IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 13: What's the other one, Becky?

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:
Spoiler

8B22A8C3-1B75-49F8-8C8E-3E292B9247B3.thumb.jpeg.c85f9b220bf6184d2615df11d22d9d65.jpeg

they didn’t even bother to clean up the trash for the pictures.  I think Gary purchased that bus for $5,000.  Remember when they only drove it for like 1 day and it broke down, never to be used again?

And I legit LOLed at the “Quito” diet.  Poor naive Caleb.  I still remember when he got to use Twitter for a few weeks and was trying to talk to cute (totally non fundy) girls who wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. He was so socially awkward and couldn’t get the hint,

Edited by keepercjr
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Here is a refresher of Caleb on Twitter.  Shocking that he has a girlfriend now.  I hope he has matured a bit in these last 2 years (I want to say he was 16 when he was on Twitter)

Spoiler

4DBC83D5-2DD6-4B79-B6FE-5E44F3922F80.thumb.jpeg.dd88129a04bac356c9c3c2535902d77f.jpeg

Spoiler

8481FCC9-378B-4F47-AB30-26865725E9E3.thumb.jpeg.259710e1842dacc07452aad9c326cc94.jpeg

Spoiler

DCD0538A-4BF2-4CDB-A197-F8CDABBCA217.thumb.jpeg.1769ced8f01c8a8b1185ce48351d2025.jpeg

Spoiler

0BC1A233-7265-41B1-B380-68119022B268.thumb.jpeg.24338ece0cb7fc5331c04639adc0cc1f.jpeg

Spoiler

FD405B23-5F69-4AC8-9700-7A0FE5C24DF7.thumb.jpeg.0834a9a5f330fb138ecc766ba7e0318e.jpeg

• Thank You 13

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Ok fokes?

He was homeschooled by bro gary wasn't he?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, wallysmommy said:

Do you think Gary is more incoherent than before?  Like perhaps he had an undiagnosed TIA?

More incoherent and more obese. He may very well have had one or more TIAs. A relative of mine would have them in her sleep. She'd wake up and no longer be able to do something, like a craft, that she had been working on the day before. The many TIAs she had weren't diagnosed until she had a fairly major stroke.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

This account is fake, right ? Right ? Oh god. If you can't outlaw homeschooling, could there at least be some mediatised cases of children suing their parents for depriving them of an education ? These parents can't just get away with that level of abuse. Horrifying. I feel so sorry for the poor boy. I hope he can overcome his disadvantage.

Edited by ignorantobserver
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

OK folks, Gary and Co. is trying to buy another vee-hickle? A bus (but)? Has he learned nothing from the past?

I bought my car from a thrift store down in the city and they had a nice older RV there. Last I saw it was still there. I think it was about $10,000 but every time I saw it I thought of Bro and how he could afford it if he actually had a job. 

Do we really think anyone will give him money to help buy this but?

Editing to add, I just saw this on his Facebook. I was like wow, Bro is actually doing something useful!

Spoiler

ride-on mowers

mower.png.887db4dcc1b1a03b4c3a03f14218dd9c.pngIMG_1620.thumb.JPG.a451a56d1000886a6a69307119018870.JPG

But as he got closer I realized it was the kid… of course. Silly me. 

I'm also adding a photo of Mr. Puma on his mower that was captured on my trail cam, LOL.

Edited by PumaLover
had to post pics
  • Upvote 11

If someone doesn't take the time to clean and leaves trash in something they are trying to sell that lets me know they didn't take any pride in ownership. 

2 hours ago, PumaLover said:

OK folks, Gary and Co. is trying to buy another vee-hickle? A bus (but)? Has he learned nothing from the past?

I bought my car from a thrift store down in the city and they had a nice older RV there. Last I saw it was still there. I think it was about $10,000 but every time I saw it I thought of Bro and how he could afford it if he actually had a job. 

Do we really think anyone will give him money to help buy this but?

Editing to add, I just saw this on his Facebook. I was like wow, Bro is actually doing something useful!

Reveal hidden contents

ride-on mowers

mower.png.887db4dcc1b1a03b4c3a03f14218dd9c.pngIMG_1620.thumb.JPG.a451a56d1000886a6a69307119018870.JPG

But as he got closer I realized it was the kid… of course. Silly me. 

I'm also adding a photo of Mr. Puma on his mower that was captured on my trail cam, LOL.

I think this is Bro Gary's old bus or his brothers bus they are trying to sell. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

53 minutes ago, Conundrum said:

I think this is Bro Gary's old bus or his brothers bus they are trying to sell. 

Oh I misred his post–he says get this out. I thought he said help us out. That makes more sense now.

BTW I'm still researching resources and support in North Carolina. There sure are a lot of jobs out there, Gary… And it feels a whole lot better to work for your money than beg for it from other people.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, ignorantobserver said:

This account is fake, right ? Right ? Oh god. If you can't outlaw homeschooling, could there at least be some mediatised cases of children suing their parents for depriving them of an education ? These parents can't just get away with that level of abuse. Horrifying. I feel so sorry for the poor boy. I hope he can overcome his disadvantage.

Unfortunately very real.  It is surely an indictment of Becky’s piss poor job of homeschooling.  If Caleb has a learning disability, her job was to get him help.  My guess is that Gary doesn’t care one iota about education beyond the Bible but Becky had taken the role of homeschooling his kids.  He probably thinks he is doing just fine with his inability to fluently read or spell anything correctly but honestly he would be completely lost without Becky.  I am glad Becky’s kids are getting a real education.

• Upvote 10

I was confused also by the bus post on FB. I thought he was trying to buy it and all I could think of was how much it costs to fill that tank, and the maintenance.  This from experience with the stupid choir bus we had in the 70s.  It left us stranded in Victoria, Texas, and in Bessemer, Alabama.  Picture 40 people sitting on their suitcases outside the Holiday Inn in Victoria, TX in August waiting for the bus to be repaired.  I can't even imagine how much it cost to have the engine repaired.  

• Upvote 4

We just had a full day without power, but I am back.

Gary was live yesterday evening - afternoon - just noon time.

We get a glimpse of the garden at the Hyles Hideaway, partly blocked by a porch post, before Gary turns the camera on himself:

Spoiler

image.png.f832a50a19549f8a094a0251cbc484ad.png

He complains again about the lack of Wednesday night church in the area.

He's getting ready to go to Florida, to let his wife go to the ocean, and he hopes there aren't any riots where they're going.

"I hate it that that black guy died, ah hate it, ah hate it, ah hate it. And the white cop needs to be punished, amen, amen, and amen."

In Opp, Alabama, the pastor will be taking him to jail to preach. Gary jokes that he hopes they let him out again.

A preacher in Arkansas "actually went down to where some of these people was, and said "Heyheyheyheyhey, heyhey." He asked if he could pray for them, and "the riot people, the crazy people, lit'rilly stopped while the preacher prayed."

"Prayer is the only thing that's goin' to help."

Democrats don't support "Isril."

"America's goin' down the tube fastly."

He goes on and on about how wonderful Trump is.

He references "that ol' train thing," by which he means The Little Engine That Could.

The spiritual dishrag is back, complete with scooping motions: "Git that uhuhuhuh spirit'l, Christian uhuhuh rag, 'n' put that uh uh spirit'l soap on it, 'n' git down in that vessel and clean it out, git all that junk out."

Spoiler

image.png.b89983442da1098358ea82e19b3900ba.png

I now want to write a ragtime piece for piano, and call it the Spiritual Christian Rag.

Gary sings some of Just a Little Talk with Jesus. Gary, you are no Oak Ridge Boy.

Somebody told him he should get a fifth wheel to go with his truck, but Gary's going to "wait on the Lord."

Hint, hint.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 7

On 6/1/2020 at 11:57 PM, PumaLover said:

I'm so sorry to kind of derail this topic as I haven't read the last few posts but I need some honest input and I know all of you are intelligent and articulate. I'm too afraid to post in the BLM forum because they don't know me over there and I always second guess what I write and am afraid of being judged or coming across wrong.

My daughter is about to turn 16 and is outraged at everything that is happening. She's so angry that history is, for a better term, being whitewashed in their school. She is only just now learning about slavery and I told her about the Rodney King trials and riots in 1992, and she's so mad that they're not being taught that.

From her past, she is aware of white privilege (which unfortunately I was not aware of until a few years ago after joining FJ, despite growing up in Mississippi). She wants to actually learn about the history of the US, not just read a chapter in a book and regurgitate a summary on paper. She is fired up and I told her that's a good thing. I told her if she's not angry, then that isn't OK. 

Does anyone have any suggestions, resources, etc. that I can share with/teach her about? She wants to watch Roots (I guess there's a new version; I grew up with the LeVar Burton version, which had a profound effect on me). I want to be sure that we are culturally sensitive.

Again, I'm so sorry to completely derail the Bro threads. They are just where I feel safest on FJ. The thought of Bro trying to be culturally sensitive and proactive is both amusing and deeply disturbing to me.

The Mildred Taylor books (Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry series) don’t gloss over the ugliness or injustice that occurred in Mississippi and cover the 1930s up to the civil rights movement. 
It’s a children’s book but I read my grade sixes Underground to Canada last year and they were really into the book. I know this book has been banned in a number of schools because the slave traders and overseers use the n word. We talked about hate language being used to other groups of people and justify maltreating them. This opened up discussions on other hate words and not one of my guys used the n word. 
Earlier this year, I read Race Against Time which was about reopening several cases in Mississippi and Alabama where civil rights workers had been murdered.  
Some of these might work.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

image.png.a86558bec5e6928210fea2d624f4d487.png

Some of the comments - er, testimonies:

Spoiler

image.png.6ae6a94394417e9be2a4c3cf250d8895.png

Spoiler

image.png.1ebf3823388f661d37e041ba5f627f61.png

Spoiler

image.png.b213cd74b698463c8de082cce3f4eebd.png

Spoiler

image.png.37b2c5ffd92b3752cfbe0e2a9e0fa5d6.png

Spoiler

image.png.2e9e6f6a2f8b86b181880defd90f32d7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

God: Gary, this is your last chance to get saved. I mean, you're 25 and you might live for 50 years or more but if you don't get saved today I'm never going to deal with you again.

Gary: OK.  Thanks for not giving up on me.

God: Oh damn, I was trying to give up on you but I guess you win this time.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Gary posted another live video of himself singing, tapping, screaming and whooping along (with Thank You Lord, for Your Blessings on Me) as he drives. Trees being passed can be seen out the window, so it's clear none of this was done while the car was stopped or parked.

He bellows a sermon about, among other things, "not needing the things of world" over the song. He points and gestures and spends a lot of time looking at his phone instead of the road.

Spoiler

image.png.dcffc382329dbb8e44564d095829ed52.png

Yes, that's both hands off of the wheel, in a moving car. It was only for a second, but still . . .

Jacob spends much of the video looking over his father's shoulder, from either side, with a worried expression on his face.

Here's some irony - one of the things the song says the singer is thankful for is a "fine family."

How about not endangering your family while driving, dickhead?

If you want to see Gary at his faking-a-religious-orgasm best (worst?), while driving in traffic, this is the video to watch, folks. I recommend doing with the sound muted.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 9

The WTF reaction is for Bro, not you @thoughtful. Wow, I feel like he has gotten more insane since we first started following him. What about this message was so damn important that it couldn't wait til you could stop your vee-hickle? Why couldn't Becky drive? Even without a kid in the car I would say this is reckless.

Also listening to only that kind of music would make me crazy. I didn't even make it through the entire video and was already sick of it.

His mention of the food pantry got me–that's currently what I'm researching and inputting for my job, food pantries in North Carolina. I am happy that places like that exist for people who truly need them. Does Bro and family go to them for food? Normally I wouldn't judge (hey, I've used them too) but Bro and Fam aren't truly needy. They are able bodied and could be working! But they are choosing poverty. Many people in poverty don't have the choice or ability to get out of it. But the fact that these people are choosing to live this way, as well as stunt their child, just angers and frustrates me so much.

Edit to add: it is very distracting and hard to listen to him as he screams over the song. How is this leading anyone to Jesus if they can't even understand it??

Edited by PumaLover
one last thought
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

I have a rhetorical question.  When the fundies do a bio of a preacher, why do they say "Bible believing preacher."  Would someone associate with them and try to preach at their church if they aren't bible believing?  They should clarify this and say "right kind of Bible believing (KJV1611)."  Is that really the best credential you can give a preacher?  I guess if they're of the Bro. Gary ilk, it is.  Gary's credentials can be "babbling moocher who uses the bible as an excuse to be a racist, bigot, sexist, hypocrite."

• Upvote 11

As Gary was driving while bellowing, not watching the road and taking one or both hands off of the wheel, this was inside his tire:

Spoiler

image.png.ee7271598240a088b26b945b283a0810.png  image.png.0335c335a2735a7ce32e2cde666df7cc.png

He says it's a piece of a metal file.

It caused a "big gash."

He thanks God for getting them to a tire store, because they could be sitting by the side of the road. Gary, it could have been a lot worse than that.

Gary may have to buy a new tire, if the guy can't fix the gash, but "It ain't my money, it's God's money."

He finally explains how he found out about it - a truck driver kept looking over at him, and, at one point, pointed (I guess to the back tire). Gary said he looked in the rear view mirror, and stopped. When he couldn't fix it at a gas station, he found a tire store.

Gary sees all of this, of course, as a sign that God is watching over him, and protecting him. "God's in control." He thinks he may use the piece of metal when he preaches on God's goodness.

Funny, I think it's a sign that Gary should stop driving around grifting.

Gary explains that the truck has dual tires on the back. I was wondering how a "big gash" didn't result in an accident or being unable to go any further.

He says the last time anything was done to his tires, it was near the end of February, in Independence, MO, by professionals. So it doesn't seem like it was the fault of his shoddy workmanship, or some other amateur he roped into doing work for free.

But who knows?

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Spoiler

image.png.2e75c71825d1c8ccd7499157b656ad42.png

Immediately after:

Spoiler

image.png.00dcee032ad36d6316613c1b7190dd11.png

Well, that lasted a long time. Maybe he meant not watching the news, rather than social media. Who knows?

I assume Becky edited the above. You missed "alter," Becky.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Pretty sure he meant "avoid all information"

Well, that's easy for Gary. He could spend the whole day looking at media and still not get any information. Between the conspiracy theory shit he favors, and his own unwillingness to listen and process, I doubt there are too many accurate facts in Gary's mind.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

Gary was live, and starts with, "OK, folks, you'll have to wonder where I am. I'm ashamed to do this much, 'cause there's a lotta people out here, and most of 'em's nekkid."

Spoiler

image.png.9c12e9626b9ec8357d48e91127c017b6.png

I guessed even before I heard that, since I could hear the ocean and see sand.

He wants to get the camera turned around to show us where they are, but "I'm not gonna show too many people, 'cause they got no clothes on."

We get it, Gary. People wear bathing suits at the beach.

Spoiler

image.png.d673d3ca0c13bab33753c1364ff454c3.png

While completely ignoring that amazingly gorgeous sea and sky, Gary reminds us again how he has to be careful where he points the camera, because there's "too many people out here, nekkid." He says something like this at least four more times in the course of the video, but lingers and goes back (rather like a cartoon double take) on this view:

Spoiler

image.png.84f5c4d0846a416a1370da95ca8db1fc.png

Not that we can see how nekkid those people are from this distance, but I love how Gary goes on and on about not showing it, but can't resist swinging the camera back there.

He also makes sure we know that he's only tolerating being there because Becky and Jacob like it. He repeats the fact that he does this for Becky, to "help her out," whenever they get near a beach.

Jacob goes out into the water - poor kid, I wish he could be properly dressed and actually swim and play in the waves.

"This place is lit'rally packed," Gary tells us, while showing this view:

Spoiler

image.png.cfd7890eda414cc8c13d4ab541a5a52d.png

"I don't know what ocean I'm at, I'm in Florida - there's a bunch of 'em."

Actually, Gary, if you're in Florida, that is either the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico. If he's been invited back to deFuniak Springs, I figure the latter. In fact, someone comments:

image.png.c2ec3e57636f29cb9f9e36d8db0c36b0.png

OK, he probably means there are a lot of beaches, not a lot of oceans, but still, it's hard not to mock Gary.

He tries to get Rascal to say hello to Facebook. I'm happy to see that Rascal is on a leash. Gary, you actually did something safe for once! Yippeeee! Rascal looks like he's enjoying himself.

Gary tells us again how "packed and jammed" it is. "When it comes to social distancin', there ain't no such a thing on the beach. I mean these people are right on top of each other."

To be fair, he does then show a larger group of people - they are rather neatly lined up, but I can't tell if they are close together - to avoid the nekkidness, Gary mostly  shows us their beach umbrellas.

Gary ends with worrying about dropping his phone. "I done lost one phone in the water one time, so."

The end.

I hope that only the video was this short (it's less than five minutes), and that Becky and Jacob got some more time in or near the water.

It's interesting that, for once, Gary barely mentions God - he says "praise the Lord" and "amen" each once, and both seem like automatic verbal punctuation. Most believers I know would be more likely to think of God seeing that view than they would be by a broken file in a tire, Gary.

ETA - and most people I know, believers or not, would be getting so much more joy out of seeing their loved ones enjoy something that much. I can picture my father or my brother watching their kids and/or wife really enjoying something, even if it wasn't their taste, and how happy they were just seeing someone they love having a good time.

I've felt it myself - contact high, kvelling, second-hand enjoyment, whatever you want to call it - Gary doesn't seem to be feeling that at all.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 9

13 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

It's interesting that, for once, Gary barely mentions God - he says "praise the Lord" and "amen" each once, and both seem like automatic verbal punctuation. Most believers I know would be more likely to think of God seeing that view than they would be by a broken file in a tire, Gary.

Good preaching', thoughtful!

Also, I'm a bit jealous. Gary gets to hang around on a farm for a week, then go to a Florida beach, while here I am at work. Get a job, Gary!

And Gary, I'm from NC too so I'll speak so you can understand me: Those people ain't nekkid. They're wearing bathin' suits on the beach.

• Upvote 11

From Becky's Facebook:

Spoiler

image.png.4d43004022a2511a446701ed51993c97.png

Voddie Baucham, still trying to figure out how to fit in with white bigots.

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

• samurai_sarah pinned and unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic