IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

9 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Per People Magazine Kotler Gray was born yesterday the 25th.  He weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces

And I have a birthday buddy.

• Rufus Bless 1

I really hate the name Kolter. I’m just imagining really bad names from Tori from here on out. And she will have a bunch of kids. They will all be names like Kinzlee, Kreston, Krayden, Karter, Kaylor.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 3

And of course those with a K theme never understand why their choice to go with it is being side-eyed if the baby factory happens to shut down after #3...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really hate the name Kolter. I’m just imagining really bad names from Tori from here on out. And she will have a bunch of kids. They will all be names like Kinzlee, Kreston, Krayden, Karter, Kaylor.

Don't forget Korona.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, Timetraveler said:

Don't forget Korona.

Ky’rona Vyruss?

2 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

So Shoshanna Easling nee Pearl is 43 weeks pregnant and baby has not arrived. 

Eeek that’s worrying. Is she refusing an induction?

• Upvote 5

43 weeks as of the 21. That means if that baby hasn't been born yet, she'll be 44 weeks tomorrow.

Is that safe? Having never been pregnant, I don't know all the things. But, a month overdue? I know there is a lot of opinion regarding birth and when / if to induce, etc. but 43/44 weeks? Isn't that pushing the threshold of common sense? Of safety for mom & baby? 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

43 weeks as of the 21. That means if that baby hasn't been born yet, she'll be 44 weeks tomorrow.

Is that safe? Having never been pregnant, I don't know all the things. But, a month overdue? I know there is a lot of opinion regarding birth and when / if to induce, etc. but 43/44 weeks? Isn't that pushing the threshold of common sense? Of safety for mom & baby? 

It’s definitely not safe at all. It’s not a guarantee of a horrible outcome, but it’s like the ‘I rode in the back of the pickup truck when I was 4 through the mountains and my dad was drunk haha’ thing. Really terrible idea, risky as hell, but as long as they personally get through it relatively unscathed, they gloat. If something does happen, it was a shocking tragedy no one could have foreseen, or part of God’s plan. ?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

apparently from insta comment BoRy decided to change the middle name from GrEy to GraAy,

maybe some nurse made a joke and they decided to change it?

• Thank You 1

My obgyn said she wouldn’t let me go past 42 weeks and I can’t imagine many doctors would allow it. Risks go up and we now have technology to help so why not take it?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

apparently from insta comment BoRy decided to change the middle name from GrEy to GraAy,

maybe some nurse made a joke and they decided to change it?

Curious why they changed it. Both are equally bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

My mother carried me for almost 43 weeks, but it wasn't intentional. She missed two planned inductions for various reasons in the week leading up to my actual birth. Her amniotic fluid was drying up, and I was enormous. She had a bad time of it, and I've never heard the end of it. 

Assuming Shoshanna actually knows how far along she is (does she? I don't follow her much, but I remember this was a Plexus baby that was a surprise), she's playing a stupid game. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I was almost 44 so my OB wouldn’t have let me go past 41 weeks. Something about placenta breaking down faster in older moms. Tragically my friend’s mom had a stillbirth at 42yo when she went 2 weeks overdue (about 30 yrs ago.) She was lucky enough to have a baby a year later But that was an awful experience. Luckily my daughter came a week early.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Lise Morton went really late with Elijah, too (more than 42 weeks). Thankfully she actually gets medical care and he's fine, just big. Is it safer to go late if a mother has a history of delivering late? 

• Upvote 3

Just makes me think what happened with the Naugler's last baby.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

My grandma went a month overdue and the baby didn’t survive. My cousin went well overdue and her son had meconium aspiration. 

• Upvote 4

There are good reasons OBs and even midwives do not endorse letting pregnancies "run their course" beyond 42 weeks. 

Been watching this unfold on Shoshanna's FB page. IIRC, she has previously used an Amish midwife to deliver the kids at home. In any event, there's been no indication that she's seeing an OB regularly or someone with actual medical credentials. 

Of course, she's swilling & pushing the Plexus, too -- what could possibly go wrong? ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

All my kids were late, my last one 2 weeks, I negotiated with the OB bc I did not want to spend my oldest son's birthday in the hospital being induced, they agreed but insisted on an ultrasound yo make sure the baby was fine and was still getting enough nourishment. I was 41 at the time and may baby came at 42 weeks (still induced).

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Is that safe

No. The risks of perinatal morbidity and mortality are significant that far post dates.

However, I would not be surprised if she has her dates wrong. Dating by the last period can easily be off. I am not sure if she had any ultrasounds but if she only had one - it would be the mid trimester ultrasound when measurements for dating can have a bigger standard deviation. 

For her and her baby's sake I hope that she just has her dates wrong. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

For her and her baby's sake I hope that she just has her dates wrong. 

This, and thereʻs a chance thatʻs the case. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Brackin and Lindsay Kirkland from the Tiny Notes From Home Youtube channel had their sixth boy Elijah on March 9th.
It’s a good date; my eldest turned 11 on that day. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:36 AM, dairyfreelife said:

So Shoshanna Easling nee Pearl is 43 weeks pregnant and baby has not arrived. 

I'm not surprised that baby is stalling...... I wouldn't want to be born into that family either!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, albireo said:

Lise Morton went really late with Elijah, too (more than 42 weeks). Thankfully she actually gets medical care and he's fine, just big. Is it safer to go late if a mother has a history of delivering late? 

How big was he? Just curious

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic