IGNORED

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

JermajestyDuggar

My condolences to his family and friends.  RIP, Jeremiah.

FUCK CANCER.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

This is terribly sad.  His dad is a jerk of the highest level, but I still feel for him.  Losing a child has to be impossibly hard.  Especially so young.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I feel really bad for his biological siblings. First they lose their mom and now they lose Jeremiah. This is horrible.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Here's what the poor kid's dick of a father posted a little while ago on FB.  "The Lord's timing is impeccable. Our dear son, Jeremiah Thomas graduated to glory yesterday, we are working on details today, and tomorrow the Feds come into town to depose Chris Keys and I for the Mother's Day Rescue that took place on May 13th, 2017."

Yeah, impeccable.

(Rusty and about 10 other people were arrested for violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act last year.) 

• Angry 2
  • WTF 13

RIP Jeremiah. My heart goes out to his family, especially his siblings.

I don't want to sound disrespectful or anything, but I hope that Jeremiah's family (especially his dad) don't spin his death into an anti-abortion tale and make some kind of martyr out of him. 

Edited by ophelia
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I hope that Jeremiah's family (especially his dad) don't spin his death into an anti-abortion tale and make some kind of martyr out of him. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's Rusty's plan. 

Just take a gander at his obituary.  "he didn't waste his cancer".

https://www.lakeshorefuneralhome.com/jeremiah-thomas/

Edited by JenniferJuniper
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 6

My sympathy to his siblings. Any sympathy I had for his father was used up to lessen the disgust I have felt for his exploitation of his son. Turns out, there was still disgust left over.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I read that and... there are no words. 

Well OK there are but they involve a lot of swearing and are probably incoherent. Who the hell comes out with that in their son's obituary for crying out loud??

Jeremiah I wish you had had more time. Also a less crappy father, but mostly more time to maybe see that the world he showed you was narrow and nothing compared to the real thing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

18 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's Rusty's plan. 

https://www.lakeshorefuneralhome.com/jeremiah-thomas/

That is very upsetting for me. To use his kid's obituary and life for Rusty's anti abortion stance?! Appalling. There was so much more to Jeremiah than just anti abortion. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

That is very upsetting for me. To use his kid's obituary and life for Rusty's anti abortion stance?! Appalling. There was so much more to Jeremiah than just anti abortion. 

I read the obituary and feel the same way. 

• Upvote 3

It saddens me and it also makes me angry that Rusty uses the tragic death of his son to keep on spreading his agenda of hate mysogyny. 

At the same time it seems like this could be an epitome of the worldview most fundies we discuss here share (at least when it comes to politics): IT.IS.ALL.ABOUT.ABORTION. 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

It saddens me and it also makes me angry that Rusty uses the tragic death of his son to keep on spreading his agenda of hate mysogyny. 

At the same time it seems like this could be an epitome of the worldview most fundies we discuss here share (at least when it comes to politics): IT.IS.ALL.ABOUT.ABORTION. 

It makes me angry.  But I'm not surprised.  Infuriated, but not surprised.  His son is dead and he's using it for his own twisted reasons.

• Upvote 4

Question for some who may know the answer. It was said on at the being of this thread that this kid’s mother also died. Does anyone know if she didn’t have treatment also. 

On 8/29/2018 at 12:53 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

I had to hop off the Facebook comments when Rusty’s supporters rejoiced that ‘at least Jeremiah would be reunited with all the babies (I assume this means aborted fetuses) he was trying to save’.

Regardless of where a person stands on this issue, I don’t think Jeremiah and his cancer should have been tied to the cause (either by his wishes, his father, or supporters). Maybe if he had had a longer life, he would’ve turned out to be as rabid a protester as Rusty is, but sadly he’ll never get the chance to grow up and potentially find compassion for the women he’d targeted. I don’t agree with what Jeremiah supported in the last days, but I can’t help but feel sorry for him being almost overlooked as everyone around him had been caught up in the cause. Shame on Rusty.

Edited by Joyfully_Unavailable
Missed a word
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 8/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, Jana814 said:

Question for some who may know the answer. It was said on at the being of this thread that this kid’s mother also died. Does anyone know if she didn’t have treatment also. 

She died from cancer when Jeremiah was 3.  10 kids.  One was just a baby when she died.

http://www.operationsaveamerica.org/articles/articles/liz-thomas-celebration.htm.html

Jeremiah is the blond boy next to her.   Impossible to say what sort of treatment she got, but Jeremiah was doomed from the point of diagnosis. My understanding is that the parents starting going unconventional when the conventional doctors told him his chances of survival were very low.

• Thank You 3

On 8/30/2018 at 8:35 AM, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I had to hop off the Facebook comments when Rusty’s supporters rejoiced that ‘at least Jeremiah would be reunited with all the babies (I assume this means aborted fetuses) he was trying to save’.

If a fetus goes to heaven when it is "killed", then why isn't abortion a good thing in their world. By their logic it can go on and go to heaven or be born and risk eternal famnation in hell if it decides to not be their flavor if Christian. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

If a fetus was horribly malformed, and would have suffered terribly during its short life, and possibly caused the death of its mother, then would it really be thanking Jeremiah?

I don't think so.

• Upvote 4

Rusty and his family only mentioned that Jeremiah was anti abortion in their tributes and nothing else about him. I mentioned earlier in the thread that my sister's friend's son also had terminal cancer sadly he passed away on Tuesday, our local paper ran a tribute for him describing how he loved Celtic and pictures of him meeting the manager and a few players and meeting UFC fighter Conor McGregor and messages from his family describing the type of person he was. While I do have some sympathy for Rusty, I can't help but think that Jeremiah is being used to gain more publicity for his cause.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

Rusty is in court today, facing federal charges.  

Does anyone know enough about this to know if he is seriously looking at prison time?

His implication, is that he is:

Free.thumb.PNG.82f1340be8839370854f17e747e3a502.PNG

• Upvote 3