IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

I’m guessing they’re all so stressed about Anna Marie that wasn’t even a consideration. They’re probably impressed they even remembered to post anything about her birthday. 

I meant next year or so.

Sarah's parents are doing her no favors by calling her a hard worker.  They are inflating her self worth just to keep her under their watchful eyes.  If she questions her existence and why her life is the way it is, she has two parents who pump her up and tell her how great she's doing.  They do it for selfish reasons.  That's pathetic.  

• Upvote 10

17 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This. Even if they are Maxwells and are probably kept blissfully unaware of anything concerning sweet fellowship, surely at least one of the "girls" must be curious. They do have the same hormones everyone else has, even if that doesn't suit with Steve's world view, and seeing attractive men (or women, God forbid!) must cause some reactions in them.

Those poor girls, getting the same urges we all get, and being able to do nothing about them, just pray them away and happily continue dusting the cabinets...

Even worse, the Spinster Sisters probably believe those "urges" are sinful and feel shamed and embarrassed by them. Just another way they've been right royally ripped off by a patriarchal system that views women as possessions without any personal autonomy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

13 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

Do you think if Sarah asked to stop the birthday posts, her parents would make them anyway and tell her she should work on her gratitude?

I certainly hope not! I'd like to think that after they didn't post about Joseph being married until he WAS, and they were gonna do that for John and Chelsy as well, that they've learned SOMETHING about respecting their kids as adults. But we'll never know for sure. Or did any of you who spied at their conferences catch any such conversations between parents and "kidults"? Like tell Sarah she's needed over here; while she's talking to a gentleman?

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

I certainly hope not! I'd like to think that after they didn't post about Joseph being married until he WAS, and they were gonna do that for John and Chelsy as well, that they've learned SOMETHING about respecting their kids as adults. But we'll never know for sure. Or did any of you who spied at their conferences catch any such conversations between parents and "kidults"? Like tell Sarah she's needed over here; while she's talking to a gentleman?

I don't think that was out of respect for the kidults at all.  I think that was totally due to Steve's embarrassment over Elizabeth dumping Joseph and never, ever wanting to be publicly humiliated like that again.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 17

• Coconut Flan locked this topic