IGNORED

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

JermajestyDuggar

He;s there along with the Activist Mommy...you know, the one who asked for money for all of them to go.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, teachergirl said:

He;s there along with the Activist Mommy...you know, the one who asked for money for all of them to go.

What an asshole. The saddest part is that his son's death won't end the exploitation. They'll turn that kid into a martyr for their cause. Hey, buddy, you think God does things for a reason? Maybe God is telling you to spend more time with your family. I try very hard not to hate, but I hate him.

• Upvote 13

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremiah is getting hospice care now.  Poor kid is very, very sick.

His father has been posting tons of hate messages supposedly sent/posted by liberals all saying basically the same thing.  "Glad you are dying, one less person to try to stop us from having abortions" or some variation of this.

My spidey sense (and for that matter, my regular sense) is telling me these were created by friends and family or Rusty himself to enhance Jeremiah's martyrdom and bring more attention to Rusty's cause.  Guy will not stop using his dying son for his own purposes and I don't know any progressives who think or talk like that.  He's just a kid, and clearly a victim of his father's. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 19
  • WTF 2

Can someone catch me up with this thread? I'm seeing pictures of them in the hospital. When did they decide to use treatment? So sorry to hear about him being in hospice now. He will be kept as comfortable as possible now.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Can someone catch me up with this thread? I'm seeing pictures of them in the hospital. When did they decide to use treatment? So sorry to hear about him being in hospice now. He will be kept as comfortable as possible now.

They went back and forth at various times between conventional and non-conventional treatment.  It sounds like eventually they were told there was nothing to be done; the cancer is too aggressive.

He's been at home for weeks now.  I'm not sure when that photo of him with the staff in the hospital was taken, but probably as he was heading home.  He's receiving hospice care at home.  His mother says they think he has another tumor in his back and is in tremendous pain.  No one would wish such a horrible thing on a young boy.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 2

So sorry to hear he's not doing well. 

If people are actually making cruel comments to Jeremiah, why is his dad apparently not sheltering him from that? If my kid was ill, I doubt I'd be playing up internet comments for attention.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Jeremiah is getting hospice care now.  Poor kid is very, very sick.

His father has been posting tons of hate messages supposedly sent/posted by liberals all saying basically the same thing.  "Glad you are dying, one less person to try to stop us from having abortions" or some variation of this.

My spidey sense (and for that matter, my regular sense) is telling me these were created by friends and family or Rusty himself to enhance Jeremiah's martyrdom and bring more attention to Rusty's cause.  Guy will not stop using his dying son for his own purposes and I don't know any progressives who think or talk like that.  He's just a kid, and clearly a victim of his father's. 

My money would be on dear old dad creating the messages.  OR saying that they exist, when they don't.  He's disgusting and I can easily see him doing something like that.

• Upvote 15

Ugh, it makes me so nervous when this thread gets bumped.

I have no doubt they're getting weird comments. I saw this story going around quite a bit on Twitter, among people who otherwise wouldn't be talking about fundies, and Twitter can be a total cesspool. But dude! Turn off your notifications, make your pages private, or just close the computer! Lots of people get hate online, for all kinds of reasons, and that's all you can really do. You should be with your son, not fighting people online or bringing all this controversy into the poor kid's last days.

But Rusty is reveling in it. It's proof that his "enemies" really are monsters, and that makes him feel like the knight in shining armor.

• Upvote 16

I'm sure some of them are real. It's impossible to overestimate how low some people will go. And, frankly, "Jeremiah's" letter has a lot of stuff in it that is worth being angry about. Lots of homophobia and such. This just makes Jeremiah one more victim of his father's crusade.

• Upvote 11

On 7/29/2018 at 9:09 AM, Terrie said:

I'm sure some of them are real. It's impossible to overestimate how low some people will go. And, frankly, "Jeremiah's" letter has a lot of stuff in it that is worth being angry about. Lots of homophobia and such. This just makes Jeremiah one more victim of his father's crusade.

Hate creates more hate. Rusty passed the hate to his children. Now Jeremiah spreads the hate online for his “dying cause.” Therefore they are receiving hate right back. I wish fundies would realize this. I’m not religious but Jesus would never approve of this. They are making the world a more hateful place. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hate creates more hate. Rusty passed the hate to his children. Now Jeremiah spreads the hate online for his “dying cause.” Therefore they are receiving hate right back. I wish fundies would realize this. I’m not religious but Jesus would never approve of this. They are making the world a more hateful place.  

100% agree. Full disclosure: I am pro-choice although I don't agree with abortion personally, and you could probably call me a tree-hugging ebil liberal. I was feeling daring one day and posted some progressive Christian views on abortion on a FB site, hoping for some polite discourse. Nope. I got death threats, personal attacks on my weight, and offers to start a GoFundMe so that I don't reproduce. And fundies wonder why people are leaving the church.

Edited by spork78
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 13

So I kind of figured out the parentage of Jeremiah and most of his siblings. Rusty’s first wife was named Liz Thomas and she died in August 2005. I don’t know how she died. Kendra and Rusty got married in 2006. I’m assuming Kendra raised most of the boys since their mother died when they were young. I’m still unsure as to how many children Rusty and Kendra have together. I think the youngest Thomases are girls. So maybe they have a couple of girls together. It seems that Jeremiah and his 4 older brothers and 4 older sisters are all from Rusty’s first marriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Rusty did an interview recently, it’s in his fb page. He said that Kendra already had 2 kids when they got married and he had 10. They have 1 kid in common

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Rusty did an interview recently, it’s in his fb page. He said that Kendra already had 2 kids when they got married and he had 10. They have 1 kid in common

Thank you! So is Kendra divorced? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I kind of figured out the parentage of Jeremiah and most of his siblings. Rusty’s first wife was named Liz Thomas and she died in August 2005. I don’t know how she died. Kendra and Rusty got married in 2006. I’m assuming Kendra raised most of the boys since their mother died when they were young. I’m still unsure as to how many children Rusty and Kendra have together. I think the youngest Thomases are girls. So maybe they have a couple of girls together. It seems that Jeremiah and his 4 older brothers and 4 older sisters are all from Rusty’s first marriage. 

According to the Elijah Ministries website, Elizabeth Thomas died in Aug. 2005 from cancer. It doesn't indicate which kind.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

45 minutes ago, spork78 said:

According to the Elijah Ministries website, Elizabeth Thomas died in Aug. 2005 from cancer. It doesn't indicate which kind.

It’s crazy that they’ve been through this before. 

• I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s crazy that they’ve been through this before. 

And learned nothing from it

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

According to Rusty's facebook page, the family is pretty much on death-watch.  Sorry if that sounds crass, I don't know a "nice" way to put it.  :my_sad:

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 8

I don't wish death watch on anyone. I still wake up in the middle of the night hearing the death rattle breathing replay in my head. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 5

I wish for his passing to be peaceful and without fear. May the other side of the veil be a place of love and calm for him.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 8