IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@BemusedByFundamentalism, it is possible Jill was there but not photographed if this being filmed for Counting On. 

Yes I thought of that option too, but the footage shared on Instagram is casually shot, so if she would've been there, there wouldn't be a reason for Jinger or Lauren to leave her out their pictures/video I think.

There is no additional room at the two tables, every seat is occupied by a Duggar daughter (or wife) or an infant car seat. Jill is conspicuously absent.

Boundaries are healthy. I hope Jill is living a life she desires and that she begins more and more to support all other types of people and families being free to choose the life they desire as well.

• Upvote 8

Good catch! In order of associated Duggar age and not including 3rd gen:

Michelle, Anna, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Lauren, Joy, Johanna, Jordyn Jennifer, Josie.

Missing are Abbie and Jill and Kendra.

Edited by theotherelise
Kendra
  • Upvote 7

There was one empty seat. I think it was behind Michelle. I wonder who was taking the photo, and perhaps sitting in that seat? Also, recently, both Kendra and Abbie posted photos from a marriage conference that they were attending. Maybe those ladies were away at the time of the luncheon? 

Maybe I’m odd, but wouldn’t a pot luck or catered  (take out Mexican, sandwiches etc...) luncheon at the Duggars be more warm and personable? The Duggars have that big table where everyone could sit together and the youngsters (not babies) could be more free to converse or play/entertain themselves.

• Upvote 4

Just now, SassyPants said:

Maybe I’m odd, but wouldn’t a pot luck or catered  (take out Mexican, sandwiches etc...) luncheon at the Duggars be more warm and personable? The Duggars have that big table where everyone could sit together and the youngsters (not babies) could be more free to converse or play/entertain themselves.

It would probably be more comfortable, but I remember when my kids were small on the rare occasions we ate out the best part for me was not having to clear the table/do dishes.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

There was one empty seat. I think it was behind Michelle. I wonder who was taking the photo, and perhaps sitting in that seat? Also, recently, both Kendra and Abbie posted photos from a marriage conference that they were attending. Maybe those ladies were away at the time of the luncheon? 

Jinger only flew back yesterday so I think the breakfast is today. 

I guess it would be more difficult to do a ‘ladies’ breakfast at the house as there would be all the males hanging round.

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It would probably be more comfortable, but I remember when my kids were small on the rare occasions we ate out the best part for me was not having to clear the table/do dishes.  

But then the lost girls would be doing all the food prep, cooking, serving and cleanup. While probably having to watch all the little nieces and nephews as well.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Dishes...Duggars... Bring in 5, 32 gallon trash cans and put all the garbage in the bins. 10 minutes later, it’s all done. LOL!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Dishes...Duggars... Bring in 5, 32 gallon trash cans and put all the garbage in the bins. 10 minutes later, it’s all done. LOL!

Ha!  You are correct!  I was thinking about my life that actually included non disposable dishware.  :) 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

So, according to stories posted on Instagram by both Jinger and Lauren, there is a "ladies breakfast" going on in Arkansas with all the Duggar women. I don't see Jill in the pictures/video. I really hope that she is in a place emotionally where she doesn't care, or that she was invited but couldn't attend. Otherwise, I feel very sorry for her. That must hurt.

Would she be invited if they were filming for the show? She might just be seated off to the side. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

Would she be invited if they were filming for the show? She might just be seated off to the side. 

Perhaps Jill no longer qualifies as a "lady?"

• Upvote 1

I wonder how Joy feels about all of this. She was in Jill’s buddy group, and one who I thought was more likely to break away, but she seems pretty steeped in the koolaid.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

I wonder how Joy feels about all of this. She was in Jill’s buddy group, and one who I thought was more likely to break away, but she seems pretty steeped in the koolaid.

I only have two sisters, but if one were deliberately excluded from an event I wouldn't go.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

I tend to think that these folks are so emotionally stunted that they do not truly connect and internalize relationships like most other people. For all the talk about how they are all each other’s besties, I just don’t see it. I think the Duggars were raised rather feral; like a pack wolves, and one would just as soon turn on another one in order to save one’s self. At the moment, JB can offer homes for a dollar and a steady stream of income, and Jill really can’t help the others in any way that is quite so tangible. Of course, things could change as time goes on and JB’s hold eventually loosens. 

12 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I only have two sisters, but if one were deliberately excluded from an event I wouldn't go.

Even if your livelihood depended on it? Without Bank of DaddyDuggar there likely  would be no income, homes, cars, trips, childcare, or jobs, for most.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Even if your livelihood depended on it? Without Bank of DaddyDuggar there likely  would be no income, homes, cars, trips, childcare, or jobs, for most.

That's a good point.  I was thinking of it from inside my relationships and family...where we have to earn our own livings.

• Upvote 5

It's possible the either Abbie's or Kendra's little ones weren't feeling well. There are tons of bugs going around with under 3's where I live.

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I tend to think that these folks are so emotionally stunted that they do not truly connect and internalize relationships like most other people. For all the talk about how they are all each other’s besties, I just don’t see it. I think the Duggars were raised rather feral; like a pack wolves, and one would just as soon turn on another one in order to save one’s self. At the moment, JB can offer homes for a dollar and a steady stream of income, and Jill really can’t help the others in any way that is quite so tangible. Of course, things could change as time goes on and JB’s hold eventually loosens. 

OK I'm not a psychiatrist but I have pretty good narcissist-parent radar, and IMO JB and JChelle fall --leap--into that territory. No problems at all turning the siblings on one another and my bet is that Jill, who has committed the deep insult of disturbing the status quo, is the scapegoat de jure.
Edited to say it might not be just the money, but simply parental approval, that will encourage the others to shun Jill. 

Edited by patsymae
added comment
  • Upvote 13

53 minutes ago, patsymae said:

OK I'm not a psychiatrist but I have pretty good narcissist-parent radar, and IMO JB and JChelle fall --leap--into that territory. No problems at all turning the siblings on one another and my bet is that Jill, who has committed the deep insult of disturbing the status quo, is the scapegoat de jure.
Edited to say it might not be just the money, but simply parental approval, that will encourage the others to shun Jill. 

I know these folks don’t operate in the real world as we know it, but money feeds, clothes and keeps a roof over a head; provides  for warmth/cooling in our world. I’m sure for many Duggars, kowtowing to JB is easier than providing for one’s self and the many dependent blessings. Heck, without JB’s money ( or the money he doles out), most of the families would be unable to provide for themselves. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 2/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, nokidsmom said:

I am in IL and this was some time ago but my anti-vax SIL got a religious exemption for my niece which really ticked me off.  Not just because SIL was in no way religious but she bought into the same anti-vax woo as her mother.   MIL got her own naprapath (bear in mind this was MIL's provider, SIL and niece were not patients) to sign off on the exemption because no way would SIL's pediatrician do it.    

I live in Illinois, it is next to impossible to enroll your kid in school without vaccines.  My school district is hyper vigilant about the laws.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I also think that if they are genuinely following the indoctrination they agree that Jill is rebelling and probably are praying for her repentance and return.

When you throw in the spiritual abuse, it’s not just about someone choosing a different path but has to do with their eternal status. So in that sense they could easily be led to think that shunning of this sort is “loving.”

• Upvote 12

It just makes me irrationally ragey that Jill raised about a quarter of her parent’s offspring and yet they can pretend she doesn’t exist now. It’s effed up and shame on them.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

I live in Illinois, it is next to impossible to enroll your kid in school without vaccines.  My school district is hyper vigilant about the laws.

I worked in McLean county and I have never seen such strict rabies laws.  The animal control there would find you and make sure your animals were up to date on vaccines and licensed with the town.  If there was a bite incident they were ON IT for rabies quarantines.

Glad to see it was across the board for vaccines - they are SO important for public health.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic