IGNORED

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

JermajestyDuggar

So rusty is making sure we all know it isn't his pride keeping him from getting insurance bit his principles. What sort of dishonest thing were they expected to do? 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 5/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, Sobeknofret said:

To save my son, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHINGI would not do. I cannot understand why the Thomases do not feel the same way. I would undergo the most humiliating of humiliations to save his life, and accepting or applying for Medicare does not even rank up there as the slightest of inconveniences to me.

EeXACTLY!!! I don’t have any kids but I’ve always felt that part of being a parent is loving your child more than anything, and willingness to do anything for your child. There’s a reason it’s a cliche in movies and TV. Parents joking to their spouse,”I love our baby more than you.” Ryan Reynolds joked he’d use his wife as human shield to protect their children. But the same sentiment is there. Loving your child fiercely, doing anything so they can live even if it means giving up your own life.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

So rusty is making sure we all know it isn't his pride keeping him from getting insurance bit his principles. What sort of dishonest thing were they expected to do? 

Love his child?

• Upvote 11

I have mixed feelings about this.My mother had cancer.She had surgery ,three rounds of chemo,and then died suddenly.I don't know if her cancer was too far gone,or if the chemo weakened her further.One of my brothers said she just gave up.Towards the end she slept  a lot.

I have a friend,she died the week before last.She had cancer,and she chose not to do anything about it.One of her daughters told me that when my friend received her cancer diagnosis,the dr gave 6 months.She lasted over three years.I know the last for weeks were hard,she did not feel well,I think she was in pain.I hope they gave her something for pain.Her ex mother in law lived next door to my grandmother,when we were both 18,I was living with my grandmother going to a business school,she was married and had her first baby.Then,when we were 21,they moved into a trailer park across the street from the house Mr Melon,and oldest son and I lived in,and we had been friends ever since.

I don't know what choice I would make for myself,but I know if it was one of my children,I'd encourage every treatment possible.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 14

Friends and family of Jeremiah’s are shaving their heads in support. His sister Destiny did part of her head. I would be surprised if she did the whole thing. Fundie gender roles and all. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Friends and family of Jeremiah’s are shaving their heads in support. His sister Destiny did part of her head. I would be surprised if she did the whole thing. Fundie gender roles and all. 

None of the girls & women in my cousin's community were allowed to shave their heads in support of my cousin. Only boys and men. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8

6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

None of the girls & women in my cousin's community were allowed to shave their heads in support of my cousin. Only boys and men. 

That’s so shitty. What if it was a female that lost all her hair? It just reinforces the idea that she looks bad and masculine without her hair. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

He's using his son's illness to pimp the OSA national convention. 

Another way you can support Jeremiah is by storming the gates of hell in Indianapolis, July 14-21. 

I'm disgusted. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 10
  • Love 1

Wait, wait, I'm confused. Indianapolis is the gates of Hell? I thought fundies looooovvvved Indianapolis. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Rusty is asking people to fast aside from praying for Jeremiah on his fb page. Yeah. That will help for suuree, ugh. I hope at least knowing that people are doing that helps Jeremiah have a bit more strength. Rusty is saying they need divine intervention. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/25/2018 at 4:32 AM, EowynW said:

So rusty is making sure we all know it isn't his pride keeping him from getting insurance bit his principles.

Sounds to me like he has pride in his principles.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Rusty’s post seems like Jeremiah isn’t doing very well. I feel so bad for that kid. He’s so young and going through so much with a low chance of survival. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 2

It sounds like Jeremiah's chances were never great. Most osteosarcoma starts in the long bones (legs and arms), so surgical removal is an option as part of treatment. But his started in his chest. And then they delayed real treatment by going to Mexico, letting it spread further, making treatment harder and reducing his chances. I feel bad for the kid, but frankly, the family should be discussing hospice care, not planning to subject him to "holistic" treatments.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I thought he had surgery and cancer treatment at a regular hospital, then went to Mexico, then came back and is currently at MD Anderson.

Offering up kind thoughts to Jeremiah, his family, and all who are struggling with cancer.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

According to his mom's Facebook page he has an ulcerating tumor.

"The hospital is tracing the infection through lab work. Jeremiah’s kidneys are being checked to make sure they are strong enough for another round of chemo. Finally, a CAT scan is scheduled for later to determine if the cancer has responded to treatment. If not, then chemo and surgery are impossible. But, as the oncologist explained to Jeremiah, “Because we are giving up on chemo doesn’t mean we are giving up the fight.”

We still have two options left- God’s miraculous healing touch and the wholistic treatment waiting for Jeremiah at home."

You mean the woo that made the horrors of cancer worse for your baby Kendra?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 10
  • Love 2

I hate fucking Cancer.  Hate it with all my heart and soul.  That being said, My heart truly breaks for Jeremiah and his family. I hope there is pallative care available to him.  Pallative care not Holistic treatment.  So he can say goodbye and have a quality of life while on this earth.   :cry2:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

I seriously, seriously would love to see more "parents" charged with homicide each time a child or dependent dies because these assholes don't provide the necessary medical care. Fuck them and their beliefs. SCIENCE motherfuckers, IT WORKS.

/end rant

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

I seriously, seriously would love to see more "parents" charged with homicide each time a child or dependent dies because these assholes don't provide the necessary medical care. Fuck them and their beliefs. SCIENCE motherfuckers, IT WORKS.

/end rant

I'don't think this boy ever had any chance of long term survival. Cancer just sucks. Hope he has good palliative care so he can die with dignity.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, dharmapunk said:

I'don't think this boy ever had any chance of long term survival. Cancer just sucks. Hope he has good palliative care so he can die with dignity.

That makes zero difference in my book. His "parents" didn't even try  --- so screw them. This really makes my blood boil to no end.  Cancer is a bitch - but praying won't make it go away. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, seattlechic said:

That makes zero difference in my book. His "parents" didn't even try  --- so screw them. This really makes my blood boil to no end.  Cancer is a bitch - but praying won't make it go away. 

Praying AND working WITH the doctors and medical team yes.  Fucking Wholistic Woo no.  Just No.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I've been following this story though facebook. Rusty posted an update video today basically saying there is nothing more the doctors can do and they're preparing Jeremiah for the end. 

Oh yeah, Rusty also used this opportunity to promote an anti- abortion candidate for governor of Oklahoma. The governor is coming to "interview" Jeremiah tomorrow, and the interview will be made public at a later date.  Also, Rusty gave Jeremiah a homework assignment to write a "letter to his generation" which will then be publically read. And he announced who will be speaking at Jeremiah's funeral. Just when it seems the family is a normal genuinely grieving family (the mom, Kenda's posts are particularity heartbreaking), they find new ways to exploit Jeremiah's story for their agenda. 

• Upvote 1

Prayer can make someone feel better emotionally.  But if they truly believe in God then they should realize that God gave the doctors their medical knowledge and ability, therefore they don't have a valid reason to not get medical care!!  As I have said before, I would move heaven and earth to get my daughter what she needed if she had an issue.  At least they should have tried early on, there might never have been a realistic chance of a cure.  But they could have dealt with what is possibly a very painful situation and gotten him help for that.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I am no fundie fan, but their latest video was heartbreaking. Watching anyone die is horrible, but your child. I can't imagine watching your child die. I do freely admit to being extra sensitive to this since it wasn't all that long away that I walked through the hospice care and death of two beloved family members.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 15

I feel bad for the family. No one should have to say goodbye to their 16 year old family member. I think he is their youngest son. I’m not positive but I think they only have daughters younger than him. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I am no fundie fan, but their latest video was heartbreaking. Watching anyone die is horrible, but your child. I can't imagine watching your child die. I do freely admit to being extra sensitive to this since it wasn't all that long away that I walked through the hospice care and death of two beloved family members.

Oh that is horrible. I hope they have hospice care.  :cry2:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3