IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

49 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

She is also schooling 2-year old Zoey. She has a little cubicle and a computer with headset, too.

Maybe the plan is to limit the quiver, get the four girls educated with GEDs by age 16 or less, marry them off young and then she are John are free as still relatively young/middle aged adults. Alyssa would be under 45 with that plan. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

The classrooms for the girls is so depressing.  How is this better than preschool/preK where they would be actively playing with other kids and doing crafts and only occasionally do some interactive lessons? It would be one thing if they were social distancing and it was just this year but this is what the girls are doing the next 13-15 years.  How depressing. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I refuse to give Alyssa clicks. What's Allie's diagnosis?

Slight hearing loss in her left ear, but not enough to be concerned about. They told Alyssa to bring her back in a year for another exam and if it hasn't progressed then she's fine.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

12 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

Maybe the plan is to limit the quiver, get the four girls educated with GEDs by age 16 or less, marry them off young and then she are John are free as still relatively young/middle aged adults. Alyssa would be under 45 with that plan. 

Except, I still don't believe she will stop at four. I know she's said so, but as soon as this pregnancy is over, I bet the Lord will "convict" her to have another one...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Except, I still don't believe she will stop at four. I know she's said so, but as soon as this pregnancy is over, I bet the Lord will "convict" her to have another one...

Or she'll just have a "surprise" because these people genuinely believe that they have to be open to pregnancy at all times and God will give them what's best for them. Maybe they'll use actual birth control, but I doubt it. They don't usually believe in that level of personal agency. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Yeah, she'll have at least one more surprise pregnancy if not 2 or 3. She's 25 and steeped in the quiverful lifestyle.  If she gets a piercing, starts drinking alcohol and sends her kids to public school then we can talk about intentionally limiting her family size. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I like to think that maybe the fact that John’s siblings have smaller families has shown both Alyssa and John that having a very large family is not necessary to win votes for John’s father. 
I am shocked by the church services that they attend (as summarised on FJ). The lack of education is really showing in this second generation. If they don’t start to improve their homeschooling, difficult as they were poorly educated, or embrace public schools then the third generation are going to be very poorly educated with the fourth generation possibly functionally illiterate. Maybe this will herald their demise as a group overall and IBLP and its ilk will fade away. Here’s hoping. 

• Upvote 9

I think Alyssa and John are probably done for about as long as it takes to get Allie old enough and trained to be a proper sister mum. It sounds like Alyssa genuinely struggled to parent while pregnant, to which a gaggle of sister mums is the obvious quiverfull solution. Also, I have no idea what proportion of their income is youtube/show but I feel like the baby news/name/first look videos probably earn the most money? I think it's actually surprising they didn't get pregnant accidentally while Alyssa was sick, just given how poor their sex education likely is.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I think it's actually surprising they didn't get pregnant accidentally while Alyssa was sick, just given how poor their sex education likely is

I don't believe it. They know how to use birth control and are actually sorrounded by couples using it (for example John's siblings haven't enormous families). Alyssa is not that naïf. She's dumb, but knows how to protect herself. She didn't got pregnant for a long time, and got pregnant the exact moment pregnancy was safe. It's not natural at all. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Haven't been to church in years, but, the on of the previous priests our church had (Catholic) was fantastic.  His theory was, if he couldn't get his point across in 5 minutes, he had no clue what he was talking about and was just speaking to talk, so he kept is short, sweet and on topic.  Clearly, based on the above summary, he had that pastor nailed in one! 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Strange post on instagram. Alyssa is laying in a black sexy nightgown beside a baby basket while gazing at a baby outfit, pacifier, and a sonogram pic. It's some giveaway. I don't get the sexy lingerie mixed with the baby stuff. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Strange post on instagram. Alyssa is laying in a black sexy nightgown beside a baby basket while gazing at a baby outfit, pacifier, and a sonogram pic. It's some giveaway. I don't get the sexy lingerie mixed with the baby stuff. 

I dont' get it either! This poor woman just missed so much, and is really not ready to be the mom of four. She never had a chance to spread her wings, date, dress up, flirt, and she's doing it now in a way that feels so awkward. Of course it's good for a mom to dress up and feel pretty, but combining a black sexy nightgown with a newborn baby equipment just feel odd.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

The last few posts all her pics have just been hella awkward and cringey. She does not do well so posed. She is better just standing and smiling.... imo. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Hmmm... Maybe if you wear the black sexy nightgown it will lead to a baby?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Hmmm... Maybe if you wear the black sexy nightgown it will lead to a baby?

That's what I was thinking. That's what leads to the babies. Afterwards, for me anyway, I looked like Mama from Mama's Family for about two years.  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

The Websters posted their Halloween video and an explanation of why they celebrate. 

They go out when it's still light, the girls love Disney and it's fun for them to do. They use it as an opportunity to chat to their neighbours, find out what's going on in their lives, find out how they can help them and to "be an example".

They visited John's parents house first and then social distance trick or treated around the neighbourhood. It was a boring-but-cute video. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

I really do not see her having any more.  She does not want a mega family.  My guess she well get her tubes tied after giving birth.  

I would also not be surprised in a year or two the kids are enrolled in a Christian Academy.  Florida has a voucher system which will defer a lot of the cost.  I think Alysia loves her kids but 24/7 with all four is going to drive her bonkers. 

Could someone please explain exactly how are you “homeschooling” a kid when in reality they are watching videos all day with a headset on?  If anything it seems the kids are teaching themselves.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

I really do not see her having any more.  She does not want a mega family.  My guess she well get her tubes tied after giving birth.  

I would also not be surprised in a year or two the kids are enrolled in a Christian Academy.  Florida has a voucher system which will defer a lot of the cost.  I think Alysia loves her kids but 24/7 with all four is going to drive her bonkers. 

Could someone please explain exactly how are you “homeschooling” a kid when in reality they are watching videos all day with a headset on?  If anything it seems the kids are teaching themselves.

To me that is not homeschooling that is computer learning. True home schooling is parent led. It doesn’t mean kids can’t do subject on the computer, I did my last year being home schooled. It’s also taking classes at coop. Kids need interaction with other kids. Not all kids that homeschool do coops though. One of the families I went to coop with had her kids up and doing school by seven. They did school all day and had extra assignments to work on at night. Another family I knew did the same thing. In both families the mom taught the kids. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

They go out when it's still light, the girls love Disney and it's fun for them to do. They use it as an opportunity to chat to their neighbours, find out what's going on in their lives, find out how they can help them and to "be an example".

Ugh, I can't imagine having neighbors who only interact with me to "be an example." They're such patronizing shits. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

would also not be surprised in a year or two the kids are enrolled in a Christian Academy.  Florida has a voucher system which will defer a lot of the cost.  I think Alysia loves her kids but 24/7 with all four is going to drive her bonkers

She can't, because Daniel Webster based his campaigns in homeschooling. Alyssa has changed, doing things her parents found terrible, but she has never went against Webster's beliefs. That's why she wears jeans and normal swimwear, had a part-time job or celebrate Halloween. And that's why she can be open about deciding her family size. But she will never be able to put girls in a school... John works for daddy and can't go against his main goal, that was homeschooling.

(Websters are hardcore fundies, but with a more normal way of life than Kelly and Gil, which obviously Alyssa loves).

45 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Ugh, I can't imagine having neighbors who only interact with me to "be an example." They're such patronizing shits. 

What kind of example are them? I mean, in case neighbours didn't know them (which I doubt) they look like an average family. Dressed as Frozen characters, they were really cute, but that's all. I bet their neighbourhood is full of people like them, or similar. And frankly, being a cute family is not enough to change anybody's beliefs. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 7

So I popped over to West Orlando Baptist Church to see how the pastor handled Trump losing. Well he was supposed to start a sermon series on being thankful today, but instead "God" told him to hold off on that. He blathered on for a bit about how Christians have to live this honest, upstanding life so they can be a good example for the Gentiles. The ridiculousness of him having spent the last four weeks basically preaching Trump and now suddenly switching to long lectures about how honesty, morality, and integrity are the most important things ever makes me roll my eyes. He gave no fucks about morality when immorality got his group power. When he got to the point where he had to admit the Bible says to show leaders respect he seemed like he was about to cry and he said something about this being really hard. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

On 10/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, Jackie3 said:

She is also schooling 2-year old Zoey. She has a little cubicle and a computer with headset, too.

I’m starting to think the “schooling” Alyssa seems to be attempting is just a means to an end for her. She parks her children in front of the computer for a couple of hours and can spend the time doing whatever she wants, like makeup, hair, whatever. She doesn’t seem to do much cooking, so I doubt she’s busy. 

• Upvote 12

But she will never be able to put girls in a school... John works for daddy and can't go against his main goal, that was homeschooling.

Not sure if I agree. People go against their parents all the time. We dont' know if their relationship with the inlaws is good or if they just visit them to make nice. We don't know if John likes working for his dad, or if he's unhappy there. We don't know if Congressman Webster has issued a mandate about how his grandkids must learn, or if he thinks his kids can do what they like.

I don't think the job is the issue. For example, John and Alyssa make money from the Bates tv show (directly or indirectly), yet they go against the Bates teachings all the time. For example, they constantly dress those little girls in "scandalous" (ie, cool and comfortable) outfits that are worlds away from anything Gil and Kelly would approve of. 

I do agree that Alyssa is homeschooling in the laziest possible way. For some reason she thinks it's a good way and she boasts about it on instagram. If I homeschooled like that, I'd hide it out of embarrassment. To me, it's the opposite of what education should be. I can see nothing good in it at all, especially for littles.

This is just a small thing, but the focus on cursive baffles me. Nothing wrong with learning cursive in upper elementary, don't get me wrong. But they are taking a five-year old, an age with a very limited attention span, and using some of that limited attention on cursive?. How often do you use cursive, John and Alyssa? It's done because of the emphasis on "old-fashioned" learning (which is the best, of course) and so parents can brag about their 5-year old writing cursive. But my main problem with their "homeschooling" is the sedentary, passive, handoff style of learning. Way to make kids hate education!

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

So I popped over to West Orlando Baptist Church to see how the pastor handled Trump losing. Well he was supposed to start a sermon series on being thankful today, but instead "God" told him to hold off on that. He blathered on for a bit about how Christians have to live this honest, upstanding life so they can be a good example for the Gentiles. The ridiculousness of him having spent the last four weeks basically preaching Trump and now suddenly switching to long lectures about how honesty, morality, and integrity are the most important things ever makes me roll my eyes. He gave no fucks about morality when immorality got his group power. When he got to the point where he had to admit the Bible says to show leaders respect he seemed like he was about to cry and he said something about this being really hard. 

I mean at least he’s acknowledging that Trump lost? So many fundies are claiming fraud, including Alyssa’s family. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic