IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

Gaah, these fundie men love the sound of their own voices.  Using your daughter's wedding to show how righteous you are.  And why bother, after all he's preaching to the choir.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Wow from your comment I see that I haven't lost much giving up the live. I just can't believe how bad these people are at speaking in public. They supposedly do this every week and still, they ramble uncoordinated at weddings or live stream event 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Hitler mentioned now

DIdn't the Nazi's mourn "the death of the family" and rewarded fecund women. Well Ayran women? Sound familiar? 

Edited by mswhatsit
adding my diss on the men speaking
  • Upvote 17

Oh and now we talk about Allison's womb and its hopeful fruit UGH

and throwing rice to represent "seed" and wishing a couple lots of seed

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 8
  • Love 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Allison isn't totally thrilled with this but she has no say. Because she was born female.

I was just thinking, I know Allison and Jeremiah most likely share all of these horrible, hateful views, but I can’t help but feel bad for them that their wedding ceremony is all about politics, hate and conspiracy theories and nothing personal at all.

• Upvote 27

1 minute ago, neurogirl said:

Oh and now we talk about Allison's womb and its hopeful fruit UGH

and throwing rice to represent "seed" and wishing a couple lots of seed

Wow I’m getting married next month and I can’t imagine asking my guests to shower me in....imaginary semen replacement???? What the fuck???

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 1

And now we brought the youngest Bontrager boy is brought up to talk about how he prays for a "godly, little wife" and not an xbox? and then he's sent back down again. 

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mar said:

I was just thinking, I know Allison and Jeremiah most likely share all of these horrible, hateful views, but I can’t help but feel bad for them that their wedding ceremony is all about politics, hate and conspiracy theories and nothing personal at all.

Yeah, could we just have some nice bible verses about love?  Also, who had videogame addiction on their batshit wedding sermon bingo card?

• Upvote 17

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That is the only wine I like.  And now I want to know what cream cheese pesto dip is as it sounds delightful.

It's super easy! Oven at 400. Add two slabs of cream cheese (I use both reduced fat and regular cream cheese and both work well), a container of pesto, and some strong cheese like blue. I pile it all in a container and pop it in the oven until the cream cheese melts and the pesto is bubbling. I don't mix it until the cheese is puffy and the pesto is browning slightly. Then it's back in the oven for about 5 more minutes. Pair with veggies, Stacy's Bagel Chips, etc. My favorite pesto is HemisFares pesto from Kroger. I've had the dip with chopped tomatoes on top, too. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 10

1 minute ago, Mar said:

Exactly. Her face has shown she’s not 100% thrilled. I’m sure she wanted a bunch of romance and love talk. But she got this Rush Limbaugh wanna be. 

• Upvote 20

Purposes of marriage for a godly man, according to Pa Bontrager:

Companionship, enjoyment, completeness, fruitfulness.....[pause for a long tangent about how the rice thrown at weddings used to symbolize semen but oh no, not anymore because of those dang liberals]......oh, and protection for their frail little wives.

Nothing about oh, maybe that you LOVE the woman and want to make her happy.

• Upvote 17

Just now, BirdgirlH said:

Btw, pretty sure the guy preaching before was Jeremiah's dad 

They bonded over their crazy ass fathers. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic