IGNORED

Lori Alexander 75: Lori Imagines the Evils Caused by Contraception

To follow up on the face products thread drift: I bought a hyaluronic acid serum this past Friday and I've been using it twice a day, once prior to applying my make up and once after cleaning my face before I go to bed. My neck feels less dry and the eczema looked to be improving as well, it was less dry and a lot less itchy, but this morning it was bright red and very itchy again -__- 

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord y'all, the Horse of Truth has arrived! I can't even summarize the ol' wall o' text today....just know that Lori is a voice in the wilderness and has been anointed by God for this time in history ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

On 3/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, squiddysquid said:

Went to catholic school and believe me those are the real Atheist factories!

Want your 14 year old to read Nietsche, Dante, Blake, Eco... - send them to a Christian boarding school!

We read most of that at my Catholic high school. Assigned in lit or religion classes. 30+ years ago.

But generalizations are always good.  

28 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

Oh Lord y'all, the Horse of Truth has arrived! I can't even summarize the ol' wall o' text today....just know that Lori is a voice in the wilderness and has been anointed by God for this time in history ?

Okay, all you internet meanies -- Ken just wants you to know that God has called Lori to set women straight and Ken "allows" her to do this.  All those people out there trying to say that women don't have to stay in the home are just doing Satan's bidding.  Ken is just letting you know that Jesus will be coming back and you need the Alexanders' superior wisdom to save you.  They are "trying to help win as many people to the Lord as possible before our gracious Lord and Savior returns with a sword in His mouth to smite His enemies."

(Wait... What?  Jesus will be coming back with a sword in his mouth?  Why?  It's a disturbing image.  Maybe he means in metaphorically?  I'm not sure why fundie "Christians" get such a tingle over thinking about someone smiting their enemies...)

At any rate, Ken wants us to know that God put Lori in this time and place to make sure women go scurrying back to the kitchen.  And that having a quiver full of kids is good.  And that it's okay to beat your children because they'll turn into compliant Christian adults.  And that he and his family have "come to honor and adore her love and service in our lives."  He's been worn down has learned to accept her love her.  So saith Ken.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming of endless reruns of "Leave It To Beaver".

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

In the last couple of weeks, Lori has tweeted about masturbation, lack of personal hygiene and menopause. How, exactly, are those topics related to evangelism? How are they related to being a keeper of the home? 

Asking for a friend. 

93ACA61B-5405-49E4-93EF-421D116BDCA0.jpeg

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

In the last couple of weeks, Lori has tweeted about masturbation, lack of personal hygiene and menopause. How, exactly, are those topics related to evangelism? How are they related to being a keeper of the home? 

Asking for a friend. 

93ACA61B-5405-49E4-93EF-421D116BDCA0.jpeg

Perhaps menopause has put Lori over some edge so that now she imagines that everyone is out there masturbating.  Maybe Ken has decided that since she's experiencing mental decline with worsening personal hygiene, she needs to stay in the house.  Maybe she's not a "keeper of the house".  Possibly, it's a typo for "keep HER in the house".

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

If by far the greatest number of those who will be saved in the Kingdom will come from a Christian home, where O Church is our best investment and return? Tip-toeing around the Seekers?

But...but aren't the Seekers the ones you're trying to reach? Those in the 'Christian home' are already saved, are they not, Ken? No need to evangelize them, it's the Seekers you need to be reaching out to, amirite?

There is zero logic with either of these two. :roll:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Loveday said:

But...but aren't the Seekers the ones you're trying to reach? Those in the 'Christian home' are already saved, are they not, Ken? No need to evangelize them, it's the Seekers you need to be reaching out to, amirite?

I am so glad you mentioned this. I was recently re-reading her note to her readers and noticed this line I marked in red.  She admits she doesn’t want to interact with those who are unaware of Biblical teaching. So, she is DELIBERATELY “preaching  to the choir.”

Can’t get our hands dirty trying to save the unsaved, can we? 

5248E76B-D00C-425D-9B77-014386BC6C9C.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

@louisa05 pretty sure the OP was saying that most Catholic schools teach those texts (mine did), and that's why many students leave Catholic school as atheist or agnostic . . .

Most Catholic private high schools are college-prep, dedicated to intellectualism (, etc. They teach philosophy and religion. Hence why Catholics learn more about the actual Bible history and process than many fundies, and hence why they might come to question their beliefs. 

I don't think it's a generalization because many Catholic schools have the same curriculum based on their diocese or the expectations of the Catholic colleges. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Xan said:

Perhaps menopause has put Lori over some edge so that now she imagines that everyone is out there masturbating. 

Thank God...finally a symptom of this nightmare I don't have.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

Also the fact that she's "teaching to the choir" as others have said is even dumber since she never gives practical advice. Most blogs that are geared towards fundie submissive wives offer actual advice, recipes, schedules, calendars, mealplans, homeschool supplies, etc. 

• Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Also the fact that she's "teaching to the choir" as others have said is even dumber since she never gives practical advice. Most blogs that are geared towards fundie submissive wives offer actual advice, recipes, schedules, calendars, mealplans, homeschool supplies, etc. 

Exactly. I can’t understand how her followers don’t pick up on this. All of her “advice” is a link to somebody else’s tips. Lori has no practical experience from which others can learn so she has to use other, more knowledgeable writers to answer questions. 

She cannot advise on homeschooling.

She cannot advise on budgeting,

She cannot advise on housekeeping or cooking or involvement with her children.

She has absolutely nothing to offer except scripture and she can’t even help others apply that scripture to their daily walk. 

Oh, and hate. She does offer a large amount of hate. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I told Ken once that if his god does exist, that he and Lori will have to answer for those they have turned away, and that they would have the blood of the lost on their hands.  That's when he blocked me on FB.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

I commented one time on Lori’s Facebook page. It was after her hateful post about Lysa TerKeurst’s separation from her husband. Lori was gleeful in her disdain for Lysa. 

In my comment, I respectfully reminded Lori of her huge following and encouraged her to show grace and compassion. 

That comment got me blocked. Seeing what she allows now from the men she adores, it is crazy to think of all the female commenters she blocked for attempting a peaceful exchange. 

Also, are we to forget how Lori has danced on the grave of the late Rachel Held Evans?  How did THAT spread the gospel or teach women to be keepers at home? I wish Ken would try to justify these things rather than lie about beating their child for four hours over “raisans.”

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Marly said:

To follow up on the face products thread drift: I bought a hyaluronic acid serum this past Friday and I've been using it twice a day, once prior to applying my make up and once after cleaning my face before I go to bed. My neck feels less dry and the eczema looked to be improving as well, it was less dry and a lot less itchy, but this morning it was bright red and very itchy again -__- 

I tried something with that in it that’s apparently recommended for sensitive skin. Instant reaction. Gave it to my mom. She gets a lot of free skin care products in my trial and error searches. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

In my comment, I respectfully reminded Lori of her huge following and encouraged her to show grace and compassion. 

But she's always extending or urging others to have grace and compassion for the likes of Trey, Donald Trump, Melania Trump or anyone else who fits their agenda. But working women? -- Nope!  People who politely disagree? NOPE People who don't follow her way with 100% accuracy? NOPE

• Upvote 12

What has Ken and Lori so extra worked up today? My busy weekend and then  work week has clearly caused me to miss something!

• Upvote 3

If Lori's blog is a "home for like-minded women" then who is she teaching if her readers already agree with her?

And why does she allow men to comment at all, much less the one's who are just there to say the nastiest things about women they can possibly think of?

And how are white supremacists allowed to comment?   What do they have to do with anything she supposedly teaches?

I also like how she says if your desire is not to do God's will then pass her blog by.  As we all know only people who agree with Lori are in God's will. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 9

Lori has for years has repeated the story she and Ken took turns beating one of their children for 4 hours over spilled "raisans".

Then when someone calls Lori out as a child abuser -- by repeating hers own story (ya know the one she's been telling for years)  -- why then it's slander, Lies. All lies. Terrible lies.

Such terrible lies that Ken and his Horse o" Truth (TM) had to ride in and build a wall of text. Why you ask?  Because

"About every six to twelve months, I sense the need to try and set the record straight concerning the Alexanders." 

In this wall that he needed to build to "set the record straight" he writes that .....  oh nos ...... Lori mis-wrote (for years) the story about the 4-hour beating. (bolding mine)

Some time ago, Lori wrote that we spanked one of our children for four hours. What she should have said is that we had to discipline a stubborn child for four hours with some swats on the bottom followed by long “time outs” in her bed, until finally, about four hours later the child did what they were told to do. There was no upset or yelling, the swats were not excessive, just explaining clearly to our child that they cannot say “No!” to their parents in our family.

Except Kenny-boy she didn't say that every time she told that story (for years). She said you beat your child for 4 hours.

That is not an ambiguous statement. She wasn't vague. She was very clear in what she wrote.  If you had a problem with it you could have corrected the story years ago -- right after she wrote it.

But you didn't. Why Kenny-boy? Why?  Was it because no one until recently was spreading far and wide on the interwebz the truth about your and Lori's abuse "discipline"?

And let's not forget Kenny-boy that Lori has gleefully told us (for years) about the Alexander's discipline tool. You remember -- the foot-long hard leather strap you used on your children.  You know the leather strap use used for "swats on the bottom." 

So ...um... no...... Kenny boy. No matter how much you try to get us to believe none of what Lori told us (for years) is the truth, we know better.

When people tell you who they are, believe them.  We believed Lori's beating story the first time.

We still do.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

We read most of that at my Catholic high school. Assigned in lit or religion classes. 30+ years ago.

But generalizations are always good.  

I read those in my freetime.

Got curious + a bit of teenage rebellion amongst all the teaching of catholics are morally superior, no grey zones when you have he bible.

14-year old me probably wouldn't have spent so much time questioning the way I was brought up without that conseravtive bullshit.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I'd meant to post this days ago when the subject of Lori not bathing often and not using deodorant came up, but a guy I worked with one summer who was an avid backpacker said that you didn't notice your stench after about a week.  Maybe Lori's just gone nosebleed.  Or maybe not.  

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic