IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

The first thing I saw in the pic above is the little guy in the front who looks like he's making a funny face. ? Way to go, little one!

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

The first thing I saw in the pic above is the little guy in the front who looks like he's making a funny face. ? Way to go, little one!

Is that Sam? From some of Jill’s past comments, I’m envisioning Sam to be a bit wild, and that he is giving Jill a run for her money.

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Sam and Izzy are both there, but I don't think Jessa's or Anna's boys are there. 

Lest they be around public school boys!

Joking of course :) 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Wowee look at Jill go!

As much as Derick is not my kind of person, it would seem that she is starting to see a bigger picture. That maybe, her upbringing was wrong and that she can live a better quality of life. 

Fingers crossed she gets to go to real school too. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:45 PM, CheeseGirl said:

Public school also means Jill and Derick will continue vaccinating their children ?

There's always religious exemptions, sadly

Sorry, late to the conversation

Edited by Mlissmartin

Smashed those MFing keys to get over here when I saw Jill’s insta post about enrolling Izzy in school 

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2020 at 7:04 PM, TeaELSee said:

I live in Illinois, it is next to impossible to enroll your kid in school without vaccines.  My school district is hyper vigilant about the laws.

I am glad to hear that.  As I mentioned what my SIL did was a long time ago (late 80s), but even then I was flabbergasted that she could enroll her unvaccinated kids, claiming a religious belief she didn't have.    

My youngest sister was very ill as a baby and didn't get her vaccines (medical reasons) until just before she started elementary school but she got them.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Is that Sam? From some of Jill’s past comments, I’m envisioning Sam to be a bit wild, and that he is giving Jill a run for her money.

True, it seems so. However, Jill appears to have needed some time to adjust to the demands of parenthood (no judgement there!) and I could imagine Sam’s just a normal lively little guy who’s portrayed as a bit of a wild child. I don’t think he’s unusually tough to parent. 

13 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Fingers crossed she gets to go to real school too. 

I hope so! Derick is very open to the idea of continuing his education and I bet in 10 years time, we’ll have witnessed Jill do something in terms of learning herself. Maybe it’ll be community college, maybe she’ll work towards being a real nurse or midwife (though I’m not sure if this ship has sailed after her own unsuccessful natural births). I’m starting to feel reasonably hopeful for her. And by reasonable, I mean that I still expect her to remain a pro-gun, anti-choice conservative. But her own life and that of her children might look much better and more independent than the one she was raised to lead. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Jill looks so great in those pics, with her haircut and jeans. Love it, and that she didn't change once around family.

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

On 2/27/2020 at 6:31 PM, SilverBeach said:

I couldn't be friends with folks who didn't fax for non-medical reasons. They are a danger to public health. I would not want my child in a classroom with unvaccinated kids.

I have a friend who is SO anti-vax that she gave me crap for getting the MMR shot in my 30's (I had the shot as a kid but wasn't immune to one of them and my doc suggested I get the booster because I was trying to get pregnant). 
Mind you - this was a shot I had as a kid, had ZERO ill effects from and there was a measles outbreak not far from us. So - all very good reasons for me, as a grown up, to get the booster. 

I ended up falling out with this friend for a number of reasons. But one of them was I just didn't want to listen her tell me how vaccinations were evil when I did have a kid. She didn't vaccinate, went against doctors orders and decided about 3 weeks before she was due with Kid2 that she wanted a VBAC, at home and then one of her kids ended up having autism (and SHOCKING - he wasn't vaccinated!) 

• Upvote 7

Jill Just posted a photo about voting today. Does this mean she has voted in the Democratic primaries? Canadian here so if an American could clarify, do you have to be a registered Democrat in AR to vote in the primaries or is it open to all?

10 minutes ago, purpleprincess said:

Jill Just posted a photo about voting today. Does this mean she has voted in the Democratic primaries? Canadian here so if an American could clarify, do you have to be a registered Democrat in AR to vote in the primaries or is it open to all?

My quick googling shows AR being an open primary, so yes she can vote in the democratic one. But there are also other votes on the ballot other than president, so I don't think we should assume she did that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

My quick googling shows AR being an open primary, so yes she can vote in the democratic one. But there are also other votes on the ballot other than president, so I don't think we should assume she did that.

Thanks for answering. The US system of voting is so different from here. 

• I Agree 5

There are also Republican primaries, it just doesn't get covered much because obviously Trump wins them all with like 99%. I'm assuming that's what Jill voted for. Best I'd dare to hope is that she would vote for a different Republican than Trump (not that it'll have any effect).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, purpleprincess said:

Yeah and it also varies state by state. In my state (California) the parties get to decide if they want to let non registered party members vote in their primaries, so republicans only let registered republicans vote in theirs, and democrats let independents and register democrats vote in theirs. 

• Thank You 1

Could she be voting for Jed? Even if he doesn’t have an opponent, there could potentially be a successful write-in campaign, especially since it’s mostly Democrats at the polls today.

20 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Could she be voting for Jed? Even if he doesn’t have an opponent, there could potentially be a successful write-in campaign, especially since it’s mostly Democrats at the polls today.

According to this, no--the GOP Primary election for the seat Jed is running for was canceled: https://ballotpedia.org/Jed_Duggar

• Thank You 4

1 hour ago, purpleprincess said:

There is a Republican presidential primary in Arkansas today.  The media doesn't pay much attention to it because there is not a serious challenger to Trump.  Bill Weld and Rocky De La Fuente are challenging Donald Trump.

• Thank You 5

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

There are local elections going on all over the place today as well. The state I'm in already had their primary and we are having a vote today on a school bond issue and choosing who is going to run for a Senate Seat and our house of representatives.

• Upvote 1

Jinger was wearing a ‘Jed Duggar ‘ hat in her Instagram- I guess we’ll be seeing most of the Duggars wearing them soon. 

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, purpleprincess said:

It's hard to explain our voting system to anyone. 

After the presidential primaries last time - someone I know here in Canada was like "Oh - you have a new president now! Awesome!" 
I said "no... that was just the primary" 

I don't really understand why it has to take years and GOBS of cash. I think they shouldn't be allowed to campaign until a year out or something. But then the Cheeto in Chief has been "campaigning" since he was elected... sigh....

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Meggo said:

But then the Cheeto in Chief has been "campaigning" since he was elected... sigh....

They all do.  As vile as he is it's not unique to him.

That infuriates me about the process, actually.  That these people get a pass from doing their actual jobs; missing votes in the Senate or House, voting "present" rather than what's best for their constituents because they are protecting their record for the next run, acting as if their job is to secure their next job rather than to do what they are currently being paid to do.

How many of us could short change our current employers because we're busy doggedly courting our next opportunity and remain employed?  Maybe politics wouldn't attract so many unstable narcissists if the rules applied to them as well as the rest of us.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic