IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

On 7/13/2020 at 12:22 PM, Giraffe said:

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! They want to go back to a time that existed for a very small percentage of wealthy white people. 

They made a movie about it... 'The Help.'

• Upvote 8

36 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Today is supposed to be Lydia Waller and Graeme Wolf's wedding in Big Sandy.  Anybody know if it will be livestreamed?

I don’t think so, I haven’t seen any info about that.
I do think that maybe one of the Staddon brothers could be the photographer so we’ll get a glimpse of the wedding via them, and Pris and David could post some pics too. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/13/2020 at 5:55 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s funny is that both my grandmothers were 1950’s housewives. And I can tell you it was nothing like these fundies. My parents were told to go play outside at a very young age. They roamed the neighborhood until it was time to eat. Influenced by any random kid from the neighborhood. 

I was part of a neighborhood kidlet gang that liked to play near the railroad tracks behind our subdivision.  We moved to another neighborhood out in the country when I was seven so I would have had to be young when I was playing near the railroad tracks. 

When my partner was young, he was the ringleader of the neighborhood kids, along with his next oldest two siblings. (Late 50's, early 60's?) The family legend is when they decided it would be a good idea to take all the kids in the neighborhood to a park a mile or so away. They didn't tell any adults. The older kids (8 or 9) walked. They put the really little kids in wagons so they wouldn't have to leave them behind. It was like the Pied Piper came through and took ALL THE CHILDREN. The neighborhood stay at home parents didn't notice that their children were gone for an hour or two.

It was a different world. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

@FiveAcres, amen to this! I was born in 1952. One day, the “big kid” first grader got a bunch of us together and took us nearly a mile out of the neighborhood to surprise-visit our kindergarten teacher. I recall no adult hysteria, but still wonder how Mary figured out where Miss Heike lived.

When we were older, about ten or so, half a dozen of us would pack lunches and walk two miles to the public pool, where we spent the day swimming, then walked home at dinner time. The key was safety in numbers.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Maggie Burnett shot a wedding in Texas yesterday. I think it’s possible she shot Lydia waller’s wedding. 

• Upvote 4

Looks like them !

Abbie's sister - she did the photo for the wedding registry?

What a beautiful veil!

Edited by Sops2
Addition
  • Upvote 2

On 7/13/2020 at 1:22 PM, Giraffe said:

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! They want to go back to a time that existed for a very small percentage of wealthy white people. 

Except those people had tutors, governesses, and boarding schools. Plus cooks, nannies, and maids. None of this “superwoman mom does it all with Jesus and coffee” bullshit.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

It looks like a pretty wedding going by a few pics from David and Cil’s instagram. It’s funny because the Wallers are attending this pretty and kind of classy looking wedding this weekend, and next weekend they are going to a Rod Wedding. 

What a contrast!

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 16

I can't believe how long we've all been waiting for the Rod/Keller wedding at this point.  Will it ever actually happen?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I can't believe how long we've all been waiting for the Rod/Keller wedding at this point.  Will it ever actually happen?

Their engagement was way longer than most fundie engagements. I think that’s why it seems like it’s lasted forever. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

That dress is gorgeous! That’s originally the style I wanted for my dress but all the ones I put on that had the lace at the top were itchy. I can’t wait to see the contrast between these pics and Nurie and Nathan’s pics. Lydia and Graeme look very comfortable together whereas Nurie and Nathan’s wedding invite photos looked very awkward. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
Can’t spell.
  • Upvote 6

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maggie Burnett shot a wedding in Texas yesterday. I think it’s possible she shot Lydia waller’s wedding. 

The upper echelons of fundiedom is a small circle.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, lilith said:

The upper echelons of fundiedom is a small circle.

Especially when they all meet through Gothard’s cult. 

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:27 AM, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Peter is one month old and already as expressive as his siblings

Hide contents

6554821E-4C1F-470C-AF49-B7971FF264E4.thumb.jpeg.7a6b56daacd5d16a63b942275f4342be.jpeg

Don't they ever wash that board? all the pics I saw have barely erased writing underneath.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Don't they ever wash that board? all the pics I saw have barely erased writing underneath.

I guess time in their world does "flower" by.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Looks as if little Peter will be as expressive as his siblings

20200911_202127.jpg

My youngest looked very much like that as a baby. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My youngest looked very much like that as a baby. 

My husband and I look absolutely nothing like Pris and Pecan. It’s just crazy that two separate couples who look nothing alike, can produce children that look so much alike. My younger son really did look just like Peter at that age. 

I don’t post pics of my kids on public sites but if I did, y’all would think I had a love child with Pecan ?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm curious about what fundy family lives in that Duggar-sized house

I thought that it might be a community center or a church rec room.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic