IGNORED

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

JermajestyDuggar

22 minutes ago, Koala said:

Rusty is in court today, facing federal charges.  

Does anyone know enough about this to know if he is seriously looking at prison time?

His implication, is that he is:

Free.thumb.PNG.82f1340be8839370854f17e747e3a502.PNG

Rusty is a freaking scary person. He seems really dangerous to me--like possibly murderous. With a fanatical "mission" and zero respect for authority, what's to stop him if he decides to start killing people at clinics?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Howl said:

What are the charges?

I'm wondering about that as well.  Since he is so virulently anti-abortion, could he have tried to block a clinic and been arrested or made threats?  Something along those lines?  I would not be surprised if that's it, but it seems to me that he would have just been arrested or ticketed and not had any real charges to answer to if he was "only" blocking an entrance.  I have absolutely no knowledge of the legal system in respect to that so I am just speculating.

• Upvote 2

I believe he entered a women's health clinic after he was warned not to do it.  IIRC, he had been arrested before doing the same thing.  I'd put money on his trying to shame everyone in there.  What a pig.

Leave women alone, Rusty.  It's their body and their choice.  

I'd like to know if these same zealots regularly pray or say Mass at their city's water treatment plants where all the miscarried "babies" end up.  I'm guessing not.

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Love 2

So, from what I am understanding, he violated the F.A.C.E Act (Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act).

I am appalled by the fact that he took his teenagers along, while he willingly violated federal law.  

He posted a video of his arrest.  Jeremiah is off to the side, watching as he's handcuffed.  

Russ looks directly at him and says, "How's your heart, son?"

I am a mom, Rusty.  I have 2 teenagers, so allow me to tell you "how his heart" was.  He was distressed, and frightened.  He was worried that you'd end up in serious trouble.  He was probably worried that HE might end up in serious trouble.  

How could you?  How could you put your children through that?  If you want to go be a big, bad criminal, then knock yourself out, but leave your kids out of it.  

Honestly, I am sick of the abortion clinic protesters.  They should be dispersed or arrested for disorderly conduct.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Koala said:

So, from what I am understanding, he violated the F.A.C.E Act (Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act).

I am appalled by the fact that he took his teenagers along, while he willingly violated federal law.  

He posted a video of his arrest.  Jeremiah is off to the side, watching as he's handcuffed.  

I am a mom, Rusty.  I have 2 teenagers, so allow me to tell you "how his heart" was.  He was distressed, and frightened.  He was worried that you'd end up in serious trouble.  He was probably worried that HE might end up in serious trouble.  

How could you?  How could you put your children through that?  If you want to go be a big, bad criminal, then knock yourself out, but leave your kids out of it.  

Honestly, I am sick of the abortion clinic protesters.  They should be dispersed or arrested for disorderly conduct.

Thanks for finding info on this. And you're right. If you want to protest something and you INTEND to get arrested, for fucks' sake leave your kids at home. They don't need to see that. 

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

Speaking from experience, that is exactly how these zealots want their children to feel.  They don't care about the psychological burdens it places on them.  It adds to the drama and encourages negative reaction from their kids, thus drawing more attention to themselves.

• Upvote 9

I've been to a number of demonstrations where people were arrested, and there's always supposed to be planning going into it. You know the line and you do not cross it unless you have backup from your organization and have made plans to be arrested.  Usually there is a point when anyone who doesn't want to risk arrest is asked to go home or move to another area. People who have kids to take care of or who have to work in the morning or who even just have someone relying on them for a ride home don't risk arrest. It's typically very controlled.  I haven't seen the video @Koala is talking about, but that doesn't sound like well-thought-out activism.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Rusty and his family only mentioned that Jeremiah was anti abortion in their tributes and nothing else about him.

I honestly cannot decide which is sadder - that his father chose to use his son's death to ride his hobbyhorse further, or that his father didn't know his son well enough to think of anything else to say about him, or that his father apparently couldn't see past his own tiny crusade to realise that his son had more interests than just his father's ones. Poor Jeremiah - even in death he's apparently only a tool for his father to use, not a loved and mourned child.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the new Netflix Documentary, "Reversing Roe".  At around 43 minutes in they show a forced birthers demonstration outside of a Kansas City abortion clinic.  Rusty Thomas is visible sitting on the ground outside the doors of the clinic and loudly praying to god to stop abortions in this clinic.  This is a perfect example of what he does best...attention whoring.  

I looked for Jeremiah and found a brief shot of him standing outside the clinic.  That poor kid, spending(what was left of) his life demonstrating against abortion when he could have been living the life of a normal teenager...going to school, dating, thinking about college, goofing off.

RIP Jeremiah, IMO you didn't have a choice to do anything else.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• 1 year later...

One of Rusty and Kendra’s oldest daughters, Charity, is very ill. She had three large ulcers that poisoned her system. She may not make it. She’s in the ICU. I would hate for the Thomases To lose another child. 

• Sad 10

Some background on this guy, please?

Edited by Flossie
Never mind. I went back and read from the beginning of the thread. Horrible man.

I feel so bad for Charity’s husband and two children. 

I just feel bad for the Thomas kids in general. Their mother died of cancer when they were young, Jeremiah died of cancer before he even reached adulthood, and now Charity has died very suddenly. 

• Sad 6

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel so bad for Charity’s husband and two children. 

I just feel bad for the Thomas kids in general. Their mother died of cancer when they were young, Jeremiah died of cancer before he even reached adulthood, and now Charity has died very suddenly. 

That’s so sad. I didn’t realize she had children. Do you know how old they are. 

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

That’s so sad. I didn’t realize she had children. Do you know how old they are. 

8 and 4. 

I believe Rusty had 4 girls in a row and then 5 boys in a row with his first wife who died of cancer. I think Charity is the youngest of the four girls in a row and Jeremiah was the youngest of the 5 boys in a row. And then Kendra had twin daughters that Rusty adopted and I think Kendra and Rusty only have one bio daughter together. 

• Thank You 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

8 and 4. 

I believe Rusty had 4 girls in a row and then 5 boys in a row with his first wife who died of cancer. I think Charity is the youngest of the four girls in a row and Jeremiah was the youngest of the 5 boys in a row. And then Kendra had twin daughters that Rusty adopted and I think Kendra and Rusty only have one bio daughter together. 

Fundie wiki has info on the family. All of your info is correct except that after the 5 boys Rusty and Liz did have another daughter named Torah, who is 15 now. She was only 1 when Liz died. 

• Thank You 3

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of Rusty and Kendra’s oldest daughters, Charity, is very ill. She had three large ulcers that poisoned her system. She may not make it. She’s in the ICU. I would hate for the Thomases To lose another child. 

I saw that she was sick and had passed, but wasn't able to figure out what had been going on with her. Could you please point me to a source?

7 minutes ago, albireo said:

I saw that she was sick and had passed, but wasn't able to figure out what had been going on with her. Could you please point me to a source?

Here is her family's GoFundMe.

• Thank You 2

If the Thomas clan have an active thread elsewhere, please move this, mods!  Charity Thomas Peterson, one of the 13 children of Rusty Thomas through his two marriages, died from complications related to hemorrhaging ulcers on December 26th. She was in the hospital for at least a couple of days, but other than some suggestive remarks on various social media accounts speculating on potential brain damage, seizures, and organ failure, the details of her diagnosis and death are unknown to me. She left two small children and a husband, Joshua.

The Thomases, known mainly for their anti-choice skreeing and regularly scheduled harassment of women at Planned Parenthood clinics, have lost several family members in recent years. Elizabeth Thomas, the original clan matriarch, died from cancer in August of 2005. 10 months later, her husband married his second wife, Kelly, who brought several young daughters from her first marriage. Kelly and Rusty legally adopted each other's children at the time of their marriage.   (They also have a daughter, Jubilee, together.)  In 2018, after a swift diagnosis and decline from an aggressive form of cancer, Jeremiah Thomas died at the age of 16, And now, his elder sister Charity has passed away at the age of 27. Regardless of their beliefs, that is a lot of tragic loss in a short period of time. 

One of the Thomas sons, Josiah Justice, is slated to marry Mariah Campana in late February (leap day). 

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

If the Thomas clan have an active thread elsewhere, please move this, mods!  Charity Thomas Peterson, one of the 13 children of Rusty Thomas through his two marriages, died from complications related to hemorrhaging ulcers on December 26th. She was in the hospital for at least a couple of days, but other than some suggestive remarks on various social media accounts speculating on potential brain damage, seizures, and organ failure, the details of her diagnosis and death are unknown to me. She left two small children and a husband, Joshua.

The Thomases, known mainly for their anti-choice skreeing and regularly scheduled harassment of women at Planned Parenthood clinics, have lost several family members in recent years. Elizabeth Thomas, the original clan matriarch, died from cancer in August of 2005. 10 months later, her husband married his second wife, Kelly, who brought several young daughters from her first marriage. Kelly and Rusty legally adopted each other's children at the time of their marriage.   (They also have a daughter, Jubilee, together.)  In 2018, after a swift diagnosis and decline from an aggressive form of cancer, Jeremiah Thomas died at the age of 16, And now, his elder sister Charity has passed away at the age of 27. Regardless of their beliefs, that is a lot of tragic loss in a short period of time. 

One of the Thomas sons, Josiah Justice, is slated to marry Mariah Campana in late February (leap day). 

Rusty’s wife is actually Kendra. But the rest seems right.

• Upvote 1

This is so horrible, as much as I hate Rusty's beliefs I can't imagine losing two children in 18 months and wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

• I Agree 3