IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jana was home alone with Josie (and a film crew) when Boobchelle were out of town. Josie had a seizure on camera.

Yeah there was an earlier episode with just Jill and Josie.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Yeah there was an earlier episode with just Jill and Josie.

That was an earlier one, yes. Josie was still a baby; almost 1 I think. The family went to some play and Jill offered to stay home with Josie because she needed to study anyway. But Josie didn't have a seizure this time; she just slept half the time, and the other half they were playing with toys and Jill introduced Josie to the piano.

• Upvote 6

There are a million reasons why Johannah may have been absent.

Cramps, migraine, generally not feeling great, had to finish an online school assignment on deadline, had a music lesson, had committed to volunteer somewhere, hadn’t finished jurisdiction and had to stay home as punishment, had committed to babysit or help work somewhere, was visiting a friend.

We don’t see everything they do and not everything is a conspiracy.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think there were other kids and GM Mary at home during that episode. I think the kids were left with GM Mary while their parents were away. 

I'm pretty sure Deanna was there as well, or really near by, as she was there when the paramedics showed up IIRC, all the kids were home, or at least most of them, only JB & M were gone, as usual. 

On 3/3/2020 at 12:35 PM, justmy2cents said:

Pretty sure I saw Hannie in the video of the first gathering but don’t see that video now.

Johanna was at the breakfast, she was sitting between Joy and Felicity. The shopping trip was another day, because they are all wearing different clothes, Michelle, Josie, Jordyn and Johanna aren't there, but Abbie & Jill are. I'm guessing since M & the lost girls were there, Jill  the boys weren't allowed to be there, then after all the negative feed back of Jill and the boys not being allowed to spend time with the family they threw together the lunch and shopping trip. Michelle kept the little girls away from Jill & the boys, too prevent independent thought.  Jenni was probably allowed to go because Jill was her mom buddy, maybe Joy talked them into allowing her to come along because a shopping trip with her sister moms would be fun for her.   

I really do think JB & M have completely cut Jill & the boys out of the family until Jill comes "to her senses" and starts following JB rule again.  Signing Israel up for public school was probably the last straw, and the only reason she was allowed to be invited on teh girls shopping trip was because of bad press. I think the sisters loved having her there, especially Jenni.  Joy probably was too, be but I think her deep deep drunkenness in the kool-aid has her very conflicted about her sister mom.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Johanna was at the breakfast, she was sitting between Joy and Felicity. The shopping trip was another day, because they are all wearing different clothes, Michelle, Josie, Jordyn and Johanna aren't there, but Abbie & Jill are. I'm guessing since M & the lost girls were there, Jill  the boys weren't allowed to be there, then after all the negative feed back of Jill and the boys not being allowed to spend time with the family they threw together the lunch and shopping trip. Michelle kept the little girls away from Jill & the boys, too prevent independent thought.  Jenni was probably allowed to go because Jill was her mom buddy, maybe Joy talked them into allowing her to come along because a shopping trip with her sister moms would be fun for her.   

I really do think JB & M have completely cut Jill & the boys out of the family until Jill comes "to her senses" and starts following JB rule again.

Michelle hasn’t cut ties with Jill. Michelle was in the picture at the restaurant gathering on the 2nd day when Jill was there with her boys. Josie and Jordyn were there as well. They seem to be OK with her presence as long as Michelle is there. The only younger sister who stayed with the group for the shopping trip was Jenny. Looks like Michelle left with the youngest two after brunch.

now JB is another story. He hasn’t been seen with Jill and her fam in close to two years I believe.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Leave and Cleave.

The man is the family’s headship. 
The man is the head and the woman the neck. 
After marriage there is no mention of anyone’s father ruling another’s home.

JB did not live by his father’s beliefs.

JB has zero credibility here, too bad so sad.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I’m not into interpreting body language, but Michelle’s seems meaningful here. 

B73F7E50-F8A9-4827-A8B5-8B729F0FD2D6.jpeg

My take away from this was she has big boobs and didn't want to lay them on the table. As one does.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 6

• 3 months later...

Soooo, the first episode of Counting On is already up TLC and it's entitled "Duggars in Quarantine." Because apparently the producers have given up on airing shit in order. Part 1 of the summary below, since I hate myself!

Spoiler

We're at the Duggar house with all of the singles and Elijah Kaneshiro, for some reason. JB gives a canned recap of what's going on. It started in China and it seemed so far away, they all never would have thought it would have come NW AR blah, blah, blah. One of their friends had a family across the street from them all got it. The AR government has recommended limiting gatherings to 10 people or less. JB says to wash their hands and keep away from the general public. Jana comments on how AR has very little restrictions so they still have a lot of 'freedom,' unlike JinJer.

We see Benessa go to the store. Ben stays in the car with the kids while Jessa actually goes in. They just wanted to get out of the house. Jessa laments the fact that crubside pick up is completely booked and they're now out of a bunch of stuff. Henry is completely out of diapers, so he better hold it until Jessa is done at the store. JB&M are struggling because a lot of items are limit 2 per person and they can't bulk buy like usual. Jessa made mask and it's, uh, technically a mask. They're used to people being much more friendly and chatty, since they're in the South. There's been a couple of times they've gotten in arguments about who will go to the store, since they both feel like they need a break from being in the house all of the time. Jessa shows the cleaning supply selves being completely empty (I can emphasize with that). The beans are also picked over. Thankfully, she found diapers for Henry. They try not to panic buy, but there's a few times when Jessa ends up getting an extra bag of something because she's worried about not being able to get more next time.

We're now in LA with JinJer. It's been a month since they started quarantine. They wear masks and gloves when they go to the store. Jeremy's classes are all online now, he's set up an office in a guest bedroom. I don't quite understand why he didn't have an office before, since he would need to study even before all this??? We're shown a scene of Jeremy playing soccer with Lissy. Jeremy has grown to appreciate how much time Jinger puts into keep Lissy entertained. 

Back at the TTH, JB talks about how they can't really follow the gatherings of 10 or less rule because 1. their immediate family is about 30 people (there's literally no reason to have the married families over, but ok) and 2. the number of people living at the house are about 13-14 people. Johannah says she misses seeing her nieces and nephews. Since the married couples are trying social distance, they're figuring out how to do family night virtually (Anna already shown that that's a lie, lol). Jenni is shown being taught by Ben over video chat so, apparently Ben is one of the main teachers, which we kind of already knew. Michelle makes her own cleaning wipes with paper towels and vinegar, plus some other ingredients I didn't catch. Josie watches and helps wipe stuff down. Johannah is riding around on a self-balancing scooter in the house.

JAbbie time! John is working on their garden, since it's something they've been wanting to do for awhile now. Their hope is start growing some of their own produce. Abbie wishes she could help, since she's a nurse, but she decided to not go back to work because she doesn't want to endanger Gracie. 

TL;DR - Jeremy is going to school at home, the Duggars pretend to care about socially distancing, Abbie wants to return to work, but decides against it since it would put Gracie at risk.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 21

Part 2

Spoiler

Jana is setting up some 'art stuff' to entertain the girls, which is??? Making Hannie sit and watercolor with Josie is so weird, lol. Laura is also there. Josie gets in trouble for not mixing the paint with enough water, so she used too much paint and made a mess. Jana seems over this shit and more or less kicks Josie out of the art table lol. JB & M are used to homeschooling, so it's not too different in that respect. They say this as we see both Jana and Ben struggle with kids, so they're obviously very in tune with what's going on with their kids. Ben is in his last 6 weeks of school and it's been difficult, because he usually goes to a coffee shop or something to study. He's had to the lock the door to his office/the kid's bedroom.

Back with Benessa, Spurgeon gives us tour of the fort he made in the living room. They're going to have a picnic in the backyard. It's hard to explain to the kids what's going on without scaring them too much. The kids miss going over to the TTH. They built a treehouse and installed a swing in the backyard and grateful that it's a big yard. 

Quick SiRen appearance with Lauren mentioning that Bella is 6 months old and hasn't gotten to meet her great-grandparents.

Oh boy, we get to watch family night on video chat. Jed and Jer are shown seperatley from the rest of the TTH, so apparently they really are living in that house Jed has. Jason is by himself, he was doing tornado relief somewhere. Joy and Austin are also shown, so they're still taking part in the show. And none for Anna and Josh. They're doing some kind of bullshit trivia game. JoKen are within walking distance to the TTH, but they're still at home.

1. Q: Who's the 10th GranDuggar? A: Gideon. JoyStin get it wrong, Joy thought he was the 15th grandchild for some reason. Austin thinks 10 is a cool number to be. 
 2. Q: How many people should be on the soccer field at the start of a game? Or something. A: 11. Jeremy gets it right (of course), Jed or Jer says they got it wrong bc none of them watch soccer (oof). 
 3. Q: What's the largest mammal in the world? A: Blue whale. Everyone apparently got that right. There's accusations of cheating.
 4. Q: Who had the longest courtship? A: Ben & Jessa, with 11 months. Josiah does a bonus question: who had the longest engagement? A: Josiah & Lauren, 4 months.

Joy is competitive, so she doesn't like how easy JB was with giving out points. Top 4 groups are now doing the run-off round. Apparently Anna's kids (no mention of Josh, lol) are one of the top 4 groups. 

5. Q: What kind of wood was used to build Noah's ark? A: Gopher wood. They all got it right.
 6. Q: What is most kids a single reported couple had? A: 69. Ben & Jessa get it right. They win trivia and get a pack of toilet paper (or were JB & M joking? idk).

Jessa asks if anyone has an announcement. Jed announces that he's not in a relationship, Jer announces he's not pregnant.

TL;DR - Jana gets annoyed with Josie for painting wrong. Jed and Jer are living separately during this.

Edited by llg1234
Forgot to spell-check, smh
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 14

2. Shouldn't there be 22 players on the field at the start of the game? Unless each team plays with 5.5 players. BEC I know what they meant.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

How are they filming while keeping to the restrictions on the households rule?

I've watched some of the new documentary stuff coming out from the UK - they often show how they're filming.  Reporters in hospitals in PPE or sending go pros with staff intensive care (and not going in in person), interviews on front doors at 2m distance, a single camera person in the factories plus ipads drones etc

Surely in quarantine (especially in LA), full film crews shouldn't be going in the houses because they count as people in the house.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

2. Shouldn't there be 22 players on the field at the start of the game? Unless each team plays with 5.5 players. BEC I know what they meant.

My answer would have been 22 - that’s how many players need to be on the pitch for the game! 
The episodes sound really dull- especially when we know JB & M weren’t really doing the social distance thing most of the time plus they’re all off to Texas soon. 
if Ben is teaching the kids I suppose it’s better than a Duggar- he’s seems to take education seriously- but I’m sure it’s all the universe according to Gothard on the curriculum. 

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, imokit said:

How are they filming while keeping to the restrictions on the households rule?

They were filming themselves and did the talking heads via webcam. Laura was filming Jana's shitty art lesson with the lost girls and Jinger filmed Lissy playing soccer with Jeremy, for example. 

As for the soccer question, I very well could have worded it better. I didn't catch the exact wording and I didn't care rewind and listen again, I figured as long as I got the gist of it. I was pretty checked out of the episode at that point, lol.

• Upvote 8

I wonder if COVID becomes the death of reality tv. I mean if people can fi themselves and do talking head webcam — why have film crews? Why not YouTube it all?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I wonder if COVID becomes the death of reality tv. I mean if people can fi themselves and do talking head webcam — why have film crews? Why not YouTube it all?

I think it highlights that without the staged events these people are just dull. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/2/2020 at 12:35 AM, Bad Wolf said:

I think the question was: "how many players from each team"

I watched the episode in about 10 minutes, skipping over every boring part. Which was about 90% of it. I only watched when the young kids were doing 'talking heads' since I was trying to get a bit more of an idea what they are like.

And waaaaay too much JB and M here!

• Upvote 2

TLC is putting up the episodes a week before they air, which is so weird. Without further ado, here's the technical first episode of the season. Joy's miscarriage is discussed, so I put a warning before it down below. I'm using the term miscarriage rather than still-birth, because that is the term Joy herself used. 

Part 1

Spoiler

We start off at the TTH right after Grandma Mary's funeral. JinJer are starting off on their road trip to Los Angeles, where Jeremy will begin his study at the Master's Seminary. They were originally going to go from Laredo to LA, but changed plans so that they could attend the funeral. Jinger had always wanted to marry someone who lived in a big city, but never imagined she would be living in a place as big as LA. Their road trip plan is:

Springdale, AR --> Amarillo, TX --> Roswell, NM --> Las Vegas, NV --> Los Angeles, CA

Felicity has a lot of energy and they've never gone a long road trip like this, so they're a little nervous. Jinger remembers the RV trips her family would take and looks forward to seeing some of the places with Jeremy and Lissy. We seem them stop in OK for gas and a diaper change. They're hoping the diaper changes won't be too bad. Benessa tell a story about when they were driving to TX and Spurgeon threw up all over is car seat. The producer asks JinJer if they have an extra car seat in case of a blowout. Jeremy says no, they're hoping for the best.

At Benessa's house, Jessa is making breakfast. Spurgeon and Henry are close in age and get along most of the time. Henry's speech is improving. Ivy is a very chill baby. Ben is going shave off his beard. He had been growing it out for a year, but it's getting to be a pain to maintain. He shaves it all off, expect for a 'hipster mustache.' He sneaks out to the front door and acts like a stranger with a bad attempt at an Irish (?) accent to see if the boys recognize him. They don't at first and Ben shows them the video he took while shaving so that they can see it's him. 

JinJer arrive in Roswell, NM. They go to a tourist trap called Alien Zone Area 51. Lissy is very interested in fake aliens. They get some T shirts. None of the Duggars believe in aliens

JoKen are prepping for baby #2 (Addison). They got Garrett a 'big boy' car seat. He's one year old and the seat is front facing, so that's great. Kendra is 36 weeks, she thinks she will deliver before her due date. Garrett is running around a lot, which makes it hard for Kendra to keep up with him. She says he'll be 'daddy's buddy' once the new baby arrives, since she'll be busy with the baby. They try to put a new stroller together. Joe has bright idea to read the directions and realizes they need a different car seat for Addison if they want to use it with the stroller. Joe feels ready for the new baby, Kendra doesn't.

*WARNING: MISCARRIAGE*

Joy and Austin went in for a 20 week ultrasound to find out the sex. The tech points out that there wasn't a heartbeat. Joy thought the monitor was broken. When she realized what the tech was saying, she broke down crying. They had to go to the hospital and Joy was induced. Once Joy safely had the baby, Austin was relieved because he was so worried about Joy. They decided on the name after they left the hospital. Annabell was a nickname Joy had growing up, so she thought it would be sweet. They buried Annabell at Fort Rock. They planted an Oak tree near the grave and put down a gravestone. Austin talks about how counting their blessings (healthy son, happy marriage, etc) has helped them. Joy says having a mom and sisters that have gone through this has helped her a lot. Lauren said that Jessa was very supportive of her after she lost Asa, so she's trying to do the same thing for Joy. They didn't want any of the other pregnant women to feel like they had to tiptoe around them and not express happiness for their new babies. 

TL;DR - JinJer begin their road trip from NW AR to LA, Ben shaves his beard and has a mustache for a couple of days, JoKen don't care about car seat safety, Joy and Austin discuss their loss.

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 17

Part 2 (the episode is entitled "La La Land" btw)

Spoiler

JinJer arrive in Las Vegas and only have 2 days left of their trip. Jinger has been to Las Vegas (not the strip, but they did visit the Hoover Dam), Jeremy hasn't. They Duggars don't gamble. Elvis Presley is discussed. Some of them do an Elvis impression. Kendra doesn't know who he is. Jeremy is going to do the Sky Jump. Jinger said there is no way she would do it. She's going to be at the landing pad waiting for him. Jeremy is nervous/terrified, but he does the jump. He seems to have a lot of fun doing it. I'm jealous, I would totally do that.

Abbie is 16 weeks pregnant and they found out the sex of the baby, so they're having a reveal party. Flight is John and Abbie's 'signature thing,' so of course the party is aviation themed. Holy shit, this reveal is complicated. They give out boarding passes (you get a pink one if you think it's a girl, a blue one if you think it's a boy). The pass has 4 numbers. Jeremiah is going to fly the plane over 3 times. The first time will reveal 2 numbers, the next flyover will reveal a third number which will leave only two people left (one with a pink ticket, one with a blue). The final pass will reveal the final number, which will also reveal the sex. The pass over has the numbers 8 & 2 on the underside of the wings. Half of the group is eliminated. Next pass shows a number 7 on one side of the plane. Only Cheryl and Carinna (Abbie's mom & sister) are left. Final pass shows a number 3 on the other side of the plane. The baby is a girl. Abbie's a girly girl, so she's excited to dress up her baby in frills.

JinJer arrive in LA after traveling for 5 days.

TL;DR - Jeremy jumps off a building in Las Vegas, JAbbie have the most convoluted sex reveal that I've ever seen, JinJer arrive in LA safely.

Later this season: Joy is pregnant again/sex reveal, ugly sweater Christmas party, Christmas pageant performance (legit looks like something out of 1XK&C), Jinger's miscarriage

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

I cant help but think how sweet Annabell's name is now that I know the reason behind it. What a lovely name for an angel baby and a way to always have her connected to you. I still keep wanting to add an 'e' to the end but not so much now that i know it is a family (nic) name. 

• Upvote 17

Kendra doesn’t know who Elvis is?? I know these SOTDRT kids are sheltered but that’s just a whole new step to undereducated. I’m not a huge fan of him or anything but I just took for granted that most Americans would know who he is.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

this is a freaking boring covid edition of the duggars 

michelle loves the fact that everyone can homeschool 

where is the wicked witch sound 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

If I was at that gender reveal I would have lost interest after they gave out the directions ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic