IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

Does anyone think it’s quite possible that she might have a pregnancy fetish? As insane as that sounds, pregnancy and impregnation fetishes exist and a lot of it has to do with power/control dynamics. She always says she hates being pregnant.

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She seems to leg hump that Jenny what’s her name with 12 kids who all get to have real college educations if they want. Therefore I think she will allow college. But on her rules. 

She is the Flanders family’s fan girl. She is obsessed with Jenny.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

Abbie is having identical twin boys. 

Spoiler

D2866C32-657A-4982-B22F-40DF10607ABC.thumb.jpeg.24d8b6ea28e28c077125338d556158c8.jpeg

Spoiler

841AE559-A52A-4496-A79C-14559BE8F453.thumb.jpeg.d37db183e9d9ea274306215c74ec3659.jpeg

Edited by DancingPhalanges
Add pix
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 8

And she spent much of the blog posting talking about how she wanted a girl. And was sad and cried when the test came back “male.” But! Then it was twins so she might get a girl! Alas, hopes dashed, identical twins.
Whew, Abbie, tell us all about how disappointed you are in these kids before they’re even born.

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 2

42 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Abbie is having identical twin boys. 

Ugh. I feel bad for those babies. Every time she talks about Evy and Nola, she talks about how she never, ever wanted twins. And she's getting another set. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

This is baby #9 and 10... She's having twins. My goodness. In her blog, she actually admits feeling upset that it wasn't a girl and disappointed about it being twins. I feel so bad for her kids.

Braggie has mentioned having PPD after the twins... I'm concerned she's going to get it again and not seek psychological help. She wouldn't seek psych help for her trich either. She will have 3 under 3...I feel so sad all of her other kids...

Also, her long-winded blog post describing, in detail, with her obsession for a girl is a bit disturbing given that she already has 3 girls...
BTW, she admits to deliberately spacing her pregnancies. Quiverfull my ass. She's thirsty for attention. 

She brags about having identical twins again since it's rare to have multiple identical twin pregnancies:

The odds of that are 1 in 23,000,000. (Hence the blog post title) Quick, somebody study me! Ha. Ha.

She is the most vain and narcissistic person on the entire planet aside from Trump...

Here is a link to her blog post: http://misformama.net/2020/04/1-in-23-million.html

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7

This is basically the worst news possible. These twins are going to make the home lives of all the children and Shaun so much worse. No wonder Shaun didn’t look happy in the announcement. This should really make Shaun think about a secret snip. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

I see it now:

Let me tell you, after three boys in a row I was ready for a GIRL y'all. Double so when it turned out that, despite our preventative measures, we were having what we thought was #9 a whole four months ahead of schedule, throwing a wrench in our grand European adventure.  (yes we are leaving our total number up to god but that doesn't mean we can't have a say in spacing ?).  I'll let you imagine what my face looked like when we found out we were adding not just one, but TWO more little boys our crew.

Yeah, my jaw DROPPED. But isn't it great how Jesus gives us what we need instead of what we want? Because let me tell you these two rad humans are the two cutest, most squishy, cuddly, sanctifying little dudes we could have asked for.

Anyway happy 1st birthday instagram props #9 #10. We love you!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

If she’s deliberately spacing, she’s absolutely NOT leaving her total up to god. That is an outright lie and I can’t believe her humpers don’t see that. The longer the spacing, the less total overall. You don’t even have to have a genius IQ to understand that. God she’s the worst. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

What the hell, just when I thought her announcement couldn't get worse. She's having twins?! 2020 shame on you. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she’s deliberately spacing, she’s absolutely NOT leaving her total up to god. That is an outright lie and I can’t believe her humpers don’t see that. The longer the spacing, the less total overall. You don’t even have to have a genius IQ to understand that. God she’s the worst. 

Exactly. She admitted it in her blog post announcing she’s expecting twins. She is not Quiverfull. She’s obsessed with attention.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I hate how open she is about how unwanted these twin boys are. You know what? I don’t want twins either. But my husband had a vasectomy because I don’t want any more kids. So I won’t have future kids who find out how very unwanted they are. She had a 50/50 chance she would have a boy. Why the fuck is she so open about not wanting them? These kids will see this one day. All of her kids will see one day when they were unwanted or caused their mother misery due to their genitals or 3 year old natural stubbornness. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I just cannot and never will understand how someone like her can have so many healthy children, and two sets of twins!, while other loving couples struggle with infertility. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish infertility on anyone, not even Braggie. Some things just don't....make sense.

That is also why I hate it when fundies refer to children as 'blessings'; such an arrogant idea that God chose to bless you and chose not to bless others on purpose. It is just a matter of luck.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Just now, Timetraveler said:

That is also why I hate it when fundies refer to children as 'blessings'; such an arrogant idea that God chose to bless you and chose not to bless others on purpose. It is just a matter of luck.

Braggie absolutely believes her children are a reflection of how much Jesus loves her more than everyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

So she finally takes the time to make a blog post. She blathers on and on about hating pregnancy/carrying twins/not wanting boys. If god loves Abbie soooo much, why does he keep giving her exactly what she doesn't want? 

From any other woman I would expect a thoughtfully written blog post. Maybe some self reflection and thoughts about previous pregnancies, what it was like to tell the children, the conversation with Shaun about being parents to another set of twins and how he feels. It would have been refreshing if she was honest and shared her obvious fear.

There was exactly zero depth. Abbie seems most excited about being able to get to 10 kids faster. 

"I will have an even 10 (TEN!) kids in no time flat."

"I", not "we".

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I bet these boys will have names that go well together because she will treat them like one unit. We know this because she already treats her twin daughters as a unit. She said they already picked out the names.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet these boys will have names that go well together because she will treat them like one unit. We know this because she already treats her twin daughters as a unit. She said they already picked out the names.

Anything is better than Shiloh. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

Anything is better than Shiloh. 

Don’t jinx it. She might come up with something awful like Spurgeon. 

Although I think she will go with something like Phineas and Gideon. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t jinx it. She might come up with something awful like Spurgeon. 

Although I think she will go with something like Phineas and Gideon. 

You mean Finn and Gid? Can't be Abbie's kid without a nickname. Also, I call bullshit on her and Shaun picking names together because you could totally tell that he hated the name Shiloh. But she had to have it because it made a fun hashtag #itsashilohbration

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

You mean Finn and Gid? Can't be Abbie's kid without a nickname. Also, I call bullshit on her and Shaun picking names together because you could totally tell that he hated the name Shiloh. But she had to have it because it made a fun hashtag #itsashilohbration

#Phin&Giddy

I named our boys. But one is named after my husband (not like he’s going to veto his own name) and the other has my father-in-law’s name as a middle name. So there wasn’t much for him to veto! Although if he hated either name, I wouldn’t have used them. I care about my husband’s opinion and he thought my name choices were great. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

#Phin&Giddy

I named our boys. But one is named after my husband (not like he’s going to veto his own name) and the other has my father-in-law’s name as a middle name. So there wasn’t much for him to veto! Although if he hated either name, I wouldn’t have used them. I care about my husband’s opinion and he thought my name choices were great. 

Ok, that's a normal non-narcissistic approach to naming kids. You throw out ideas and the other person can veto. Which reminds me, why isn't there a Shaun Jr.? 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

Ok, that's a normal non-narcissistic approach to naming kids. You throw out ideas and the other person can veto. Which reminds me, why isn't there a Shaun Jr.? 

He only vetoed one name and it was a girl name. I have no idea why he hates it so much. I think it’s a perfectly fine name. It’s not like it’s Heistheway.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He only vetoed one name and it was a girl name. I have no idea why he hates it so much. I think it’s a perfectly fine name. It’s not like it’s Heistheway.

That reminds me of the saying, I never realized how many people I hated until I had to pick a baby name. 

My ex didn't care what I named our kid. She wasn't a boy so it didn't matter to him. I was 16 so I ran through all kinds of dumb names before picking one. This might sound odd but I chose a classic name based on name meaning and harmonious vowel sounds. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

If she's deliberating spacing, then she's doing something in order not to get pregnant every year. Which is sooooo not leaving it all up to God.  Since Braggie seems pretty darn fertile, she probably would be pregnant every year if they weren't doing something.

I just cannot with this selfish, self involved, tone deaf woman -- #s 9 and !0 are still in utero and she's telling the world she's ticked off and very disappointed  that they are 1) boys,  2) twins, and 3) she's pregnant.  She's 3 for 3 in the  "Things Braggie Really Really Doesn't Want" sweepstakes. She's got at least 5 months to complain about this latest pregnancy and then 18 years to complain about the actual children.  It's always All. About. Braggie.

Should we start a name poll? There is already an Honor  -- what about Integrity and Courage [shades of Doug Philllps (who is a tool)]

Anyone think that this latest pregnancy might be the tipping point for "Shaun's Vasectomy" (tm)? He looks beyond stunned in the announcement insta.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

From any other woman I would expect a thoughtfully written blog post. Maybe some self reflection and thoughts about previous pregnancies, what it was like to tell the children, the conversation with Shaun about being parents to another set of twins and how he feels. It would have been refreshing if she was honest and shared her obvious fear.

There was exactly zero depth. Abbie seems most excited about being able to get to 10 kids faster. 

"I will have an even 10 (TEN!) kids in no time flat."

"I", not "we".

It's all a game to Braggie. 

She talks about spacing her kids:

Now, as most of you know, we rely heavily on the Lord’s guidance for the number of children he has for us. (Hence: 8). But I’ve also never made a secret of the fact that we aren’t opposed to some spacing techniques. And so, we were practicing those in hopes of not getting pregnant until after Europe.

I felt pretty confident we’d be fine. The twins are well over two years older than Theo (our 6th), who is a little over 2 years older than Honor, and Honor is, likewise, over 2 years older than Shiloh (our 8th little love). We weren’t even “due” for pregnancy for another 4 months at least, extra precautions or not.

But here’s the thing, folks: if the Lord thinks it’s time for you to be pregnant, your opinion about the optimal timing does not really matter (just ask my friends who’ve gotten pregnant while on the Pill).

And so, despite the timing being less than ideal (in our minds) and the circumstances seeming a tad outlandish (I’ll spare you my actual fertility schedule, but let’s just say I wasn’t “supposed” to get pregnant when I did), there I was, fighting nausea at Shaun’s 40th birthday party on Feb. 1 well ahead of “schedule.”

I would love to tell you that I immediately surrendered to the Lord’s will with joy and thanksgiving. But that’s just not true. I cried. Not because of the baby. (I love babies). But because of the pregnancy (which I do not love) and the timing of it, which just seemed so unfortunate.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic