IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Coconut Flan

On 12/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Was just watching the clip posted on the Counting On Facebook page of James and Jenny making the smash cake with Lauren Caldwell for Garrett's birthday. Lauren and James seemed close... I will be shocked if she doesn't court a Duggar.

I was *super* shocked to see this video - CO loves to vaguely hint about relationships (as JB&M did at the end of the finale episode) but I don't think they've ever done something so direct, even in one of the online "featurettes". I can't imagine that they'd show a Duggling on basically their equivalent of a date, if James/Lauren turns out to be nothing........I know TLC and the Duggars are always down with a cheap shot for publicity, but this seems a bit pointed even so. 

Back earlier this year when the did the Howler's road trip episode, all the sibs guessed Jason would be the next to court (or Jana)....so idk that James/Lauren will be the very next courtship we see, but they've got to be at least "hanging out"....lol. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

Hey y’all! Returning after 2 or 3 years of self-imposed exile (I was going through some emotional stuff and life changes, etc). 

Welcome back, @OrchidBlossom - I hope you had a lot of support during that time, and are doing well.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, libgirl2 said:

They have been stunted emotionally into not showing feelings, whether its verbally or physically. 

I wonder, too, if it isn't doubly taboo for boys and men. (And I agree with the previous poster who said it indicates some depth to Joe that he still emotes despite admonitions to the contrary.)

On 12/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, minniestwin said:

LOL, I have never heard that, we've got a lot of people and land here not quite that many; and as a regular nominee for murder capital of Florida we already have enough issues the Duggars can stay far, far away.  

My hometown! Won't ever live there again, if I can help it, but I do still appreciate a lot of things about Jax.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:29 AM, TheRadleyPorch said:

I'm pretty much atheist with a little glimmer of agnostic in there, but most of the time I think there is no form of consciousness after death. I'm not happy about that, I'm just usually not able to convince myself otherwise. 

Right there with you, @TheRadleyPorch; there are times when I wish I could believe in an afterlife with loved ones, but as an agnostic atheist I can't.  :hug:

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

As an alum of Washington State University, I appreciate Gardner Minshew II and his mustache.  Two of the best things (in my opinion) to happen to Jacksonville recently.

• Upvote 2

Anyone else notice that the Official Fan page has had nothing but Happy Birthday to the kid of the day?   Everyone is very quiet about their daily lives.   Are they pretty much keeping a low profile as they wait for the SCANDAL Du JOUR ?

Something is up.   (Probably Jimboob's blood pressure)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Anyone else notice that the Official Fan page has had nothing but Happy Birthday to the kid of the day?   Everyone is very quiet about their daily lives.   Are they pretty much keeping a low profile as they wait for the SCANDAL Du JOUR ?

Something is up.   (Probably Jimboob's blood pressure)

Maybe they are trying to negotiate another season and TLC make the valid point that their lives are dull enough without them airing everything on social media 6 months before the show airs!  Or maybe they are just that boring? Jana’s latest Instagram post is her nail polish. I suppose it makes a change from the endless cups of coffee pictures, speaking of which- given they all love their coffee why don’t they have reusable cups? I assume US is the same as UK and they charge less if you bring your own cup?

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I assume US is the same as UK and they charge less if you bring your own cup?

No, that’s not true. Some places might sell you a refillable mug, but you wouldn’t be able to use it elsewhere. In general, they would want to dictate your serving size by providing the cup.

I was in the UK once at some self-service restaurant, and because there was a crowd around the coffee but the cashier was free, I put a cup on my tray, paid, and then went back to get coffee. The cashier saw me and freaked out. It was a teacup, not a coffee mug, and coffee cost more, so she thought I was cheating instead of a confused foreigner.

• Rufus Bless 1

I’m in the UK and use a refillable cup all the time- I just say what size of drink I want. Most places give around 25p discount, some more.

• Upvote 5

I'm in Germany. We use reuseable cups, but no one cares if they are a specific cup/size. Unless you buuy filter coffee, the machine dictates the amount of coffee, and they measure the milk. So, sometimes I have a large cup which gets a standard cappuccino. Sometimes my massive cup I bought in the UK cos it was cute - medium size is 2/3 full, or I buy a Large or even an espresso in that cup. There's no reason to reject a reuseable cup for any type of coffee apart from filter, as all the water and milk quantities are basically fixed . 

Naturally, despite my impressive collection of reuseable cups, at least one time out of four, I find myself needing another cup. My collection is growing rapidly, lol. We  get between 10-50c off for using a reuseable cup. Less in the smaller coffee/bakeries, more in the big chains. I do not disciminate much - we live opposite a bio cafe, 10c off 3.50 is not much, but they are eco farmers. Sometimes I go to a cheap chain place, 50c off 2.00... Still really good coffee though. I do try to time my coffee crashes to coincide with the small independent places, but if I'm  really grumpy, that 50c cheers me up a bit, lol.

• Upvote 2

Starbucks does give you a 10cent discount on brewed coffee if you bring your own cup.  

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 3

On 12/22/2019 at 5:27 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I was *super* shocked to see this video - CO loves to vaguely hint about relationships (as JB&M did at the end of the finale episode) but I don't think they've ever done something so direct, even in one of the online "featurettes". I can't imagine that they'd show a Duggling on basically their equivalent of a date, if James/Lauren turns out to be nothing........I know TLC and the Duggars are always down with a cheap shot for publicity, but this seems a bit pointed even so. 

Back earlier this year when the did the Howler's road trip episode, all the sibs guessed Jason would be the next to court (or Jana)....so idk that James/Lauren will be the very next courtship we see, but they've got to be at least "hanging out"....lol. 

I refuse to accept James/Lauren because James should get together with Lily Swanson to make a James/Lilly Potter pairing.

Now I just sound like a shipping fangirl ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Lily Swanson has actual ambitions, so I sincerely hope she doesn’t end up with any Duggar (unless it’s like ten years from now and said Duggar has broken from the cult). 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

Beginning in January, the to go coffee shops and places like McDonalds in my county, will charge a surcharge for a disposable cup, no matter the size. We are a very environmentally conscious, progressive area in CA. Just like with the plastic bags, this will save the businesses a great deal of money and the environment even more. I don’t often buy to go food or drinks, but I’m all for this!

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Beginning in January, the to go coffee shops and places like McDonalds in my county, will charge a surcharge for a disposable cup, no matter the size. We are a very environmentally conscious, progressive area in CA. Just like with the plastic bags, this will save the businesses a great deal of money and the environment even more. I don’t often buy to go food or drinks, but I’m all for this!

And I believe most coffee shops in this part of California have given a discount for bringing your own mug for years. I am mixed on the bags, and having to pay for the paper bags too - most people I know repurpose them as trash bags.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Hey so I'm finally catching up on CO now that I have downtime and it's on dailymotion. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but did Lauren really say she miscarried at 5 to 6 weeks??????

So she announced her pregnancy prior to 5/6 weeks to everyone, then had a miscarriage? I absolutely don't want to downplay anyone's miscarriage experience (I had one around this time frame, too) but that is extremely, extremely common. So common that women don't even always know they are pregnant when it happens. I read a statistic somewhere (don't know how reputable it is, so bear that in mind) that 50-60% of all first pregnancies are chemical pregnancies/early miscarriages.

I get that everyone processes grief differently, and I respect that, but...I mean, come on Lauren. Come the fuck on. This girl is seriously equating her 5-6 week chemical pregnancy to Joy's late term miscarriage/stillbirth? She's including a cake for a chemical pregnancy at a baby shower that Joy attended? 

I just...I mean, I'm not the only one that feels this way, right? 

Jesus Christ, what a spoiled little drama queen. She acts like she's the only person to ever have a 6 week miscarriage. 

• Upvote 10
  • Move Along 6

50 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Speaking of coffee and food/drinks, it already is the night before Christmas here. Who wants to join in for some snacks? :)

Yes please! That looks delicious ?! Our household has come down with a respiratory virus so we are having to miss the traditional Christmas Eve and day that we normally spend with our family :( Boo. 

Edited by JesSky03
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 4

On 12/17/2019 at 11:39 PM, Anna Bolinas said:

I remember someone either here or on Reddit compared that photoshoot to the movie Midsommar. They definitely weren't wrong.

Hide contents

Now if only Anna would do to Josh what Dani does to Christian...........I'm half-kidding.

My usually very placid boyfriend asked me about Midsommar this weekend, and as I detailed the plot in more depth (at his request), it really was quite delightful to see his face contort with disbelief as he cried out things like “WHY???!!” and “THE FUCK???!!” and “WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE A MOVIE LIKE THIS???“ I thought he might crash the car, when I told him about the bear. ?

Edited by justodd
  • Haha 2

I work for Taco Bell and some customers who have ordered meals have asked to use their own cup with the drinks machine, ours are self service and free refills so I let them do it. We no longer have a hot drinks machine but we let people use their own cups as well but didn't have a discount for it, the hot drinks were never a big seller so our franchise owner scrapped them. 

My University now charges you 25p for hot drinks cups and if you bring your own food and want disposable cutlery you need to pay for it, stainless steel cutlery is free to use. I agree with both points work working in fast food and seeing the amount of waste disposables produce charging has made people bring their own cups and cutlery. They have decided to phase out bottled water too as they have a lot of water fountains now. 

• Upvote 6

I've been using my large keepcup for bubble tea and frozen cokes for the past two years. But last time I went, mcdonalds said they wont be doing that anymore :(

On 12/24/2019 at 1:11 PM, JesSky03 said:

Yes please! That looks delicious ?! Our household has come down with a respiratory virus so we are having to miss the traditional Christmas Eve and day that we normally spend with our family :( Boo. 

I've missed out on all the Christmas festivities with a virus, slept through about 80%. still feel like I could go back to bed and just might do that, thankfully I still have tomorrow off. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

On 12/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, justodd said:

My usually very placid boyfriend asked me about Midsommar this weekend, and as I detailed the plot in more depth (at his request), it really was quite delightful to see his face contort with disbelief as he cried out things like “WHY???!!” and “THE FUCK???!!” and “WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE A MOVIE LIKE THIS???“ I thought he might crash the car, when I told him about the bear. ?

It was a mistake looking up Midsommar. I don’t do well with horror so now I have nightmare material for days...

• I Agree 1

On 12/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, justodd said:

Everyone who came out of the theater I saw it in was basically saying the same thing lol. Placing further spoilers under the cut.

Spoiler

I went to see it with my dad, and at the part where Mya puts her pubic hair in Christian's drink, well...you can imagine how I felt lol.

• Haha 5

I didn't find Midsomar scary. Weird, creepy, with a few "yikes" moments. But not terribly scary.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 12/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, Idlewild said:

Maybe they are trying to negotiate another season and TLC make the valid point that their lives are dull enough without them airing everything on social media 6 months before the show airs!  Or maybe they are just that boring? Jana’s latest Instagram post is her nail polish. I suppose it makes a change from the endless cups of coffee pictures, speaking of which- given they all love their coffee why don’t they have reusable cups? I assume US is the same as UK and they charge less if you bring your own cup?

I don't know about the coffee cups.   I make my coffee at home.  LOL   

But seriously, I do believe they are keeping a low profile for a reason.   The posting on line is usually a tease for what they will show on TV

• Coconut Flan locked this topic