32ED8-FB89-4852-9532-4439013C02F5.thumb.png.093c936bfd234cbf2ca351f975202c25.png

This next one did make me a bit sad for Alyssa. I imagine she would like a group of girlfriends to meet up with the kids with etc. From the wording I wonder if she’s had some bad experiences of making friends due to her ‘fame’. 

Spoiler

F9A108E9-8AEB-439A-B23F-AF26C288056D.thumb.png.d29728bc9ef8244928fa281f9f268236.png

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Maybe they don’t consider NFP or pulling out to be birth control? 

No, the question specifically asked do you use birthcontrol, NFP, etc.
So no NFP either.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Screenshot_20201004-013817.thumb.png.efd1ba3f2a7abd9e3f0bbb09f7e132af.png

Here's exactly what she said.

Some other answers I found interesting... like how her kids are actually wearing costumes this Halloween. She also wrote about how she and John met which to me, personally, is the opposite of romantic. Keep in mind that he was 22 or 23 while she was still a minor.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201004-014103.thumb.png.9212b8c11d90a358f1a04f66465b67d8.png

Screenshot_20201004-013949.thumb.png.55fd6eddf3e6b354172e4644c3ae9fbf.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

The story of her and John "love story" wasn't one the stories I saw yesterday, but I agree that it doesn't sound romantic at all, notice that he didn't even ask her if she wants to start talking with him and after asking Gil if they could move to a more serious relationship, he has gone straight to Gil, and then Gil talked with Alyssa. He asked Gil to see if his daughter and he could start to talk and court for marriage on her 18 birthday! He had his eyes on her from where she was underage! Grr

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

The way the birth control question is worded is weird, and so her answer is vague. She is probably thinking of hormonal birth control methods ("the pill") and may not know what NFP is and/or just automatically tracks her cycle and doesn't realize that's a form of family planning. Clearly they did something after having 3 girls under 3 then no pregnancies for 2 years.

She's straight up lying to either that question or the one about this being the last baby, or both.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

I would assume by "birth control" she's referring to the traditional form such as pill, IUD, etc. If I had to wager a bet, I'd guess they will most likely be using NFP and/or condoms in the future. While I definitely bet they will have an oopsie, the *only* thing that makes me think they are actually intending for this to be their last is that she shared their boy name. Traditionally she's not really shared a definitive name until they are making an official announcement during pregnancy. In the past she's always just shared names she likes, but then announces the official name later on. Sharing what they would have named a boy makes me think they believe they are done having kids. Again, I think that unless they are religious (haha!) about their tracking/charting or using condoms they will likely have an oopsie in the future.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

And how is it that she didn’t get pregnant for over 2 years? And it corresponded perfectly with her illness? And as soon as she got medical clearance on her heart, she was immediately pg? No sex? They have used some form of prevention along the way. I don’t believe that they didn’t have sex for 2 years.

Most telling comment for me was Alyssa admitting that she lacks patience. I could totally see it. She wants a spotless house, perfect kids, body, makeup...I’m betting it’s not a fun house at all. They should stop having kids.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 20

Isnt lying a sin? If she doesnt personally agree with any form of birth control, including NFP as she claims, how they managed to avoid a pregnancy while she was ill? How can they be so sure that this is their last baby? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

35 minutes ago, llucie said:

Isnt lying a sin? If she doesnt personally agree with any form of birth control, including NFP as she claims, how they managed to avoid a pregnancy while she was ill? How can they be so sure that this is their last baby? 

The Bates are masters of lying while being able to tell themselves they are technically not lying. "I personally don't use it" could mean she isn't using it now because she is pregnant, but they use it when she isn't. Or it could mean they use condoms. She also is trying to say that they dated, which would make their relationship seem less creepy and more on the normal side, but they didn't date. This is a situation where a fundie man spotted an underage, sheltered, fundie teenager and decided he wanted her as a wife. The moment she was legal, the relationship was arranged by her father and the man. I am pretty sure the text messages were all heavily monitored. 

At this point the family has lied by misdirection so much that I don't trust anything any of them say. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I guess the only upside the the lying is she at least recognizes how absurd and bizarre her “dating” relationship was? And also that maybe she really won’t have more kids, but just won’t come out and say how that will happen. 

• Upvote 4

She answered that they want to stop at 4 because of her severe vomiting.  She was bedridden for weeks this pregnancy.  It will be interesting to see how they make that happen. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 10

Alyssa and John have the biggest age difference of any Bates couple. It's 5 years (technically a few weeks shy of 5 years, but close enough).  I had not realised he had met her when she was underage or that he showed interest in her when she was underage. Actually meeting her when she was underage is not that big a deal, it's the showing interest in her. It's says a lot to me that Gil and Kelly don't let the girls court until they're 18, but do keep in touch with these guys for when the girls turn 18. 

If they're not preventing, I doubt this is their last baby. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And how is it that she didn’t get pregnant for over 2 years? And it corresponded perfectly with her illness? And as soon as she got medical clearance on her heart, she was immediately pg? No sex? They have used some form of prevention along the way. I don’t believe that they didn’t have sex for 2 years.

IMO, she's been using some kind of BC since she had Allie. She got pregnant after a couple months married, so Allie was practically a honeymoon baby. Then, she got pregnant of Lexi by Allie's first birthday (perfect timing for Alyssa). 

After Lexi, she got pregnant very very soon. That's why I believe Zoey was an oops baby. 

When Alyssa got ill, Zoey was about 1 year old and there wasn't a baby on board. But the exact moment she was healed, she got pregnant immediately.

In short, Alyssa and John are very fertile. Plus she doesn't nurse. If she didn't prevent, Lexi and Allie would have been far closer in age and #4 would have been born during her illness. 

Alyssa can have enherited kelly's fertility. She had babies each 13 or 14 months!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic