IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

I have a relative through marriage who’s middle name is Rae. It’s a family name. It’s the same middle name as her daughter, sister & niece.

• Upvote 3

I don't associate Rae with being a stripper. I associate it with being a kinda generic/common middle name along the lines of Marie or Ann. It's just one of those names that sounds good/okay with many first names so gets used often. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Interesting...when I looked at the obstacle course post this morning, there was a picture with "Auntie Sarah"'s face clearly showing - now that one is gone.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

Interesting...when I looked at the obstacle course post this morning, there was a picture with "Auntie Sarah"'s face clearly showing - now that one is gone.

You are  completely right. I went back to look. I wonder if she didn't want her face online? Which is strange though because she's been on the blog before. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Paperplate said:

I'm a bit late for this but I wanted to add that they all seem to have a really similar way of speaking. I mean, the content is VERY different but it still reminds me of this video of Anna comparing abortion to the holocaust (Favourite line: "I look just like my mom; I have skin!"). Those horribly condescending rhetorical devices... I feel like Sarah too sounds very similar in her videos about her books.

Also, this video is framed really strangely!

? "Nathan, what big hands you have!" 
? "The better to grab your soul for Jesus!"

Steepling the hands is bad enough, but when a speaker makes a circle with thumb & forefinger, keeping the other fingers closed, and gesticulates toward the audience during their authoritative points —  they've lost me, I don’t care their gender or side of the aisle!  

I became aware of it during Josh-you-ah* Duggar’s brief stint in lobbying and while it may not make much sense, Nathan does both and so, yuck, phooey.

I wonder where they got the background of a large, busy office. Bet that’s not CCI’s.  Does that’s mean they’re not truthful?

~~~

* Not intended as a snarky nickname (I more or less agree that our Maxnicks have run their courses).  When she was still the heir presumptive to the title of The Next-Gen Duggar Matriarch, Anna D. used to over-enunciate his name, I figured it was a bid to make him sound more important and leaderly.  JMHO, of course.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

Too bad, I would have liked to see her picture.  She must be a grown woman now.  She was just a kid when Anna and Chris got married. 

Yeah, Auntie Sarah was in a picture and they've either cropped it so you can't see her or put up a similar one that just doesn't include her. Weird. I'm hoping it's just because she didn't want to be on the blog, and not something else. 

I wonder why they aren't calling her Gracie anymore. Maybe she objected? Maybe they forgot? Or maybe they realized it's stupid to rename someone and people can figure out your talking about different people given context? 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah, Auntie Sarah was in a picture and they've either cropped it so you can't see her or put up a similar one that just doesn't include her. Weird. I'm hoping it's just because she didn't want to be on the blog, and not something else. 

I wonder why they aren't calling her Gracie anymore. Maybe she objected? Maybe they forgot? Or maybe they realized it's stupid to rename someone and people can figure out your talking about different people given context? 

There's one picture of her at a distance helping a kid walk on those containers.  She has a skirt that's way too long, and I'm concerned about how dirty / wet it may have gotten while she was outside on the grass.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Too bad, I would have liked to see her picture.  She must be a grown woman now.  She was just a kid when Anna and Chris got married. 

Honestly, my first impression was that she didn't look good. She was a child/young teen when Chris and Anna got married and that's been almost ten years so she'd be early 20s now. IIRC she has albinism and I'm sure that was a factor - I think sun sensitivity is an issue with albinism and I was surprised to see her with bare arms and no hat.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

There's one picture of her at a distance helping a kid walk on those containers.  She has a skirt that's way too long, and I'm concerned about how dirty / wet it may have gotten while she was outside on the grass.

It's one of those Jersey knit skirts too, so wet will make a difference in weight, unlike the more structured denim ones. 

Anyone else notice the maxwell under the chairs in that picture? 

4 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Why can't Sarah explain the rules of the game she leaves so much out.

The rules looked pretty simple. Work together to get across the grass without touching it. First one wins a box of ice cream to share with siblings. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I never even imagined Rae as a stripper name. Maybe it's my generation - or not; until now I'd never given it any thought at all - but right now, I can name seven people with the middle name of Rae.

• Upvote 4

I was amazed at the amount of stools they own! But I’m not going to fault them for it. I think some fundies are horrible at making their home more child safe and child focused. Braggie is a fine example. She would likely have very few plastic stools all over her home. Because they would be ugly in her instagram pictures. I think she has a couple of wooden ones. But she rarely childproofs her home and it shows. I admit I prefer a fundie home made for a dozen children living in it compared to a picture perfect adult focused home like Braggie’s. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Maybe it's my generation - or not; until now I'd never given it any thought at all - but right now, I can name seven people with the middle name of Rae.

This is interesting, because I don’t think i’ve met seven people in my life with it.  Among people whose middle names I’ve known, a huge proportion have been Ann, Lynn, or Marie, with Elizabeth as a distant fourth.  I’ve always liked having Rae because of that, and even more so because my first name is ridiculously common.  

• Upvote 2

@Bethy, sun sensitivity is HUGE with albinism as there is no melanin to protect the skin or eyes.  My second oldest granddaughter has albinism and she does not go outdoors EVER without high SPF sunscreen on all exposed skin, clothes covering her body as much as possible, a good hat with a wide brim, and prescription sunglasses.  My daughter and her husband keep the blinds closed as much as possible in the home since Zoey is so sensitive to light.  Zoey is Chinese by birth and there was a model some years back who was a Chinese woman with albinism.  Her parents had moved from Hong Kong to Sweden early in her life so that she'd get less sun exposure. Also, there's probably less prejudice against those with albinism in Sweden than there is in China.

My husband and I saw a young mother with albinism at the western ferry terminal at Mwanza Gulf on Lake Victoria last year.  People with albinism are in real danger in some countries in East Africa.  There's a lot of prejudice, but that's nothing compared to the fact that you might be killed for your "magical" body parts.  I hope this young mother and her baby are okay. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

Rae is having a bit of a resurgence right now in middle name popularity. It does go well with many first names due to it being only one syllable. Similar to Lynn, Rose, or Grace.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rae is having a bit of a resurgence right now in middle name popularity. It does go well with many first names due to it being only one syllable. Similar to Lynn, Rose, or Grace.

But not Sarah.  Sar-RAh RAe is awful.

• Upvote 2

Isn't the game that Christopher "invented" just a version of The Floor is Lava? My cats like to play that after I turn the lights off. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

My cousin goes by Rae, as her first name is a mispronounced French word (seriously, it's a known word and her parents made up the pronunciation for it, I have no idea why). 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Bethy, sun sensitivity is HUGE with albinism as there is no melanin to protect the skin or eyes.  My second oldest granddaughter has albinism and she does not go outdoors EVER without high SPF sunscreen on all exposed skin, clothes covering her body as much as possible, a good hat with a wide brim, and prescription sunglasses.  

Interesting...since my impression that she "didn't look good" was mostly that she looked much older than I assume her to be. Even if she was on the older end of childhood - say, 14 - when Chris and Anna got married, she'd only be 24. She looked much older than that, which I assumed (apparently correctly) was related to albinism. I hope her family has been diligent about protecting her from the sun but given the pictures we just saw with short sleeves, no hat or sunglasses, etc., sadly I'm not so sure.

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

Her skirt wasn't really appropriate for the activity but I was actually more concerned for the little girls playing a game that appeared to involve bending and twisting while on an elevated surface like a chair or bucket - easy to step on a dress hem and trip oneself that way, and a top-heavy toddler or preschooler who's already balanced precariously is going down fast. It's no wonder Joshua got to the fence first and not just because he's the oldest. It really wasn't an appropriate game to play in long dresses. A tunic and leggings a la Nate and Melanie's girls, maybe, but not those long baggy frumpers.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never thought of Rae as a stripper name. I think the only reason why it was is because Layla was paired with it. Sarah Rae or Elizabeth Rae would never be thought of as a stripper name. Although I don’t think Layla is a stripper name either. I admit that names like Champagne and Diamond are more stripperish to me.

You got me on my knees, Layla

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

You got me on my knees, Layla

That's the only thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 4/19/2020 at 1:47 AM, scoutsadie said:

Right - and the fact that the word "Easter" is derived from a pagan name. 

The connection is about a strong as between celebration of the 4th of July and Julius Caesar who the month is named after.

If that's actually even true.  I've alternatively read that 'Oster' is the word Martin Luther chose when translating the Bible into German (meaning sunrise, rising from the east, or resurrection).

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

But not Sarah.  Sar-RAh RAe is awful.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rose would have been such a pretty middle name for Sarah. Sarah Rose sounds like a cosmetics line for older women but still pretty, I think.

It's interesting to read what everyone thinks about names!

15 hours ago, kpmom said:

I have the link to the picture. They didn't take it down from the server.

I don't think I should post it here, since someone (probably Sarah) apparently didn't want it to be public.

What do y'all think about sending it privately? Would that be ok?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

Isn't the game that Christopher "invented" just a version of The Floor is Lava? My cats like to play that after I turn the lights off. ?

A game that every child has played. Except most kids use pillows and it’s played in the house. I was born in the 80s and played the game as a kid. My husband was born in the 70s and played it. The fact that Sarah thinks Chris made the game up all on his own shows how cut off she is from the world. If she didn’t live in a bubble, she would realize this is a game everyone plays. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic