Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Recommended Posts

AussieKrissy

The non politician son really resembles Jim Bob from this pic. But I can actually see the shape of face of the other one in JL was it? Jim bobs dad! And a little bit of Jill in Mary
Amy is her mums clone.... 

D8B99AD7-94F8-40EE-AE03-B75D081421A1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exposedknees

I tried to watch a little but kept leaving the room as Jessa "man-splained" the pandemic to me🙄. We need a new word here

"Duggsplained"? 🤔Let's work on that....My takeaways from wandering in and out of the room are: too much JB&M, EVERYTHING is so scripted and contrived so they appear normal & relatable. Before it was like

" look at the godly little house on the prairie freaks" OK now, they want to be normal?! I mean they isolated these kids for YEARS, and now worldly Covid 19 is something they address? It doesn't fit with JB's initial dogma- EXCEPT  JB's real God is $$$$. Dollars are made with his worldly show. I call hypocrisy🤣🤣🤣

The "breakout stars" Jing, JereME, and Publicity are just insufferable. IDK how long this s#!Tshow can limp along....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

I think it’s particularly annoying that they are embracing ‘Covid TV’ as you know their natural instincts are to side with Trump and the other lunatics that everyone is overreacting. Indeed they were happy to ignore it at first until they realised TLC probably wasn’t going to embrace family night and church going even if their state allowed it. 
 

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I'm only 1/2 way through this TWO HOURS ?!?!? episode.  But I saw the painting scene.  Jana was so tightly trying not to yell at Josie and honestly it broke my heart.  She was painting in a more messy free hand style than her sisters but that's all she did "wrong".  They were supposed to paint a nature scene/flower from the looks of it and Jana had a little book (too small for them all to look at) that she briefly showed them and was attempting to copy out of.  Josie was very clearly trying to paint the whole piece of paper one color and then do something with it.  And honestly, she wasn't that messy and while she is old enough to follow directions she does seem much more immature than her sisters.  She wasn't being loud or destructive.  She wasn't being bratty.  She was just doing her own thing.  Rather than try to talk to her about what she was trying to make and encourage her to experiment, she was reprimanded for using too much paint and not doing it right and thrown out of the lesson.  I'm going to give Jana some lee way since she was locked down with her whole family and we don't know what point in the lock down this was.  She might have been low on patience like we all were. There was also a smaller scene of Michelle making homemade wipes when Josie came along and tried to help.  Michele was also clearly not into having a helper at that moment and was trying to keep sweet.  I do think that Josie is the least trained of the kids and shows closest to normal child behavior, but lets be real.  That just means she's not a defeated automaton of a child like the others were by her age.  

  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
candygirl200413

None of them actually locked down. Social media showed them still going about life normally visiting each other, going to resturants, etc.

But I do think Jana hit her wall in mainly communicating with children and when will she get her own room?!

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

None of them actually locked down. Social media showed them still going about life normally visiting each other, going to resturants, etc.

But I do think Jana hit her wall in mainly communicating with children and when will she get her own room?!

I 1/2 ass watched the show while cleaning the bathroom, I was totally unamused with the phony quarantine & all the JB & M. Though it was nice to see MEchelle actually cleaning her disgusting doors. 

It was nice to see & hear the lost girls, Johanna has really gone from little girl to young woman.  I watched Joy & Austin talk about Annabell, and thought it was very sweet and I now firmly believe that the only reason J&A aren't in the promos & most likely won't be seem much on this "season" was because they just couldn't deal with cameras and filming at the time & thankfully JB didn't push them too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper
10 hours ago, JMO said:

But I saw the painting scene.  Jana was so tightly trying not to yell at Josie and honestly it broke my heart.  She was painting in a more messy free hand style than her sisters but that's all she did "wrong".  *snip*  She wasn't being loud or destructive.  She wasn't being bratty.  She was just doing her own thing.  

I just saw this scene, and wow, in its own little way, it showed viewers what's wrong with the whole fundie philosophy of "color in the lines or else".  I think that's why the editors kept so much of it in, and included a little interview with Josie about "getting in trouble".

Poor kid even tried to explain to Jana that she was deliberately doing something creative, and Jana was actually ragey about it.  Do not even think about trying to be creative or being different!  You will be banished! 

I did enjoy Josie's little smirk in the interview. Stay golden, kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
10 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I just saw this scene, and wow, in its own little way, it showed viewers what's wrong with the whole fundie philosophy of "color in the lines or else".  I think that's why the editors kept so much of it in, and included a little interview with Josie about "getting in trouble".

Poor kid even tried to explain to Jana that she was deliberately doing something creative, and Jana was actually ragey about it.  Do not even think about trying to be creative or being different!  You will be banished! 

I did enjoy Josie's little smirk in the interview. Stay golden, kid. 

This is when I & the other church moms realized I was not like them. I was teaching Sunday school with a group of 4/5 yr olds and one of the activities was to color this picture. The other mom helping was telling kids make sure to stay in the lines and I was over there going sure your sun can be blue & have a horn.  This woman was horrified, as were a few parents who didn't enjoy their kids creativity the way did.  :(   I'm almost 50 yrs old and still don't see the point of coloring inside the lines if you don't want to. 

  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobology

Watching Johanna during the painting scene took me back... at her age (14-ish?) Jana was running the whole dang house and educating the kids, all while on her way to becoming a concert pianist. It almost would have been a better scene to see Johanna facilitating the art lesson.

And I've wondered for a while now, do the younger kids play instruments the way the older ones did and do? Several of the older ones are quite good* (including Josh.) Their music learning likely happened before the parents were on perpetual speaking engagements vacations, but perhaps the younger ones who are interested are developing good musical skills... we just haven't seen them.

*quite good bc in my opinion most kids take piano lessons and play for 1-3 years or so and never get as good as what I've noticed from the Duggars. Now their violins are a completely different story, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper

Hanni turns 15 in a few months.  You'd think they'd have her working on her hope chest instead of hanging out with the little girls.  Maybe JB and his bride may want to cling to the idea that they still have little kids, but I think Jennifer is 13 in a few weeks, leaving Jordyn and Josie as their only non-teen/non-adult offspring.  

I only watched about a third of the episode, but wayyyy too much JB and Michelle.  I thought they were still (mostly) in a TLC timeout for being Sex Pest's enablers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neuroticcat

They brought them back in a big way at the beginning of last season (or maybe the season before?) I’m assuming they didn’t get pushback and the fans ate it up. It might as well be 19k and counting again at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartsAFundie
3 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

They brought them back in a big way at the beginning of last season (or maybe the season before?) I’m assuming they didn’t get pushback and the fans ate it up. It might as well be 19k and counting again at this point.

Agree.  It's only a matter of time before Jim Bob and Michelle appear in the TLC "Counting On" cast photo used in the commercials.  Calling it now. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meggo
1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This is when I & the other church moms realized I was not like them. I was teaching Sunday school with a group of 4/5 yr olds and one of the activities was to color this picture. The other mom helping was telling kids make sure to stay in the lines and I was over there going sure your sun can be blue & have a horn.  This woman was horrified, as were a few parents who didn't enjoy their kids creativity the way did.  :(   I'm almost 50 yrs old and still don't see the point of coloring inside the lines if you don't want to. 

My mom was obsessed with the idea of "mess". I don't really remember her being in favor of crafts when we were little - but watching her obsess over my son making messes now really bugs me (or when he was little and eating like babies do and getting food ALLLLLL over himself and his hair etc). He's 7. He's going to get dirty, he's going to make a mess when he paints, he's going to leave a bit of sand wherever he goes and I'M FINE WITH THAT. That's what life - with a kid, specifically a very busy 7 year old boy - is like. Nothing we have isn't washable, or replaceable. The things that are too precious to be loved- are well out of his reach. Get paint on the table, get paint on your clothes, get dirt on your feet (and in your hair, on your hands, on your face). We'll wash it all up when you're done. 
He apologizes for making messes and I tell him "That's okay to make a mess - we all do it - we just have to clean it up."

(I don't naturally come by this positivity about messes - see the comment about my mom - I'm sure she fretted about things being messy when I was a kid too. But I trained myself to say "Oh!! Look at how messy this is! How fun! Making memories! Yay!!!" instead of freaking out about paint being all over the kitchen table and chairs and sand just pouring out of his shoes...)

 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Hanni turns 15 in a few months.  You'd think they'd have her working on her hope chest instead of hanging out with the little girls.  Maybe JB and his bride may want to cling to the idea that they still have little kids, but I think Jennifer is 13 in a few weeks, leaving Jordyn and Josie as their only non-teen/non-adult offspring.  

I only watched about a third of the episode, but wayyyy too much JB and Michelle.  I thought they were still (mostly) in a TLC timeout for being Sex Pest's enablers? 

Ugg...they make mere babies take care of newborns, yet treat adolescents like babies. They need to make up their minds. I can’t imagine the mixed message or at what point they each say, WTF. 10 YO girls have the responsibility of  buddy teams, yet a 29 YO woman, who was trusted to raise and educate a buddy as a child, isn’t trusted to go to Vegas with friends. 

4 minutes ago, Meggo said:

My mom was obsessed with the idea of "mess". I don't really remember her being in favor of crafts when we were little - but watching her obsess over my son making messes now really bugs me (or when he was little and eating like babies do and getting food ALLLLLL over himself and his hair etc). He's 7. He's going to get dirty, he's going to make a mess when he paints, he's going to leave a bit of sand wherever he goes and I'M FINE WITH THAT. That's what life - with a kid, specifically a very busy 7 year old boy - is like. Nothing we have isn't washable, or replaceable. The things that are too precious to be loved- are well out of his reach. Get paint on the table, get paint on your clothes, get dirt on your feet (and in your hair, on your hands, on your face). We'll wash it all up when you're done. 
He apologizes for making messes and I tell him "That's okay to make a mess - we all do it - we just have to clean it up."

(I don't naturally come by this positivity about messes - see the comment about my mom - I'm sure she fretted about things being messy when I was a kid too. But I trained myself to say "Oh!! Look at how messy this is! How fun! Making memories! Yay!!!" instead of freaking out about paint being all over the kitchen table and chairs and sand just pouring out of his shoes...)

 

 

I am your mom. I hate messes, sticky...how was I ever an ICU nurse? Those bedsides were spotless. My daughter is like you. My GD rolls with it. “Mimi hates messes” is often said. We are all OK with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meggo
9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Ugg...they make mere babies take care of newborns, yet treat adolescents like babies. They need to make up their minds. I can’t imagine the mixed message or at what point they each say, WTF. 10 YO girls have the responsibility of  buddy teams, yet a 29 YO woman, who was trusted to raise and educate a buddy as a child, isn’t trusted to go to Vegas with friends. 

I am your mom. I hate messes, sticky...how was I ever an ICU nurse? Those bedsides were spotless. My daughter is like you. My GD rolls with it. “Mimi hates messes” is often said. We are all OK with it!

I don't like the messes (I was irritated by the sand yesterday because I had juuuust washed the floors and feel like I am constantly trying to shovel in a snowstorm). But I also can only control so much. Kids make messes - they're mostly washable - let's teach him to wash them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
3 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I don't like the messes (I was irritated by the sand yesterday because I had juuuust washed the floors and feel like I am constantly trying to shovel in a snowstorm). But I also can only control so much. Kids make messes - they're mostly washable - let's teach him to wash them. 

And you are my daughter. She used to let her now 6 YO, who was 2 at the time, wash dishes.  Cringe-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pecansforeveryone

Yeah, we are many seasons into Counting On. I am only surprised they haven't had Michelle and JB in promos by now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone

My mother was/is a compulsive cleaner. The house had to be SPOTLESS 24/7. Messes were never allowed, ever, dinner was washed up and put away immediately when done eating, not matter what dinner it was, be it a holiday or a family gathering. Dishes are NEVER left to soak, the floors get swept daily, vacuumed 3x a week, sheets are changed and washed weakly. floors are scrubbed weakly, windows washed monthly (inside and out, not an easy task in Iowa in January). Laundry was done just so, you can't wash your underwear with your towels, if you use a rag on the floor you throw it away, because it will NEVER be clean again. The old bat lives alone, and STILL spends 12 hours a week cleaning her house, she vacuums the vacuum tracks.

She hates cleaning, and complains endlessly about it, and we would always have a raging screaming match every day between her and 1 of us, because she was NOT the house n***** (yes she uses that word, she's not a racist, but...🙄) It didn't matter if we did chores or not, they were never done to HER satisfaction, so you got yelled at for doing them wrong, and you got yelled at for not doing them. We just stopped, we were in trouble either way, because there is no way to make her happy, she always moves the goal posts. When "doctor" Phil asks, do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?  She wants to be right. Needless to say housekeeping and things like that are a big trigger for my siblings and I. My sister and I can laugh about some of it. A few years ago my BIL was folding towels and I told him he wasn't doing it right, my sister laughed, then he asked "what is this magical way of folding towels?" My sister and I each picked up a towel and folded them the exact same way, without looking at each other, and placed them neatly on top of each other. He just said "that is messed up" We're like yep. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meggo
4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And you are my daughter. She used to let her now 6 YO, who was 2 at the time, wash dishes.  Cringe-

I absolutely let him wash dishes!! 


(and then secretly - when he can't watch) go back and wash them again.... or just sneakily move them back to the wash pile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audrey2

I guess I was lucky. While our house wasn't a wreck, my Mom had the philosophy that 20 years from now, the kids won't remember what the house looked like, but they will remember the time they spent with Mom and the things we did. When we were around 2, we started "helping" Mom make cookies. (dumping in ingredients, then graduating to stirring, etc.) I also have happy memories of Mom playing "school" with me while she cleaned the house (set me down with old concept papers at my little table.) Mom was also the one who played with us in the yard.

Thank you, Mom. It worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coffeebean7
On 7/8/2020 at 9:48 PM, mstee said:

I think you may mean Kendra, not Abbie?  Either way, I was bummed to see Kendra forward face Garrett already. You’d think with so many kids in her family that she would know. 
In my state (Ohio) rear facing is required till a child is 2. I can’t tell you how many of my friends with kids don’t know this, though. It’s significantly safer, so you would think that it would be more popular to do. People are shocked my 2 year old who weighs 23 pounds is still rear facing. She’s a peanut and she’ll be staying that way for a while. 

*I feel like I should add I’m not one of those psycho car seat moms trolling Facebook yelling at random people about chest clip placement 😅 But I let my fellow parent friends know the facts about rear facing. 

Oops ! Yes I meant Kendra. And I’m not surprised at all sadly :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Italiangirl

So just for a recap, we have Joy pregnant and due in a month more or less, a couple of the howlers probably in a getting to know you phase almost ready to announce, nothing else? 

This season of Co is about the November babies and a little bit of COVID. 

I think we will see some kind of announcement probably pregnancy just before the end of the season and maybe a new courtship for the season finale. 

What do you think? 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

So just for a recap, we have Joy pregnant and due in a month more or less, a couple of the howlers probably in a getting to know you phase almost ready to announce, nothing else? 

You forgot Jinger is pregnant as well.

I think a couple of pregnancies could be announced around September. By bet is on Jessa and Kendra. I could see Jed or Jer announcing courtships before the end of the season. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Italiangirl
7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

You forgot Jinger is pregnant as well.

I think a couple of pregnancies could be announced around September. By bet is on Jessa and Kendra. I could see Jed or Jer announcing courtships before the end of the season. 

Oh yeah, you are right I completely removed her, don't know why 🤷‍♀️ 

I will sure put my bet on Kendra announce soon, Jessa Is kinda wild car to me I could see her announce in a couple of months but also more like at the end of the year. 

Then the new bride of the family if Jed or Jer announce a courtship in a couple of weeks. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just_ordinary

Children that age thankfully think whatever grown ups do is oh so cool. This mimicking happens in different areas though. Many young children love to “help”. My daughter (1 3/4) is obsessed with the dishwasher and loves to take plates and mugs out for me. She also loves to put the cutlery away (or rather puts more clean cutlery back in). I just make sure there are no really sharp knives around. And she is obviously not alone. I was worried about the forks or breaking but to my complete surprise she manages absolutely fine. And a broken plate or mug is not the biggest problem. Than she will learn that things break and need to be handled with care. And that you have to clean up after an accident. She also loves to load the washing machine, put the detergent in and turn it on. All of this with some assistance and often enough she is not joining me in those tasks. I don’t intend to raise a sister mum though so that’s fine. 
I could see her being really into washing up by hand (the water alone would be a big hit) but I hate it and my husband does it after her bedtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.