IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

32 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

He looks annoyed to me, like she interrupted him.

I think that's a very astute observation.  As the next to youngest, he's probably not used to having to deal with her shit very often.  Except when she wants to post a picture to get likes.

I don't know if her calling the new twins "instagram props" was a dig at us or just her telling the truth for a change.  

Edited by danvillebelle
riffles
  • Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

That picture of Honor is so weird! Most 2 year olds I’ve known would be absolutely delighted to show someone else how they pushed the chair in and accessed the forbidden sink. He looks annoyed to me, like she interrupted him. He certainly isn’t guilty, because he’s 2.  He might be scared or wary of punishment, but I think that guilt implies a level of self awareness that toddlers just don’t have.

If I saw a 2 year old who’d done that, I’d congratulate him on the hard work it took to push the chair all that way. I’d say something like “Wow, you really like water! You really want to play with the taps so badly, and you found a way to get to them! Good for you! But we don’t do water play alone. I will set you up with a bucket on the porch /you can play in the tub after dinner / you clearly love water a lot so I will find a way that you can access it safely and more often.”

Then I’d put a gate across the bathroom or a child lock on the door or otherwise bar the kids access. Not that hard. Sheesh.

I find it an interesting that the little boy’s clothing blends so well with the bathroom color scheme. Don’t 2 year olds usually wear things like Paw Patrol T-shirts when they are just hanging around at home? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, pupper said:

I find it an interesting that the little boy’s clothing blends so well with the bathroom color scheme. Don’t 2 year olds usually wear things like Paw Patrol T-shirts when they are just hanging around at home? 

I’ve literally never seen a character shirt on any of her kids. That’s way too tacky for Braggie. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, anachronistic said:

If I saw a 2 year old who’d done that, I’d congratulate him on the hard work it took to push the chair all that way. I’d say something like “Wow, you really like water! You really want to play with the taps so badly, and you found a way to get to them! Good for you! But we don’t do water play alone. I will set you up with a bucket on the porch /you can play in the tub after dinner / you clearly love water a lot so I will find a way that you can access it safely and more often.”

Then I’d put a gate across the bathroom or a child lock on the door or otherwise bar the kids access. Not that hard. Sheesh.

Ah, but a baby gate would be tacky and closing doors?  That might be bad, too.

However, you sound like a normal person who would want to encourage a child to play safely and are not obsessed with having an Instagram worthy post.  I could even imagine Braggie setting that up, just as a photo op.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I don't know if her calling the new twins "instagram props" was a dig at us or just her telling the truth for a change. 

Yikes. I missed this. Where did she say it? 

Dollars to donuts an older sibling had been tasked with watching Honor when that incident happened. Either that or one of the kids left the door open. I really don’t think that Abbie or Shaun believe that child watching is their purview. 

I think the biggest thing that the mega breeders on a whole are missing is common sense. ALL of these folks rely on the help of others, mainly their oldest children, to meet every day needs. WHY? Because 2 people can not meet the individual and varied needs of large numbers of dependent children. It’s not possible for anyone...they are neither special nor extraordinary, but rather users who rely on others to meet/cover the voids. It is so irresponsible, Immature and self centered. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

so irresponsible, Immature and self centered. 

Braggie to a T.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

15 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Yikes. I missed this. Where did she say it? 

I saw it in a quote that someone posted here.

• Thank You 1

On 4/19/2020 at 2:22 AM, Hane said:

@anachronistic, you are spot on! Even the most harried mothers I know take joy in the things their kids learn and the cute things they do. Braggie’s all, “Look at me—a Christian Martyr Mother with an army of kids!”

And, yeah, Braggie—everyone has heard of birth control failure—because people tend not to share their stories about how well it works most of the time.

Birt control success story: I have been using the pill and then Nuvaring for over 12 years now, and not a single pregnancy scare in all that time.

On the other hand, I would be terribly distraught when we finally do try to have a baby, and I were to find out I can't have children. But, until then, I'll just assume that my birth control is working perfectly.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I saw it in a quote that someone posted here.

Just to clear it up for posterity: @TuringMachine's quote about the twins as "instagram props" was (amazing, imo) satire! A look at how Braggie will be spinning this in the future.

• Thank You 6

15 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Just to clear it up for posterity: @TuringMachine's quote about the twins as "instagram props" was (amazing, imo) satire! A look at how Braggie will be spinning this in the future.

Mea culpa!  She really is great, in skimming it I thought it was really Braggie! 

• Upvote 4

Okay but if you hate this SO MUCH and you’re not opposed to “spacing pregnancies” why not just..... keep spacing and figure God will get you knocked up if you’re supposed to be pregnant? Happened this time, didn’t it?
48f794d562608833932a634e2cdf6aea.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Mea culpa!  She really is great, in skimming it I thought it was really Braggie! 

Same. She really nailed the style! And included one of my absolute Insta-mom hates, which is calling your child “rad”. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve literally never seen a character shirt on any of her kids. That’s way too tacky for Braggie. 

(BEC) I think that she dresses her kids in a dull style, ugly colours and the clothes look often cheap and ill fitted. Probably because she buys online and cannot try the outfits (and she has no time or energy to change the items). 

It's a matter of taste. But IMO she dresses the kids to match the house decor. And it's a bad idea.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

(BEC) I think that she dresses her kids in a dull style, ugly colours and the clothes look often cheap and ill fitted. Probably because she buys online and cannot try the outfits (and she has no time or energy to change the items). 

It's a matter of taste. But IMO she dresses the kids to match the house decor. And it's a bad idea.

I would put my boys in some of the clothing she puts on her boys. However I do agree that some of the clothing is pretty worn out and I’ll fitting at times. The girls seem to dress better than the boys. I imagine she enjoys buying the girls cute clothing to match her and the boys just throw on whatever goes with her outfit of the day. I guess she’s like Jill Rod in that way. She has to look the best and the kids just have to throw on whatever mama thinks will match. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would put my boys in some of the clothing she puts on her boys.  

Sure. It's neutral enough that I can see that. But dressing that way day in and day out would be so. fucking. booooring. I'm not a label or trend person but I do see clothes as self expression, especially for children who are learning about and discovering themselves. Making choices for their own bodies is important and one of the easiest ways to practice that is through clothing choices. It may mean that they choose to wear a dino shirt with a tutu and butterfly wings, two different shoes, and a spiderman hood but so what? What other time in their lives (besides college) will it be appropriate to do so? Abbie's incessant need for control and aesthetic overrides her children's personal wants and I think that's pitifully sad.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 9

33 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

clothes as self expression, especially for children who are learning about and discovering themselves. Making choices for their own bodies is important

Now stop that @SuperNova,   :cracking-up: That's just crazy talk. You funny, girl.

There is no effing way Braggie will ever allow her children to learn about and express themselves.  There is absolutely no way Braggie will ever, ever, ever allow her children to make choices for their own bodies, Or anything else. 

Those children will do what they are told -- instantly and smiling. They will have servants' hearts or else.  They will serve Braggie all the days of their lives. Because Jeebus forbid Braggie allow someone else to have center stage, or even side stage. for a nano second.

No No No. Nope. Never gonna happen. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 4/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, danvillebelle said:

18 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

Same. She really nailed the style! And included one of my absolute Insta-mom hates, which is calling your child “rad”. 

Haha thank you, thank you. I did my best to capture her over dramatic story telling. And of course it wouldn't be a Braggie post without calling the kids "rad" (or adding a note in parentheses).

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Today’s IG...OMG. Reading her schizel almost makes me wonder if she has any idea of biology; how and why one gets pregnant. As much as I hate this term, but in Abbie’s case it really IS applicable, if you don’t want to get pregnant and refuse to use BC, maybe you should just “keep your legs closed.” Are the end results REALLY worth it? Listening to /reading Abbie’s words, I’d say no!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Today’s IG...OMG. Reading her schizel almost makes me wonder if she has any idea of biology

She actually has three pictures of herself so she can show what she looks like when she sticks her stomach out. Sure, she hates being pregnant but she's a whore for the attention.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She actually has three pictures of herself so she can show what she looks like when she sticks her stomach out. Sure, she hates being pregnant but she's a whore for the attention.  

I think she also loves when people tell her how small her bump is. 

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

On 4/18/2020 at 9:44 PM, Ozlsn said:

And she reflects that love on to them by showing how loved and wanted they are... oh wait.

If Shaun reads this, well, there are things within his control.

Zeal and Zephyr? Zabdiel? Zebedee?

Or would she go more Zeal and Ardor? Or Yakob and Zeal?

I keep reading it as seal, which isn't helping.

Zuul!

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she also loves when people tell her how small her bump is. 

Exactly. And there was some not-so-low-key bragging on how it was indulging on date night that might make her pants not fit...the inference being 'Look at me, I'm still thin and I'm pregnant with twins'. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

So she leaves a 13 YO alone and in charge of 7 other minors ( one a recently turned 1YO) + responsible for cooking dinner, weekly, so she can hang out with Shaun and break bread? Is this even legal? Where is the closest neighbor? Fire Dept? Again, irresponsible and in-freaking-sane.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic