IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

I wonder how someone would attempt to court Sarah or the other sisters? Email Steve? Await his questionnaire? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder how someone would attempt to court Sarah or the other sisters? Email Steve? Await his questionnaire? 

There are stories about Sarah's suitors being rejected, some for Sarah's herself and some for Steve. If I recall correctly, at least one person that personally knew the Maxwells, explained that. Of course, these informations must be taken with a grain of salt, because internet trolling is a thing, but it sounded reliable.

Maxwells were fundie *celebrities* 15 years ago. They went to lots of conferences, trips, visited other families etc. It's difficult to believe that no man approached Sarah. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

@Botkinetti, after the heart surgery, rigorous daily exercise, and vegan diet, Stevehovah will NEVER die. That’s his plan. I wish I were a lot younger than 67 so I could live to see how this plays out for Poor Sarah and the remaining reversals.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Am I seeing it right: is Sarah wearing what some might call make up in the new pictures???? Mascara?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Makeup would be Chelsy's influence I'll bet. And Sarah made her own decision to go to go to OCC? That would be great but I highly doubt it. When do those spinster sisters ever made their own decisions? The entire family probably prayed over it for weeks before Steve finally gave his blessing. Hope I'm wrong but I'll my  Christmas turkey-- and it's gonna be a good one!--on that.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

There are stories about Sarah's suitors being rejected, some for Sarah's herself and some for Steve. If I recall correctly, at least one person that personally knew the Maxwells, explained that. Of course, these informations must be taken with a grain of salt, because internet trolling is a thing, but it sounded reliable.

Maxwells were fundie *celebrities* 15 years ago. They went to lots of conferences, trips, visited other families etc. It's difficult to believe that no man approached Sarah. 

I really do think that GYM did approach Steve for courting Sarah. However, I believe the ones or one who Sarah really had an interest in Steve either disapproved and/or scared off. For some reason I thought she would end up with a Staddon, Waller, or an Arndt. But, all of the Waller men at Sarah's age are married. The only Staddon man close to her age is Donald, but who knows. As for the Arndt's I don't know if they know the Maxwells, but one of the son's could or could've been suitable. Sarah not getting married and having a family has always been a mystery to me because she comes off as being the perfect fundie housewife.

However, she learned all of her homemaking skills from Teri. Given the way that she wrote about having to shadow Melanie on how to make taco meat in an Instant Pot and all of the bland responses to Chelsy's stuffed mushrooms (I tried them and they were delicious) makes me think she doesn't have that much experience when it comes down to cooking meals that don't require tortillas made from scratch. Remember, Sarah complained about how hard it is to make a salad with a pizza cutter. 

Yes, I know this is focused on Sarah's cooking ability. But, one of the essentials to being a fundie housewife is cooking a good meal. I can imagine Sarah making a meal only to have it go bad and the GYM getting freaked out by Steve and Teri to make him say this is not worth it and bolt out the door ASAP. I know we have snarked on fundie wives who post hideous recipes, but the Maxwells always seemed to take the cake (pun intended) with Teri commending Anna for putting together leftover meals and Teri depending on her "kitchen helpers" assisting her in the kitchen has me believing that Teri only taught Sarah how to make the most out of a can of cream of whatever soup in a casserole along with the best foods that are freezable so you can just throw it in the microwave rather than cook. I hope this last paragraph makes sense. I had trouble figuring out how to write it all down.

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
Hit enter and was posted immediately
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Sarah not getting married and having a family has always been a mystery to me because she comes off as being the perfect fundie housewife.

I think she isn't. I suspect she shares a lot with her mother: quite depressive*, loves quiet, not a children lover, absolutely not into house chores and clever.

*not diagnosing. She just looks often sad, and in general she is not cheerful.

Teri is, in fact, a terrible fundie housewife. Or maybe she's a normal one, but has got the courage to tell what others hide. She didn't like kids, was an awful mother almost neglecting the older 3, was unable to cook and homeschool and it was her husband who had to do it (before Slave Sarah was older enough). Teri has been frustrated and depressed all her married life, and in no way I can believe that religion has helped her, as the opposite. She's the worst advertisement for her own books!

Also, Maxwells are not humble. Conversely, they obviously feel superior than everybody else. I have the feeling that they rejected Sarah's suitors because considered the boys' families not good enough to join them. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Also, Maxwells are not humble. Conversely, they obviously feel superior than everybody else. I have the feeling that they rejected Sarah's suitors because considered the boys' families not good enough to join them. 

I agree that this is possibly a huge reason Steve won’t let his daughters get married.

It’s why I think John’s marriage to Chelsy is so amusing. It seems to me Steve has always thought his daughters-in-law “married up” when they became Maxwells. But, in my opinion, the Bontrager family is just as “famous” as the Maxwell family, if not more so. I think Chelsy’s family was the first to refuse to submit to the Maxwell decrees. They had nothing to prove and were quite unimpressed with whatever reputation Steve might have had left when John and Chelsy started dating. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

The entire family has got to be depressed. Maybe not the married ones since they have a modicum of autonomy, but that shit doesn't just go away when you get a wife & babies. 

I am a better fundie maiden/housewife/whatever than any Maxwell. I know how to cook, and am damn good at it if I do say so myself. I know how to clean, by myself, without a team making a project of it. I am in an apartment now, but when I was married I had a 2200 SF house and I managed to keep it neat and clean and organized all by myself (since the ex was useless). I may be a working, divorced, independent heathen floosie who had sex before marriage and didn't procreate, but I can run circles around most fundie housewives when it comes to keeping house and womanly tasks (except sex with a smile whenever "he" asks for it - I am in that for me, not him or any god or rules).

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

16 hours ago, grammyj said:

Hope I'm wrong but I'll my  Christmas turkey-- and it's gonna be a good one!--on that.

I'm sure it will be delicious - but exactly how many ounces of turkey are allotted to each of you?  If you are just winging it* and letting your family eat until they are satisfied then you put their souls at risk for making an idol out of the bird.  

I suggest you read Teri's posts about exactly how many tablespoons of mashed potatoes she prepares for each member of the family (extended and otherwise.)   THAT'S how you have a Godly and anal retentive holiday meal.

(*get it?  Winging it?  Turkey?  I kill me!)

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
spelling is hard
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

My family must be hell bound over every big holiday meal.  We do turkeys of minimum 22 pounds, as well as 10 pounds of mashed potatoes for a max of 11 people. We do indeed make idols of turkeys and potatoes. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

or an Arndt.

This is a family introduction I'd pay good money to see.  Steve and Teri reacting to Cathy's white shorts...the sports...the whimsy.

If there is one thing the Maxwell's are incapable of understanding it's whimsy.

1 minute ago, catlady said:

My family must be hell bound over every big holiday meal.  We do turkeys of minimum 22 pounds, as well as 10 pounds of mashed potatoes for a max of 11 people. We do indeed make idols of turkeys and potatoes. 

If it makes you feel better my family will be joining yours in hell...but the food will be great!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

Even if you have a small family, Thanksgiving and Christmas leftovers are so amazing!  I grew up with two brothers and a sister and we have four daughters, so we didn't have huge families.  A  22 pound turkey sounds just right.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Even if you have a small family, Thanksgiving and Christmas leftovers are so amazing!  I grew up with two brothers and a sister and we have four daughters, so we didn't have huge families.  A  22 pound turkey sounds just right.  

I bought my turkey late and with a 16 pounder I had almost no leftovers...I will not make that mistake again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

Pffft, Hernameisbuffy, I've got the food portions under control. Like Teri, I will prepare 5 lbs of mashed potatoes for the 12 of us. My excellent  smoked turkey will be carved by Grampyj. Thin slices. I plan to get three good meals plus soup out it. And what's nice is that I can add any leftovers of almost  anything we might have to the soup. We are thrifty. The egg, romaine salad is causing me headaches and the need for continuous prayer. I could make two, but that might be excessive and cause my family to sin with greediness. I would be sending them straight to hell. No, one salad is plenty. We will also have a pie cut in enough pieces for everyone. Very festive.

I will tell you that grampj, myself and two grandkids went out to an all-you-can eat taco buffet tonight. They each had more three tortiilas with black beans and salsa, sin of greed again, I know. And we did have the meat filling  cause grampyj mumbled  something about "getting his money's worth." It's going to take me some time with the Almighty to reconcile thrift and greed. I'd admonish grampyj for tempting us with all-you-can eat, but that would not reverence him as a wife must do. 

(Ok. Grammyj will stop this nonsense and get back to serious snark.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 3

On 12/13/2019 at 7:06 AM, fundiefan said:

They are exasperating with their mundane existence. 

It makes me anxious to think of their lives and see that absolutely nothing ever, ever changes and nothing ever, ever happens and no one ever, ever learns/grows/develops. 

The Maxwell's picture is the only definition of stagnant in the dictionary. 

Oh my gosh, they’re a living tableau of a Dantesque level of hell! Around and around and around, and nothing. Ever. Changes. For all eternity.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is a family introduction I'd pay good money to see.  Steve and Teri reacting to Cathy's white shorts...the sports...the whimsy.

If there is one thing the Maxwell's are incapable of understanding it's whimsy.

If it makes you feel better my family will be joining yours in hell...but the food will be great!

I actually said Arndt because they have unmarried sons close to Sarah's age. But, that is one meeting that would be interesting to watch.

19 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think she isn't. I suspect she shares a lot with her mother: quite depressive*, loves quiet, not a children lover, absolutely not into house chores and clever.

*not diagnosing. She just looks often sad, and in general she is not cheerful.

Teri is, in fact, a terrible fundie housewife. Or maybe she's a normal one, but has got the courage to tell what others hide. She didn't like kids, was an awful mother almost neglecting the older 3, was unable to cook and homeschool and it was her husband who had to do it (before Slave Sarah was older enough). Teri has been frustrated and depressed all her married life, and in no way I can believe that religion has helped her, as the opposite. She's the worst advertisement for her own books!

No kidding, the only problem is Sarah was raised in a cult where she was told being that being a housewife and mother is the most important thing in the world. She was never told that being an author, living on her own, and being single with no children was okay.

I think that is why Sarah comes off as depressed. All of her siblings, including Anna and Mary, have a better chance at moving out and starting their own families than her. I mean, Steve is okay with sending Anna and Mary off on a two month missionary trip away from the Maxwell compound while Sarah sits at home with a depressed mother and overbearing father while being constantly reminded what she doesn't have by watching her nieces and nephews. To me, Anna and Mary have more freedom in their twenties than Sarah ever had in her whole life. I know that is not saying much, but Sarah has written about her siblings going on missionary trips for long periods of time. I can see them using Ellie against her. But, lets face it, Steve, Teri, and the other live at home Maxwells can take care of her while she is away. At the end of the day, I think, Sarah feels like a failure for not having a family, still living with her parents at forty, and, now with Ellie losing the litter, losing the only thing that would have been the closest thing to having children/grandchildren of her own (even though it was in puppy form). 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

Depression can be purely circumstantial.  I know mine in a somewhat similar, less extreme situation was.  It went away with living life on my own terms, as I knew it would.  Since my family was more evangelical than fundie, before fake medical woo took over protestant Christianity, lots of people in their social circles told me I had a chemical imbalance.  I didn't.  I know several folks do, but blaming internal factors over external is a deadly, deadly denial.  Literally deadly.  It leads to deaths.  I am shocked that there is no SAHD suicide rate.  The closest I can think of is Morgan Ingram, but she was significantly younger than permanent SAHDs and I don't know if the Ingrams are religious.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

Sarah tells us that Operation Christmas Child box sometimes include  "tools for the young men."

Sarah and her sisters know how to use all sorts of tools; but she's still so brainwashed she believes that that you'd never give a female a tool.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Sarah tells us that Operation Christmas Child box sometimes include  "tools for the young men."

Sarah and her sisters know how to use all sorts of tools; but she's still so brainwashed she believes that that you'd never give a female a tool.

Hasn't she seen Beall's Doug Phillips, Zsu's Steven Anderson, or her own mom's Steve Maxwell? Fundie women receive tools all the time.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 24
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, 16strong said:

Fundie women receive tools all the time.

Please please please this must be a thread title!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 12/18/2019 at 3:27 AM, catlady said:

Sounds like heaven to me! 
(I hope that’s not blasphemy ?)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

On 12/17/2019 at 5:47 PM, grammyj said:

Pffft, Hernameisbuffy, I've got the food portions under control. Like Teri, I will prepare 5 lbs of mashed potatoes for the 12 of us. My excellent  smoked turkey will be carved by Grampyj. Thin slices. I plan to get three good meals plus soup out it. And what's nice is that I can add any leftovers of almost  anything we might have to the soup. We are thrifty. The egg, romaine salad is causing me headaches and the need for continuous prayer. I could make two, but that might be excessive and cause my family to sin with greediness. I would be sending them straight to hell. No, one salad is plenty. We will also have a pie cut in enough pieces for everyone. Very festive.

I will tell you that grampj, myself and two grandkids went out to an all-you-can eat taco buffet tonight. They each had more three tortiilas with black beans and salsa, sin of greed again, I know. And we did have the meat filling  cause grampyj mumbled  something about "getting his money's worth." It's going to take me some time with the Almighty to reconcile thrift and greed. I'd admonish grampyj for tempting us with all-you-can eat, but that would not reverence him as a wife must do. 

(Ok. Grammyj will stop this nonsense and get back to serious snark.)

Is it wrong if one person doesn’t have their slice of pie? What will become of it? We know it’s a sin to have two slices, especially if more than one person wants a second slice.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic