IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Can someone fill me in on Abbie Halberstadt's kids' names? I know Ezra and Shiloh but not the others. Maybe Della seems familiar to me but I've been looking around a bit on her site for the names and can't seem to find them.

I know one of the boys' names is Honor, because it always weirds me out that a fundie gave her son a traditionally female name. I think a lot of people associate Shiloh with females as well, since Angelina Jolie named her daughter that. Also, Abbie Halberstadt creeps me out a lot. That's unrelated to her baby names, I just wanted to put that out there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

"W" doesn't seem like a particularly good choice for a letter name theme to me. *shrug*

How many kids to the Coghlans have again? 

I actually have a coworker who comes from a group of 5 or 6? siblings who all have W names. They're totally mainstream folks from what I can tell ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Can someone fill me in on Abbie Halberstadt's kids' names? I know Ezra and Shiloh but not the others. Maybe Della seems familiar to me but I've been looking around a bit on her site for the names and can't seem to find them.

In birth order:

• Ezra
  • Simon
  • Adelaide (Della)
  • Nola (Magnolia) and Evie (Evangeline)
  • Theo(dore)
  • Honor
  • Shiloh
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

For those interested in the Coghlans:

Deanna (Coghlan) Baker has three, plus the new pregnancy. She married Brooks Baker in October 2018. She had a previous marriage to Tyler Mullins in September 2012 that ended in divorce (I think following a courtship IIRC)

1. Willie Ryan, b. January 2018
  2. Wayne, b. May 2019
  3. Wyatt, b. May 2019
  4. new pregnancy (boy)

Lydia (Coghlan) Hinrichs has two. She married Bradley Hinrichs in August 2016.

1. Charlotte Mae, b. July 2017
  2. Thea Jane, b. September 2018

Lydia had a baby girl in February, too (via Perry's Instagram.) I can't find the name.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

How many kids to the Coghlans have again? 

Thirteen plus a stillbirth.

1. Deanna Ruth b. July 1993
  2. Kaitlyn Shea b. April 1995
  3. Lydia Mae b. November 1996
  4. Megan Ellice b. May 1998
  5. Natalie Rose b. January 2000
  6. Rebecca b. August 2001
    1. Sarah stillborn June 2003 
  7. Rachael Charlotte b. July 2004
  8. Perry Clarence IV b. June 2006
  9. Bethany Grace b. June 2008
  10. Parker Cromwell b. June 2010
  11. Patrick Calvin b. October 2012
  12. James William b. November 2014
  13. Phineas "Finn" Campbell b. November 2016

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13

11 hours ago, Bethella said:

Thirteen plus a stillbirth.

1. Deanna Ruth b. July 1993
  2. Kaitlyn Shea b. April 1995
  3. Lydia Mae b. November 1996
  4. Megan Ellice b. May 1998
  5. Natalie Rose b. January 2000
  6. Rebecca b. August 2001
    1. Sarah stillborn June 2003 
  7. Rachael Charlotte b. July 2004
  8. Perry Clarence IV b. June 2006
  9. Bethany Grace b. June 2008
  10. Parker Cromwell b. June 2010
  11. Patrick Calvin b. October 2012
  12. James William b. November 2014
  13. Phineas "Finn" Campbell b. November 2016

I wonder why James William didn't get the initials PC that all the other boys got?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

20 hours ago, Bethella said:

For those interested in the Coghlans:

Deanna (Coghlan) Baker has three, plus the new pregnancy. She married Brooks Baker in October 2018. She had a previous marriage to Tyler Mullins in September 2012 that ended in divorce (I think following a courtship IIRC)

1. Willie Ryan, b. January 2018
  2. Wayne, b. May 2019
  3. Wyatt, b. May 2019
  4. new pregnancy (boy)

Lydia (Coghlan) Hinrichs has two. She married Bradley Hinrichs in August 2016.

1. Charlotte Mae, b. July 2017
  2. Thea Jane, b. September 2018

wow i had completely forgotten about them, i used to read their blog back in the day, when they lived in the middle of the dessert and she only had the girls. The collapse of VisionForum is the best thing that could have hapenned to those kids! its amazing to see Rachael attending a homecoming dance like a regular teenager.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, medimus said:

I wonder why James William didn't get the initials PC that all the other boys got?

IIRC they had some boy‘s names they liked that didn’t fit the pattern so they just decided to use them. It’s one thing I do respect them for - they didn’t stick rigidly to their self imposed rule when they really wanted something different.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie Abbie is having a boy.

She also said she was 14 weeks in her story

• Thank You 4

6 hours ago, Topaz said:

IIRC they had some boy‘s names they liked that didn’t fit the pattern so they just decided to use them. It’s one thing I do respect them for - they didn’t stick rigidly to their self imposed rule when they really wanted something different.

Right, but then they went back to the theme right after that. That gives me some side eye. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Topaz said:

I dont like name patterns precisely because of this reason. There is not that many names that you would love following a pattern (specially if you are planing on having a ton of kids) and then you are forced to choose names that you dont love for your kids. But missing a kid in the middle is really bugging me, they could at least not continued it after.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

44 minutes ago, llucie said:

I dont like name patterns precisely because of this reason. There is not that many names that you would love following a pattern (specially if you are planing on having a ton of kids).

Eh, I disagree with this. There are plenty of great name themes that even my heathen self could agree on 20 or so names that I like with each theme.

Off the top of my head I like names that end in 'iah,' names that start with C, names that end in 'ana' for girls, less common biblical names, names from Shakespeare, and an FJ'er a few years ago noted that you could do a girls name theme of 10+ that completely revolves around the name 'Margaret,' which I thought was amazing.

That said: I am a name geek and have been for as long as I can remember, so I could be an exception.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Eh, I disagree with this. There are plenty of great name themes that even my heathen self could agree on 20 or so names that I like with each theme.

Off the top of my head I like names that end in 'iah,' names that start with C, names that end in 'ana' for girls, less common biblical names, names from Shakespeare, and an FJ'er a few years ago noted that you could do a girls name theme of 10+ that completely revolves around the name 'Margaret,' which I thought was amazing.

That said: I am a name geek and have been for as long as I can remember, so I could be an exception.

I am a name geek too! i love name themes in theory or for book characters but in the practice most of the ones i have heard, specially in fundie families, are either super repetitive or just ugly. I do think a good theme like nature for example could work in a smaller family, like 2- 4 kids.

• Upvote 7

Braggie is not just having one boy but having twin boys and another set of identicals according to her insta. For someone who doesnt like or want kids she seems to be collecting them quite well. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

Braggie is not just having one boy but having twin boys and another set of identicals according to her insta. For someone who doesnt like or want kids she seems to be collecting them quite well. 

Braggie is in this weird place of hating kids but loving how superior having so many makes her feel.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

It completely and utterly sucks that Abbie, who openly hates kids, is pregnant with #9 and #10 yet there are so many infertile couples out there who would LOVE to even have ONE baby. I haven’t come across another fundie on here who hates her kids and pregnancies as much as she does. No, I’m not struggling with infertility, but my heart goes out to anyone who might be struggling. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

I just read Abbies Blog post. She seems to think she is one of Gods most fertile creations. Somebody ought to indroduce her to Courtney. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

On 4/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, JillyO said:

In birth order:

• Ezra
  • Simon
  • Adelaide (Della)
  • Nola (Magnolia) and Evie (Evangeline)
  • Theo(dore)
  • Honor
  • Shiloh

Damn...I hate it when I see a fundie quiver that I think are very well named! ??

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I'm the same. I wouldn't be thematic because being a name nerd my entire life, I obviously don't want to limit myself with a theme or pattern when I get to name my own children, but I certainly could do it and love every name. A and C would probably be the letters I could most easily come up with 10-20 names off the cuff for each gender that I'd be fine with naming a child. I think that's why I find Courtney Rogers extra frustrating with her kids' names. There are so many 'C' names out there, you don't need to make them up, and the great thing about the letter 'C' is that you can have some variety with the starting sound. Even with etymologically related names like Charles, Charlotte, and Caroline! For example, you could have a Cecily, Cormac, Charlotte, Ceridwen, Charlie, Caleb, Claudia, and Connor, and they wouldn't all say, "What?" when you called their name! Or at least no more than a bunch of kids with names that start with different letters lol. A is kind of similar with a bit of variety with the starting sounds. Like Audrey, Adelaide, Aislinn (ash-lin), and Ava.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Who is the child hating Abbie?

Abbie Halberstadt a.k.a. Braggie has 8, soon to be 10 kids with her husband Shaun. She runs a blog M is for Mama and posts on instagram almost daily. Her posts are always very long winded and generally filled with plenty of humble bragging. They live in a huge fire hazard McMansion they built themselves that rarely shows evidence of children living there. In fact it seems like a large portion of the kids' days are spent cleaning, and she will get angry with them over things like not arranging the throw pillows perfectly. Most of the actual parenting seems to come from her oldest 3 or her mother. Her most noteworthy feature though is how open she is about not wanting to have any children, probably best demonstrated by her birthday posts to her twins, which always begin with a paragraph about how much she didn't want them

Spoiler

• Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

On Fundie mothers hating Pregnancy, Child rearing and the like:  I believe they hate modern Liberal left wing Progressive America enough that bearing 12 or 13 impressionable Beings she can teach to be Christian Right Wing Jesus warriors that could possibly get into office or law One day and take us back to the their idealized 50’s utopia makes it all worth it.

They or their men have an agenda and breeding is the easiest way for most of them. 

• Upvote 12

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic