IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

Initially, weren’t  the Vuolos in temporary housing in LA? Have we heard if they’ve moved to something more permanent?

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Initially, weren’t  the Vuolos in temporary housing in LA? Have we heard if they’ve moved to something more permanent?

There’s been no update- but I’m sure there’ll be a fascinating episode where the sisters go to decorate the new place....

in fact they have been quiet on SM since Jinger was in Arkansas. Maybe they are negotiating terms with TLC/JB  and think revealing too much will hurt their pulling power. I think any major announcements from them eg pregnancy, job change, house move they will be looking for a magazine deal so won’t want to spill too much. The sort of deals they can do will also influence any move -the life they feel entitled to in LA isn’t cheap. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Jinger recently posted a rug add to her stories where you can see their living room. I’m not sure if it’s the house we saw on the show or if it’s a new house, but maybe someone could tell.

Didn't they have like 8 or 9 months to stay in the schools house? When did they move out to LA, has it been 8 months? 

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Didn't they have like 8 or 9 months to stay in the schools house? When did they move out to LA, has it been 8 months? 

They moved in June or July. I remember they were leaving for LA when they got the news that GM Mary at passed, so they drove to Arkansas before they went to LA. So it must have been June.

Just at the glance she offered on the sponsored ad, that looks like the same open kitchen in the background. Doesn’t look like they’ve moved. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

Just at the glance she offered on the sponsored ad, that looks like the same open kitchen in the background. Doesn’t look like they’ve moved. 

It seemed to be a really nice place and probably expensive to buy/rent in the open market.

They'll probably try to stay there until they get their megachurch/TV contract. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

It seemed to be a really nice place and probably expensive to buy/rent in the open market.

They'll probably try to stay there until they get their megachurch/TV contract. 

From the pics it seems big for a couple with one baby...but I don't watch the show so it might be smaller than I think.

I wonder if TLC is picking up the rent?  

Wasn’t home part of some university provided student housing? From the looks of it, that doesn’t seem likely, but I thought I heard J/J say something to that effect.

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t home part of some university provided student housing? From the looks of it, that doesn’t seem likely, but I thought I heard J/J say something to that effect.

On the show they had a tediously contrived ‘searching for a LA home’ piece where they looked at places they were never going to choose before selecting a place owned by the college - but it was supposed to be temporary. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

All I can think of when I look at that off-white rug is how messy it might get- I have a similar rug in my living room and we can hardly keep it clean, and we don't have kids. Maybe I should just stop eating butter chicken in the living room ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

48 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

All I can think of when I look at that off-white rug is how messy it might get- I have a similar rug in my living room and we can hardly keep it clean, and we don't have kids. Maybe I should just stop eating butter chicken in the living room ?

Anna Marie and Christopher Maxwell have white carpet in their living room. White. W.h.i.t.e. It is a weirs choice for couple that (when remodeled the house) expected to have eleventy kids. So either the children are banned of the white area or the carpet is covered most of the time. 

Jinger may have showed a white rug just for advertisement purposes. Or.Felicity plays in another room. Or after 13 younger siblings and 1 daugther, hasn't learned yet that children equal stains.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Anna Marie and Christopher Maxwell have white carpet in their living room. White. W.h.i.t.e. It is a weirs choice for couple that (when remodeled the house) expected to have eleventy kids. So either the children are banned of the white area or the carpet is covered most of the time. 

Jinger may have showed a white rug just for advertisement purposes. Or.Felicity plays in another room. Or after 13 younger siblings and 1 daugther, hasn't learned yet that children equal stains.

When pregnant with my first I bought a white couch.  Super white.  Both my parents tried to tell me but I wouldn't listen.

A week or so into the sippy cup phase I realized what a huge mistake that was.

• Haha 18

Didn’t Jinger say that the top of that carpet peels off and is washable? I wonder if the family has been given an extension on the rental? Who would buy a new carpet for a specific room size when their rental agreement is almost up and they will be moving?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MathQueen said:

Ruggable make a kind of area rug that can be removed from a rubberized based and washed in a washing machine. There may be other brands, too.

Found it! https://ruggable.com/products/damali-black-white-rug?variant=31470584201271

I wonder how they hold up, if the surface is thin enough to fit in a washing machine.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I assume they’re super strict with the kids to insure it stays super white and only let them eat & drink at a table. 

• Upvote 5

My grandma once suggested to her sister that they visit a relative’s new house, and the answer was “We can’t go there, they have white carpets.”

I might be wrong about the details, and I could ask my mother, who is sitting right next to me, but I’m afraid she would ask what brought it up, and I’m definitely not going to attempt to explain FJ to her.

• Haha 19

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

and I’m definitely not going to attempt to explain FJ to her.

Ha!  I've never been able to explain FJ to anyone!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I'm reminded of the episode of Modern Family when Cam and Mitchell were at that woman's house for a kids play date and the juice box leaked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I assume they’re super strict with the kids to insure it stays super white and only let them eat & drink at a table. 

Accidents though?  When my first was learning to walk I got advice from an in-law to not put any of my breakables out of reach, he has to learn not to touch.

Well, I put them in the closed china cabinet as I opted to chose safety and sanity over blind obedience.  I'm not a fan of chaos, but accidents happen and white rugs would make me angsty.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Accidents though?  When my first was learning to walk I got advice from an in-law to not put any of my breakables out of reach, he has to learn not to touch.

Well, I put them in the closed china cabinet as I opted to chose safety and sanity over blind obedience.  I'm not a fan of chaos, but accidents happen and white rugs would make me angsty.

Good point. Hopefully they don’t allow the kids to be in that room rather than harshly controlling their behavior in it. 

• Upvote 3

Majority of my sister's house is white, and she has a 4 and a 2 year old. Zero issues. I guess some people make it work. I'd be too nervous to do it. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve been wanting a ruggable for a while now, but am holding off until we end up in a more permanent living space. Also might change furniture between now and then. 

Breakable stuff is out of reach for my kids. Teaching them not to touch is exhausting and risky. Just not for me. As my husband’s aunt told me, as soon as they’re walking they’ll find everything that breaks for you. So true. I need to be able to leave them for a second to make food or go to the bathroom without worrying for their safety. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

On 3/9/2020 at 2:54 PM, SassyPants said:

Must be some great university to provide that house as student housing. We got boxes the size of their closet.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic