IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Maybe they are trying to negotiate another season and TLC make the valid point that their lives are dull enough without them airing everything on social media 6 months before the show airs!

The posting on line is usually a tease for what they will show on TV

Oh I have no doubt they're negotiating with TLC about next season, if there even will be one. With Derick answering questions the way he is, that don't make anyone look good.

Then again I just saw on IG that Ben and Jessa are visiting Jinger and Jeremy.........can they afford to do that on the Jimbob salary? Or.......without?

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Oh I have no doubt they're negotiating with TLC about next season, if there even will be one. With Derick answering questions the way he is, that don't make anyone look good.

Then again I just saw on IG that Ben and Jessa are visiting Jinger and Jeremy.........can they afford to do that on the Jimbob salary? Or.......without?

Keeping quiet probably pays quite well in Duggarville at the moment! 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Keeping quiet probably pays quite well in Duggarville at the moment! 

I think that’s true at all times, really.  For example, I don’t think Boob is particularly fond of Jeremy because he can’t completely control him.  However, Jeremy does his trained monkey dance as he’s been told to do, so he too gets his banana.  

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

Yes, they can afford it, and TLC’s likely filming and paying anyway.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

The Seewalds visited before the Vuolos, so like two weeks ago. Not sure why they're doing a photo dump this week. 

Edited by marmalade

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

The Seewalds visited before the Vuolos, so like two weeks ago. Not sure why they're doing a photo dump this week. 

Ok, that does make more sense. Before the "Derick spilling"......(singing the Jeopardy song)

Did we already know that the Duggars have security cameras inside their house? You could see them in Jessa’s video. 

Edited by Scoodilypoop
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Scoodilypoop said:

Did we already know that the Duggars have security cameras inside their house? You could see them in Jessa’s video. 

Yes it all came out with the josh gate thing and them telling the bates to install them too. They installed them because of josh. Its also why they have to go past the parents room to get to the girls room and the boys are all the way across the other landing. If I recall correctly.

• Upvote 7

I had forgotten about the security cameras.  It's all sorts of fcked up that these families have them to spy on their kids and to make sure that no one is molesting their sibling or having impure thoughts/actions with anyone else. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JMO said:

I had forgotten about the security cameras.  It's all sorts of fcked up that these families have them to spy on their kids and to make sure that no one is molesting their sibling or having impure thoughts/actions with anyone else. 

Dude the whole Nanny cam thing freaked me the fuck out when I worked in petcare. I was always paranoid I was being watched with everything I do, and more then once it turned out to be true. Like when the mom of the Shiba I walked said "It's so sweet you sing to them.". Something I did not tell her. Shits freaky as I never found out where the camera was, I never did more then a walk for the Shiba after that. Too unsettling given they lived in a one room apartment. 

However in the case of the duggars I mean... I get it. As long as they don't have one in the girls rooms - which would make the one in the hall redundant if said perv had access to the computers where all these record to - I don't blame them given Josh's history. However the whole thing the camera represents (ie; their entire cult and it's fucked up views causing fucked up things) is so fucked up. 

• Upvote 9

TLC, quit with the promos for your disgusting new foot doctor show!! They even followed me over to TBS. :brainbleach:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Have no idea, but maybe the cameras are because they have so many non relatives in their home. Someone did steal Jinger's diary once. Maybe just wanting to have a eye out for relative strangers snooping.

• Upvote 4

On 1/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

Have no idea, but maybe the cameras are because they have so many non relatives in their home. Someone did steal Jinger's diary once. Maybe just wanting to have a eye out for relative strangers snooping.

I thought that the story about Jinger having her diary stolen has been determined to be false.  The person who supposedly stole the diary lied, but I can't remember why.  Was she trying to sell the 'diary', trying to discredit the Duggars, or simply seeking attention?  

Did the 'diary' mention Josh and his molestation's, even in an indirect way?  How would Jinger get a diary and be able to write in it with any expectation of privacy?  The Duggars were proud of having their kids monitor each other and report nonconformist behavior to their parents.  

If a Duggar child were to try to write down their thoughts, feelings, and their worldview, wouldn't their parents read everything?  David Waller wrote that his parents had their children write journals, read them, and then discuss with the kids what they wrote.  It was an obvious attempt to redirect any errant thoughts back to the righteous path their parents mapped out for them.  The Duggar parents strike me as being more lazy.  They had too many kids to keep track of, so I think they would simply discourage any self reflection and sic the kids on each other to keep them all in line.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

I thought that the story about Jinger having her diary stolen has been determined to be false.  The person who supposedly stole the diary lied, but I can't remember why.  Was she trying to sell the 'diary', trying to discredit the Duggars, or simply seeking attention?  

Did the 'diary' mention Josh and his molestation's, even in an indirect way?  How would Jinger get a diary and be able to write in it with any expectation of privacy?  The Duggars were proud of having their kids monitor each other and report nonconformist behavior to their parents.  

If a Duggar child were to try to write down their thoughts, feelings, and their worldview, wouldn't their parents read everything?  David Waller wrote that his parents had their children write journals, read them, and then discuss with the kids what they wrote.  It was an obvious attempt to redirect any errant thoughts back to the righteous path their parents mapped out for them.  The Duggar parents strike me as being more lazy.  They had too many kids to keep track of, so I think they would simply discourage any self reflection and sic the kids on each other to keep them all in line.

I didnt remember about the stolen diary being false.

If I had a house that size and so many non relatives there as often as the Duggars seem to, I'd want security cameras. They can't possibly know those people that well and trust them completely. 

• Upvote 3

I can't speak for Gothardism but in most Christian circles journaling is fairly common. And the word "Diary" could have different meanings. While we might be thinking 

"dear diary... Today Jilly Muffin snitched on me and Jessa" it could just as easily be a more bible study/prayer journal type thing. Regardless of the content if it was stolen (which is believable) it was a huge invasion of privacy (especially given her age at the time)

I agree that if I had that many non family members in my home and had such a public profile I would want security cameras too. We also don't know what kind of negative mail they may get, it's entirely possible (even probable) that they've received hate mail and threats to their safety. 

• Upvote 4

The Duggar Instagram showed a baby shower for Abbie. It’s not clear if it was being filmed. Michelle rocking the jean skirt/boots combo from Christmas. 

I know it’s hardly a novelty for the younger girls but they looked thoroughly bored on the photos. I hope they got to have some fun.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:46 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

TLC, quit with the promos for your disgusting new foot doctor show!! They even followed me over to TBS. :brainbleach:

I hear ya. "Dr. Pimple Popper" disgusts me every time I see a promo.

(Gah, even typing that was nauseating. Sorry if it triggers anyone.)

Edited by scoutsadie
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The Duggar Instagram showed a baby shower for Abbie. It’s not clear if it was being filmed. Michelle rocking the jean skirt/boots combo from Christmas. 

I know it’s hardly a novelty for the younger girls but they looked thoroughly bored on the photos. I hope they got to have some fun.

I love the decorations of holiday  trees, garland and clear lights with a couple of pink accent bags and jars mixed in.  Way to mail it in,  Duggars. No wonder Jinger skipped it and opted for Philly instead.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It's the Duggar's, they probably are getting it filmed. 

They go to so many shower's it's the same song and dance every time. By the time it's their turn they aren't going to want much because they've seen everything! 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The only Duggar who ever posts photos that even hint at filming is Jana (unlike all the Bates kids, who constantly show cameras and boom mikes in the backgrounds of their stories!) The pregnant women in the Duggar family are usually filmed when they announce their pregnancies and then around their due dates. Probably because it's more interesting than just showing someone who's five-six months along getting an ultrasound/complaining about back pains.

So yeah, they were probably filming and Michelle made sure not to get any of the crew or equipment in the photos. What I'm interested in is whether or not Jill was invited...

I thought they might have made more effort with the decorations for TLC- I haven’t spotted anything aviation themed and John David is a pilot you know. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The only Duggar who ever posts photos that even hint at filming is Jana (unlike all the Bates kids, who constantly show cameras and boom mikes in the backgrounds of their stories!) The pregnant women in the Duggar family are usually filmed when they announce their pregnancies and then around their due dates. Probably because it's more interesting than just showing someone who's five-six months along getting an ultrasound/complaining about back pains.

So yeah, they were probably filming and Michelle made sure not to get any of the crew or equipment in the photos. What I'm interested in is whether or not Jill was invited...

I am pretty sure she was. Whatever the status of Derick is right now, we have seen photos of her at events, even if she didn’t appear on the show. We know that Josh is at a lot of family events but tlc makes sure we never get to see him. 

I do wonder about the whole dynamic in their case. Is Derick actively avoiding the Duggars or is he not longer invited or both? He doesn’t seem to hold Jill off to attend births and events. Is he actually there some times and we just don’t see it? I don’t think JB would shun one of his own if they personally don’t speak up against him. He seems to desperate to hold on every inch of control he can have. 

45 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

John David is a pilot you know

He is? I had no idea. :giggle:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/5/2020 at 6:14 AM, Idlewild said:

I thought they might have made more effort with the decorations for TLC- I haven’t spotted anything aviation themed and John David is a pilot you know. 

yes, but the baby is a girl so she obviously won't have any interest or aptitude in that direction herself.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic