IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

The style of house doesn't look like it's in Big Sandy.

Is this a typical design of a  new build on an estate in Texas? The only  house I can find numbered 9324 that looks like this is in Fort Worth-  and that's too far away from IBLP

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

The style of house doesn't look like it's in Big Sandy.

Is this a typical design of a  new build on an estate in Texas? The only  house I can find numbered 9324 that looks like this is in Fort Worth-  and that's too far away from IBLP

It could be a new build that’s not even on maps yet. I guess a new mulish makes sense for fundies when they have such large families and specific needs.

• Upvote 2

Even though the blue house isn’t small, I’m guessing it’s small for a family of 7. Plus they know they will have more kids in the future. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I admit I don’t know much about Big Sandy real estate (lol), but isn’t 200k a pretty steep asking price for rural East Texas? 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful home and they did a great job fixing it up. But does anybody know if that is a realistic asking price?

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I admit I don’t know much about Big Sandy real estate (lol), but isn’t 200k a pretty steep asking price for rural East Texas? 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful home and they did a great job fixing it up. But does anybody know if that is a realistic asking price?

I have no clue about Texas. But I think that home prices have gone up in a lot of places in the US. People are moving like crazy due to the pandemic. Most people want a bigger home so they can work from home. And many people are moving out of cities to the burbs or more rural places. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I’ll add that the fact they are selling the home with 4 acres means they are likely better off selling than other homes the same size. That’s a good chunk of land and some people want to spread out. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I've removed all identifying details, so here is the streetview 

Only 3 bed, 2  bath, and sold beginning of 2018.  So perhaps just visiting???

20201114_162148.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Additional info.
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 8

I wonder if David’s new sister-in-law, Jill Rod, will try to grift an invitation to the Big Sandy Family Conference? It seems like a good place to meet likeminded families and get her kids hitched. David is a better speaker than many of the Fundy Men who consider themselves preachers. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

No mention of being in the post of Administrative Director of   IBLP on David's Linkedin page-

Why has it been wiped from the slate- it just says "graduate of ATI"  What's happened?

(Real life calls- back to  watching Strictly Come Dancing and then the Masters Golf )

Edited by Sops2
Additional comment
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

No mention of being in the post of Administrative Director of   IBLP on David's Linkedin page-

Why has it been wiped from the slate- it just says "graduate of ATI"  What's happened?

(Real life calls- back to  watching Strictly Come Dancing and then the Masters Golf )

Man, don't sleep on the Pecan man!  I look away for 5 minutes and Davy  (who we thought was an heir to the Gothard Empire)  has flown the Gothard roost. With no announcement on their blog? There has GOT to be a dramatic backstory here.:popcorn2:

Oh and for those of you who didn't follow the blue house renovation, go back on David and Cil's blog and find it. They did a great job, with mainly family and friends as labor. The giant hole in the master bedroom floor (and the hobbit hallway) was impressive.

Is this the same place? The square footage doesn't match up. https://www.trulia.com/p/tx/big-sandy/4414-scrub-pine-rd-big-sandy-tx-75755--1122768589

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If David is out, who is currently running the organization? 

I recently saw some pics with Robert Staddon in them. So he still works there. Derick Waller too.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Hey, folks, there's a pandemic, and you really should . . . ah, to hell with it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f0057dff77a8837c073a410f94f6cdc5.png

This was on 11/8. Someone gets up and compares Democrats to demons.

OK, I should be exact, to be fair. He says: "Have you been following what's been happening in our country lately? Anybody? Have you seen and heard our opponents  laughing at us? I just want to remind you that, on the day that Jesus was crucified, the demons were laughing. How'd that work out for them? They lost."

Davey chuckles:

Spoiler

image.png.66ffa58aad1f4ec3bf69da2c823bae3e.png

This is a fancy and organized church, compared to some we've seen (would David go for anything less?).

He reads https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+8%3A26-38&version=KJV

The verses are about a baptism, since they had three baptisms later in the day (none of the people baptized were eunuchs, though - as far as I know ? ).

David is a peppy, pleasant preacher (anybody surprised?). When reiterating that God told Phillip to go to the desert, he asks "Anybody here want to go to the desert?" and a little child's voice calls back "No!"

Hope that was one of his kids.

He says "We may need to, though, after a little bit here, if things get a little crazy here, in this city."

At first I thought that was in relation to the reading, but I think that was Davie's attempt at political humor.

Back to Phillip. Phillip went up to the wealthy eunuch and asked him about what he was reading, and David says he's had the pleasure of meeting people recently who are investing in their employees and co-workers, getting to know them, so they can be saved.

Remind me not to get a job wherever that is.

Spoiler

image.png.33e8937fb1b18d425bc9c733cb601d00.png

He acknowledges that sometimes it's hard to meet sinners. "As a homeschool young person - I grew up that way - we never got out. Except for Walmart once a week, OK? But that Walmart got evangelized!"

He says Priscilla "got run out of a Walmart" once for handing out too many gospel tracts.

I need to stop and go do some research - he is claiming that "most Jews" cut Isaiah 53 out of the Bible and never get to read it. I never heard that one before.

He goes on to say that it is included in a museum display in Israel, and that the plexiglass is stained with the tears of Jews who have gotten to read that passage for the first time and just suddenly know that it's all about Jesus. :roll:

I know I never heard that Christians thought Isaiah was supposed to have anything to do with Jesus until I was a young adult. And there's nothing in Isaiah 53 that has to be about Jesus.

ETA - I got to about minute 51, if anyone wants to take over and listen to the rest.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 24
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Hey, folks, there's a pandemic, and you really should . . . ah, to hell with it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f0057dff77a8837c073a410f94f6cdc5.png

This was on 11/8. Someone gets up and compares Democrats to demons.

OK, I should be exact, to be fair. He says: "Have you been following what's been happening in our country lately? Anybody? Have you seen and heard our opponents  laughing at us? I just want to remind you that, on the day that Jesus was crucified, the demons were laughing. How'd that work out for them? They lost."

Davey chuckles:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.66ffa58aad1f4ec3bf69da2c823bae3e.png

This is a fancy and organized church, compared to some we've seen (would David go for anything less?).

He reads https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+8%3A26-38&version=KJV

The verses are about a baptism, since they had three baptisms later in the day (none of the people baptized were eunuchs, though - as far as I know ? ).

David is a peppy, pleasant preacher (anybody surprised?). When reiterating that God told Phillip to go to the desert, he asks "Anybody here want to go to the desert?" and a little child's voice calls back "No!"

Hope that was one of his kids.

He says "We may need to, though, after a little bit here, if things get a little crazy here, in this city."

At first I thought that was in relation to the reading, but I think that was Davie's attempt at political humor.

Back to Phillip. Phillip went up to the wealthy eunuch and asked him about what he was reading, and David says he's had the pleasure of meeting people recently who are investing in their employees and co-workers, getting to know them, so they can be saved.

Remind me not to get a job wherever that is.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.33e8937fb1b18d425bc9c733cb601d00.png

He acknowledges that sometimes it's hard to meet sinners. "As a homeschool young person - I grew up that way - we never got out. Except for Walmart once a week, OK? But that Walmart got evangelized!"

He says Priscilla "got run out of a Walmart" once for handing out too many gospel tracts.

I need to stop and go do some research - he is claiming that "most Jews" cut Isaiah 53 out of the Bible and never get to read it. I never heard that one before.

He goes on to say that it is included in a museum display in Israel, and that the plexiglass is stained with the tears of Jews who have gotten to read that passage for the first time and just suddenly know that it's all about Jesus. :roll:

I know I never heard that Christians thought Isaiah was supposed to have anything to do with Jesus until I was a young adult. And there's nothing in Isaiah 53 that has to be about Jesus.

ETA - I got to about minute 51, if anyone wants to take over and listen to the rest.

Isaiah 53 is believed by several Christians to be messianic prophecy.... Not sure why David is so hung up on Jews apparently having never read it, though. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

it's so bizarre that they haven't posted about any of this. If I became the pastor of a new fancy church (for the first time?), I feel like I might at least post about it on instagram? Especially if you're the kind of person with a blog and a youtube channel? I'm sure the explanation is anodyne, but it certainly makes it appear like they're hiding something, especially if IBLP was scrubbed from his linkedin. They haven't posted to the blog or their youtube since just after Peter was born, and I assumed they were just busy since they have so many kids now...but now it looks suspicious. There's just nothing, about packing the house up, about what a blessing it'a been to be in Big Sandy and how they're entering a new season of life or whatever. Nothing about the new church, not even a video of the kids singing or something? This is going to drive me mad imagining what the gossip here is.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Isaiah 53 is believed by several Christians to be messianic prophecy.

Oh, that I knew. I just never heard of anyone claiming it was cut from the Bible, or forbidden to be read, or anything like that.

So I went looking. Most of the sources claiming this were fundie Christians of some sort, including lots of Messianic "we're more Jewish than the Jews, so we know best" types. No Jewish or neutral source said anything of the kind.

Traditions vary, of course, because all religions do, but Jewish services often have two readings - one from the Torah (first five books), and one, called the haftarah reading, from the prophets. The Haftarah reading often thematically matches  the Torah reading, or has to do with something coming up in the Jewish calendar. Isaiah 53 is not assigned to any particular Torah reading, but it has lots of company - many readings from the Prophets aren't, as there is so much material there.

My memory of services is fuzzy, since I haven't attended a synagogue in about 50 years, but I do have a memory of the haftarah reading generally being considerably shorter than the Torah reading. Some traditions go through the entire Torah in a year, some in three years. But there is no expectation of reading every word from the rest of the Tanakh during services.

Some of the fundie/Messianic sites claim that Jews being afraid of Isaiah 53 is somehow glaringly obvious due to the fact that several haftarah readings near the end of the year are from Isaiah (some of them claim they are read in order), and that one is left out. But they are not actually in order, and they are specifically chosen to be comforting, which that chapter is not.

But forbidden, censored or totally ignored? No, David - not true. Look - here it is:

https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1053.htm

tl;dr - TIL that some fundies and Messianics think Jewish "authorities" have hidden    part of the Bible from Jews because they are afraid it will make them convert.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

OK, I'm going back in.

Did I mention that David says the eunuch worked for a king, then corrects himself - it was a queen. "Candace, queen of -  wherever she's queen of."

The desert? No, that was Priscilla.

I listened to the part about the museum again, and he actually claims Isaiah 53 is "taken out of the text," not just that it's not assigned to any particular week as a haftarah reading.

You are mistaken or lying, Pecan Thief.

Then he tells us how sheep get quiet and go limp when you set them on their hindquarters for shearing. "It's amazing how God made sheep."

Insert your own joke here.

Baptism is dangerous in some countries. "As soon as you are baptized, you are a marked man."

He met a man from China, then says "I'll call him David," like this guy is still in danger, but then immediately follows with "He called himself David."

Well, then. :confusion-shrug:

In "broken English" (of course), David from China told him how he "went to a small secret river at two AM in the morning" and was baptized, so the secret police threw him in jail, where he became an even more devoted Christian, because he read his Bible all the time.

He talks about reasons people don't want to get baptized. He talks about people getting baptized for the wrong reasons, including thinking the water itself will save them. Worlds collide - David says he's heard a preacher from the South say "You can get baptized in every creek, river, baptistry, 'til every tadpole knows your name, and you still won't be saved."

Man, there are some knowledgeable tadpoles down South - and that's before they mature into frogs! They know Gary's sunscreen number and SSN, and lots of names, too!

David loves the story of Noah and the Ark, "the Ark is a picture of Christ, it's a type of Christ."

He gets into a whole riff about baptism by fire as well as water, and wind is in there somehow, as well. And he takes out a plant for a visual aid - it needs fire (sun) and water. Pottery, glass, life, it all needs fire and water.

More about baptism, sin, identifying with Jesus, you can't get to Heaven with works/church membership/just being a good person (really, is there anyone in these churches who actually thinks that after church three times a week for a lifetime?).

He just can't understand why anyone would hold back from, as he puts it, saying "yes to the Lord." It pains him.

"It's not like a multiple choice thing here - this is a clear instruction from Scripture."

Altar call, then they sing Trust and Obey. David calls a boy and his father to the front to announce that the boy has decided he wants to be baptized.

Then he asks that the livestream be cut off. As it stops, he is saying "we're also really glad to have so many guests."

If you want to see David, other baptizers and baptizees react to startlingly cold water, look here:

https://www.facebook.com/fairparkbaptist/videos/393284355149753

One of the kids is being baptized by his father, who kisses him lovingly on the back of the head afterwards. OK, that's cute.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 12

Remember when Pris was very obviously pregnant in a birthday video posted? And then DH didn’t say anything about it for a little while? But then made an announcement finally. I think David and Pris just don’t bother to announce things until they feel like it. I think they will eventually announce this life change. But it will be when they want to. 

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic