IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

Screenshot_20200912-235238_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0eb4cf67865c21116a306fa29a4d7a81.jpg

Am I the only one bothered by the adaptation on the photo from the gender reveal? I mean a not like John could experience be a boy dad since they have/will have 4 girls in a row, but still, I don't think you can be a boy dad or a girl dad you are always a father if have only girls, only boys or a mix. 

Maybe I have followed her a little bit too much lately but she is grating my nerves tin the last couple of post 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Name predictions:

• Riley/Rilee
  • Kylie/Kylee
  • Addy
  • Cassie
  • Evie

I could maybe see Sophie or Brinleigh but, but don't think they are nickname-y enough for her

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Screenshot_20200912-235238_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0eb4cf67865c21116a306fa29a4d7a81.jpg

Am I the only one bothered by the adaptation on the photo from the gender reveal? I mean a not like John could experience be a boy dad since they have/will have 4 girls in a row, but still, I don't think you can be a boy dad or a girl dad you are always a father if have only girls, only boys or a mix. 

Maybe I have followed her a little bit too much lately but she is grating my nerves tin the last couple of post 

I think "Girl Dad" gained traction after Kobe Bryant passed away and that reporter said he told her he was thrilled with his 4 daughters and loved being a "girl dad".  I had only heard "Boy mom" before that.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think Alyssa threw that in about John because of the endless comments she gets like “doesn’t John want a boy?” or “you should give John a son!” or “you should google how to have a boy!”. Those comments are so obnoxious so I don’t blame her for saying they are thrilled with another girl from the start. 

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

@MaryOrMartha and @AussieKrissy are right! I’m impressed with your skills!

I just called girl on bindi Irwin’s new scan. Now we wait. Funnily enough I’m yet to call a boy. 

2 hours ago, JessaBlessa said:

Granny Jane is sighing in resignation. 

Why? Has she stated she doesn’t want Alyssa to have more? I know she gets frustrated with how many Gil has. She seems quite close to Alyssa. 

• Upvote 6

I think some of the names people are picking are too trendy for Alyssa. Historically, she has picked the "cool" names from when SHE was growing up: Allie/Allison, Zoe, and Lexy/Alexa. Weirdly these names go with HER name (Alyssa) and time period. 

Those are definitely not "in" right now like the other cutesy "grandma"  or even inventive southern hipster names that people are speculating about. Kacey, Evie, Layla, Everly, Willow, Bella, . .. those aren't "cool" 90s names -- they are definitely indicative of the more typical millennial/gen Z tastes. 

I would chance that she will pick another 90/early 2000s popular-girl name. 

I say this as a middle/elementary school teacher who has seen more and more ~interesting~ names coming through as well as mom to be (one week!!) who spent a lot of time looking up naming trends. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

I think "boy mom" and "girl dad" are used by those for whom there was slight gender disappointment and they're embracing this fun role they may not have previously considered. I see it as a helpful thing actually. While I would love to have a daughter, hubby and I will have two children barring some unforeseen circumstances - not going to have 7 kids to "get a girl.". I fully prepare myself for having two sons whom I can raise with lots of love and joy. I would probably also use "boy mom" on occasion! 

The comments on Alyssa's video are appalling. "Hoping this was a boy."  "Every dad needs a son." "Don't worry, the next one will be boy." Like...you're already thinking about a 5th child, not appreciating the still gestating #4. When it comes to children who are not yours, everyone needs to STFU. 

• Upvote 27
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

If #5 is a boy, I hope they go for #6. No one in that family needs to hear, “You finally got your boy and that was it!” for the rest of their lives.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

42 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

The comments on Alyssa's video are appalling. "Hoping this was a boy."  "Every dad needs a son." "Don't worry, the next one will be boy." Like...you're already thinking about a 5th child, not appreciating the still gestating #4. When it comes to children who are not yours, everyone needs to STFU. 

I didn't watch the video but UGH.... PEOPLE! ?

Seriously, it's a brand new human being coming into the world. Just be happy and stop caring about what's between its legs.

• Upvote 19

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I think some of the names people are picking are too trendy for Alyssa. Historically, she has picked the "cool" names from when SHE was growing up: Allie/Allison, Zoe, and Lexy/Alexa. Weirdly these names go with HER name (Alyssa) and time period. 

Those are definitely not "in" right now like the other cutesy "grandma"  or even inventive southern hipster names that people are speculating about. Kacey, Evie, Layla, Everly, Willow, Bella, . .. those aren't "cool" 90s names -- they are definitely indicative of the more typical millennial/gen Z tastes. 

I would chance that she will pick another 90/early 2000s popular-girl name. 

I say this as a middle/elementary school teacher who has seen more and more ~interesting~ names coming through as well as mom to be (one week!!) who spent a lot of time looking up naming trends. 

This was my thought as well—the other names she mentioned liking in a vlog a few months back were also popular 90s names...I think I remember Ashley and Megan. But neither of those go with her theme of nicknames that end in the “ie” sound. Based on this, and the fact that she tends to choose short, “classic” middle names, my guess is Carli/Carly Rose. 

• Upvote 3

In her baby names list vlog Alyssa mentioned Anna, Amy, Ashley, Amanda, Jade and Megan as baby names for girls they liked, Since all her girls names are short and ending in an i sound, my guess would be Amy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

If #5 is a boy, I hope they go for #6. No one in that family needs to hear, “You finally got your boy and that was it!” for the rest of their lives.

Considering their history, you might very well be right. It’s likely they’ll have a couple more “last” babies. 

2 hours ago, llucie said:

In her baby names list vlog Alyssa mentioned Anna, Amy, Ashley, Amanda, Jade and Megan as baby names for girls they liked, Since all her girls names are short and ending in an i sound, my guess would be Amy.

Meghan could maybe be abbreviated into Maggi/Meggi.

Now that Duchess Meghan is an American actress and also member of the British RF, I could very well imagine that the name appeals to Alyssa. She might see it as royal and princess-y. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, llucie said:

So then this matches what @kmachete14 said - these are all very popular 90s names.

The top 5 girl names in 1996 were:

1 Emily

2 Jessica

3 Ashley

4 Sarah

5 Samantha

Based on that, my guess is Sammie/Sammi which would match the A-l-y/z-S trend.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I am of the opinion that every dad should have a daughter :) of course the goal is for a healthy baby but daughters tend to put a soft spot in their dads hearts! My dad had three boys. I am his third child. When my older brother was born he wanted a daughter. He was given a son. And after me one more son. My dad loved all of his kids but he had a soft spot in his heart for me. 

• WTF 3
  • Love 3

Alyssa posted again on instagram being very positive about girl #4. The comments that I saw followed her lead and were also much more positive. Alyssa is doing many things wrong by her girls (understatement), but this approach is great. 

Spoiler

IMG_0B87B674ABBB-1.jpeg

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Alyssa posted again on instagram being very positive about girl #4. The comments that I saw followed her lead and were also much more positive. Alyssa is doing many things wrong by her girls (understatement), but this approach is great.

I think she really prefers girls. Of course, a mom with several same-sex children will always wonder how it would be to have a child of the opposite sex. But I don't think Alyssa regrets not having boys. As you say, her approach is fine (despite the message of God sending girls to her... Why doesn't God send a baby to Michael, Alyssa?).

Edited by Melissa1977
Grammar
  • Upvote 12

Alyssa’s claiming this will “probably” be her last kid. She’s having a rough pregnancy and may really feel this way, but I’ll believe it when I see it. 

5E87176A-B2D2-4B82-81B7-42A6540B32C5.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, mstee said:

I think Alyssa threw that in about John because of the endless comments she gets like “doesn’t John want a boy?” or “you should give John a son!” or “you should google how to have a boy!”. Those comments are so obnoxious so I don’t blame her for saying they are thrilled with another girl from the start. 

This gave me a giggle. Did people really say that? 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Yeah! I follow her on Instagram and have seen those types of comments over and over on many of her pictures. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

When I was expecting my second (and last) son, many people told me "I'm sorry it's not a girl". I was livid! People feel they can share their stupid opinions despite making a pregnant woman feel bad!!! (I didn't feel bad at all for not having daughters, but the comments were awful, because it was like they were insulting my baby!!!)

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic