Jump to content
IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

Continued from here:

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little theme music for this thread:

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't quote from the last thread, but there was a discussion about Gigi moving to Jesse's room. Considering she must be approaching her nineties, I find the move very convenient. Even if she is relatively healthy, at that age living alone can be difficult.

I think Sarah, like Teri, just does her (narrow and dull) way. Few chores for them, while Anna and Mary clean and babysit and possibly help their brothers business few hours a week. Of course Steve is comfortable not allowing them to marry: it can damage his brand, but he'll have 2 maids/nurses to care for himself and Teri. 

We are witnessing lots of very young fundie brides from big families. Lauren, Kendra, Bates girls, etc. Most, if not all of them, have young parents. But in 10 or 20 years, I suspect some of their little sisters will be "committed" not to marry and stay at home caring for elder parents. Fundies may be critisizing Maxwells for not marrying their daughters, but many of them may be also getting ideas.

  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Fundies may be critisizing Maxwells for not marrying their daughters, but many of them may be also getting ideas.

Is part of the issue here that there are simply more girls than boys available as partners within the subculture, and the girls don't want to settle?

I have no doubt that how they're brought up to be inhibited is part of it, and personality is probably also part of it, but I wonder.

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think at least one Maxgirl will be sacrificed on the altar of marriage before the end of the year, just for the sake of the brand. My money’s on Anna, since she’s like the Swiss Army knife of fundie maidens. She cooks, she cleans, she’s handy, she likes kids—she would have been the perfect mail order bride back in the pioneer days.

  • Upvote 20
  • Love 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I think at least one Maxgirl will be sacrificed on the altar of marriage before the end of the year, just for the sake of the brand. My money’s on Anna, since she’s like the Swiss Army knife of fundie maidens. She cooks, she cleans, she’s handy, she likes kids—she would have been the perfect mail order bride back in the pioneer days.

But isn't Anna the one who suggests *gasp* spices in their recipes? I would think a young fundie man would want someone who can cook meals with taste, at least. That should really be something they put on their questionnaires. (Do the boys have 100 question for the girls, or is it only the boys who have to prostrate themselves before the girl's daddy?) 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sparkles said:

I think at least one Maxgirl will be sacrificed on the altar of marriage before the end of the year, just for the sake of the brand. My money’s on Anna, since she’s like the Swiss Army knife of fundie maidens. She cooks, she cleans, she’s handy, she likes kids—she would have been the perfect mail order bride back in the pioneer days.

She's the leftover queen -gags-

DSC_9299.jpg

  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't Jesse's room in the attic? Gigi may move in with them, but probably not to his room. I speculated a long time ago that Gigi's house may be sold to a husband of Anna or Mary to keep them under Steve's thumb. But Jesse buying it would make sense too. I wonder if they'd move Gigi into the nursing home where they have their church. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

Isn't Jesse's room in the attic? Gigi may move in with them, but probably not to his room. I speculated a long time ago that Gigi's house may be sold to a husband of Anna or Mary to keep them under Steve's thumb. But Jesse buying it would make sense too. I wonder if they'd move Gigi into the nursing home where they have their church. 

They would not move her into a nursing home.. she would have too much freedom and exposure to the world, friendships and entertainment.. UNLESS it is she that would make the offer to sell her house to Jesse because it is just too much to upkeep and she wants to move to the local assisted living center where she has help as needed, and lots of like  minded peers to pass the day with! 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing about Gigi’s situation is that she has tons of help nearby. Most women her age living on their own don’t have ANY family members that close. Yet she has a huge amount. If her mobility declines, someone could come and help her every single day. Actually there are enough people to be assigned a day each week on a Teri schedule to go and help her out. I hope she can stay in her home if she wants to. 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, freejugar said:

She's the leftover queen -gags-

DSC_9299.jpg

She’s thrifty! Which could come in very handy when your spouse is one of a bazillion under-educated fundies with a lawn service or tree cutting business. 

  • Upvote 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think Steve has as much control over Gigi as people seem to think. Teri isn’t her only child and we know she seems to have a good relationship with the others. Didn’t she go on a cruise with her other daughter a few years ago? Just because the Maxwell’s don’t blog about Gigi’s other family doesn’t mean they are absent from her life. She could have other relatives over her house all the time and we would never know about it. Honestly, if Gigi was your mom, would you be allowing Steve to make decisions for her? Also, I think if Steve could control Gigi, she would have been out of her house long ago. We have no reason to believe he makes decisions on her behalf. We have no reason to believe he has a valid power of attorney or conservatorship over her or her affairs so he would have no legal right to do anything on her behalf.

As for the wedding, I think it might be delayed so they can have a big event and brag about the first kiss and how everyone there acknowledged they knew where they would go when they died. 

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I don’t think Steve has as much control over Gigi as people seem to think. Teri isn’t her only child and we know she seems to have a good relationship with the others. Didn’t she go on a cruise with her other daughter a few years ago? Just because the Maxwell’s don’t blog about Gigi’s other family doesn’t mean they are absent from her life. She could have other relatives over her house all the time and we would never know about it. Honestly, if Gigi was your mom, would you be allowing Steve to make decisions for her? Also, I think if Steve could control Gigi, she would have been out of her house long ago. We have no reason to believe he makes decisions on her behalf. We have no reason to believe he has a valid power of attorney or conservatorship over her or her affairs so he would have no legal right to do anything on her behalf.

As for the wedding, I think it might be delayed so they can have a big event and brag about the first kiss and how everyone there acknowledged they knew where they would go when they died. 

And, Steve's cajones. Can't have a wedding without acknowledging that Steve reversed his snip and that's why we are here today! Anna would be a maiden forever since the one god chose for her wouldn't have been born!

  • Upvote 19
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gigi loves her independence.  I think if she moved anywhere it would be one of her other daughters or some sort of assisted living.  
 

Gigi lives in a one level home that is very easy for her to navigate & maintain with all the Maxwell siblings & brides to assist.  I get the feeling that Chelsey & John see her frequently.  I would not be surprised if they run her up to the grocery store etc. 


Gigi is not an idiot.  She definitely understands all of Steve’s peculiarities.  I think she takes as much as she can stand then heads home.

 

If anything I could see Sarah moving in with Gigi.  Sarah loves peace & quiet, and appears to get along well with her grandmother.  

 

  • Upvote 25
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Gigi loves her independence.  I think if she moved anywhere it would be one of her other daughters or some sort of assisted living.  
 

Gigi lives in a one level home that is very easy for her to navigate & maintain with all the Maxwell siblings & brides to assist.  I get the feeling that Chelsey & John see her frequently.  I would not be surprised if they run her up to the grocery store etc. 


Gigi is not an idiot.  She definitely understands all of Steve’s peculiarities.  I think she takes as much as she can stand then heads home.

If anything I could see Sarah moving in with Gigi.  Sarah loves peace & quiet, and appears to get along well with her grandmother.  

 

I don’t think GiGi “puts up” with Steve at all; she’s probably perfectly content to live within his circle. I don’t know when in the timeline she and her husband were saved, whether it was before or after Steve and Teri moved to Leavenworth, but while they may have influenced her, I don’t see how anything was/is being forced on her. She probably lives (and lived) her life according to her wishes and joins the family when she chooses to. She has it made, really. She’s near family she adores and vice-versa, they help out at almost every turn, and all of her needs are taken care of. It’s possible that one of the girls could move in with her to help further, but even if it got to a point where her needs exceeded what the family was capable of handing, she would probably go to a facility near the Maxwells because it just makes sense. I certainly can’t see her leaving the area she’s called home for many years to run off and live with Aunt Tami. 

As for Anna 3.0, her family is cut from the same fundie cloth as the Maxwells. Why would her parents have any issues with her joining the cult? They know exactly who the Maxwells are and what they believe so they’re handing her off with eyes wide open and most likely think she’s marrying well.

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ticklish said:

Isn't Jesse's room in the attic? Gigi may move in with them, but probably not to his room. I speculated a long time ago that Gigi's house may be sold to a husband of Anna or Mary to keep them under Steve's thumb. But Jesse buying it would make sense too. I wonder if they'd move Gigi into the nursing home where they have their church. 

Yes, I'm wondering about the mothership's layout in terms of accessibility. An attic room wouldn't be a good fit for a woman in her 90s. And weren't she and Grandad in a pretty bad car accident a few years ago? I feel like I've seen a walker near her in some family gatherings in recent years. She can't be tromping up and down stairs to get to bed or the bathroom.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has Sarah started writing "Quarantine with the Moodys" yet?

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 31
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Since the Maxwells are all about secrecy, I thought I'd get a jump on Jesse & Anna Craig's courtship story.

Jesse:

I first met Anna a couple years ago. We didn't really talk, she hung out with my sisters doing girl things in the kitchen, as they should. After some random amount of time we met again and had the chance to talk. Her heart for the LORD was apparent and I found myself considering her an option. I prayed & fasted, then talked to my dad. My dad waited a few months to make sure the LORD was sending the same message he'd already decided on, then told me I could call Anna's dad. I prepared a thesis about why the LORD wants us together and hour how we can be used for our god's glory if only we could be together. Anna's dad prayed & fasted (and talked to my dad, to make sure I wasn't lying - that's accountability, folks). Our dad's agreed that our families should get together to make sure we don't have any crazy thoughts that disagree, like wearing pants or not polishing cabinets every 6 weeks. Their whole family came over for an Auntie's park day and we all played in the back yard and I really got to see Anna play with my nieces & nephews, while keeping her skirt down and cooking hot dogs just to my liking. 

After they left, Anna's dad talked to her in the safety of their own home. He told her I was ready to marry & make babies. He called me a couple of days later and said Anna agreed to make babies with me and clean my house and make my food. 

God is so good! I am marrying my best friend, my one true love for life! 

Now, we get to meet and talk. We kept one foot apart (not for that hoax social distancing, but because god demands we be pure of the opposite sex until the wedding night when we magically have all the passion in the world). We went for a walk and I popped the question with a ring I chose because I liked it and it represented our great love. She said yes!

We went back to our families and posed for a bunch of pictures and talked about MY house and how it will be great when she gets to live in it with me. I decided it will be all grey, no color to distract from the glory WE are bringing to god. 

In six weeks I will marry the love of my life and I am so excited at how god wrote our love story and brought us together at exactly the right time. 

 

Anna:

Daddy told me I am going to marry Jesse Maxwell because he is the love of my life and my very best friend. I guess he talked to Jesse's dad and together, they agreed god told them we were born for each other.  I think we planned a wedding for May 23, but you will probably have to ask one of our daddies about that. We can stand near each other for pictures, but we've never talked to each other without someone else holding us accountable. I'm so glad I get to remain pure for the one god chose for me. I am so happy I get to marry a godly young man with a heart for the LORD. He is my soul mate. 

Oh, and he has his very own house without a mortgage! That makes him best of the best and no man could ever deserve me more. I think he is selling the one he already has and will buy a new one for just us. I think he found one that is .1 mile from his daddy - the first one was .3 miles away and that was way too far. I am so excited I get to live practically next door to every member of the Maxwell family and learn from them and be their sister in love. They even gave me a new name to mark my entrenchment in the Maxwell way of life. I am now Anna Patricia. Never, ever forget the Patricia part of my name because then someone might think you are talking about one of the other Anna's and they just cannot keep us straight. 

You just forgot the ‘I didn’t really think much of her/him at first. Didn’t even notice them. Nope, not one bit.” At the beginning of both sides of the story. 

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

You just forgot the ‘I didn’t really think much of her/him at first. Didn’t even notice them. Nope, not one bit.” At the beginning of both sides of the story. 

Also, we need a line about Anna being contented in her single season of life!!

  • Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

They would not move her into a nursing home.. she would have too much freedom and exposure to the world, friendships and entertainment.. UNLESS it is she that would make the offer to sell her house to Jesse because it is just too much to upkeep and she wants to move to the local assisted living center where she has help as needed, and lots of like  minded peers to pass the day with! 

Why would Jesse need her house? He has a house.

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don’t think Steve has as much control over Gigi as people seem to think. Teri isn’t her only child and we know she seems to have a good relationship with the others. Didn’t she go on a cruise with her other daughter a few years ago? Just because the Maxwell’s don’t blog about Gigi’s other family doesn’t mean they are absent from her life. She could have other relatives over her house all the time and we would never know about it. Honestly, if Gigi was your mom, would you be allowing Steve to make decisions for her? Also, I think if Steve could control Gigi, she would have been out of her house long ago. We have no reason to believe he makes decisions on her behalf. We have no reason to believe he has a valid power of attorney or conservatorship over her or her affairs so he would have no legal right to do anything on her behalf.

As for the wedding, I think it might be delayed so they can have a big event and brag about the first kiss and how everyone there acknowledged they knew where they would go when they died. 

She went on a cruise with the daughter in Alabama whose name is on the tip of my tongue and wore pants.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      What do people do in the Sonoran desert? I've hiked the hikes I wanted to do. Seems like all that is left is golf, shopping at chains that exist everywhere, and stuff I've done. Oh and eating. I can only eat so many times a day. It's too cold to rent a paddleboard or swim. 
      · 0 replies
    • KnittingOwl

      KnittingOwl

      First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 3 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Nebraska's new football coach is an evangelical bullshit artist who participates in "Man Up Ministries" conferences in the off season. Their motto is "Fighting for Biblical Manhood". Excuse me while I go vomit. 
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Don't know I'd charge quite that much though.
       

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Wisconsin’s first thanksgiving 

      · 0 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      Long time no visit…
      COVID has finally caught up with me. Dad tested positive first, last Friday, then my mother, brother and I all tested positive today. Main symptom is feeling really really tired. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse 🤞 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah probably not the best place to put that quote...

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      If I still did the Catholic thing with confession this would be the priest who heard mine..

      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Do I wear it?
      i was given a vintage, 70 year old mink coat. It fits like it was made for me. Somehow my cousin, who is 8 years older than me came into 3 gorgeous fur coats from a granddaughter of a woman her mother knew. We’re talking women who died in the mid 60’s.  None of them would fit her or any other of the women in my family. Yay for essentially being a ball. Everyone else is about 5’7 or more and all outweigh me by 50+. 
       
      it is just gorgeous. What women in Skokie and Highland Park many years ago, when I still lived there would call a “serviceable” fur. It was the fur they’d wear to a good restaurant, but not the opera or symphony.
      do I wear it? I’d love to, and I live in hunting country so fur isn’t looked down on. But is it wrong?  Arrrgh god its pretty.
      · 6 replies
    • JoyfulSel

      JoyfulSel

      A modern day love story: Guy reaches out to you, you think he's cute so you start talking to him, give him your number. Guy then messages if you're free, you reply yes, guy never responds again. Love that. 👌
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.