IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So she leaves a 13 YO alone and in charge of 7 other minors ( one a recently turned 1YO) + responsible for cooking dinner, weekly, so she can hang out with Shaun and break bread? Is this even legal? Where is the closest neighbor? Fire Dept? Again, irresponsible and in-freaking-sane.

Yeah it’s legal. It’s just not a good idea in my opinion. But Ezra is so parentified by now, he probably looks after them better than Braggie. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah it’s legal. It’s just not a good idea in my opinion. But Ezra is so parentified by now, he probably looks after them better than Braggie. 

Ezra is far more of an active parent than Braggie. 

• Upvote 7

The one good thing about quarantine life is the fact that Abbie’s parents aren’t co-parenting, daily, with them. No mama help, no gym escape or extra money must make Abbie extra Persnickety ( + being PG). Once those twins get here, they will almost meet some states’ maximum number of children allowed in a daycare situation! 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The one good thing about quarantine life is the fact that Abbie’s parents aren’t co-parenting, daily, with them. No mama help, no gym escape or extra money must make Abbie extra Persnickety ( + being PG). Once those twins get here, they will almost meet some states’ maximum number of children allowed in a daycare situation! 

True. She has less help from her mother, the gym daycare, and co-op. But she has more help from Shaun and she now doesn’t have to teach any classes while pregnant. I think she doesn’t like teaching exercise classes while pregnant with twins. Plus Ezra, Simon, and Della are probably doing a lot more babysitting. So her life is likely to still be easy. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

True. She has less help from her mother, the gym daycare, and co-op. But she has more help from Shaun and she now doesn’t have to teach any classes while pregnant. I think she doesn’t like teaching exercise classes while pregnant with twins. Plus Ezra, Simon, and Della are probably doing a lot more babysitting. So her life is likely to still be easy. 

Being pregnant gives her the perfect out. Any time she doesn't feel like doing something she can just whine about her round ligament pain or whatever it is thats she's crying about today.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Actually, I believe Braggie LIVES to teach her 5 AM exercise classes. She’s a classic narcissist that thrives off of garnering the attention, with a big pregnant belly, of being a mom of 8+ kids yet still teaching pilates at the crack of dawn. She lives for “How do you do it all?” comments. She admits that she LOVES to shock people by saying, “I like my kids!”. The supply of attention gets her out of bed.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 13
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Actually, I believe Braggie LIVES to teach her 5 AM exercise classes. She’s a classic narcissist that thrives off of garnering the attention, with a big pregnant belly, of being a mom of 8+ kids yet still teaching pilates at the crack of dawn. She lives for “How do you do it all?” comments. She admits that she LOVES to shock people by saying, “I like my kids!”.

I think she loves to constantly brag about it. But I imagine she secretly hates how hard it is to do while pregnant. The pandemic is a convenient excuse. 

• Upvote 6

From age five and up, the kids all make their own breakfast and lunch. Ezra, Simón and her mother (preC-19) make many of the dinners. She admits to being a slob, belittles her kids, her mother does her gardening and much of the homeschooling, which leaves AH a whole lot of time to herself. She has a great deal of time to shop, wallpaper the appliances, workout and primp and preen in her bathroom selfies!

• Upvote 8

I’m going to suggest that her ‘I got pregnant when it should have been impossible’ claim is likely b.s. I’ve often seen this claim from a) women practicing FAM who can’t admit they took a risk and b) religious women practicing NFP trying to prove that their pregnancy is a miracle because it couldn’t possibly have happened without God’s intervention.

If you’re truly doing FAM and following all the rules and you have unprotected sex in the second half of your cycle after waiting the appropriate amount of time post-ovulation, it’s basically impossible to get pregnant because there is no egg there to fertilize and any sperm will not live long enough for an egg to show up.

What I’ve found is that a lot, and I mean A LOT of women who use FAM have unprotected sex during the first half of their cycle because in previous cycles they have not ovulated till Day X and they assume that as long as they have sex 5-7 days before that, they’re safe. For a lot of women this works just fine, but the problem is that it only takes one time where you ovulate early, which is impossible to predict beforehand, and then boom, you’re pregnant. I used to be part of a huge FAM community where women discussed the method and shared their charts, and aside from those who knowingly took risks, these were the most common ‘oops’ pregnancies I saw. I never once encountered a case where a woman had charted correctly and got pregnant in the second half of her cycle when it should have been impossible. 

Also, a shocking number of women use withdrawal as their only form of protection during their fertile times (and are predictably mystified when it fails).

• Upvote 11

I think what bugs me the most about Braggie (besides being a shallow, self absorbed lazypants) is that-- unlike Zsu or JRod-- she actually has the means to properly care for her children. She has plenty of money, lives in a big house with enough space (although, like the other two, it appears to be a shittily-constructed firetrap), she has a decent education so she CAN homeschool, and she has family around to help. But by "family around to help" I mean "coming by/having the kids over once a week to spend time with the grandchildren," not "homeschooling the kids, tending the garden, and coming over any time so Braggie can faff about." Her Mom is at the stage of life where she should be enjoying her grandbabies, not raising them so her daughter can play princess all day. ?

You wanted these children. YOU cook, YOU homeschool, YOU parent them. It's great if the older ones want to help, and it's fine to give them some responsibility; but they shouldn't be "extra parents."

I hope this made sense; apparently I'm as bad as Braggie when it comes to using parentheses.

Good luck, Baby Boys Braggerstadt. You are going to need it.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

From age five and up, the kids all make their own breakfast and lunch. Ezra, Simón and her mother (preC-19) make many of the dinners. She admits to being a slob, belittles her kids, her mother does her gardening and much of the homeschooling, which leaves AH a whole lot of time to herself. She has a great deal of time to shop, wallpaper the appliances, workout and primp and preen in her bathroom selfies!

She spends way too much time on Instagram. She responds a lot to almost everything sometimes.

She responded to someone questioning having time to exercise and motherhood in a very condescending, snotty way.

Can anyone imagine Grandma Abbie spending time homeschooling her grandchildren like her mother does?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

She normally uses a midwife but this time she’s using a midwife and OBGYN. Which is good because she’s AMA at 37 and having twins. You never know if something different will happen because of that so she needs to see an OBGYN too.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I’m going to suggest that her ‘I got pregnant when it should have been impossible’ claim is likely b.s. I’ve often seen this claim from a) women practicing FAM who can’t admit they took a risk and b) religious women practicing NFP trying to prove that their pregnancy is a miracle because it couldn’t possibly have happened without God’s intervention.

Babies are always a possibility if you're having sex. Even with birth control, it's less likely but still possible. I can't understand this same act over and over and over ad nauseam from fundy women of, "Oh gosh! It's a miracle, this shouldn't be possible!" It's like none of them have any concept of basic biology and it makes them all look stupid.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I guess being surprised is fine but she seems more than surprised. She seems flabbergasted. I was surprised when I got pregnant with my second because he was conceived without fertility treatment. But I knew it was possible for me to get pregnant on my own. So I wasn’t flabbergasted. 

• Upvote 6

On 4/20/2020 at 10:52 PM, The butcher's wife said:

On the other hand, I would be terribly distraught when we finally do try to have a baby, and I were to find out I can't have children. But, until then, I'll just assume that my birth control is working perfectly.

Yeah, that's basically what happened with me. Could have saved a fortune if I'd known (and then spent it on IVF).

Like others here it's one reason why Braggie and some of the other "look how awesomely fertile I am! Look at all the children I've conceived, carried, given birth to and then ignore because I aren't actually interested in children I have! Aren't I Special??" women on here annoy me so much. If their kids were obviously loved and happy it would bug me much less - but so many kids are being screwed over in so many ways so their godawful parents can get head pats for something that is nothing to do with anything they did or worked for. If Abbie actually had any self-awareness she would admit she doesn't actually have any interest in raising children, she doesn't actually like being pregnant and go and get some effective birth control, some therapy and start trying to actually be a mother to the children she has.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

How will Braggie handle 3 more kids under 2 yrs old?  

She always talks about how having the twin girls was so hard for her and she had PPD. This will be far more intense.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

How will Braggie handle 3 more kids under 2 yrs old?  

She always talks about how having the twin girls was so hard for her and she had PPD. This will be far more intense.

She refuses to do anything about her trich so I imagine she won’t do anything for PPD if she has it this time around. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

They went on a date where they tested a bigger car and had italian food for dinner, even though they already have a 12-seater (which should still be big enough for 10 kids + 2 adults if my math is correct), but it would apparently be easier to buckle her large brood into their seats if they have 15 instead of 12. I would bet that Softa still watches the kids on datenights; it was dark when they were driving home and she filmed her insta stories, and despite their lack of parenting I doubt that bedtime happens without an adult present to make it happen.

• Upvote 4

I've only been following Abbie on Instagram for around two weeks but I think I'm going to have to unfollow.

Even lockdown boredom doesn't stretch this far, she's just too annoying....

?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

They went on a date where they tested a bigger car and had italian food for dinner, even though they already have a 12-seater (which should still be big enough for 10 kids + 2 adults if my math is correct), but it would apparently be easier to buckle her large brood into their seats if they have 15 instead of 12. I would bet that Softa still watches the kids on datenights; it was dark when they were driving home and she filmed her insta stories, and despite their lack of parenting I doubt that bedtime happens without an adult present to make it happen.

No, she has said Ezra and Simon have been babysitting on date nights. She had a video of Della singing Shiloh to sleep for his nap. I bet Ezra and Simon and Della can get the little ones to sleep without any help. They really are parentified. 

• Sad 7
  • Thank You 1

Ok my house is probably 1/5 the size of hers. Yet I could probably find a place for an ironing board in my home. Is she really this dense? Oh no that’s right. She just likes to complain. I’m sure if she gave it a whole 5 minutes of thought, she could find a place for her ironing board in her enormous firetrap. 

0580B695-0EA9-4912-B079-C9D33A602670.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

Probably are advance planning for the next pregnancy when the currently gestating twins turn one.

• Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok my house is probably 1/5 the size of hers. Yet I could probably find a place for an ironing board in my home. Is she really this dense? Oh no that’s right. She just likes to complain. I’m sure if she gave it a whole 5 minutes of thought, she could find a place for her ironing board in her enormous firetrap. 

I live in a two bedroom apartment I could find a place for an ironing board. They fold up for a reason.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic