IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

“Yeah, well... happy birthday, Priscilla. Cause you’re so special to me, let me congratulate you by mentioning three absolutely generic things that are said about basically every IBLP-wife and -mom on social media.”

- That’s what David actually wanted to say! - 

CBDCECB8-2D57-4131-BF76-53812B759434.jpeg

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Her eyes are smiling.  Something you don't see everyday in fundie wives so it stands out.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

4 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Why is it perfect that she's wearing pearls in that picture?

She can clutch them as soon as she sees a woman in pants or two men kissing ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22

5 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

She can clutch them as soon as she sees a woman in pants or two men kissing ? 

I think Pris is likely quite accepting of pants on women. Kendalynn wears them and her sisters wear them. But two men kissing would likely break her pearls completely. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 19

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Pris is likely quite accepting of pants on women. Kendalynn wears them and her sisters wear them. But two men kissing would likely break her pearls completely. 

JRod may send them scurrying back to their oysters.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Her eyes are smiling.  Something you don't see everyday in fundie wives so it stands out.

She usually seems genuinely happy, not in the keep sweet way of so many fundie wives. It's hard for me to understand because I have to work at being happy and am the proud owner of major resting bitch face.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She usually seems genuinely happy, not in the keep sweet way of so many fundie wives. It's hard for me to understand because I have to work at being happy and am the proud owner of major resting bitch face.

Priscilla does frequently appear happy, you’re right. I’d assume her likes and character traits allow her to fit into her lifestyle and feel fairly content better than some other women. 
I, too, tend to have a resting bitch face. It doesn’t even depend on whether I’m happy or not, I just don’t walk around with a big grin on my face all the time. I might feel very good but still look like this: ? 

• Upvote 20

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I really do think she is very happy and content, with her its not an act. I don't get it but I'm glad she at least is. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 21

24 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Priscilla does frequently appear happy, you’re right. I’d assume her likes and character traits allow her to fit into her lifestyle and feel fairly content better than some other women. 
I, too, tend to have a resting bitch face. It doesn’t even depend on whether I’m happy or not, I just don’t walk around with a big grin on my face all the time. I might feel very good but still look like this: ? 

She reminds me of Anna 2.0 Maxwell.  She loves kids & husband.  Both are very  content in the traditional role of 1950s homemaker.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

She isnt made up like a clown. I hope Nurie comes to realize she doesnt need all that makeup to be attractive.  Especially in the Florida heat. Priscilla looks younger than Nurie.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, texasdreamer said:

She isnt made up like a clown. I hope Nurie comes to realize she doesnt need all that makeup to be attractive.  Especially in the Florida heat. Priscilla looks younger than Nurie.

Priscilla is a pretty woman with a kind face, despite her beliefs. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5

I think Nurie will really like Pris since she’s a godly fundie mom of 5. However I wish she would get to know Suze and Rebekah better. I want Nurie to realize that there are decent people in this world who aren’t fundie. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Nurie will really like Pris since she’s a godly fundie mom of 5. However I wish she would get to know Suze and Rebekah better. I want Nurie to realize that there are decent people in this world who aren’t fundie. 

i think she will get to know them to an extent, but I can see her hanging out more with Pris. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

i think she will get to know them to an extent, but I can see her hanging out more with Pris. 

iirc the only Keller sister that lives in Florida is Suze right? Rebekah, Priscilla, and Daniel’s wife Diana live in Texas, Anna in Arkansas and Esther In Zambia. So I think because of that she’ll be hanging out a lot more with Suze. Hopefully it will be good for her. 

• Upvote 14

Yes, Pris and David are at the Big Sandy IBLP borg in north Texas. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/6/2020 at 9:04 PM, texasdreamer said:

she doesnt need all that makeup to be attractive

The trouble with the Rods is not too much makeup it is too much bad makeup. 

I like makeup and I play with makeup all the time. Sometimes I  favour a natural, no makeup look but just as often I go all out - glitter, goth - really whatever suits my mood. I don't much care if others disapprove because I like it. 

I suspect the Rods would not approve of my makeup choices or casual attitude to "inappropriate" makeup eg green lipstick and glitter on a 56 year old (me). I think they are trying for a classic look but they have chosen all the wrong products and applied them badly. They look like a bad (is there any other kind) of Younique ad. I would love to up date Nurie's look and I hope once she is away from J Rod - she'll consider watching some youtube videos and branching out a bit.

Edited by browngrl
added a bit to explain my meaning better
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

@browngrl, your commentary on makeup reminded me of my early teen years, when overdone bright blue eyeshadow and heavy black eyeliner were in fashion. My dad (who was the opposite of a controlling patriarch!) was not a fan of the look, so I learned how to do the subtle makeup techniques that coincidentally started coming into style a few years later.

I see gorgeous, dramatic looks on younger women all the time, and I agree it’s about skill and style. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 7/6/2020 at 11:20 PM, FluffySnowball said:

“Yeah, well... happy birthday, Priscilla. Cause you’re so special to me, let me congratulate you by mentioning three absolutely generic things that are said about basically every IBLP-wife and -mom on social media.”

- That’s what David actually wanted to say! - 

CBDCECB8-2D57-4131-BF76-53812B759434.jpeg

I'm only at number three and I can't think of anything else to say so let's just say the list could go on and on. The best compliments are those that you can imagine you got.

• Upvote 12

On 7/7/2020 at 3:00 AM, Tatar-tot said:

She reminds me of Anna 2.0 Maxwell.  She loves kids & husband.  Both are very  content in the traditional role of 1950s homemaker.

Except that it is not their role. 1950s women didn't homeschool, which is one of the main aspects that make fundie wifes so miserable.

Also, 1950's families were rarely quiverful. Which, no doubt, made their lives way better than for quiverful fundies.

They may pretend to imitate old good times, but their lifestyle has never existed before. No school, barely social interaction, no sports or hobbies or activities outside the family? Even my old fashioned grandparents were allowed to date back in 1945-1950! 

On 7/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, VBOY9977 said:

iirc the only Keller sister that lives in Florida is Suze right? Rebekah, Priscilla, and Daniel’s wife Diana live in Texas, Anna in Arkansas and Esther In Zambia. So I think because of that she’ll be hanging out a lot more with Suze. Hopefully it will be good for her. 

Why would Suze hang out with Nurie? Suze is busy as a mom (I don't know if she also has a job) and probably has friends she enjoy more than poor Nurie, who looks soooo dull and old fashioned. Also probably Jill has told Nurie not even approach Suze or Rebecca.

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Except that it is not their role. 1950s women didn't homeschool, which is one of the main aspects that make fundie wifes so miserable.

Also, 1950's families were rarely quiverful. Which, no doubt, made their lives way better than for quiverful fundies.

They may pretend to imitate old good times, but their lifestyle has never existed before. No school, barely social interaction, no sports or hobbies or activities outside the family? Even my old fashioned grandparents were allowed to date back in 1945-1950! 

Why would Suze hang out with Nurie? Suze is busy as a mom (I don't know if she also has a job) and probably has friends she enjoy more than poor Nurie, who looks soooo dull and old fashioned. Also probably Jill has told Nurie not even approach Suze or Rebecca.

What’s funny is that both my grandmothers were 1950’s housewives. And I can tell you it was nothing like these fundies. My parents were told to go play outside at a very young age. They roamed the neighborhood until it was time to eat. Influenced by any random kid from the neighborhood. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

My grandmother was also a 1950s housew- oh, wait. She was married to a farmer and had a job as a bookkeeper at a steel factory.

They're pining for a time that never existed.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

They're pining for a time that never existed.

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! They want to go back to a time that existed for a very small percentage of wealthy white people. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Today is supposed to be Lydia Waller and Graeme Wolf's wedding in Big Sandy.  Anybody know if it will be livestreamed?

• Upvote 2

On 7/9/2020 at 6:57 AM, Howl said:

Yes, Pris and David are at the Big Sandy IBLP borg in north Texas. 

Fact. So idk how much Nurthan will see them.

Also, I was watching a livestream of Longview Baptist Temple (now Emmanuel BC of Longview - to put distance between LBT & the matter of Russell Hirner who raped a minor student of one of their schools - either the "bus kids" [ACE school] or the school at LBT where a teacher actually teaches the students,) and Bob Gray 2 (who presided over JD & Abbie's wedding) called up David to lead a song. Apparently BG knew that David attends LBT once a month when the Waller's church meets early on Sun eve. BG mentioned (from the platform; kinda joking but there was an air of seriousnesss) his intention to poach the Wallers from their current congregation into LBT.

Is anyone here familiar with LBT & the Bob Gray family of nepotistic preachers? If the IFB had pastoral dynasties (not unlike Hasidic dynasties) Gray would be one. Gray Sr seems like a classic, bonafide nut job but Gray 2 seems to be less extreme, more reasonable and even went public in his support of Cameron Giovanelli's victims & condemnation for sexual assault. I'm sure the proverbial waters are deeper than I realize. Wondering if anyone closer to that group has anything to share? 

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic