IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

26 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Doesn't explain leaving the IBLP.

My bet is the fabulous Waller got caught with another guy.

If he was caught with another guy, there’s no way that church would let him pastor. I really think the explanation is a boring one. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I recently saw some pics with Robert Staddon in them. So he still works there. Derick Waller too.

I know David's brother Adam still works for IBLP in IT. David's sister Lydia, newly married, lives in Big Sandy also. I thought Derrick did something else and was living either in the midwest or Virginia.

Whatever the reason for the job change, I feel badly for Pris.  She is 100 miles away from her friends now, with 5 kids.  As a minister's wife, she has to rise to a whole new level of perfection.

Edited by petrushka
added an afterthought
  • Upvote 16

21 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I know David's brother Adam still works for IBLP in IT. David's sister Lydia, newly married, lives in Big Sandy also. I thought Derrick did something else and was living either in the midwest or Virginia.

Whatever the reason for the job change, I feel badly for Pris.  She is 100 miles away from her friends now, with 5 kids.  As a minister's wife, she has to rise to a whole new level of perfection.

Oh shoot I may have gotten Adam and Derick mixed up. It was a Waller brother. Not Matthew or Samuel. It was either Derick or Adam.

Here is the picture. They called this group of men the IT team. I think Adam and Derick look alike from the side. 

0EE03A18-D27C-4280-AD97-75FE9AB47453.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

Boring theory: 

David was offered a position at this church 100 miles away from big Sandy and IBLP. He decided he wanted to take the job and they moved. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 16

I listened to his induction service from  27th September.

Brother Mike from the vacancy committee revealed-

"Brother David came to us on some interesting circumstances and initially resisted.

And then God  started working on his heart. And then  he went to the top of list for 4 of the committee members, "

Brother Mike wasn't one of them and had 'dug his heels in', preferring a candidate with a lot more experience. But after a 2 hour meeting with David, God changed Mike's heart completely. He didn't listen too much to  what David said, but had listened to the spirit, and that was what overwhelmed him.

Brother Mike says David  has the 17 characteristics of what God wants in a pastor"  1st Timothy 3  and he has the intense desire to be where God wants him to be.

David in his reply says he is humble, grateful and honoured. He and his  wife were given a directory of church members 4 weeks ago and have been getting to know them by going through the list and praying for every one.

A welcome party was to have been held the previous night, but the "little ones" had sniffles, runny nose and coughs and they wanted to spread the love of Jesus and not the Covid if that was what it was!!  ( HONESTLY DAVID! -Do not joke about it! ) He says they has travelled 5400 miles in the last 4 weeks, so goodness knows what they could have picked up. 

David like a campaigning politican knows how to "work the room". A very creditable performance, and no doubt exactly what the congregation wanted to hear,

David may have  unhitched his wagon from the IBLP wagon train. This Fairpark Baptist is definitely a stepping stone to something else

Edited by Sops2
I hate bad spelling
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 21

47 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Boring theory: 

David was offered a position at this church 100 miles away from big Sandy and IBLP. He decided he wanted to take the job and they moved. 

I think that’s probably the case, too.  I don’t think they’re likely to get any more scandalous than pecan thievery.

They spent a lot of time on the road with the IBLP job, and I imagine that was getting progressively more difficult with each baby.  David also may have been all or partially furloughed from that job this year too, with the COVID restrictions in so many states making the IBLP roadshow impossible for much of this last year.  All of the organizations that I’m involved with have had to furlough employees this year.

• Upvote 20

7 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I listened to his induction service from  27th September.

Brother Mike from the vacancy committee revealed-

"Brother David came to us on some interesting circumstances and initially resisted.

And then God  started working on his heart. And then  he went to the top of list for 4 of the committee members, "

Brother Mike wasn't one of them and had 'dug his heels in', preferring a candidate with a lot more experience. But after a 2 hour meeting with David, God changed Mike's heart completely. He didn't listen too much to  what David said, but had listened to the spirit, and that was what overwhelmed him.

Brother Mike says David  has the 17 characteristics of what God wants in a pastor"  1st Timothy 3  and he has the intense desire to be where God wants him to be.

David in his reply says he is humble, grateful and honoured. He and his  wife were given a directory of church members 4 weeks ago and have been getting to know them by going through the list and praying for every one.

A welcome party was to have been held the previous night, but the "little ones" had sniffles, runny nose and coughs and they wanted to spread the love of Jesus and not the Covid if that was what it was!!  ( HONESTLY DAVID! -Do not joke about it! ) He says they has travelled 5400 miles in the last 4 weeks, so goodness knows what they could have picked up. 

David like a campaigning politican knows how to "work the room". A very creditable performance, and no doubt exactly what the congregation wanted to hear,

David may have  unhitched his wagon from the IBLP wagon train. This Fairpark Baptist is definitely a stepping stone to something else

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the kids had covid. Why was david even there? He should have been at home and tested along with his children so they know if they have covid or not.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I'm sure you guys are all right about it being something boring, even though God has laid a deep desire in my heart to know the minutiae of these "interesting circumstances". There's no way it's something as juicy as a sex scandal. My best guess.......internal IBLP politics and David got ousted? 

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Interesting to them could be as simple as cutbacks at ATI as we know the need for their printed material has dropped and then their sales pitch gatherings cut by COVID so less and less need for employees.  David sees it coming and talks to their pastor or asks for prayer.  Their pastor sees a vacancy or an upcoming vacancy at another IFB church and throws David's name into the mix.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

A sex scandal would never be “interesting” to them. It would be “grievous.” I hate that I know fundie speak so well.

• Upvote 12

I want to think that maybe David had some insight into Gothard's true nature and removed himself and his family from that realm, but of course if his siblings and close friends are still employed there, that would imply some serious rifts.

I'm not sure why I think David would protect his family rather than defend a molester, but I do.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I want to think that maybe David had some insight into Gothard's true nature and removed himself and his family from that realm, but of course if his siblings and close friends are still employed there, that would imply some serious rifts.

I'm not sure why I think David would protect his family rather than defend a molester, but I do.

as far as I'm aware, Gothard has not managed to worm his way back into IBLP?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

as far as I'm aware, Gothard has not managed to worm his way back into IBLP?

Not that I'm aware of either, but doesn't IBLP still follow his guidelines and philosophies?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Interesting to them could be as simple as cutbacks at ATI as we know the need for their printed material has dropped and then their sales pitch gatherings cut by COVID so less and less need for employees.  David sees it coming and talks to their pastor or asks for prayer.  Their pastor sees a vacancy or an upcoming vacancy at another IFB church and throws David's name into the mix.  

This, or along similar lines--less $ coming in during Covid means less to pay employees.  David may have been facing a pay cut and decided God was calling him out of Big Sandy.  He's got a household of 7 to support.

I don't think it would result in any rifts within the extended Waller family since it fits within their religious framework. I think David will do OK there in the short run anyway.  Don't know how much pastoral longevity exists in the IFB churches.

• Upvote 5

I think IBLP is in a downward spiral. It will eventually be kaput although people like the Wallers will continue to believe in most of the core concepts and spread them. David has a big family to provide for and he needs to think about the future. If IBLP goes down, he won't be able to provide for his family. So he moved to a new church in rather prosperous neighborhood. (Fort Worth is a well-off suburb.) 

If there was anything juicy involved, my guess would be somebody on the board wants to put his son/son-in-law in David's job. 

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Not that I'm aware of either, but doesn't IBLP still follow his guidelines and philosophies?

Gothard isn't back or likely to comeback. I would have to see evidence that David has really split from the teachings.  I also think David isn't too worried about his kids' Uncle Josh. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'd venture to bet that no one was tested.

Off topic a bit, but I heard that you have to pay for testing in the US?  Is that right?  Surely that would be a huge disincentive for many families and people on low income to get tested.  (It’s free in Australia)

• Upvote 1

If I understand it correctly in our county if you have insurance, it's billed but there's no co-pay.  If you don't have insurance, it's free.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

7 minutes ago, Karma said:

Off topic a bit, but I heard that you have to pay for testing in the US?  Is that right?  Surely that would be a huge disincentive for many families and people on low income to get tested.  (It’s free in Australia)

Depends on where you are. My (very liberal) city offers free testing, so we're lucky (they still try to bill your insurance but you don't have to pay anything.) But other places, you need to be tested by your doctor, or at an urgent care, or a pharmacy. Those tests you have to pay for.

I'd say that most Americans get tested because they're feeling sick or were knowingly exposed and want to know what's wrong with them, or because they're worried about infecting others. In my experience, testing asymptomatic people without known exposure here is discouraged. I had to lie about having symptoms to get a test for myself.

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Perhaps he's protecting himself.  Could it be that there are new legal proceedings involving Gothard and that David, his assistant from years back with associated knowledge, decided it would be a good time to create some distance?

Flip side of the previous idea:  Enough time has gone by since legal action to make whatever David knows essentially benign.  The IBLP Board either wanted or was willing to let him go and he found another job.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh shoot I may have gotten Adam and Derick mixed up. It was a Waller brother. Not Matthew or Samuel. It was either Derick or Adam.

Here is the picture. They called this group of men the IT team. I think Adam and Derick look alike from the side. 

0EE03A18-D27C-4280-AD97-75FE9AB47453.jpeg

That's Adam.

• Upvote 6

Maybe BEC?

I know the kids look happy and carefree and that Pris seems happy with their life but I can’t help but wonder what really goes on behind the scenes. I’m disappointed they’re moving from one controlling, misogynistic, patriarchal organization to another one. I doubt the move (from IBLP to IFB pastor) is for anything more than it was a permanent position without anymore travel. 

Edited by Giraffe
Too many words
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

"David is a peppy, pleasant preacher (anybody surprised?). When reiterating that God told Phillip to go to the desert, he asks "Anybody here want to go to the desert?" and a little child's voice calls back "No!""

Davia, girl, I know that was you. Keep on with your sassy self.

I agree with others that the Gothard Empire's finances are circling the drain, and David decided to get ahead of the rush and bail when he saw an opportunity.

I don't think it was an acrimonious break, or Priscilla wouldn't be still scheduled to speak at the Excel!  Finishing School for Fundy Maidens coming up in January.  [I am sorry to say that they don't seem to be offering sessions in pianoforte, china painting or dancing the minuet]

I see Alieta Kowalchuk, Kendalyn's sister, is also speaking. And she no longer works for IBLP either--she was working at the Banff Springs Hotel (but has possibly been laid off? the tourist industry is suffering so)

https://familyconferences.org/events/excel/2021/

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Maybe BEC?

I know the kids look happy and carefree and that Pris seems happy with their life but I can’t help but wonder what really goes on behind the scenes. I’m disappointed they’re moving from one controlling, misogynistic, patriarchal organization to another one. I doubt the move (from IBLP to IFB pastor) is for anything more than it was a permanent position without anymore travel. 

I have always suspected that David is controlling in subtle ways. He comes off as this nice fundie guy but I really don’t think he is. Kind of like Jim Bob. He seems like a dope and a nice guy but we all know JB is controlling as hell. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 16

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have always suspected that David is controlling in subtle ways. He comes off as this nice fundie guy but I really don’t think he is. Kind of like Jim Bob. He seems like a dope and a nice guy but we all know JB is controlling as hell. 

Yes! This is exactly why David and Priscilla actually scare me more than other fundies. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic