IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

Okay... Not gonna lie. I was honestly impressed with the icing script on the cake. I mean look at it! It’s beautiful and legible. I can actually read it and I have a terrible time trying to read words in cursive. Plus it’s not that easy to write in icing (I know, I’ve tried, it was horrible).

But the whole “ scripture memory party” sounds horrid... and incredibly boring.

4EE03608-E07B-472B-876F-A8C721254FBC.jpeg.af9aebc769b2f52df18ce4b7bc3c48c3.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Does Calia participate in Scripture Memorization?  Didn't see her or her parents.  Danny is younger than her and he does.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

He and Annamarie were posing with a cake at the end with a bible quote. Maybe that was his reward? After all, Christopher does work hard teaching the children how to read scripture judging from Anna Marie's posts about how all of the techniques she uses.

Yep, I assumed (blah blah blah) that was the reward as well. 

4 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

No kidding, do we know what Christopher does for a living? Other than take wedding photos? 

BTW I noticed in the first photo Chelsy had her hand on her belly. I keep looking at it and I think she is expecting, she just hasn't announced it yet. Is it me? Or is it just the way she is sitting?

I'm glad you said this! I got the impression that Chels is expecting as well but didn't want to say anything.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

No kidding, do we know what Christopher does for a living? Other than take wedding photos? 

BTW I noticed in the first photo Chelsy had her hand on her belly. I keep looking at it and I think she is expecting, she just hasn't announced it yet. Is it me? Or is it just the way she is sitting?

I thought the same thing about Chelsy; but in another photo (taken at the same party) she seemed to look “not pregnant.” I am unreasonably curious about this. 

• Upvote 3

I saw their post and thought how a Scripture Memory Party with only family sounds like an improv sketch or something from SNL. These people are for real. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I thought the same thing about Chelsy; but in another photo (taken at the same party) she seemed to look “not pregnant.” I am unreasonably curious about this. 

I'm curious as well. If she and John are following the typical fundie time between babies then she should be expecting around now. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I thought "pregnant" when I looked at the header pic, but then when I zoomed in closer, her hand is out a few inches from her body - not resting on a protruding belly. LIkely she was just turning to get the pic/video she's taking and the picture Sarah took caught her mid-movement.

Wouldn't be surprised if she was pregnant, though. Actually I would be more surprised if she wasn't. It's been almost a year and some crazy fertility runs on both sides of that family...

• Upvote 1

Here's my thing. Before Chels looked like she was losing weight and now she looks like she's gaining. Maybe it's a non related fluctuation, however, given i was previously right about Mel expecting when most people thought I was seeing things? I'm going to stick with this.

Of course she's gorgeous either way and like Gigi, one of the only breaths of life in this blog.

• Upvote 5

Chels & John look like in one of their pictures they are thinking “how log do we have to sit here.”

That evening had to have been brutal.  

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Is anyone else having a Maxwell reaction when the promo for The Moodys shows up on Fox?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

Lil' Danny is the cutest kid ever. That's all I got to say.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Is anyone else having a Maxwell reaction when the promo for The Moodys shows up on Fox?

Yup, every time it comes on. I keep thinking of posting a comment on their blog asking if they are affiliated with the show just to get a reaction out of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

True, although Melanie and Nathan's Benji, with his Popeye smile, is pretty darn cute too.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

If I was a part of this family and had to hear about the Bible THIS much, I would run away screaming at some point. Holy cow. I get the feeling that Anna Marie and Christopher are like those youth sports-obsessed parents but with Bible quoting. Remember their son quoting Jonah at a similar special party? 

Uh oh....Is showing off memorization skills becoming an idol? Kind of like sports?*Shudders* 

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I don’t know. Little Debbie is quite the cutie. She reminds me of Tina and I’ve always thought Tina was just adorable. The Maxwell’s are just the worst. But they might have the cutest grandkids on FJ.

2AF655F5-5AFE-498E-9D6C-4D8CBB232E94.jpeg

• Upvote 9

Deborah is what, 5, 6 months old, yet they don’t let her wear pants without a skirt over it? She’s clearly got two shirts and pants on and they cover it with a jumper anyway to be ‘modest’. I’ve known a lot of babies and not a single one is modest. Neither are toddlers, or preschoolers for that matter. I don’t understand how you instill modesty from birth without instilling a hatred for the body in some way. Ever see a toddler who’s figured out how to remove their clothes, running around and gleefully being naked? It makes me sad the Maxwells will never allow their kids that glee, to feel the wind and sun against the skin, to unashamedly explore their bodies and figure out what marvelous things they can do with it. 

I mean, what exactly are they so afraid of? They don’t even go to public pools and rarely parks. Who is going to care if the baby isn’t wearing a skirt?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

@anachronistic,  the Maxwells would have shit themselves if they'd seen this little toddler boy who I saw at a church in rural Tanzania recently.  He had a t-shirt on, but his bottom half was as naked as the day he was born.  Of course, the Maxxes may have excused it because the child is just an Anglican heathen from deepest and more importantly darkest Africa and doesn't know he needs to cover his body with multiple clothing layers.

Personally, neither my husband nor I were bothered in the slightest by the kid's bare bottom nor by the mothers nursing openly  without covering up in church either.  

How in the hell can that child crawl/creep wearing that outfit?

• Upvote 4

Deborah’s outfit made me think of Jill Rodrigues - so many mismatched layers! One of the photos in today’s post also made me think of Jill. I think it’s Tina, dressed in a baggy top with t-shirt underneath it. 

Still, Melanie’s kids are beautiful and, thankfully, clearly healthy and well fed. We can’t say the same for the Rodrigues kids. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

So Poor Sarah went to Denver for OCC but Goofy Anna and Scary Mary didn't?  WTF!

Mary and Anna always travel together and they can’t have all 3 girls gone at the same time. Who would keep Mommy and Daddy company, fed etc?  So Sarah has to go alone. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I mean, what exactly are they so afraid of?

Deep, thick, stultifying, depressing guilt from Teri and Steve.

I would imagine that just a furrowed brow or some other vestige of the "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" look Steve probably gave them when they were children would still chill the hearts of his grown offspring.

Or maybe they've just  internalized it now, and somehow associate not following the Stevehovah plan  with being doomed to Hell.

:borg:

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

My nephew's 18 month old daughter spent several hours during Thanksgiving running around naked. She just tossed off her clothes one item at a time and kept doing what she was doing. Not one member of the family freaked out, not one person gasped in shock at a naked baby, not one person gave a rat's arse. Except her father, when she pee'd on him and he decided it was time for her to get dressed again. 

No one took pictures to taunt her later in life like my mom & grandma did to me when I did that at the same age and more. We just  went on with our lives and day and listened to her shrieks of laughter as she played with the dogs and her cousins. 

The fact that babies are dressed in layers for modesty is a disturbing thought in and of it itself. A baby. A freaking baby!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

My nephew's 18 month old daughter spent several hours during Thanksgiving running around naked. She just tossed off her clothes one item at a time and kept doing what she was doing. Not one member of the family freaked out, not one person gasped in shock at a naked baby, not one person gave a rat's arse. Except her father, when she pee'd on him and he decided it was time for her to get dressed again. 

No one took pictures to taunt her later in life like my mom & grandma did to me when I did that at the same age and more. We just  went on with our lives and day and listened to her shrieks of laughter as she played with the dogs and her cousins. 

The fact that babies are dressed in layers for modesty is a disturbing thought in and of it itself. A baby. A freaking baby!

I have a rule that my kids have to at least wear underwear or a diaper at all times. Because I’ve stepped in too many pee puddles and turds on the floor. Even after they are potty trained, I worry they don’t wipe well enough. So they must wear undies as a sort of shield. Other than that, I don’t care. I hate pants and bras so I’m never one to talk about being fully clothed at all times. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a rule that my kids have to at least wear underwear or a diaper at all times. Because I’ve stepped in too many pee puddles and turds on the floor. Even after they are potty trained, I worry they don’t wipe well enough. So they must wear undies as a sort of shield. Other than that, I don’t care. I hate pants and bras so I’m never one to talk about being fully clothed at all times. 

I am sure her days of being able to run around naked are numbered for just that reason. It just makes me sort of sick to my stomach to think there are people in the world who are double dressing babies for "modesty" because they are what, too sexy while playing? Might show a thigh? A diapered butt? It really is just too disturbing to explore too fully. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic