IGNORED

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

JermajestyDuggar

3 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I was very dismayed to hear that the idiot (as we refer to the current occupant of the White House) gets to pick the next Supreme Court Judge.

It's terrifying.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 5/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, Jimbo said:

Pro-lifers take very good care of their own children AND other people's children.  We support homes for unwed mothers, adoption centers, free clinics, homes for battered women.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BULLSHIT.

Yeah, look how those children are being treated at the border, and many of their mothers who are fleeing violent homes, or how so many so-called pro-lifers keep fighting against food programs and medical programs, and as far as adoptions and clinics, SCOTUS just determined it's legal for crisis clinics to LIE to women and let them think they're doctors, which can cost women their lives, but also keeps them from seeking services they need or want until they're fucked and have to give birth.

Until you people who claim to be pro-life start giving a shit about the lives of children regardless of where they are both, the loves of women regardless of color or nationality, and start fighting tooth and nail for medical care for ALL AND for food programs to help feed the poor, then you can bend over and shove a red-hot poker up your lying ass.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

On 5/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, VBOY9977 said:

There's nothing I wouldn't do to get my daughters access to needed care.  If I had to lie, cheat, steal, or kill a fucking asshole, I'd do it.  I don't know how Rusty can feel any sense of pride.  If the options are to divert donated funds to a shell, which is actually legal, to qualify for a program to keep a child alive, or to not use a legal loophole and let a child die, I'm pretty sure that any god would want someone to KEEP THAT CHILD ALIVE.  Well, maybe not the god Rusty likes since that asshole ordered the slaughter of babies, but at least Jesus would be saying to do what must be done to save a life.

One of the most shameful things a person can do is to let their child die because of not being willing to get Medicaid.

• Upvote 9

On 5/20/2018 at 3:02 PM, Themanda Duggar said:

How old is this kid?  Couldn’t he be legally emancipated, and then apply for Medicaid based on his own means?  I bet they could even get a judge to facilitate his case based on the emergency it is.

As much as I think he should have access to any treatment available, I can’t help but wonder if putting him through all of it, with the odds being what they are, is really in his best interest.  Another benefit of emancipation would be that Jeremiah would have the authority to consent to further treatment, and to tell them when to stop.

I am so sad for this child.

First, emancipation requires proving to a judge's satisfaction that a minor is capable of providing for themselves.

Second, in most states, teens are already allowed to consent to medical treatment or to deny it.  But it's a double-edged sword.  Teens should be able to get things like birth control that their parents might freak out about, but teens also can turn away medical care that they need, but are too scared to consent to.  As an adult, I've struggled to sign consent forms for some very scary surgeries.  Expecting teens to do that seems cruel.  And I do recall having to sign consent for a surgery I had, and then for my parents to get my medical records from a surgery I had, and I was just 16 at the time.  Thank goodness I didn't know that that wasn't just them and the doctor trying to make me feel like I had more control.  I didn't know until years later that that was legally required in my state for them to get access to my records and for the surgery to happen.  I wouldn't have signed if I knew it wasn't just them trying to make me feel grow up because I was so fucking scared that I wouldn't have signed and could be dead.

So he might already have the power to decline care, or have the power to decide what he will get.  I don't think, though, that he can apply for medicaid on his own since he's still his parents' legal dependent.  And I know for sure he won't qualify for emancipation.  Because he's still a legal dependent.

Sad truth is sometimes the best thing to do is to decline treatment and to opt for palliative care.  As a parent, having to decide on something like that would be a nightmare.

• Upvote 3

Okay, I really want to feel bad for this family, but I'm finding that hard.  Brainwashed or now, Jeremiah is still doing what he can to deprive women of having human rights, and that is making me mad at him.  I won't say I'm glad he's dying, but how he's spending his remaining time really chips away at any pity I'd have for him.  And I can't honestly say I have any pity for his dad when his dad is so dedicated to dehumanizing women.  His dad can fuck himself with a rusty nail.  I don't really care that this is a nightmare for his dad.  Fuck, his dad might even be thinking that this cancer is a blessing since it got his son a chance to push their hateful agenda.  His dad is the driving force behind that family's attempt at creating a nightmare situation for tens of millions of women and girls in this country by making our bodies into property owned by others.  Frankly, whatever hurt Rusty might feel right now is a pain he deserves for the incredible harm he's trying to inflict on others.  What he's trying to do will not only endanger the lives of women who may die because pregnancy risks their lives, but will also endanger the lives of women forcefully impregnated by abusers.  I can't even extend sympathy to Rusty.  He lacks any for women who WILL die for what he's pushing, so I'm not going to waste any on him.  Someone else said someone can be seen as terrible on 364 days a year, but that she'd stand beside that person on a day that person loses a child.  I won't.  I'll be standing beside those whose lives will be lost because of how that fucker is choosing to spend his life to kill others by depriving women of human rights.

• Downvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 2

To clarify, MD Anderson is a hospital that serves the indigent.  Whether or not Rusty applies for MediCaid for his son, Jeremiah will not be denied the highest level of care there.  MD Anderson would love to be reimbursed for at least some of the incredibly substantial costs incurred in caring for Jeremiah, but they do not kick patients to the curb for not having money. 

Rusty having a log too far up his ass to be bothered to apply for MediCaid on behalf of his son while pissing and moaning about their staggering medical bills, because something something Planned Parenthood--the baybeez -- ebil government is an entirely different kettle of fish. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Ugh. They did a video of of the letter and put it up on YouTube and it's monetized. They are exploiting this kid.

• Sad 4
  • WTF 7

@Jug Band Baby I really do feel sorry for Jeremiah. He's just a kid with a rabid anti-choice, controlling father. If he was able to live to adulthood, I could hold him responsible for continuing to perpetuate those beliefs. But he's only 16. He doesn't know shit except what he grew up with. He thinks he's trying to save the world for Jayzus.  If I was 16 and had Rusty for a father, I'd probably be saying and doing the same things as Jeremiah. He is being exploited. :( So I feel sympathy for him, especially because in this life it doesn't look like he's going to have a chance to change and do better. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, Briefly said:

I was very dismayed to hear that the idiot (as we refer to the current occupant of the White House) gets to pick the next Supreme Court Judge.

Honestly, this is his shining moment. It's the reason evangelicals were willing to sell their souls to the devil and elect him. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

22 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Honestly, this is his shining moment. It's the reason evangelicals were willing to sell their souls to the devil and elect him. 

Yes it is.  And when Roe is overturned - and it will be, I see no way of preventing this from happening - then what?  They've got to live with a deranged baby-caging, Russian-controlled traitor just like we do.  Feel good, does it, you fucking fundie lunatics?  Feel all Jesus-like when you hear the babies screaming for their mothers, mothers who may never see them again?

And someday maybe your married daughter who desperately wants a baby learns that her fetus's condition is not compatible with life or that her own health or life may be in jeopardy if she carries to term.  Too bad for her, I guess.  But if she makes a choice to save herself or spare her future child from agony, will you agree that she should be charged with first degree murder and jailed for life?  Or worse?   Because depending on where you are, that's what's going to happen.  

Careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Okay, I really want to feel bad for this family, but I'm finding that hard.  Brainwashed or now, Jeremiah is still doing what he can to deprive women of having human rights, and that is making me mad at him.  I won't say I'm glad he's dying, but how he's spending his remaining time really chips away at any pity I'd have for him.  

He's a terminally ill sixteen year old, who's never known anything else. The way he's spending his remaining time is being dictated by his father. 

Any anger/frustration should be for Rusty.  Jeremiah is the victim here.  He hasn't had time to form his own views and put them into practice.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Anonymousguest said:

Sad isn't it? They prayed for a savior and got him. A man who cheats on his wives, grabs women by the p---y, mocks the disabled (and everyone else), pretends to be a Christian and isn't, really could care less about the Pro-life movement only pandering to them for votes..... I know people who say they are Christians who just dismiss all of that as fake. Its sad. But I digress.... political rant over. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

@Jug Band Baby I really do feel sorry for Jeremiah. He's just a kid with a rabid anti-choice, controlling father. If he was able to live to adulthood, I could hold him responsible for continuing to perpetuate those beliefs. But he's only 16. He doesn't know shit except what he grew up with. He thinks he's trying to save the world for Jayzus.  If I was 16 and had Rusty for a father, I'd probably be saying and doing the same things as Jeremiah. He is being exploited. :( So I feel sympathy for him, especially because in this life it doesn't look like he's going to have a chance to change and do better. 

Reread my post.  I didn't say I'm glad he's dying, though how he's spending his time doing something that will kill others chips away at my pity, and the rest of it was aimed at his dad.  I don't feel bad for his dad at all.  His dad's life's mission is to make other people die because he's an asshole.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Sad isn't it? They prayed for a savior and got him. A man who cheats on his wives, grabs women by the p---y, mocks the disabled (and everyone else), pretends to be a Christian and isn't, really could care less about the Pro-life movement only pandering to them for votes..... I know people who say they are Christians who just dismiss all of that as fake. Its sad. But I digress.... political rant over. 

I'm Christian.  And I agree with you 100%.  I did not, and will not when he runs for re-election, vote for him.  As a woman, and as the mother of a daughter, I'm terrified.  I always considered myself pro-choice until a few years after my daughter was born, then i realized that I really don't like the idea of abortion. So that's when I thought that I must really be pro-life, but my belief about pro-life was not to tell people what they can or can not do and also to offer help to those women who decided not to have an abortion.  Later, after I joined this site actually, I realized that the group I had been donating to was not what they pretended to be - I honestly thought that they helped girls and women with unplanned pregnancies, I know now that they don't and will not support them again.  So I guess I really am pro-choice, although the militant anti-abortion groups definition of pro-choice is really bad and that's why I never wanted to use that term to describe myself. I always thought that Roe v. Wade would never be overturned, but now I'm really beginning to wonder.  He is so dangerous and so are his rabid followers.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

15 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Reread my post.  I didn't say I'm glad he's dying, though how he's spending his time doing something that will kill others chips away at my pity, and the rest of it was aimed at his dad.  I don't feel bad for his dad at all.  His dad's life's mission is to make other people die because he's an asshole.  

Oh, I understood you weren't happy about him dying! I wanted to offer a perspective that might take away your anger at Jeremiah a little bit, since you said he was making you mad. And Rusty? Feel however you want about him (not that you need my permission of course). He deserves the side-eye and anger that's coming his way.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Instagram has a new functionality where users can answer questions from followers. Someone asked Jeremiah, on his personal account, what his next goal would be if he succeeded in banning abortion. His response: making homosexuality illegal. I shouldn't be shocked, but I'm still shaking my head and sighing. Rusty's manipulating Jeremiah and denied him medical care for sure, which is awful, but unless Rusty is operating Jeremiah's profile, I think a lot of the motivation for this campaign really is coming from Jeremiah. Sigh again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 10
  • Love 1

And what, punish homosexuality by stoning to death?  Fundies are the Christian version of ISIS, currently without the “killing people in the streets” part. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

On 6/29/2018 at 7:38 PM, Briefly said:

I'm Christian.  And I agree with you 100%.  I did not, and will not when he runs for re-election, vote for him.  As a woman, and as the mother of a daughter, I'm terrified.  I always considered myself pro-choice until a few years after my daughter was born, then i realized that I really don't like the idea of abortion. So that's when I thought that I must really be pro-life, but my belief about pro-life was not to tell people what they can or can not do and also to offer help to those women who decided not to have an abortion.  Later, after I joined this site actually, I realized that the group I had been donating to was not what they pretended to be - I honestly thought that they helped girls and women with unplanned pregnancies, I know now that they don't and will not support them again.  So I guess I really am pro-choice, although the militant anti-abortion groups definition of pro-choice is really bad and that's why I never wanted to use that term to describe myself. I always thought that Roe v. Wade would never be overturned, but now I'm really beginning to wonder.  He is so dangerous and so are his rabid followers.

I have posted this elsewhere, so some of you may already know that I fought for, and won, my right to get a tubal ligation at 24 (this was in 2004) . It was a fight though, and in liberal Connecticut no less.  I am extremely worried for my reproductive age sisters, (speaking in a human family sense) at the possibility of Roe getting overturned.  But it's not just them, what about potential repercussions for people who try to help them?  I can picture a type of Underground Railroad  to pro-choice states happening.  If the Federal Gov't even allows states to make their own abortion laws.  Conservatives love big gov't, they lie when they say they don't.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I wonder if any of Jeremiah's nurses or doctors are gay? Would he have them arrested? Narrow views don't consider any options...but since he's heard these narrow options his entire life, it's probably too late for him to see his errors. 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, anniebgood said:

I wonder if any of Jeremiah's nurses or doctors are gay? Would he have them arrested? Narrow views don't consider any options...but since he's heard these narrow options his entire life, it's probably too late for him to see his errors. 

Arrested might be the least of their concerns.  I would seriously worry for their lives.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

OH SHIT!  I accidentally  hit the laughing icon instead of the WTF one your post @Briefly.  There is not one damn thing funny about some people wanting to stone gays.  I am sorry for my fuckup.   I changed it just now to a Sad reaction.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

OH SHIT!  I accidentally  hit the laughing icon instead of the WTF one your post @Briefly.  There is not one damn thing funny about some people wanting to stone gays.  I am sorry for my fuckup.   I changed it just now to a Sad reaction.

No worries!!  I get words wrong all the time because of my brain injury, so I understand perfectly.

• Love 3

I've hit the wrong reaction more times than I can count due to FFS(Fat Finger Syndrome).

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

Here's hoping that someone else is currently running Rusty's FB, because it's full of updates on their big conference going on right now in Indiana. Rusty better be home spending time with his dying son. I did crack up at this post, though. Someone didn't think their wording through.

Spoiler

image.png.39af2a55317ccd907f77d3065253b2fb.png

Edited by Terrie
  • Haha 27
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Terrie said:

Here's hoping that someone else is currently running Rusty's FB, because it's full of updates on their big conference going on right now in Indiana. Rusty better be home spending time with his dying son. I did crack up at this post, though. Someone didn't think their wording through.

Hide contents

image.png.39af2a55317ccd907f77d3065253b2fb.png

I'd pay good money to see that! 

• Haha 3