IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

So Poor Sarah went to Denver for OCC but Goofy Anna and Scary Mary didn't?  WTF!

I think Sarah gets more freedom than her sisters because she is pushing 40 and is finally considered adult enough to be trusted to go off on her own.

• Upvote 7

29 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I think Sarah gets more freedom than her sisters because she is pushing 40 and is finally considered adult enough to be trusted to go off on her own.

They've given up or almost given up all hope of Sarah marrying.  Her "purity" is no longer of any practical value so chaperones are no longer a requirement. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

55 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Sheesh, that is depressing. Sarah never really stood a chance until now.

• Upvote 8

36 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

They've given up or almost given up all hope of Sarah marrying.  Her "purity" is no longer of any practical value so chaperones are no longer a requirement. 

She's officially reached Lady Edith status...

{Downton Abbey fans might remember that point where spinster sister Edith suddenly began getting freedom undreamed of in earlier seasons, mostly because the family gave up on her ever landing a husband, and no one really cared anymore.}

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

I have absolutely no problem with naked kids or babies, but I just don’t trust undiapered ones. Heck, even with a diaper on my nibling, less than a year, wears a big bib at all times because they’re still in the ‘I breathe, I burp, I spit up’ phase of life. (Adults will actually get more modest around this baby by draping themselves in blankets or towels before holding them. The doctor says it’s just an immature digestive system but it’s a really messy one.)

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

{Downton Abbey fans might remember that point where spinster sister Edith suddenly began getting freedom undreamed of in earlier seasons, mostly because the family gave up on her ever landing a husband, and no one really cared anymore.}

And then she ended up with the highest rank of them all!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

54 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Lady Edith and Isobel Crawley were my favorite "above stairs" characters.  (Not sure where to put Tom Branson.  The actor, Allen Leech, though, had a HUGE problem with being asked to bow to the king in the movie. Branson would never have done that.)  My favorite below stairs characters are Daisy, Mrs Patmore and Mrs Hughes although I like pretty much all of them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And then she ended up with the highest rank of them all!

That she did!

• Love 3

5 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

It’s a hard time for all parents - knowing when to give our kids that extra bit pf freedom. When do we let them stay home alone? When do we let them leave town without a parent?

For some it might be fourteen, for others it might be seventeen...or thirty seven.  

Heh  

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I have absolutely no problem with naked kids or babies, but I just don’t trust undiapered ones. Heck, even with a diaper on my nibling, less than a year, wears a big bib at all times because they’re still in the ‘I breathe, I burp, I spit up’ phase of life. (Adults will actually get more modest around this baby by draping themselves in blankets or towels before holding them. The doctor says it’s just an immature digestive system but it’s a really messy one.)

One of my biggest parenting missteps was giving my 1 year old diaper free time to clear up a diaper rash.  Unfortunately for me, he also had a stomach bug that I was unaware of! ?

Never have I been more grateful for tile floors instead of carpet!

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Lest not forget Lady Edith ended up having a steamy affair that led to a secret pregnancy, and being engaged or married about 3 times. Girl didn't have a lot of luck until the end.

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

It’s a hard time for all parents - knowing when to give our kids that extra bit pf freedom. When do we let them stay home alone? When do we let them leave town without a parent?

For some it might be fourteen, for others it might be seventeen...or thirty seven.  

Heh  

I think for those of us who are non-fundie, you start giving your kids independence from the time they're newborns doing tummy time, then toddlers wanting to exercise their will. For those of us with kids in daycare from a young age you quickly get used to them having their space to grow outside the home, and you having your independence (work, social activities) without them. Instead, the Maxwells teach their kids obedience over independence from a young age, and that there is no life outside the home or family. Sarah is unfortunately an adult child in that respect.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

The saddest thing is if Steve "lets" Mary and Anna marry and start their own families; Sarah, in my opinion, will end up feeling like she failed at life. From the way it sounds she really wants to get married and have children. Instead she will be a SAHD while watching her younger siblings live their lives the way she envisioned. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The saddest thing is if Steve "lets" Mary and Anna marry and start their own families; Sarah, in my opinion, will end up feeling like she failed at life. From the way it sounds she really wants to get married and have children. Instead she will be a SAHD while watching her younger siblings live their lives the way she envisioned. 

I think that’s a real possibility. Steve might get a fire lit under his ass to allow Anna and Mary to marry because of what happened to Sarah. I also wonder if his recent medical problem not only changed his diet, but also his view on keeping his daughters so closely guarded at home.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Meh. Lady Edith lost me when she took her baby away from not one but two loving families with out a thought to the adoptive parents so she could plunk her in an upstairs nursery with nanny and see her for a prescribed period of time once or twice a day.  

• Upvote 10

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that’s a real possibility. Steve might get a fire lit under his ass to allow Anna and Mary to marry because of what happened to Sarah. I also wonder if his recent medical problem not only changed his diet, but also his view on keeping his daughters so closely guarded at home.

For some reason, I think he will loosen the leash for Mary when it comes down to getting married. As for Anna, I see him being more strict with her getting married. Even if Steve was able to find the perfect man for Sarah she will jump at it as her child bearing years are slowing down. If Sarah were to get married and start having children her pregnancies could be high risk due to her advanced age. Steve and Teri screwed Sarah (and possibly Anna and Mary) by keeping them locked up.

Plus, I think Teri is a little jealous of her daughters. I don't agree with the posts the daughters do, but they are pretty and seem lively when they are out ministering. Teri comes off as depressed and uninterested in everything. She frequently thanks her daughters for helping her out with even the most simplest at home projects she could have done herself. But, for some reason, she always needs help with cleaning fans and making dinner.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

With Steve’s recent health scare, I wonder if he thought to himself, “if I die tomorrow, will my daughters be able to choose godly husbands without me?” Because if Steve really does believe he’s the best person to decide who his daughters marry, wouldn’t he want to get them married before he dies? If he dies tomorrow, they will have Teri and some brothers that might help with the patriarchical bullshit they push. But I’m sure Steve thinks no one is as good as him when it comes to deciding the future of his adult daughters. What if they chose husbands who allowed them to wear contrasting buttons?!?! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Poor Sarah's birthday is next month.  I hope Griselda Teri doesn't write her birthday post again, last one was horrific.  A kick in the head would have hurt less.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

When Steve does the family  patriarch will be Nathan and I will be damned if Anna or Mary aren’t married off within two years simply because he does not want to Be saddled with Two spinster sisters  to support the rest of their lives. Sarah is a lost cause and will be used to be an assistant chief cook , bottle washer, housekeeper  and unpaid childcare.  I don’t think Nathan will let her go.  

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Sarah's birthday is next month.  I hope Griselda Teri doesn't write her birthday post again, last one was horrific.  A kick in the head would have hurt less.

Honestly, I am dreading a birthday post for Sarah next month. Griselda Teri's back in January was awful. I hope she doesn't remind Sarah that she isn't married, doesn't have children, and bring up Ellie's lost litter. Knowing Teri, if she does it one or more of those subjects will come up.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 6

Nope, I dont see those younger gals ever leaving home. It's like they've been infantalized and operate on a conditioned juvenile level. Their baby voices!  Lord have mercy!  And, the two have been so joined at the hip since they were born, I dont think they could  cope without each other around. Kinda like conjoined twins.

Also I've been detecting a slight change in household management. Teri and Steve are doing less of the hands-on and it is falling (very subtly for now) on Annanmary. They are being prepared to take on the eventual care of Teri and Steve, and possibly to serve Sarah too because she's the "writer." 

That is what in store for them, in my opinion. That in addition to also.

"serving" their brothers' families. I hope I'm wrong but I've been reading the blogs pretty regularly for about the past five years or so, and I think this is going to be the life for those two women. The worst of it is, because of their sheltered lives, they don't know what a full human life can be.

Unless.....what Teri and Steve  put forth in their blogs is Very different from how they actually live. And that would be a whole other issue.

I feel so sorry for Annanmary, as they are presented in the blog. No one should be robbed of her life.  My two cents. I hope I'm wrong.  Freejinger is so informative, entertaining and ofter hilarious but no family saddens me as much as the Maxwells.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

17 hours ago, freethemall said:

Lest not forget Lady Edith ended up having a steamy affair that led to a secret pregnancy, and being engaged or married about 3 times. Girl didn't have a lot of luck until the end.

I didn't want to bring up the unwed pregnancy just in case Stevehovah still

lurks here :pb_lol:

Poor Sarah might never get out of the house alone again!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

On 12/10/2019 at 1:31 AM, FloraDoraDolly said:

Or Teri thinks that no man is going to approach Sarah, because her age. So she's safe, like Teri herself (who travels alone sometimes). Where we all see a beautiful YOUNG woman, Teri sees a middle aged woman with zero probabilities of meeting a boyfriend. And what is worse, Sarah agrees with that.

3 hours ago, grammyj said:

but no family saddens me as much as the Maxwells

I understand your point, but at least Maxwell grandkids are well feed, have medical appointments and have toys. Yes, their future is not bright, but Andersons and Rodrigues children look far worse in my opinion. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

When Steve does the family  patriarch will be Nathan and I will be damned if Anna or Mary aren’t married off within two years simply because he does not want to Be saddled with Two spinster sisters  to support the rest of their lives. Sarah is a lost cause and will be used to be an assistant chief cook , bottle washer, housekeeper  and unpaid childcare.  I don’t think Nathan will let her go.  

I hold out hope for Anna, presuming she wants to leave, even if it takes another 5+ years to get her married to a decent man.  But I agree Steve will have to be out of the picture or at least no longer in possession of his mental ability.  It will take some serious matchmaking from the extended family and I could see Chelsy covertly having a hand in it.  Anna really seems to like children and it wouldn't surprise me if Nathan and Christopher take advantage of that as long as possible for help with their own kids.  I will eat my hat if Mary or Sarah ever marry; they seem very infantilized as grammj noted.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic