IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

RE nicknames

I somehow thought that Marie wasn't NR Anna's actual middle name? Does anyone have facts on this? Did I imagine it?

Also, do they really call her that day-to-day or just for the blog readers?

28 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

RE nicknames

I somehow thought that Marie wasn't NR Anna's actual middle name? Does anyone have facts on this? Did I imagine it?

Also, do they really call her that day-to-day or just for the blog readers?

Not sure if they call her Anna-Marie day-to-day. But I do think her middle name is Marie. I think I read that awhile ago. 

• Upvote 4

New post up on Easter Sunday.  Sounded like a typical Maxhell day...Bible Time, church live streamed, coffee, meals with household members, interactions with the extended family.  No pics of Smug Joe and his family though.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

No pics of Smug Joe and his family though.

He's the dark horse for me.  I am curious as to if/how his (and Elissa's) beliefs may have evolved.

They may be just as hard core, idk, I just wonder due to how their family seems to be far less visible lately.

You know what I would love?  Have you guys seen those youtube videos from Vanity Fair giving celebrities lie detector tests?  They are hit or miss for humor (although the ep with Colin Jost and Michael Che is hilarious) but I'd loooove to see a series of lie detector tests on the Maxwell DILs.  Just what they really think of Steve and Teri.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

For a taste of who Nathan is, watch this. His kindergarten teacher tone is obnoxious.

Joe has a bunch of videos on YouTube for SwiftOtter, too. They give some insight into how he "works". 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

Since Anna is getting treated in WA, I wonder what she'll be doing for follow-ups.  Can doctors in KS properly evaluate her progress if she got a treatment protocol that's different from what they use?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

For a taste of who Nathan is, watch this. His kindergarten teacher tone is obnoxious.

Joe has a bunch of videos on YouTube for SwiftOtter, too. They give some insight into how he "works". 

I couildn't even make it to 50 seconds - that was awful.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

It always seems like the Maxwells all write like that, too.  Steve's condescending posts are the worst, but I've noticed Sarah does it in her posts too.  Teri's posts as well.  The Maxwells all seem to think pretty darn highly of themselves, and assume they're talking to little school children.

Anna Marie hasn't caught the Maxwell condescension bug yet.  Her posts come across friendly and conversational.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

It always seems like the Maxwells all write like that, too.  Steve's condescending posts are the worst, but I've noticed Sarah does it in her posts too.  Teri's posts as well.  The Maxwells all seem to think pretty darn highly of themselves, and assume they're talking to little school children.

Anna Marie hasn't caught the Maxwell condescension bug yet.  Her posts come across friendly and conversational.

From what I recall the few posts of Jesse's I'd read he does as well.

He also seems to have a much better command of language than either his parents or sisters...I think he might be a reader!

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

That was frustrating to listen to!  The way he uses his voice is atrocious, both the construction of his 'talk' and the tone of its delivery are way off the mark to the point of being cringe-worthy.  He actually has a really nice voice, the pitch is easy to listen to and his accent isn't overpowering - it's a shame no-one has taught him how to put a talk together so it sounds professional or how to use his voice correctly.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Syriana said:

That was frustrating to listen to!  The way he uses his voice is atrocious, both the construction of his 'talk' and the tone of its delivery are way off the mark to the point of being cringe-worthy.  He actually has a really nice voice, the pitch is easy to listen to and his accent isn't overpowering - it's a shame no-one has taught him how to put a talk together so it sounds professional or how to use his voice correctly.

He has the potential to be a good speaker...if he can keep the smug out of his voice.  His words drip with smug.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He has the potential to be a good speaker...if he can keep the smug out of his voice.  His words drip with smug.

Smug!  That's both the perfect description of his delivery and a big part of what's so wrong with it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Syriana said:

I just think he is trying to imitate someone he thinks is cool on the internet/YouTube trying to be a hip millennial.  The problem is that it comes off as totally fake not like they are this cool hip company that will provide you excellent service.  That is the downside of being one step removed from reality. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Syriana said:

So condescending, and (IMO) utterly lacking in substance.  Nothing about their training/certifications, years of experience, types of jobs they've done and what their focus is, whether they've had return customers and/or can provide references, can they handle all stages of development or just (maybe) fix some stuff that's broken or obsolete, etc.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

I think Joe’s real test will be when Calia reaches school age. He tries to look normal for business, but I wonder if that extends to his kids’ education or if Maxhell will kick in.

• Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, FreeTheScapegoats said:

I think Joe’s real test will be when Calia reaches school age. He tries to look normal for business, but I wonder if that extends to his kids’ education or if Maxhell will kick in.

I doubt they’ve made any significant changes. All we know is they took Jesus off the website. Imo they'll homeschool like the rest of them. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, FreeTheScapegoats said:

she is school aged. Sure she is homeschooled and helps mama to look after Caleb.

It would be great to see some Grandmaxwells at school, but I doubt it happens. 

• Upvote 10

Technically Calia would be ready for T-K this fall which is optional.  She would have a year to go before Kindergarten.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Well, I guess everyone has their limits, including Joseph Maxwell. Having kids in private school tends to convey a certain image (which he cares about or otherwise he’d still have Jesus on the website), but the risk of heathen playmates might just be too much. Or even Christian school, if the classmates are not the right kind of Christian for Grandpa.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I saw the Resurrection Sunday recap on the Maxwell blog. I noticed the Joe and Elissa's family weren't mentioned. At this point I hope that if Jesse does move away from the Maxwell compound to be near his wife's family it inspires not only Joseph, but John to do the same. Like many, I don't think Elissa got a warm welcome by the family and Chelsy jumps in her car every chance she gets to go to Iowa or wherever her family is to get away from the compound. After this pandemic is over, I think Chelsy is going to be pushing John into thinking about moving to Iowa since she doesn't really have a social life. Joseph may pack up and move to Kentucky based on the fact his snubs Elissa every chance they get. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, FreeTheScapegoats said:

Well, I guess everyone has their limits, including Joseph Maxwell. Having kids in private school tends to convey a certain image (which he cares about or otherwise he’d still have Jesus on the website), but the risk of heathen playmates might just be too much. Or even Christian school, if the classmates are not the right kind of Christian for Grandpa.

That would be a HUGE wake up call for Joseph if he chooses to put his kids in a private Christian school. Chances are his kids will be exposed to "the beast," pop culture things like teen idols and magazines like American Girl, and holiday decorations like jack-o-lanterns for Halloween and bunnies for Easter. Although the school could have a restriction on Halloween, that is not going to stop other parents in the school from letting their kids participating in parties and trick or treating. Elissa may have more exposure to things like television shows and Halloween, but Steve and Teri have prided themselves on making sure Joseph wouldn't even know how to work a TV remote and Halloween decorations are Christmas lights. I can easily see Elissa pushing Joseph to let the kids be exposed to participating in activities outside the Maxwell's.

Honestly, that is why I think Steve and Teri don't like her like they do with Melanie and Anna Marie. They were able to keep their entire family in a bubble until Elissa married Joseph and refused to confirm completely to Maxwellian ways. Steve and Teri would be furious if they ever went over and found out that one of their grandchildren were given the green light to watch a movie and/or TV show on "the beast" at a friend's house. The two of them really need to swallow their pride or they are going to push Joseph and Elissa out the door. 

• Upvote 10

Wait, hold up. I thought Elissa was from a strict fundie family as well. I just thought she liked keeping to herself. Plus they don't live as close as the others. I don't think any of the ladies will ever reach the fundie wife status of Anna Marie. Has anyone ever seen her in a regular dress she didn't make. Nothing wrong with sewing, but I wonder if she even owns a long denim skirt. That's a fundie girl trademark around here.

• Upvote 12

I would think a local oncologist could do the followupcare on Anna. Basically, once you complete chemo and radiation,  your treatment is done. You're watched regularly, and scanned sometimes, to check for recurrence and to ensure you're tolerating the tamoxifen or whatever other hormonal treatment you may get.  That's all actually pretty routine and wouldn't require the doctor who prescribed the chemo to be your follow up doctor. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Wait, hold up. I thought Elissa was from a strict fundie family as well. I just thought she liked keeping to herself. Plus they don't live as close as the others. I don't think any of the ladies will ever reach the fundie wife status of Anna Marie. Has anyone ever seen her in a regular dress she didn't make. Nothing wrong with sewing, but I wonder if she even owns a long denim skirt. That's a fundie girl trademark around here.

She was raised in a similar way to the Maxwell's, but not completely. In fundie culture the wife is expected to confirm to her husband's way as she is living under his roof. Anna Marie and Melanie both did that perfectly. A few people have found photos of Elissa wearing pants and skirts *gasp* above the knee on Facebook pages. Also, Steve and Teri did a good job with cutting Joseph and the rest of their children off from the outside world. Elissa's family, I believe, didn't do that. After all Joseph's parents are notorious for ensuring their children have little to no interaction outside the family, even when they are traveling. I doubt Elissa would be okay with keeping her kids only friends being their cousins and residents at the retirement community their church is.

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up on Easter Sunday.  Sounded like a typical Maxhell day...Bible Time, church live streamed, coffee, meals with household members, interactions with the extended family.  No pics of Smug Joe and his family though.

I can't figure out why they all call it "Resurrection Sunday."  Why can't they call it Easter like normal people? I grew up in some pretty conservative churches, and we sometimes referred to Easter as "Resurrection Sunday," but most of the time it was simply, "Easter Sunday."  It is as if they are trying to make a point about how holy they are.  It just annoys me for some reason. 

2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

She was raised in a similar way to the Maxwell's, but not completely. In fundie culture the wife is expected to confirm to her husband's way as she is living under his roof. Anna Marie and Melanie both did that perfectly. A few people have found photos of Elissa wearing pants and skirts *gasp* above the knee on Facebook pages. Also, Steve and Teri did a good job with cutting Joseph and the rest of their children off from the outside world. Elissa's family, I believe, didn't do that. After all Joseph's parents are notorious for ensuring their children have little to no interaction outside the family, even when they are traveling. I doubt Elissa would be okay with keeping her kids only friends being their cousins and residents at the retirement community their church is.

Edited by JulineD
  • Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic